Fate and Destiny [Akashi x Ku...

By WinterRaineeDay

"Then, let's make a promise that only I can sing your songs." That was the forgotten promise after the incide... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty - Two
Chapter Twenty - Three
Chapter Twenty - Four
Special Countdown Preview on Chapter 25
Chapter Twenty-Five
Special Countdown Preview to Chapter 26
Chapter Twenty - Six
Special Countdown Preview on Chapter 27
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Special Countdown Preview on Chapter 28
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Special Countdown Preview on Chapter 29
Chapter Twenty - Nine
Special Countdown Preview on Chapter 30
Chapter Thirty
From The Authoress
Story Details - Summary/Characters/Song List
A Poem Just For You
Second Book - Sequel
Valentine EXTRA : Flavor of Life
F&D Fan-Art
Second Route - Melody of Spring
2015 KnB Watty Award - Vote

Chapter Twenty-One

2K 89 92
By WinterRaineeDay

Previous on Chapter 20

"She might not have any time left at all."

"And we all know, the only one who can give her a true happiness is you."

 "Why…why did this disease chose me…?" she cried

"If you want to whine, I'll listen to you. If you want to cry, I will be your shoulder. If you want help, I'll lend you my hand, if you couldn't speak your mind out; let me be the one who speak it for you. If you need a guide when you are lost, I will be your light to guide you out of darkness. So, don't be afraid, you'll never be alone, I'm always here for you." He smiled at her.

"Seijuro is mine and only mine."

"Se…Sei…?" she stuttered as tears began to pool.

"I promise...I'll call you Sei…I won't call you Akashi-kun… anymore…"

"SEI!"

_____________________________________

Kagami looked at his sister who lies asleep on the hospital bed prepared by the nurses after they saw him arriving with an unconscious pianist in his arms. Not long after the ambulance rushed a certain lead singer of the Generation of Miracles bloodied in his own bloods after being shot twice into his chest out of nowhere during the major collabs concert that evening, as the medics attempt to keep him alive as the ambulance rushed him to the nearest hospital.

The bassist sighed quietly as he closes his eyes. He could still remember seeing trails of bloods on the hospital floors when he enters the entrance along with the others behind. It made him felt sick in the stomach when he saw some dark crimson blood has already caked on his shoes from earlier commotion on stage.

He frowned as he bit his lower lip as he recalls what happened earlier, everything went on smoothly until the finale of the concert. It was at the final chorus of Eternal Snow until a gunshot echoes throughout the dome, everything went to a halt when the band members on stage saw streak of crimsons flew before Akashi as he collapsed onto his beloved sister, Kuroko. His crimson orbs widen at what he just registered in his mind when he saw bloods pooling up on the stage floor and staining his sister snowy white dress.

“TETSU! AKASHI!” he dropped his guitar and ran towards the two as the audiences ran out of the dome in panic. The stage and dome crew were trying to calm the audiences down but it did not help much when they just witness such incident happened right before their eyes. Hibiki and Kise carefully removed Akashi from crushing the bluenette under his weight as Kagami and Aomine helped her up until she saw pool of bloods on the stage coming from Akashi’s chest as two bullets drilled into his chest.

Painful sobs and pleas echoes in his eardrums, never in his life he has seen his beloved sister shows such desperations towards someone important to her.

.

"Sei….I love you…please don't leave me…"

"I promise...I'll call you Sei…I won't call you Akashi-kun… anymore…"

.

He sighed inwardly, as his gazes met the cool floor beneath him, ‘Everything happens without me knowing it, huh…’ his shoulder slightly fell at the thoughts of Kuroko truly loves the lead singer, ‘In the end, she belongs to him only…huh’ his train of thoughts broke when he heard shifts on the bed near him.

Eyelids flutters open at the dim light of the room shines above her. Her sea blue orbs looks around as she search for a certain lead singer, “Tetsu, are you feeling better…?” her dear brother asked as he helped her up, “Where’s Sei…?” her voice was barely above whispers. Kagami suddenly froze as he furrowed, “Taiga…?” she asked. He suddenly found the lump in his throat became too large for him to swallow.

.

.

It has been over thirty minutes ever since Akashi were rush to the nearest hospital. Everyone in the Generation of Miracles, EUTERPE, and Kagami waits impatiently in front of the emergency room while Nana accompanies Kuroko in one of the hospital room. Silent murmurs between the Rakuzan Agency President, Nijimura Shuzou, and Hibiki down the hallway. What they were discussing remains unknown as the others were to focus in waiting for their dear friend conditions.

“Why is this happening…?” Kise mumbles as he gritted his teeth in frustrations. Like the rest, they all found it is hard to believe that this is happening when everything went smoothly.

It was then the light above the emergency room turns off, a doctor exit it. Everyone stopped what they were doing, they quickly gathered near the doctor, “HOW IS HE!”

The doctor’s face was gloomy as he looked at each one of them. He knows exactly who they are including his new patient; he was watching the concert in the employees’ longue. He cleared his throat, “We manage to take out the two bullets.”

Each of them lets out a breathe of relief but what they didn’t know that the doctor has more to say than just that, “However, the bullets has hit his vital organs. We couldn’t stop the internal bleedings. Even if we manage stop it, the chances of him surviving the surgery is extremely slim. We might kill him on the surgery bed instead of-”

“What do you mean??” Kise frowned. The doctor looked at him, “I’m sorry.”

That was all the doctor has to say. It was like a brick being slammed onto their faces, “It can’t be…it’s impossible! I know he’s stronger than that!” Kagami roared at the doctor, as the others quickly grabbed a hold of him and pulled the wild tiger away. The door slides open as the nurses pushed a hospital bed out of the emergency room. All movements halted.

On the bed, lays Akashi in an oxygen mask as he breathes shallowly into it. His eyes shut close tight, his perfectly tanned skin looked completely pale, and his crimson locks disheveled. All orbs focused on the lead singer. Never in their life, they seen the high and mighty Akashi Seijuro looked so…lifeless. The nurses cart him away towards an empty room down the hall.

The doctor turns to them, “He doesn’t have much time. Now, the only thing that is keeping him alive is his strong will but that alone is not enough.” He looked at them; he has lost counts on how many times he has seen such expressions on his patients’ relatives, friends and many more after receiving such depressing answer. He sighs, “If you need anything, I’ll be at my office, and the nurses will come by every so often to check on him.” He gave a silent bow before excusing himself.

“DAMN IT ALL!” Aomine punched the wall in frustrations. Kise and Murasakibara gritted their teeth.

The friend they knew for almost their entire life is at the death door and they could not do anything to help or save him. Despite after everything has happened, even after they ditched the lead singer aside, Akashi still accepted them back and treated them like he always does. Regardless, of how many times those around him have hurt him. He still forgives and accepts them as they were once. He may not notice it but he has the same heart just like his beloved Kuroko.

.

.

A soft knock on the door interrupts them abruptly, “Ah, glad to see you’re finally awake, Kuroko-chan.” Hibiki forced a smile on his face as he walk towards the two siblings. He cast a glance at Kagami as he held the taller guitarist shoulder firmly. The red head furrowed at the silent message. Kuroko shifts her gaze from Kagami to her blood brother, “Minoru-san…where’s Sei?” Hibiki looked at her dear sister who looked so lost at this moment, just like a lost puppy missing its mother, “Akashi is a-“

“Kuroko-chii, please you must hurry!” Kise came barging in as he pants lightly; he grabs the bluenette wrist and pulls her carefully out of the room towards to another room where everyone else is there looking all gloomy, “Kise-kun, what’s wron—“ her orbs widen as she heard a soft beep from the heart monitor machine near the bed. Her sapphire orbs slowly shifts from Kise to the man that lies on the bed.

“Sei…”

Akashi breathes shallowly into the oxygen mask. The excruciating pain underneath his chest made him felt like he just got ran over by a trailer repeatedly but despite the pain, all he wants now is to see his beloved pianist because he felt as if this would be the last time he will see her. He could hear silent murmurs and light footsteps walking towards him.

It took him everything for him to open his eyes when he felt a familiar presence by his side. His visions cleared as the blue as the blue-sky spreads above during day he found her under the tree fills his sight. He still remembers her beautiful calm face when she was asleep, beautiful like an angel that lights his path in his darkest hour, “Tetsu…ki…” his orbs soften when her beautiful face cleared in his vision. She came closer to them as pearl of tears began to pool, her lips trembles. Her trembling hands held his hands gently as she caressed them against her soft cheeks.

He smiled, “I have wished…to see you…again…” she looked at him; her orbs began to waver by the pool of tears she’s holding back, “Unn…I’m here…” her heart broke at the sight of Akashi being so fragile. He then grunt at the sudden waves of pain, he could feel her hands trembling in his, he looked at her, “You’ve suffered…long enough…you continued to…suffered even after…we fix things… to the way it…was…” the sweats pours down none stop as the excruciating pain kept coming, he caressed her cheeks.

“I’m sorry…for taking so long…to return to your…side” he then suddenly bucked over as he coughed out bloods. The others who were standing by the side quickly went to get the nurses. “Please, I’m begging you. Stop talking. You’ll hurt yourself this way.” However, her pleas falls on deaf ears as he shook his head, trails of bloods fell from the corner of his mouth. “Your kindness…that guides me…throughout everything…please keep shines…everyone’s path…with your songs…as it did…to me…” the surge of pain was beyond excruciating as his tears fell.

“Please please, I’m begging you Sei. Stop talking. You’ve promised me that you’ll be by my side forever!” her voice trembles. “A promise…I must…break…,” his breathe began to comes in short pants. Her tears fell, “No! You must not break it! Please! I’ve been waiting for my entire life to be with you! Why?! Why must it be you?”

His calloused thumb gently wiped off the tears from her orbs. In his other hands, held the ring he has picked out especially for her, “The happiness …I desired…was precious time…spent with the one I love…but now…my time…is coming to an end…”

Her orbs widens as tears fell, “NO! DON’T DIE! PLEASE DON’T! YOU'VE PROMISED TO BE BY MY SIDE!” she cried as she hugged him. Everyone heard her cries, they refused to turn around as their heart clenched painfully. Kagami bit his lower lip as he turns around, trying to block his sister painful sobs out of his mind. The beeping sound of the heart monitor began to fasten.

Akashi caressed her soft locks, he knew this would be the last time he felt the warmth that once saved him from the darkness, “Tetsuki…smile for me…” Kuroko struggles to find the strength to smile beneath those painful sorrows in her heart. Her tears kept pouring down as she smiled.

His expression softens, “You’re…much more…beautiful…this way…” his hands shifts from her locks to her wet cheeks, “Keep reaching…for your dreams…” he frowned as the excruciating pain began to hit harder in his chest but he must stay awake until the very end. However, his visions began to sway as each ounce of his energy began to slip away; “Keep smiling…keep reaching for…your dreams…” his voice began to fade.

“My …one…and …only…”

Everything came to a halt when the monitor gave a long flat beep. She felt his hands slipped from her cheeks, she could not hear his shallow breathing anymore, “Sei?” everything fell apart when she sees his calm face, with the orbs she loves so much shut close as his lips slight parts. Her orbs widens as she tries to shake the lead singer lifeless body, “Sei…?” The ring from his palm fell onto the floor, left untouched.

Tears fell from Kagami and everyone else. The continuous plea from their beloved bluenette to the lifeless lead singer has broke their heart.

..

"Tetsuki, I want you to know that I want to sing your songs, no matter what! We have promised!"

 ..

‘Sei!”

..

"You still have me…I'll never let you go through this alone."

.. 

“Sei!

..

"You're always welcome, Tetsuki but I do wished you would call me by my first name when we're alone."

..

“Sei!”

..

"If you want to whine, I'll listen to you. If you want to cry, I will be your shoulder. If you want help, I will lend you my hand, if you could not speak your mind out; let me be the one who speak it for you. If you need a guide when you are lost, I will be your light to guide you out of darkness. So, don't be afraid, you'll never be alone, I'm always here for you."

..

“Sei…”

"Then, let's make a promise, that only I can sing your songs"

..

“…please don’t leave me…” she buried her face onto his neck as she arms still wrapped around the body that once belong to her beloved childhood friend, Akashi. Tears falls like the rain from the heavens as sorrow surrounds her fragile heart.

..

 “I promise.”

“Sei…”

______________________

 “ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!” Haizaki swing his arms towards everything he sees, destroying them, channeling his anger and frustrations towards those items. The images of the pianist cried in painful sorrows repeated repeatedly in his mind. Her sobs rang in his ears, washing against it like the typhoon outside.

“DAMN IT ALL!” he kicked the table off as it shatters onto the ground. He pants heavily. If the bullets had hit the pianist earlier, it would be the opposite person who will be crying in sorrows; nevertheless, both innocent people who didn’t know their life were going to end all because of jealousy towards them.

“Haizaki-sama, Luka-sama wants to see you immediately.” Someone knocks on the door.

He roared as he threw a vase to the door, “TELL THE BITCH TO ROT INHELL!” he sat down on the floor as he leans against the wall, looking at the rifle he uses earlier.

‘What have I done to them…?’

_______________

(The beginning of the Azurite True Grace Song** Make sure you listen to it.) 

Round of claps greeted the sea blue haired pianist as she gracefully walked onto the stage. Her beautiful sea blue dress wraps around her body beautifully as she made her way towards the grand piano at the center of the stage. The stage light slowly dims gently, only focusing the soft golden light onto the bluenette while the audiences silently wait for the bluenette.

She closes her orbs as her fingers began to dance gracefully on the piano key, “I've known you since a long time ago, but I never thought that this feeling will sprout…” Kagami looked at his beloved sister from the backstage.

It has been a month since the death of Akashi. Thing went back to normal or at least on the surface. His friends been struggling to accept what has happened. Kuroko had it hard, they often found her crying herself to sleep with the silver ring Akashi gave her. A broken and injured heart takes time to heal and thus it did as she slowly began to accept his death.

However, there's times she would stare at the ring with such sad expression. No one knows what's in her mind until one day, she approached Rakuzan Agency president, Nijimura that she wants to continue where the collaboration concert last stop. It was a tough desicion but out of respect, NIjimura agreed to it, not because it would bring profits after a musician death but because he knows it's the wishes of Akashi for Kuroko to reach for her dreams. 

Akashi once told him - " If anything were to happen to me, please make sure Tetsuki reached her dreams. You're the only one i know that's capable to do so for her. So, please. This is the only wish I have for her." he bows down to the older man. - and Nijimura will make sure his last and only wish comes true. 

“To think that I’m falling in love with you…On our usual pathway home, while gazing at the stars, we purposely took the long path, I walk while leaning against your shoulder.” The last note of the verse resonates throughout the dome as she sang.

"I feel like we can overcome everything as long as we're together. Looking straight at your eyes who said that, I feel that I love you…"

.

.

Her eyelids flutters open gently as her sapphire orbs met the white ceiling above. Both her brothers are at her side, looking at her with such sad face on theirs. It took her several moments until she remembers what she was doing two days ago; she jumped off the bed and almost made a dash towards the door when her legs buckled the moment she stepped onto the ground.

“Sei, I need to see him…” she struggles to stand up. She pushed away her brothers’ hands; she wobbles her way towards the door until the blonde keyboardist of the band shows up and blocks the way, “Kuroko-chii…” Kise looked like he was about to cry as he swallowed that lump in his throat, “Please move away, Kise-kun. I need to see Sei. He wanted to meet me didn’t he?”

The blonde orbs sadden, “Kuroko-chii…Akashi-chii…he was buried two days ago…” her orbs flew widens as she furrowed, “It’s a lie. I know he is still alive. Please Kise-kun, move away from the door.”

“Tetsu, he’s not….Akashi passed away three days ago…don’t you remember?” even Kagami voice sounded hoarse and tired. She looked at him, then to Hibiki, then to Kise. “No, I don’t. I remember he’s still alive and he even promised me that he would always be by my side.” Her tears began to pool as she kept denying.

“He promised…” she wobbles towards Kise. The blonde refused to move, “Please, Kuroko-chii…don’t be like this…” She snapped, “Like what?! Impossible he is dead! Bring me to him!” using the wall as support, she walk towards the door, pushing the taller man away. She left the room but immediately stop when she saw several others waiting outside the room.

Aomine approached her, “What are you doing out here, go back in there and rest.” His tone was different from the usual him. He looked like he has been crying for days; Satsuki forced a smile on her face as she approached the bluenette, “Nee. Momoi-san, can you please bring me to where Sei is?” the pinknette was surprised at the pianist request, “Tsuki-chan…Akashi-kun is de—“

Kuroko cut her off, “No, he’s not dead. He promised me he would be here for me forever.” Pearl of tears fell; she pushed Momoi away as she wobbles to wherever her feet bring her. She bumped into someone taller, Mayuzumi towered her like an eagle prying its prey as he watched her getting onto her feet.

“Accept it. Akashi Seijuro is dead.” With a cold tone he stabbed into the bluenette heart, “You seen him for yourself three days ago, he passed away when you’re there.” He added. Kuroko leaned against the wall, she shut close her eyes, “No…he’s not…” trails of tears fell down across her cheeks.

Mayuzumi gritted his teeth, and then he turns around to grab a hold of the pianist arms, “Stop acting like this. You are not the only one who lost him. Did you think it doesn’t have any effect on us?! Did you think we didn’t shed our tears for him the moment that damn machine gave out that cursed sound?! ” he roared as all eyes focused on them. Kagami and Hibiki approached them.

Her small body trembles, “If only he never met me…if only I never suggested singing together, if only I never had this foolish dream of mine, he wouldn’t get shot from the beginning!” her legs crumbles down. She clamped her eyes with her palm, “I’ll accept any punishment, I’ll accept it no matter how harsh it is, it doesn’t matter if he never loves me, I just want him to come back…” her tears flows like the waterfall.

Hibiki made his way towards his beloved sister as the rest of them gave way for him, and then he crouched down. “Kuroko-chan, Akashi wanted to save you even though he knows he’s putting his life at risk, he wanted to protect you.” He held his sister shoulder firmly as he wiped off the tears, “Akashi wants you to live. If you give up now, all his wishes, dreams and his feelings for you will all disappear in vain.” He grabs something from his pocket and puts it onto her palm. Her orbs widens at the sight of a simple silver ring

“It’s from Akashi…he wanted to propose to you after the concert but…he didn’t make it…”

She picked the small ring up, she noticed the wordings carving onto the silver - I’m Always with You. Forever.

..

"There is nothing impossible in this world, even to love one another…but Tetsuki…I can tell you this…there's no one in this world that I could ever love more than I love you…"

“There’s only one person in my heart and she's the only one I would ever love for the rest of my life”

“My …one…and …only…”

..

“Sei…” She held the ring closer to her. Pearls of tears fell even more. Hibiki hugged her in his arms. That evening, the hallway of a certain hospital filled with faint painful sobs and cries of frustrations as she cries all her pain and sadness out.

.

.

Nana and Momoi tear up at the strong passion in the song as the pianist on stage performed her best, “I feel like we can overcome everything as long as we're together. Looking straight at your eyes who said that, I feel that I love you…" Hibiki sea blue orbs saddens, he knows those lyrics came from his sister broken heart. The pain she has endured during the death of Akashi and after his passing has made her stronger. However, not strong enough to hold back the tears that’s welling up.

There’s no sign of happiness on her face, just painful expressions filled with sorrows,  as the song slowly came to an end, “Gazing over floating stars in night when we're far separated, strongly believe in my feelings for you, I want to keep protecting it”

The overwhelmed emotions in the song and the pianist has made the audiences tear up. She puts everything she into the last verse of the song as the overflowing memories of Akashi played in her mind.

After all, the song was their last memories together…

  __________________________________

 [Authoress Note] 

I'm sorry but I think I'm being too cruel in this depressing chapter. Please review , would really appreciate what ya guys think of this and upcoming chapters.

Till next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 223 24
"But what about our promise?" "Not all promises last" Kang Aeri, a student whose childhood friend makes a promise to her. Will that promise last? Or...
5.2K 215 65
Kise Ryouta was sent to live with the Mirai family in the countryside as a form of natural therapy after an incident occured. There, he met the shy n...
4.4K 257 7
.:Winner of @WinterRaineeDay 's KnB Canon Pairing Contest Multi-Chapter Entries:. What do you do when you're considered 'invisible' to the world arou...
9.3K 358 20
[Celeb!Reader x Singer!Kuroko] [Celeb!Various x Reader]: Ready, Set, Action! 16 years, [Alias] [Name] has just finished her latest drama and is now c...