60 Days with Ben (Completed)

By tinna938

Gabrielle has always watched Benjamin from afar. It was from a distance that she knew that her platonic love... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Penultimate - Chapter 28
Final- Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 18

323 20 9
By tinna938

23rd Day

A bad atmosphere between my mother and I continue the next day. The breakfast was even quieter than on ordinary days. The ride to school crawled. His look of disappointment was divided between the attention in the traffic and me. I spent most of the time looking at the repetitive landscape of the route to my school. I tried to sidestep the delicate look of my mother using the cell phone.

My social network was always empty, existed because it was one more way that I used to know what Ben was doing some years ago. I could not even do 50%, but he often posted something about his beautiful life. I had not added him as friends; I am sure if I had sent the invitation, Ben would not have accepted at that time. After he isolated himself and abandoned his social networks, then I started going on the social network less often until it turned into nothing.

Today the classes seemed endless. Without Benjamin's presence in the classroom, it was as if something had been missing all along. We did not spend all our time talking, but we managed to do this a few times. In the break, Fernando seemed more at ease in Carla's presence again. He was overcoming shyness slowly. The "embarrassing" moment had already passed, and this seemed to have made my friend happier, which made me a little less apprehensive to learn that I would have two more days without Ben's presence at the school.

The next class was from my mother. The relationship was the same as always since she made it clear that mother-daughter relationship would not exist in the classroom. Trust between us was broken yesterday. I slept in Benjamin's house it was not the right thing to do. Mainly because I was drunk, but if I had not drunk, this would not have happened. Then our trust would not have broken, and we would continue with our relationship from before.

I would go home by bus. I did not like it much since it was a rush time. The full bus was a sign that I would stand. I picked up my school supplies as soon as the bell rang; I wanted to get faster to the bus stop. My mother prevented me from leaving the classroom by calling me. I watched the class that still contained some students. I expected my mother's tone to come out a little lighter. Her expression did not appear to have anything abnormal. She seemed calm, but when her voice rumbled through the classroom showed the opposite.

"Elle, go straight home!" The other students looked at me instinctively. I nodded and left the classroom as soon as I passed the gate one of the students of in my class bumped into me.

"Go straight, baby," The student told me followed by a laugh.

"Or you will get punishment because the baby does not know how to behave right," The other said. I preferred to ignore your stupid comment.

"Or else I can hit your face, and you will not be able to do anything because I'm a girl," My favorite superhero's voice rumbled next to me.

Carla did not accept this type of joke that the students were doing with me; in fact, she did not agree that they did with nobody. If she were close, when something like that happened, she would always have something to say. The two students said something inaudible and went their way. Carla went with me to the bus stop since she depended on buses to go home. She was always a lucky person, even to catch the bus first then me. Unfortunately, I stayed a few minutes alone until my bus arrived.

I got off the bus and following home. I had to walk another five minutes to my house. As soon as I was approaching my house, I heard a whistle.

"Hey! I did not know doll walked," I rolled my eyes when I realized that it was Ben speaking one of the worst pickup lines ever invented.

"And I did not know that monkey was talking," I retaliated turning towards Ben's house.

"Your mood is up there today, huh? What happened to make you so good-humored?" Ben shouted across the street. He motioned for me to approach. I remembered that I was grounded, and that meant that I could not contact Ben's house, but my mother is not home, and I would not go into his house. I crossed the street and went to him.

"Girls don't like that kind of pickup line."

"I was not hitting on you."

"I did not say you were," I replied. "I'm just warning you when you say this to a girl," I said defensively.

"I know the girls don't like, but I like of say, only to me know the reaction hers."

"Then, do you only wanted to know my reaction?" I asked leaning against the gate railing. Ben nodded.

"Then, will you talk me what is happening? You look annoyed."

"My mother doesn't want I talk to you," Benjamin did not seem offended by what I just said. His countenance remained calm as before.

"Did your mother go crazy?" He was not angry when he spoke, but even so, I glared at him furiously. "Has she not yet realized the good I do to you? You drank and spent the night out."

"You are ridiculous."

"I have sure this is not what you think. I know you think I'm amazing," I turned my face to the side watching the nothing, hoping Ben would not notice the redness on my face. Of course, he was not telling lies, of course, I think he is amazing. I watched when he took the small bag that was on his lap and left it in my direction. I looked at him again. "Your flip-flops, Cinderella booze." Ben passed the bag through the gate railing; I took it with a jolt. I did not like of been called of booze. I would not have gotten into this situation if it had not been for him.

"Thank you!" I answered with a harsh voice.

"How was school...? Without me? It was boring, was not it?"

"Why are you asking if you already answered?"

"Because I want to hear from you, how much you miss me."

"I do not miss you!"

"Elle!" Ben interrupted me. "Say yes. You will not die if you say this. And could you please stop blushing?"

"If you do not know this is not something that is controlled. You're only making the situation worse by telling me this."

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to embarrass you. So... Did you ever remember anything about Saturday night?"

"No. Why don't you tell me?"

"Not is the moment yet. You and your mother need to make up first. I cannot do what I intend to do with her still angry. It can be detrimental to what I intend to do," I was intrigued by what Ben was saying; I could not imagine what he meant to do. I would ask, but he asked a question. "What does your mother think of me today?"

"Bad example," I started counting. "Irresponsible. You do not take anything seriously. Foul-mouthed. You give the alcoholic drink to a minor."

"Are you underage? Oh really? I didn't realize it. Did not she think of putting me in jail?"

"In the next time, who knows? What's the point of all this?"

"I just wanted to confirm that at this very moment, she must hate me. What would she do if she saw you at the gate of my house talking to me?"

"I think she would come fetch me by the ear," I answered without fear repenting soon after for realizing that this is not a sure thing to say to a guy.

"So, I think better you go in and hide. Your mother is coming," I looked instinctively backward trying not to think the worst. I was thinking about how my mother would come here. She would oblige me to go home. She would not need to get to the point of having to force me before she said the second word I would already be home.

Despite the intense sun, my glasses would not let my vision fail. The entrance to the gate of my house was evident from here. The house gate was empty; the house street was empty, only the sun shone brightly on the asphalt. I turned my eyes to Ben, and his cynical smile came out, my heart, which had been accelerated by the tension, came back to normal.

"I was testing you. I wanted to see your ability to think fast and run away."

"I'll pretend it was funny."

"Do not be mean!" Benjamin was silent and looked into my eyes. I would do anything to know what was going on in your head right now. Why did I have the feeling he was planning something?

"How did your mother react when she realized that you had drunk and that you had stolen your father's drink?" I asked two questions, wanting to escape the strange look of Benjamin.

"My mother did not make a scene like your..."

"My mother made no scene," I said crossing my arms.

"Hey, calm down. I was kidding. She did not respond very well. In fact, she was furious when she came into my bedroom and saw the bottles on the floor. I in my most perfect sleep I was awoken with a jolt. She screamed at me, and then to calm her down I said I was with you."

"What?"

"Then she calmed down," Ben smiled.

"Then she calmed down," I imitated him. "Only that?"

"My mother thinks you're a responsible person. She knew I was safe. She likes you more than she likes Jessica," Ben concluded, and I did not understand the reason for the comparison.

"So she was not mad at me?" Ben shook his head.

"Benjamin!" Ben's dad called.

"I have to enter Elle! Seriously, I wanted to stay longer, but I have to be a good boy."

"It's all right. I am already going. Goodbye!" I waved and went home wishing these days went by fast.

24th Day

"I did not know that flower was born on the asphalt," I looked back just to see that it was Benjamin. Two girls passed me laughing at what Ben had said.

"Ben, cannot you just call me some other way? The people were watching," I said and approached the gate.

"I'm just kidding."

"Were you waiting for me?" One of the rare moments was seeing Benjamin turn red; he did not seem to be waiting for that question.

"Not. I always have the habit of staying at the gate at that time.

"I thought you were arriving from school at this time."

"You're getting bold, huh? Why complicate? I was used to seeing you every day, and this is the only time I can talk to you personally," I figured this was Ben's way of saying he missed me. It was good to know that at some point in his life I was already part and that this part was missing in his life. "Her mother, she is in front of her house, looking furiously at us," It fell again on Ben's trick, and I turned my gaze to my house. As soon as I realized that my mother was not there, I turned my attention to Benjamin.

We stayed there for longer than the day before. Although I was hungry, I did not want to give up the only time I could see him in person. Then, I chose to ignore the rumble in my stomach and stay there until someone interrupts us.

25th Day

Fernando seemed a bit disoriented when he bumped into me on the schoolyard. He was entering school again. I thought he had forgotten something in the classroom and had come looking for, but when he held out his hand to me and handed me a folded paper, I could see that this was not the real reason for his return to school. I shook my head, implying that I did not want the paper. My mind flew in Carla, to think that that could be some note with Fernando's ulterior motives for me. I would never hurt my friend, and I didn't want Fernando to do that either.

"No, it's not for me," I allowed myself to smile when the sentence came out of his mouth.

"Is it Carla's?"

"No," I blinked a few times trying to imagine who would send me a note. I took the folded paper and held it with both hands. "It's Ben's."

"From Benjamin?"

"It is. He forced me to come and give you."

"Does he forced you?"

"Yeah. He said that if I did not give this to you, he would tell Carla about my little old interest in you," Fernando answered a little sheepishly.

"Would not Ben do that? Do you think he would?"

"I do not know what your friend is capable of doing when he wants something, but I know he's good people, although, he is a blackmailer."

"He is terrible. Carla was right when she said that I would have to re-educate him. Do you know what it is?"

"No, I did not read," Of course, Fernando would not do that. He is an educated young man, one of the reasons why Carla was interested in him.

Fernando said goodbye to me and went on his way. As I walked toward the exit of the school, I carefully opened the note. I recognized Ben's handwriting on the note:

Dear, Elle

Since you do not like my wonderful pickup lines, I decided to borrow one of Ed Sheeran's songs again. How could I not bring a sound car to the school door, (I know this would make you completely embarrassed.) I decided to write it on a piece of paper. Please, this time understand my message, mainly because my hands hurt a lot to write it all. I am not very good with these things; actually, I was good at it until I met you. It is more complicated with you, not that you were complicated, but you are very shy, so I have to go more carefully. Therefore, read this beautiful song and interpret it the way your heart desires:

Settle down with me

Cover me up

Cuddle me in

Lie down with me

And hold me in your arms

And your heart's against my chest

Your lips pressed in my neck

I'm falling for your eyes

But they don't know me yet

And with a feeling I'll forget

I'm in love now

Kiss me like you wanna be loved

You wanna be loved

This feels like falling in love

Falling in love

We're falling in love

Settle down with me

And I'll be your safety

You'll be my lady

I was made to keep your body warm

But I'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms

Yeah I've been feeling everything

From hate to love from love to lust

From lust to truth I guess that's how I know you

So I hold you close to help you give it up

So kiss me like you wanna be loved

You wanna be loved

You wanna be loved

This feels like falling in love

Falling in love

We're falling in love

So kiss me, Elle, like you wanna be loved.

P.S: I am waiting for you in front of the school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
911 7 24
When a teenage boy and his girlfriend get into a serious car accident, leaving his girlfriend to suffer getting surgery after surgery just to try to...
3.5K 137 43
You are in university, and a handsome young English teacher arrives. What happens when they start feeling things for each other?
95.6K 3.9K 60
*CURRENTLY EDITING! This version may or may not contain harmful stereotypes and I had been meaning to revise them and change them so better messages...