A Shattered Life (LOTR/Legola...

Door ElvenArcher0106

It's been 60 years since Amara Silverhood traveled with the Company of Thorin Oakenshield, but the pain in he... Meer

Prologue- A Love Lost
Chapter 1- Rivendell Calls
Chapter 2- The Mountain Pass
Chapter 3- Mines of Doom
Chapter 4- Lothlörien Gifts
Chapter 5- Breaking of Fellowship
Chapter 6- Torture in the Night
Chapter 7- Hope Lost
Chapter 8- Egde of Death
Chapter 9- The Road to Edoras
Chapter 10- Releasing Theoden
Chapter 11- Truth Will Out
Chapter 12- The Way To Helm's Deep
Chapter 13- A Ranger Returns
Chapter 14- To Fight
Chapter 15- To Win
Chapter 16- Reunion in Isengard
Chapter 17- Drunken Love
Chapter 18- Clouded Memories
Chapter 19- The Palantir
Chapter 20- The Ride to Minas Tirith
Chapter 22- To the Edge of Night
Chapter 23- Burned Alive
Chapter 24- The Long Expected Confession
Chapter 25- A Refusal to Sleep
Chapter 26- A Diversion
Chapter 27- For Frodo
Chapter 28- The End of All Things
Chapter 29- The Crownless Again Shall Be King
Chapter 30- Of Nerves and Celebration
Chapter 31- An Unexpected Guest
Epilogue- Into the West

Chapter 21- Room to Hope

1.4K 40 0
Door ElvenArcher0106

Amara was tossed into a damp dark cell, the door locked and bolted behind her. She scrambled to her feet and turned but the knights were already gone. She groaned in frustration and banged her fist against the metal bars in anger. Footsteps echoed against the stone and suddenly Gandalf was standing there with Pippin at his side.

"Sorry Gandalf. I should have held my tongue." She murmured, but the wizards eyes twinkled and a smile grew on his face.

"I fear that if you did, I would have done much worse. I'll see to getting you out, don't fret Amara." He reassured.

"It was quite funny." Pippin pipped up. Amara chuckled and smiled.

"Come, let's get unpacked and settled for tonight." Gandalf said to Pippin. "Sleep well, Amara. You'll be out by morning.

Amara sat uncomfortably in her cell. It was cold and quiet, disturbed only by her breathing. Night had fallen, she could tell. She wrapped her cloak tightly around her shoulders and closed her eyes, praying that tomorrow she could leave.

--

The next morning,Amara jumped at the sound of her cell being opened. Two knights pulled her to her feet and led her out of the dungeon without a word. She protested very little, not wanted to cause her time in the cell to be lengthened.

The knights pushed her into the throne room where Lord Denethor was seeing to the day's business. Amara's lip curled to see him acting as the position of King. She wanted nothing more than to throw him off of the white city. But she remained silent as the steward finally turned to her. He's lips curled into a snarl.

"Gandalf wishes for me to release you." He stated.

"Then you would be so kind as to relieve these knights of their guard and release me of these chains." Amara said back to him, holding out her hands that were cuffed.

"Not so fast, hybrid." He spat, "The other being in you company offered his service to me in payment of my son's death. What have you to offer?"

"It was not my fault nor Pippin's fault for your sons death. We owe you nothing." Amara growled.

"How dare you!" Denethor shouted, his voice echoing against the white stone. Amara held her head high.

"Boromir is dead, Denethor. No threat you make to me nor any thing I can offer will bring him back to you. Mourn you son, yes. But do not let it drive you mad." Denethor's face turned red with anger and he opened his mouth to shout at her, but the doors behind Amara opened before he could get a word out. Amara whipped her head around to see a man who she thought dead standing there.

Her mouth hung open and she blinked rapidly. No, it wasn't him. It couldn't be. The man walked further into the throne room, brushing passed Amara.

"Father." He said, bowing slightly.

"Faramir." Denethor greeted. Of course. Faramir looked back at Amara, who was still staring at him in shock.

"Amara Silverhood?" He asked. She nodded. He turned and bowed to her.

"I am pleased to meet the woman who journeyed with my brother." Amara bowed back.

"And I am pleased to meet Boromir's brother." She responded. Faramir straightened and eyed the guards next to Amara.

"Release her, she did no wrong." He commanded.

"You have no right-" Denethor started, before Faramir rounded on him.

"Nor do you." He stated. The knights let go of Amara, undoing her chains. She rubbed her wrists and shot Faramir a look of thanks before leaving the throne room. She was about to search for Gandalf, when she heard raised voices from the throne room.

Amara doubled back around and pressed her ear against the door.

"I did what I judged to be right." Faramir said as calmly as he could.

"What you judged to be right! You sent the Ring of power into Mordor in the hands of a witless Halfling!" Amara stepped back.

"Frodo." She breathed, a smile growing on her face. The hobbit was still alive. She was filled with a new hope that they would defeat this world.

"Leave me!" Denethor boomed. The doors were flung open and Faramir stormed out. He stopped and took a breath, composing himself. Amara put a hand on his arm and he jumped, turning to look at her.

"You've seen Frodo?" She whispered. Faramir nodded. Amara's smile grew.

"And Samwise?" She pressed.

"Yes...but they were with a horrid creature, by the name of Gollum. He is leading the Hobbits into Mordor."

"But they are alive?" Amara pressed.

"Yes..they are alive."

"Then there is room to hope."

Her and Faramir walked together through Minas Tirith, recounting Amara's adventure thus far.

"So you and my brother, would you call him a friend?" Faramir asked. Amara thought for a moment.

"Boromir and I had our differences. If he could've had it his way, he would not have allowed a woman to journey with him. However, I believe that once I proved myself worthy to be a part of the Fellowship, he saw that I was a good ally. I dont believe we saw each other as true friends until the end. He sacrificed himself to save Merry and Pippin. And when he believed he failed, he forced me to go after them rather than protect him. Without him, I may not be here. So yes. I would consider him a friend."

"Boromir is a tricky man. But his alliances have always run deep." Faramir stated. Amara nodded along with him. They turned the corner and Amara spotted her little hobbit sitting on a bench. She smiled. Pippin was swinging his legs back and forth as the bench was far too high for him.

"What were you thinking Peregrin Took? What service can a Hobbit offer such a great lord of men?" The hobbit muttered.

"It was well done. A generous deed should not be checked with cold counsel." Faramir spoke up. Pippin jumped up and Faramir and Amara approached him. "You are to join the tower guard."

"I didn't think they would find any livery that would fit me."

"It once belonged to a young boy of the city. A very foolish one who wasted many hours slaying dragons instead of attending his studies."

"This was yours?" Pippin asked smiling. Amara knelt down and began adjusting the tunic.

"Yes, it was mine. My father had it made for me." Faramir stated.

"Well, I'm taller than you were then. Though, I'm not likely to grow anymore, except sideways." Pippin said, causing the three of them to laugh.

"It never fitted me either. Boromir was always the soldier." Faramir said, his smile fading. "They were so alike he and my father. Proud, stubborn even, but strong." Amara stood up and placed a hand on Faramir's shoulder, for once at a loss for words of comfort.

"I think you have strength of a different kind. And one day your father will see it." Pippin spoke up. Faramir smiled slightly.

--

Pippin knelt before the steward's chair. Faramir stood back with Amara watching the proceedings.

"Here do I swear fealty and service to Gondor in peace or war, in living or dying, from" he hesitates over the words. "from this hour henceforth until my lord release me or death take me."

"And I shall not forget it!" Denethor said all toi happily. He stands up and approaches Pippin. "nor fail to reward that which is given." He offers Pippin his ring on his finger, Pippin closes his eyes and kisses it. Denethor lifts Pippin's face by the chin. "Fealty with love." He walks over to a table. "Valour with honour. Disloyalty with vengeance." He turns and looks at Faramir and sits at the table, helping himself to food.

"I do not think we should so lightly abandon the outer defences. Defences that your brother long held intact." Denethor addressed Faramir. The man stepped forward slightly.

"What would you have me do?"

"I will not yield the River and Pellenor unfought. Osgiliath must be retaken."

"My lord Osgiliath is over run." Faramir pressed, trying to reason with his father.

"Much must be risked in war. Is there a Captain here who still has the courage to do his lord's will?" Pippin looks at Denethor alarmed. Amara walked silently over to the hobbit and placed her hands on his shoulders.

"You wish now that our places had been exchanged. That I had died and Boromir had lived." Faramir said sorrowfully.

"Yes, I wish that." Denethor confessed. Faramir stands quietly upset for a moment.

"Since you are robbed of Boromir I will do what I can in his stead." He bows deeply and turns to leave the hall. Amara watches him open mouthed. Faramir turns back to his father. "If I should return, think better of me father."

"That will depend on the manner of your return." Faramir walks from the room. As the doors close, Amara stepped forward.

"Osgiliath is overrun, my Lord! Would you really risk the life of your last remaining son to try and save it?" She countered.

"Silence! Or I should have you locked up again." Denethor warned. Amara ran from the room, after Faramir.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

617K 13.9K 57
Aleana is the daughter of Gandalf the Grey and a dear friend to Frodo Baggins. When the ring falls in the possession of Frodo, Gandalf asks Aleana to...
91.7K 2.3K 37
Second Book The One Ring to rule them all The one ring that would bring destruction down on everyone. Including the Stormborn family. What's left of...
181K 2.1K 33
Y/n, Daughter of Elrond has been a strong and independent elf all her life. She sets out on a journey to destroy the one ring along with the other me...
2.9K 116 29
Twenty years have passed since Erebor was recaptured. Kili and Malia lead a quiet life until one day a messenger from Rivendell comes. They both join...