Reasons to Live | ✔

By HisBeautifulMess

After an incident three months ago and her parent's divorce, Reina Caverly finds a way to cope: cutting herse... More

Chapter 1-
Chapter 2-
Chapter 3-
Chapter 4-
Chapter 5-
Chapter 6-
Chapter 7-
Chapter 8-
Chapter 9-
Chapter 10-
Chapter 11-
Chapter 12-
Chapter 13-
Chapter 14-
Chapter 15-
Chapter 16-
Chapter 17-
Chapter 18-
Chapter 19-
Chapter 20-
Chapter 21-
Chapter 22-
Chapter 23-
Chapter 24-
Chapter 25-
Chapter 26-
Chapter 27-
Chapter 28-
Chapter 29-
Chapter 30-
Chapter 31-
Chapter 32-
Chapter 33-
Chapter 34-
Chapter 35-
Chapter 36-
Chapter 37-
Chapter 38-
Chapter 39-
Chapter 40-
Chapter 41-
Chapter 42-
Chapter 43-
Chapter 44-
Chapter 45-
Chapter 46-
Chapter 48-
Chapter 49-
Chapter 50-
Reasons to Live...Epilogue?!
Bonus 1: Calvin's Reason To Live
Bonus 2: Two Years Later...

Chapter 47-

3.7K 155 66
By HisBeautifulMess

Chapter 47-

It had been a whole week of torture. More specifically, seven days of just downright ignoring Calvin and pretending he wasn't there. I was actually pretty amazed on how well I was able to avoid him for a whole week. Although I made sure that I looked calm, composed and collected on the outside, I was going crazy and completely frazzled on the inside to not be able to talk to him.

But I had too.

It was for his safety. I had to make sure Erik doesn't know we were dating...or were madly in love with each other at one point or else Erik would hurt him...or do something where he would be seriously injured like Becca.

Because of me.

Just the thought of Erik made me feel sick and my stomach tightening over it. 

Who would had known that Erik was business partners with my rapists, Jerry and Marcos, in regard to illegal shit?

Who would had known that when I put my rapists to jail, he'll be the one that wants to make me pay?

I mean...these kinds of things only happened in books right?

It happened in movies, drama, TV shows, and so forth but the coincidence of this happening in real life was just too bizarre.

Sighing heavily, I placed my unneeded books into the locker, lost in my own mind.

With just one more weeks left, why even bother with studying? I remember it was called along the lines of senioritis but I never knew it was real until recently. Or maybe it was because I had been sleep deprived lately but I can't tell anymore what was going on within my head.

Upon slamming my locker door shut, I yelped and jumped in surprise when I realized Calvin was hidden behind the locker door when it was open. My heart raced as I haven't seen him this close for almost a week. 

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

I gulped nervously at his bold question, not knowing what to say. I glanced at him and quickly looked back onto my shoes.

"Excuse me?" I asked lamely despite me knowing what he was talking about. My heart skipped a few beats as I stared him down, trying not to show him that I was freaking out in the inside.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" Calvin asked again, a bit louder now with an unreadable expression.

"I'm not r-really sure what you're talking about," I weakly replied, cursing myself out for stuttering a bit before.

Calvin looked unconvinced at my comment but surveyed the hallway before looking back at me when he realized everyone was still in class.

"Right. So when I called you this whole week, it just so happened that you always end up missing my calls? That when I was trying to walk up to talk to you, you'll practically sprint the other direction like I'm the plague? That really does make sense, Mon ange."

I tried not to cry at the use of my nickname he gave me. Unconsciously, I gripped onto the necklace around my neck to keep myself calm.

I quickly turned the opposite direction as I inhaled deeply with my bag over my shoulder.

"It's just... I've been busy since the school year is almost over and-"

Calvin easily caught up to my pace as he cut off my sentence.

"You're lying. I can tell."

"Look...I just," I took a pause, not really sure what to say in that moment as I looked at him. His eyes softened when we made eye contact, the first time in a week that I faced him. He was as beautiful and handsome as when I first remembered.

I broke eye contact, glancing onto the floor.

What can I say to him?

Oh hey, I was able to put the two rapists that raped me over the summer to jail but turns out that, coincidentally, they were business problem in some illegal shit with Erik? And Erik is suspicious of our relationship and about us dating and that I am your weakness? He'll attack you if we continue and I don't want you to be hurt because of me? I'm still somewhat suicidal and that I love you enough that I am willing to sacrifice my life so you can live your own life since I have nothing to really live for anyways?

My eyes bulged a bit when I realized what I just said in my mind.

I love him.

I love Calvin Young.

And I still couldn't make myself say it.

"Just what, Reina?" Calvin asked as he tilted his head to look at me.

I was about to lose it. 

I was about to lose it and spill everything to him if I didn't think of something fast as an excuse.

Anything.

Lie.

Lie.

"I can't do this anymore," I said, my voice no louder than a small whisper.

I felt my throat feeling tight and rough and my eyes prickling but I refused to give in to it.

No.

I had to do this.

Erik is not going to harm him or anyone else I love.

No.

My heart beated loudly, almost in a ringing annoying way in my ears. I felt like my head was spinning. I tried to quickly run away from him but I knew he was faster than me. He then gained up to me in no effort and grabbed for my wrist.

"Reina...what is-"

"I think we should break up," I finally said, cutting him off.

Calvin looked at me and my heart almost broke in the exact moment. I wanted to just hug him and tell him I didn't mean too and that I really love him but I know I couldn't.

I was doing it for him.

His grip on me didn't loosen even for a bit as I struggled against him.

"Let go," I demanded as I fought against his grip.

"What on Earth is going on with you, Reina? Did I do something wrong? I can't ever decipher what's going on in you-just tell me, damn it. You can't just break up thinking it's okay and leave me in the dark!"

I took a deep breath to try to calm myself as I shook my head.

Hurt him.

Lie to him.

"You know, that's exactly what Paul said. It's funny that you thought we had something more. You were a rebound."

I refused to look at him, not wanting to see his broken expression.

His grip slightly loosened.

Lie.

Lie.

Lie.

"I only decided to cling onto you because you understood my problem. I mean come on, you were trying to kill yourself. I just thought you can help me heal because you're fucked up as well. But how would that work out in the long run through? It'd be a really messed up relationship that wouldn't survive and we'll both be misery at the very end," I said before trying to walk away but he wouldn't let me go.

"I don't fucking care if I'm a rebound. What I have with you and the look on your face when you see me proves what you said wasn't true. Who's making you do this? Tell me, damn it! Let me fucking fix-"

"No one did," I practically shouted, sobbing.

"But I love you," he said with such honesty and ease that it broke me even more.

"The feelings aren't mutuals," I mumbled.

Before he could say anything and get me to break, I broke out of his grip quickly. 

Thanking God no one was in the halls, I quickly turned and sprinted out the school quickly. I kept running and running, never once looking back until I knew there was no one behind me anymore. After a while, I realized I ran far enough where there a park where no one was there. I dropped my body to the floor, huffing, wheezing and silently crying. I must had looked like I was crazy but I didn't care as I clutched the angel wing necklace he got me.

That was the only thing I had of him.

I was terrified.

I knew any day, he was going to find me.

And I didn't know what to do.

After a while, I staggered back to my house, feeling warned out and tired.

Like I just ran a 10 mile race or something.

I knew that it was stupid to go home but I knew I should. I'll pack everything and make sure to tell London that I'll be gone for a bit. I'll give her my bank account savings so she would have enough to raise herself.

The cold breeze of the end of May made me felt like I was in Antarctica since I ran out without even my jacket but I didn't care. After dragging myself all the way home, I turned the knob and realized London must had gotten home and must had forgotten to lock the door. The thought made me frown at how careless London could be sometimes.

I tossed the school bag onto the floor, feeling drained beyond words, making a mental note to scold London later as I got to my room, realizing London was on the phone in her room, probably with her friends or something.

Finally, I looked up when I got inside my room and I realized standing before me...

Was Erik.

His smirk made my blood run cold.

"Erik," I whispered as I can feel my blood running cold and draining from my face. Instantly I felt like I wanted to throw up and dizzy all at once.

"Oh, do you do remember how I look like," he said, his tone soft as he smiled at me.

I gulped nervously.

He chuckled, "Quite a performance we got there. Real cute. Did you guys fuck? How did it feel when you had complete control of him and was able to ruin him? Felt nice doesn't it? To break him like that."

I wanted to yell, scream, quickly get help but he slowly rose a finger and then placed it onto his lips with a wink.

"You don't want something to happen to your little sister do you? I'm sure I can put her in a wheelchair like Becca," he said slyly.

I took a step back, trying to find space between us when I bumped into someone behind me. I turned and my eyes widened even more at the guy covered in tattoos standing behind me with a smirk. He quickly grabbed onto my arms and dragged me out with me trying to thrash but it was no use. He then grabbed something from his pocket and shoved the article of clothing onto my mouth to silence me.

Tears started to come. I didn't know what to do at that moment. Something like this that happened over the summer...something that I dreaded and had nightmares every night....couldn't be happening again.

Erik chuckled as he casually walked behind me.

"I can't wait to let you have another round with what they did to you. But this time, it'll be much worse."

I did everything in my powers to try to get the man off of me so I can quickly get help but to no success. Erik opened the door and I realized they were taking me to a black car. I knew that once I was inside the car, it was over.

No matter how hard I fought, I was losing fast. All feelings in my body seemed to slow and my eyelids dripped heavily.

The last thing I remember was being tossed like a ragdoll into the car and the car slamming.

____________________________________________________

Donations can be made here: paypal.me/HisBeautifulMess

Reasons to Live: 47. "Always remember: You are braver than you believe. You are stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 1.2K 42
"𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸..." 𝗜 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲. 𝗜 𝘀𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗸𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 �...
2.1K 178 28
Calvin has two parents, an older sister, and a dog named Sparky. He isn't rich but isn't poor. He is the average teenager. For his classmates, he's a...
811K 14.2K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...