Prince of Knights (An Arabic...

By TheQueenofDarkness

Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Historical Fiction. Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Spiritua... More

MUST read if you want to read further :)
Prince of Knights (A Muslim's Love Story)
Prince of Knights Chp1
Prince of Knights Chp2
Prince of Knights Chp3
Prince of Knights Chp4
Prince of Knights Chp5
Here to answer Questions.
Prince of Knights Chp6
Prince of Knights Chp7
Prince of Knights Chp8
20 facts about the Queen.
Prince of Knights Chp9
Prince of Knights Chp10
Prince of Knights Chp11
Prince of Knights Chp12
Prince of Knights Chp13
Prince of Knights Chp14
Prince of Knights Chp15
Prince of Knights Chp16
Prince of Knights Chp17
Prince of Knights Chp18
Prince of Knights Chp19
Prince of Knights Chp20
Prince of Knights Chp21
Prince of Knights Chp22
Prince of Knights Chp23
Prince of Knights Chp24
Prince of Knights Chp25
Prince of Knights Chp26
Prince of Knights Chp27
Final decision
Prince of Kights Chp28
Prince of Knights Chp29
Prince of Knights Chp30
Prince of Knights Chp31
Prince of Knights Chp32
Prince of Knights Chp33
Prince of Knights Chp34
Book Cover!
Prince of Knights Chp35
Prince of Knights Chp36
Prince of Knights Chp37
Prince of Knights Chp38
Prince of Knights Chp40
Prince of Knights Chp41
Prince of Knights Chp42
Eagle of Knights
Prince of Knights Chp43
Prince of Knights Chp44
Prince of Knights Chp45
Prince of Knights Chp46
Nominated for Best Spiritual book
Prince of Knight Chp47
Prince of Knights Chp48
Prince of Knights Chp49
Prince of Knights Chp50
Prince of Knights Chp51
Prince of Knights Chp52
Prince of Knights Chp53
Here to help Muslim Authors
Prince of Knights Chp54
Prince of Knights Chp55
Prince of Knights Chp56
Prince of Knights Chp57
Prince of Knights Chp58

Prince of Knights Chp39

36.1K 2.5K 987
By TheQueenofDarkness

Is it me of this picture is just amazing?

_______________________________________

~*When I love, the water gushes from my fingers, grass grows on my tongue. When I love, I become time outside all time."~*Nizar Qabbani

Morning breeze rattled against the wooden windows endeavoring to unwrap its frosty blanket inside the house. The Borkan siblings sat in their main room savoring their brunch with a guest who had appeared by the door as soon as the sun had mounted, Adhari. Faris along with his brothers Nasser and Fahad sat around the sufra. The Borkan brothers now and then fed their youngest sibling Jaazee who sat close to Faris. It was clear in her glowing eyes that she longed to see her brother and from the way she would place her small head on his muscular arm indicated that there was consternation in that pure heart as well.

Batool along with Adhari sat a bit far away from the men and chattered in hushed voices, but their laughter and giggles were heard which made Jaazee lift her head smile then lean on Faris's arm again. Faris peered down at his sister and grinned, he could not find the heart to tell his beloved one that the arm she rested on was prey to a sword. Every time she laid her head there a wince materialized on his face a wince that did not whiz past both Nasser and Fahad.

Suddenly a deep scowl made its way to Nasser's face and Faris frowned wondering what had caused his brother to act in such a manner. The knight moved his head to his right an inch or so and from the corner of his eye, he saw his spouse and Shouq amble into the main room. When they came to an abrupt halt by the door Faris knew the woman had witnessed Nasser's malevolent mood and pursed his lips.

"Just when I pondered we would have a tranquil meal." The giant of a man snarled.

Faris lifted his gaze to Nasser who glared at the Rashideen. He remained silent solely because Jaazee was beside him. "Nasser, do not utter another word, brother." Fahad implored eyes darting between Nasser and Faris.

"Why mustn't I? Look at what the Rashideen tribe has committed." Nasser rose to his feet and Faris placed his colossal hand on Jaazee's much smaller one and sat straight. The elder sibling knew that Nasser was vexed. This woman and her tribe had caused exceptional calamity and his brother, his idol was on the verge of destruction and he, Nasser was not present there to shield Faris.

"Nasser, what is the matter, brother? Why do you speak that way?" Shouq questioned perturbed. She stood by Raghad who merely peered at the man, unwavering.

Nasser shook his large head and his long hair brushed against his wide shoulders in the process. Slowly he made his way towards the Rashideen and came to a standstill before her. Raghad had to incline her head back to look him straight in the eye. The man, by Allah, appeared like a beast in front of the woman who barely reached his sizeable chest. However, she looked at him with frozen eyes, eyes that promised a fortitude Raghad did not possess.

"You must question your sister-in-law, ya Shouq." He hissed not moving his eyes from Raghad who had to swallow.

"Ya Nasser, men of this tribe do not dwell on matters that concern the woman. Indeed, a lot has occurred, but Raghad is blameless. She does not have a hand in any of the mishaps." Fahad protested.

"You articulate in such a manner mainly because you are unaware of certain affairs, Fahad." Nasser verbalized.

"Whatever the reason is, you must not confront Raghad for something she has not committed." Shouq stepped closer to Raghad and glared at Adhari who had an impish grin on her lips.

Faris moved his head just the way he had done before. His chin reached his right shoulder and beard brushed against his kandoora. "Nasser." There that serene, placid voice touched every corner of the room like a spell. His deep, rumbling voice, that firm note in it forewarned not only the humans but also the wind to stay at bay. It only took knight of knights to pronounce one single word for the gigantic man to step back, exhale and march out of the room.

"I would very much cherish it if we could have some privacy Adhari." Shouq enunciated. The prepossessing woman glanced at Faris who disregarded her presence as he was preoccupied with his precious Jaazee. Adhari opened her mouth then shut it with a smile towards Batool she stood up and departed.

"Come. You must eat." Shouq tenderly grabbed Raghad's hand and led her to the Sufra. Fahad beamed and scooted away to make a place for his sisters. "I apologize for Nasser's behavior. He does not wish even for the wind to disturb his brother and so much has happened. So, we pray you comprehend his actions."

"No, it is okay. I understand why he acted that way." Raghad answered eyes on Faris who did not look up. When the mountain of a man had stood before her, Raghad did not know what to do or what to say. Nasser terrorized her. The moons she had resided in this house that man had never conversed with her and today when he had glared into her eyes Raghad knew she needed aid.

They sat there in silence and noshed their meal. Raghad frowned every time Jaazee rested her head on Faris's arm and wondered why on earth did the man not frown or wince? She was well aware that his injury throbbed, not being able to resist it anymore she looked at Jaazee and smiled. "Jaazee, come see what my brother, Badr has gifted me." She held out her delicate wrist to show the little girl her gold cuffs. Instantly, Jaazee leaped to her feet, rounded around the sufra to sit next to Raghad.

Her gaze, however, lingered on Faris who sighed and then finally lifted his eyes to look at her. An oath was vocalized, no, not among the foes but rather the wind and the thumping of their hearts. An oath that fastened its knot around their hearts and shimmered in their eyes. Faris bit the corner of his lips to stop the smile that deceived his taut face. He rose to his feet eyes on her. His lips were sealed but incalculable words were shared among them. His gaze traveled to her new gold cuffs_ her injured palm_ then back to her brown eyes now imperceptibly wide. With another fleeting grin, he muttered his farewell and ambled away.

**

Raghad continued to stitch her new shawl willing to flee the boredom that followed her. Three nights since they returned from her beloved tribe, three nights without her having the knowledge of Khalid or what Badr and her unwanted spouse concealed from her. She sat, cross-legged in the family room near the open wooden window. The bride looked up from the scarf when Shouq sauntered in the family room with Jaazee, who held her elder sister's shawl from behind.

"Salaam Alaikum, Raghad." Shouq came to a standstill in front of the bride.

"Wa Alaikum as Salam, ya Shouq. What is the matter?" Raghad placed the scarf down to peer at her.

"I have a favor to offer you. Jaazee and I will be delighted if you join us." Shouq rested her hand on Jaazee's head, who in return grinned.

"Where, may I ask?"

"Every wintertime there is a grand festival in our tribe. The craftsmen create goods all year to either sell them or exchange them for other goods. Our ally tribes unite with us in this shouk as well. You must see it or purchase some of the breath-taking shawls the women trade."

A grin materialized on Raghad's lips. Oh, how she cherished fairs. She knew she would be joyous to accompany Shouq. "I am truly honored, and I will most certainly join you and Jaazee. Just a moment," she rose to her feet gracefully. "I shall grab a few coins then In sha Allah we will depart."

Soon the trio strolled out of the house towards the Bazaar once the bride veiled her face with only those big-brown-eyes visible. Raghad watched compelled at the crowd assembled on the east side of the tribe. The fair was set on a vast plain land next to training ground so that the knights there could guard the fair. The sky was clear, like the ocean on a tranquil morning. There were no signs of clouds that conveyed the message of mercy. However, it was cold, the wind that blew around in circles bit on their skins.

All around them were sounds of laughter, bartering as buyers exchanged their goods or bought from the merchants. Children played around or chased after knights who patrolled with their horses. Women dressed in long gowns, their faces either veiled or bare followed their husbands, or sons to purchase in their heart's content. Raghad sidestepped when a cart filled with heavy equipment pulled by a horse passed her to one of the open huts. She passed the many open huts, they were small with a thatched roof on top to provide shelter for the traders. Raghad's eyes descended upon a merchant who weaved baskets from palm fronds. She did not halt but proceeded forward to the next open hut, a man and his wife sat in there surrounded by ravishing clay pots and mud glasses.

What caught her attention, however, was the merchant across the shop she stood in front of. "Shouq, shall we go there?" She pointed at the shop.

"Oh, I was wondering when you would ask." Shouq nodded enthusiastically and grabbed Jaazee's hand.

They reached the hut from which awe-inspiring scarfs hung and swayed like corn stalks whenever a gale danced around them. The radiant colors fascinated her eyes like a moth to flames. Raghad traced her fingers on the chestnut velvet scarf, ready to give the merchant a coin.

"That is a heavenly shawl, ya Raghad." Shouq beamed at her.

"Indeed, it is." She agreed as her hand reached for the leather pouch, but a commotion behind them seized her attention.

The women rotated around in time to see Faris along with few other tribesmen stand a few good feet away from them. They stood next to a man who owned two alluring falcons to sell. She frowned as she perceived her spouse run his lean fingers on the beak of the falcon and at the touch, the falcon spread its wings. She watched as Faris pointed two of his fingers on the falcon and conversed to the seller.

Suddenly she recalled the night they had arrived in this tribe. Her bones quivered, and blood commenced to pulsate rapidly in her veins. "Let us leave." Raghad turned away to face Shouq then marched the other way toward the women and her son who had vegetables decorated on top of a palm mat.

"Why did you not purchase the shawl?" Shouq's confused voice reached her.

"The color did not do justice." Raghad attempted to dismiss.

"Then we must purchase another shawl." It was little Jaazee who spoke this time.

She bit her lip then bend low to come face-to-face with Jaazee. "Shall we purchase wooden toys for you?"

A gleam sparkled in Jaazee's eyes. "Oh, I would very much like that!" She clapped her hands in anticipation.

Another roar sounded from the crowd and Raghad stood to her full height. An enchanting caravan of camel and horses made its way towards the crowd. "Masha 'Allah they have arrived already." Shouq squeaked in exhilaration.

"Who has?"

"That caravan belongs to the Qahtan tribe, our mother's tribe. We heard that sisters of my mother will join us today." Shouq answered.

"We must return now. I am certain they will visit Umm Faris soon" Raghad stated, despondent.

"No ya Raghad, we just arrived."

The bride shook her head. "You must be present there for your mother ya Shouq, she requires your aid. We must leave."

"Very well, I must depart now, however, buy Jaazee what we promised her." Shouq grinned down at her sister, then rotated around and strode away.

Raghad held Jaazee's hand who observed her curiously. The bride smiled down then glanced towards the falcon vendor only to hiss as if ignited by an inferno. There Faris stood, imposingly glorious and nonchalant with those inky eyes on Raghad. How long had he been observing them?

Jaazee followed her gaze then bounced on her feet. "Faris! Raghad that is Faris."

Raghad could not avert her gaze from him, the intense look in his rich eyes turned her terrified one into a glare. "Yes, Jaazee, that is your brother," She spoke through clenched teeth.

"Let us meet him." Jaazee looked up at Raghad then at Faris who stared at his spouse.

Raghad did not respond for that moment Faris hoisted a brow at her and frowned his other brow. She averted her gaze promptly no longer keen to glare at the monster. "We must buy you a toy and return. Shouq needs my assistance."

Jaazee bobbed her head fiercely in agreement and followed Raghad to the man who crafted wooden toys. Once they bought a wooden bird for little Jaazee they made their way out of the crowd. The sun had just touched the summit of the mountains and Raghad knew she needed to return back. Just as they were about to turn towards Sheikh Faisal's house a form appeared from their left and Jaazee hastened to encase her tiny arms around their leg. "Fahad!" Raghad grinned at her brother-in-law, however, soon that smile dissolved from her lips when a man she had refused to converse with ever since they returned from her tribe sauntered up to them.

"Masha' Allah Jaazee. What is that in your hands?" Faris crouched down to examine his sister's toy, the one Raghad had just purchased.

"A birdie." She exclaimed eyes glistening as Faris took the clay toy in his large hands and surveyed it.

Raghad looked up only to see Fahad peer at her in absolute intrusiveness. She gave him a smile that did not reach her eyes. Knight of Knights rose to his feet and handed the toy back to Jaazee. "I am certain you yearn to buy the same for your cousins, am I wrong Jaazee?"

The little one clamped her hands around her toy and squealed. "Yes. Maryam and Fatima and Noora would love to have the same birdie."

Faris looked over his shoulder at Fahad. "Yalla ya batal (hero). Go help her purchase the toys."

Fahad smirked then grabbed Jaazee's hand to lead her towards the open hut muttering away. Raghad watched them until they disappeared from her sight, then with an exhale she turned around to face her spouse. "Why are you unaccompanied, woman? Where is Shouq?"

"She was required to aid her mother," Raghad stated not meeting his ardent gaze. From her peripheral vision, she saw him gave a nod then take a step toward her. Danger, supremacy, and power oozed from his enormous form in ripples. It was then for the very first time since Raghad was named his spouse that threating peril, his gloomy eyes did not frighten her instead they caressed her heart that naïve, naïve heart! An unseen force swaddled her in its cloak, a cloak that existed only for them. With a scowl, she looked down and chided herself. What on earth is the matter with her? This man despised her siblings, her father and would have another wife before she could even blink.

"Do you like it?" His voice now sounded close as if the brute stood in front of her.

Raghad cleared her throat then lifted her chin only to gasp silently. The vehement look in his orbs consumed her and gooseflesh dotted the nape of her cold neck. "Like what, Prince?"

"This fair." He moved his hand around indicating the chatter around them.

"Every two years father invited the neighboring tribes to generate a fair such as this one." Her eyes moved around with a twinkle in them. Raghad would never acknowledge the fact that the festival in the Borkan tribe was far exuberant than the one in her tribe.

"And we were never among the neighboring tribes," Faris smirked down at her.

She sighed. "You cannot condemn us for that act."

"Indeed, for we committed the same."

Faris stood there towering over his woman. Could he do it? Could he disregard every wrongdoing, every drop of blood that was spilled and accept this woman in front of him? He was opposing his father's orders, his tribe, his leaders just to terminate the feud among their tribes for eternity. The groom peered into her eyes, her doe-like eyes that narrowed innocently when he did not blink. She belonged to him, yes, but could he reach for her hand and usher her to stand alongside him?

There was a time he had known for sure that Adhari was the woman who would be his spouse, but here Raghad stood, obliterating all previous fates. He loathed her brother chiefly because Badr was the only knight who had the audacity to fight Faris and mayhaps slaughter him. Faris knew the man was shrewd, so clever that without pronouncing a word Badr comprehended his discreetly paved ploy so it was only wise he took Badr's aid in this mission.

His eyes took note of her veil that swayed in the wind, the side of her eyes dark with Kuhl making them appear even larger. Her face was veiled yet he could sketch her creamy skin and those rosy lips that drew in a thin line whenever she was furious. Faris shook his head, recalling when she, this ingenious woman had dared to speak to him, ventured to challenge him in a manner no one had ever done before. The newly arrived clouds above trembled when Faris took a step closer to Raghad. They twirled in excitement as a look danced in his cryptic eyes. The glorious sun propelled a few members of the clouds apart, craning its neck to catch a glimpse of the savage brute who, at last, was becoming human.

"What would you do if the tribes welcomed each other to their fairs." He knew his inquiry had caught his woman off guard as she creased her eyebrows.

"I do not believe that such an occurrence can happen."

"Why bint-al-halal?" He demanded already aware of the answer, however, Faris wanted to witness that fire in her eyes and relish in it. He had decided to unbolt a door for this woman. Faris Mubarak al Borkan knew he could not flee from his fate any longer. She was his woman and he knew it. Although he knew he would take his time, he would wait until she walked up to him with those elegant and graceful steps.

Raghad looked away unable to answer. There was a moment of silence between them but soon Faris pivoted around and took a few steps ahead. Raghad looked up and scowled at the man who abandoned her in this fair with innumerable unfamiliar people, all alone. Just as she was about to sigh, the knight halted and chanced a look over his shoulder. "Do you prefer I send a messenger to convey my message woman?" When she did not follow him. "Come, let me show you something."

No words to utter she clamped her teeth on her bottom lip and followed her spouse with quietude. Ya Allah, who would have envisioned that such a day shall arise, a day where he, the barbarian she feared and detested allowed her to accompany him. Raghad glanced at him as Faris walked two steps ahead of her. She could not find the fortitude to walk beside him, not when his men, his knights, his loyal tribesmen came up to him now and then to shake his hand and shower their greetings. Her eyes took note of the robe that tangled and untangled from his legs as he moved in strong strides. The lean, tall man in front of her subconsciously grasped threads of nature around him and forced the wind, the sun and even the invisible moon to peer at him in sheer pleasure.

Raghad recalled the words her father, Sheikh Faisal had told her when she said her farewells. He advised her to broaden her patience, to open a door no one believed to exist. Faisal had questioned his daughter if the man, Faris, had maltreated her if he had done something which tormented her. Without thinking it twice she had shaken her head since it was true. Ever since then the bride kept trying to find a flaw in the man but found none. However, she glared at his back when Raghad remembered how he had tortured her in the tent then moved her gaze away from the man thoroughly perplexed.

Raghad looked to her left then right and frowned as they left the fair behind. Why on earth was he taking her towards the end of the tribe? "Where are you taking me, Borkan?"

"Do not tell me you fear for your life, bin-ash-Sheikh?" An entertained voice followed right after a slow chuckle sounded.

"I do not possess the time for your ploys. I must return." Raghad stumbled over one of the rocks but promptly straightened herself.

"Then do so. I do not see reins attached to your wrists," Faris spoke without sparing her a glance.

Raghad groaned in exasperation since they both were well aware of the fact that she did not know the trail that led to Sheikh Mubarak's house. "What if Shouq needs my assistance?"

Faris shook his head and remained silent disregarding her. Something in the corner of her brain whispered something but Raghad hushed it. He could possibly not do that. However, each step that they took further away from the fair and houses her heart commenced to thud faster within her bust. His steps slowed down as they reached the chambers Sheikh Mubarak had designated for his guests. Faris entwined his fingers behind his back and waited until their steps fell together. Her narrowed eyes took in the guard who stood in front of a wooden door by the end of the chambers and here her heart clawed inside her bust ready to decamp.

No, he cannot!

____________________________________________

The best part about updating is reading the comments that you guys leave. I enjoy them so much. Thank you so much! Sorry for the mistakes.

Queens_realm << my Instagram

AmaniThe Author <<< Facebook

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.2K 2.7K 21
Samira Ibrahim Ghulam was a slightly chubby girl who was very intelligent, gentle with those around her and full of qualities that inspired her to be...
182K 11.6K 34
REACHED #26 IN SPIRITUAL ON August 1/2018 ---- Laila gets a wedding proposal from someone who wants to stay anonymous till the day of their wedding. ...
166K 14.9K 34
Highest Ranking: #1 in Muslim! 9/21 #1 in Islamic! 9/20 #1 in MuslimLoveStory ~ #1 in HalalLove ~ What would you sacrifice for the perfect life? We...
1M 40.7K 44
THIS STORY IS COMPLETED And EDITED. It is every girls dream to have a prince in their life who will treat them like a princess.Nadia is the same. She...