Playing With Seduction

Av RainbowColoredMind

She will do everything to save her parents' marriage, even if it means seducing her mother's lover. Mer

Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Chapter One

329K 6K 1.4K
Av RainbowColoredMind

We decided to stay at the hacienda for another week since it was the kids' summer vacation. Mom had been in low spirit since Lolo's burial yesterday. Alalang-alala si Dad kay Mom. The whole house was mourning for Lolo Jaime's death, even his help and his workers. Ramdam sa buong hacienda ang lungkot. We could feel how much he was loved by his people and how big of a loss he was to everyone.

Everybody was still in a state of shock, nobody was expected this. Hindi man lang nanghina o nagkasakit si Lolo. He just slept and never woke up again. Hindi namin akalain na ito na pala ang huling summer vacation namin na kasama siya. But we were consoled by the fact that we were complete when he passed away, we were all here to spend time with him before he died. Nandito sina Uncle Tristan at Aunt Andi, si Kuya Yvo, si Ate Monique. Pati si Ate Anais at si Kuya Coco ay sumama sa amin para magbakasyon kasama ang mga anak nila. I was sure he slept with a smile on his face that night. 

"Is Lolo not coming back?" Asked Cookie as we ate together on the dining table.

"He's gone to heaven." Kuya Coco explained.

"Can we visit him to heaven?" Tanong ni Pixie.

"No, we can't go to heaven." Ate answered in a somber tone.

"Has anyone seen Val?" Dad asked as he walked into the dining room. 

"The last time I saw her was when we were having breakfast." Sagot ni Uncle Tristan.

"Dad, baka naman nag-iikot lang sa hacienda. Baka gusto niya lang maglibang." Ate told him.

"Well, she should've told me para nasamahan ko naman siya." Dad's brows crumpled.

"Maybe she just wants to be alone." Aunt Andi said.

"Dad, hindi naman mawawala si Mom dito. Kabisado niya ang bawat sulok ng hacienda. Will you just relax?" I said.

"You know how she's been these past few days. I just want to always be there for her." Dad let out a stressed out huff. 

"She might just need some space... you know, some time alone." I shrugged.

"Dude, parang hindi mo naman kilala yang asawa mo. She's one tough cookie-"

"No, Kuya is Cookie." Pixie cutely said, her brows furrowing.

It was like comic relief from the sadness the lingered in the air. Everyone laughed at what our little princess said. Dad walked behind Pixie's chair and he gave her a kiss on the cheek. "You're one smart girl, aren't you?"

"Have you tried contacting her?" Asked Uncle Tristan afte

"She left her phone in our room."

"She's probably just out there, somewhere. She's mourning and maybe she just wants to do it in private. It's all been hard on us but Val's having it the worst. Alam naman natin kung gaano siya kalapit kay Dad. I'm sure she'll be back later." Uncle Tristan told him. 

Even though everybody was trying to go about their day, the melancholic atmosphere in the air was still there. We hardly spoke as we sat on the dining table. Even the helps, who were usually always chatting about something, were quiet. Just five days ago, this table was full of stories, laughters, petty fights, and Lolo's corny jokes. But now, it was quiet. If a pin was dropped in this room, it would startle everyone.

"I miss Lolo." Ate Monique's lips tugged downwards at the effort not to cry.

"I miss him, too." I could feel the lump forming in my throat as memories of him began to flash through my mind.

"Everyone misses Dad. But I'm sure he's already happy with your Lola Becca. I'm sure he wouldn't want to see us sad." Uncle Tristan sighed deeply as if trying to get the heaviness off his chest.

"MOMMY!" Toffie ran up to Mom when he saw her getting out of a red unfamiliar pickup truck. Dad had been sitting on the front porch of the house since this afternoon, waiting for her. Toffie and I were going to call Dad in when the car pulled up in front of us and the door to the passenger's side opened.

Mommy opened her arms to greet him with a hug and then she bent her head down to give him a kiss on the top of his head. "Bakit pawis na pawis ka?"

"We were playing tag inside." Sagot ni Toffie.

"Hi, Mom!" I greeted her with a smile as I gave her a one arm hug . "Kanina ka pa hinihintay ni Dad. He was so worried about you."

"Where have you been?" Dad slowly walked up to her.

"I'm sorry, hon. I just went to see Dad." Her eyes lowered when she mentioned Lolo, her voice were softer and sad.

"Bakit hindi mo sinabi sa akin para nasamahan kita?" Dad gently asked.

"I guess I just wanted to be alone for awhile." Mom shrugged.

"I was worried about you. Don't you ever do that again." Dad wrapped his arms around the small of her waist and kissed her on the forehead. 

"There's nothing to worry about." She cupped his jaw in one hand and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

The door to the driver's side of the car suddenly opened and a man came out of it. I instantly recognized his as I'd seen him yesterday. Our eyes met and he flashed a smile my way. There was no denying that Vito was a handsome guy and I was sure, by the way he carried himself, that he was well aware of that.

"Good afternoon." He said in a smooth tone, his eyes still on me.

"Oh, si Vito nga pala, hon. We met him yesterday, remember?" Mom said and turned her head to the younger man. "Dad's car broke down in the middle of the road while I was on the way to the cemetery. Buti na lang napadaan siya, he accompanied me to the cemetery and offered to take me home."

"I see..." Dad nodded his head, unsmiling as he looked at Vito from head to toe. "Thank you for keeping my wife company."

He averted his eyes from me to my Dad. "It was a pleasure, Mr. Lavigne." And then to Mom. "I enjoyed spending time with you, Senyorita."

"I did, too." Mom smiled at him. "Again, thank you so much, Vito."

He gave her a nod before turning his head to me and giving me a nod, too. Our eyes locked again and he flashed another smile my way. There was something about his smile that made me blush and my heart race. It was a weird feeling and I didn't like it.

"Hey young man, we're having a barbecue in the backyard. Do you want to stay for a bit and join us for dinner?" Dad asked.

Muling humarap si Vito kay Dad. "I would love to."

Mom and Dad invited him inside and we all went to the backyard. Uncle Tristan, Kuya Coco, and Kuya Yvo were already starting to grill the food we were going to have for dinner. I headed over to Aunt Andi, Ate, and Ate Monique who were busy setting up the outdoor table.

"Looks like we have a visitor today." Aunt Andi said as she looked at Vito who were busy talking with the guys. 

I scowled. I didn't know why my Dad invited him to have dinner with us when it was obvious that he didn't like him. I knew my Dad long enough para makabisado ko ang bawat galaw niya. He wasn't happy with some other guy taking Mom home. He was never happy sa mga umaaligid na lalaki kay Mom kasi alam niya na habulin talaga si Mom lalo na sa mga bagets.

"Ba't nakasimangot ka na naman d'yan?" Ate noticed.

"Nothing. I just don't like him..." I shrugged.

"Vito?"Ate asked.

"Mhmm." I answered.

"Ikaw talaga. Wala naman gingawa sa'yo yung tao. Alam mo magka-ugali nga talaga kayo ni Dad. Pag ayaw mo sa isang tao, ayaw mo. You don't even look for a valid reason." She shook her head as she was placing spoons and forks on the table.

"I think he's handsome. I wonder if he's single. He's not a bad catch, don't you think so?" Aunt Andi said, jokingly nudging Ate Monique.

"Nanay..." Ate Monique whined.

"Kailan ka ba kasi magkaka-boyfriend? Huwag kang makinig sa Tatay mo, sa akin ka makinig. Ayaw kong tumanda kang dalaga." Aunt Andi chuckled and looked at me. "You should hang out with Bryce and Ronnie para naman you get to meet other people, too."

"Oo nga, Monique. Tignan mo si Bryce at si Ronnie, party dito, party doon. You shouldn't miss out on that. Ako nga kahit may Cookie na ako noon, Coco still made sure I had time for myself. There were still so many things I wish I could've done before pero maagang dumating sa amin si Cookie. I have no regrets naman dahil masaya ako sa mag-aama ko. I wouldn't have it any other way." Ate sighed contently as he looked at Kuya Coco was carrying Pixie on his hips.

"Nakakamiss din magkaron ng bata sa bahay. Sana si Yvo o si Monique din mabigyan na ako ng apo." Aunt Andi said.

"Nanay naman. We have a lot of pets." Sabi ni Monique.

"Iba pa rin yung kids." Aunt Andi chuckled.

After preparing the table and the boys were through with grilling our food, we all sat on the long outdoor table and Vito of course, joined in. 

"Vito, how did you meet Dad?" Tanong ni Dad habang kumakain kami.

"My father and señor Jaime have been good friends as they were in the same business. My family had been in the plantation business for three generations. Nag-decide ang Dad kong mag-expand hanggang sa nalaman niyang may mga malalaking lupa dito. We opened up a plantation and señor Jaime helped us through. Sadly, pumanaw na din ang ama ko nitong nakaraang taon lang at tinulungan niya akong mamahala ng planta." 

"I'm sorry about your father." Mom said, sympathy in her voice. "It must be tough for you as our father's passing to us." 

"It really is." He nodded his head and then a hint of sorrow flickered through his eyes. "Buti nga kayo kahit paano nandyan kayo para sa isa't-isa. I only had Dad. I was left with nothing but a massive amount of inheritance and businesses I didn't know how to run. Buti na lang at tinulungan ako ni señor na magpalakad ng planta, I would've been lost without his help."

"Wala kang pamilya? Wala kang mga kapatid? Asawa?" Dad cocked a brow.

"Oh, no..." He chuckled, shaking his head. "I don't have any of those. My father had been pushing me to marry when he was still alive but I guess, I haven't found the right one yet."

"Ikaw na lang talaga mag-isa? What about your Mom?" Uncle Tristan asked.

"I haven't met her. Dad wouldn't talk about her when he was still alive." He shrugged. 

Mommy issues. I instantly thought

"How old are you, anyway?" Uncle Tristan asked.

"I am twenty-eight." He answered.

"You're almost the same age as our Anais." Sabi naman ni Dad. "I think finding a woman to marry is something you should worry about at your age . Bata ka pa naman."

"Pero minsan hindi ko din maiwasan na maisip na mag-settle down na. I mean, I'm through with partying  and whatnot, and I have a huge farming business I need to run. At the end of the day, it's still nice to come home to someone." He said and glanced at me.

I suddenly stiffened to my seat and immediately looked away. I didn't know why but I felt like electricity zapped throughout my body when our gaze met. I avoided looking at him the entire dinner and kept my eyes to my plate. 

Eventually, the dinner ended. We helped clean up the table and I took the dirty dishes to the kitchen. Even though we had a lot of helps, Lolo Jaime would always remind us, his grandchildren, to clean up after ourselves. He used to make Mom help out in the house when she was still a teenager and Mom hated household chores so she'd find ways to try to cheat out of it. Pagkakain ay tumatakbo na daw si Mom sa kwarto niya at nagkukulong para makaiwas. I started missing Lolo and his stories again. Kahit wala na si Lolo, nakasanayan na naming mga apo niya na tumulong sa pagligpit.

"Hey..." I heard a familiar voice from behind me that sent chills down my spine.

I automatically turned without thinking, it was like a reflex. I was holding a faucet hose as I was washing dishes in the sink and the water sprayed all over him.

"Shit!" Vito took a step back.

My eyes widened and it took me a second or so before common sense began to kick in. I turned off the sink but he was already wet all over. 

"I- I'm sorry." Napakurap ako.

He took off his wet shirt in front of me and his well-sculpted and defined body glistened with water. "Why did you do that?"

"I... um... I..." For a few moments, I forgot how to human. "Ikaw naman kasi! Bigla ka na lang sumusulpot!"

"Instead of receiving an apology, I get blamed." He laughed with dry humor.

"Bakit naman kasi nandito? Ano bang ginagawa mo dito?" Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay.

"I was going to ask where the toilet is." He said.

"Mukha ba akong tanungan ng toilet? Ikaw ang bigla-biglang sumusulpot d'yan kaya huwag mo kong sisihin."

"Sino ang sisihin ko? Sarili ko? Did you think I came up to you hoping I'd be sprayed on with water?" He sarcastically said. 

"Ano'ng nangyayari dito?" Mom walked in on us and then Vito quickly caught her attention. "What happened to you? Why are you topless and wet?"

"I got sprayed on by water." He said and looked at me.

"Bryce!" Mom instantly knew.

"It was an accident." I defensively said.

"Hold on. I'm just going to get you a towel and something for you to wear." Mom said and hurriedly left.

Muli kaming naiwan ni Vito sa kitchen. He looked at me with a frown at tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. Just who does he think he is? 

"Bakit ba ang taray mo? You're the one at fault here."

"O, sige. You want an apology, fine! I'm sorry."

"Maybe an honest 'I'm sorry' would suffice." He sneered.

"Ano bang apology gusto mo? Gusto mong sumayaw pa ako sa harap mo?" I put my hand on my hips.

"I don't want to argue with you. I accept your half-assed apology. You know, I thought you'd be more like your Mom." He shrugged. "You have her beauty but I guess not her personality."

Lalong tumaas ang kilay ko sa sinabi niya. I was going to open my mouth to say something but Mom walked back into the room before I could do so. 

"Here's the towel. Kinuha din kita ng shirt, this is Axel's but I think it would fit you." Mom said, handing the towel and shirt to him.

"Thanks, senyorita." Vito's tone changed when he spoke to Mom. 

"I'm really sorry, Vito." Mom apologized. 

"It's fine, senyorita. I'm just going to change. Where's the toilet again?" He asked.

Mom pointed him to the bathroom. She looked at me with arms folded to her chest as soon as Vito was out of the room as if waiting for me to explain.

"It was an accident. I already told you." 

"Just be careful next time, okay?" She sighed.

"What do you think of Vito, Mom?" I curiously asked.

"He's a nice young man." Mom simply answered.

"Do you like him?" 

"Of course, I do. He was Dad's friend. What's not to like?" She shrugged.

Vito walked back in from the bathroom with my Dad's shirt on. It fitted him just perfectly as Dad and Vito almost had the same height and built.

"My husband's shirt suits you well. You look good in that." Mom said with a smile as she looked at him. It was a brown long-sleeved tee that highlighted his muscular built. It indeed suited him.

"Thanks, senyorita." He smiled at her, the corner of his eyes crinkling. 

It made me feel queasy. Senyorita was my Dad's endearment for Mom. Pag naglalambing si Dad kay Mom, he would often call her that. It sounded so wrong coming from some other man's mouth other than my Dad's. It almost sounded as if he was flirting with Mom.

"Are you okay now?" Paniniguro ni Mom.

"Yes, perfectly okay." He answered. "It was nice having dinner with you and your family. It's been a long time since I've had a dinner like this. I really had a wonderful time."

"I'm happy to have you here, too. Kung gusto mong bumisita ulit, welcome na welcome ka naman dito. You're my Dad's friend, you are our friend." Sabi ni Mom.

Definitely not mine, though. I had a bad feeling about him. 

"Val?" I heard my Dad's voice.

"I'm here, hon." Mom shouted back at him.

Maya-maya ay pumasok si Dad. His eyes instantly snapped at Vito and I noticed the slight furrowing of his brows when his eyes lowered to his shirt. Dad wrapped his arms around Mom, hugging him from her back without his eyes leaving Vito.

"Hon, pinahiram ko muna yung shirt mo kay Vito. It looks nice on him, don't you think so?" Mom turned her head to Dad.

"Mm..." Dad said in a low, unenthusiastic tone as if trying to voice out a yes up his throat but he just couldn't.

"Nabasa kasi nitong anak mo si Vito." Dagdag ni Mom.

"It was an accident." My face crumpled.

"Ibabalik ko na lang, Mr. Lavigne." He said.

"It's alright. You can have it." He said in a low mutter before bending his head down and kissing Mom on the side of her head. Then he cupped Mom's jaw and made her turn her head to him, giving her a kiss on the lips. Not a peck but a full blooded this-is-my-woman kiss. 

"Hon, there are people here..." Mom chuckled, pulling her head away.

"Thank you for inviting me to dinner. The food's good and your family has been nothing but wonderful." Sabi ni Vito bago lumingon sa akin. "It was nice having to meet and get to know the family of one of the men I admire. I think it's time for me to leave, it's getting late already. "

"Thank you din, Vito. We're happy to have you here. Our Dad's friend is our friend, too." Mom warmly said.

"Thank you, Señorita, Mr. Lavigne, Bryce." He said and gave each one of us a polite nod of goodbye.

"Hahatid  ka na namin sa labas." Mom offered, just as she would to other guests because it's the polite thing to do.

Sumama na din kami sa paghatid kay Vito sa labas kung saan nakaparada ang kotse niya. Dad and I stood there with scowls on our faces as we watched them say goodbye to each other. I didn't like Vito. He obviously didn't like Vito, too. 

My Dad was very territorial. Hindi lang kay Mom pati sa amin magkakapatid. Even to Ate Anais who was already married and have two kids. 

"What do you think of him?" I asked Dad.

"I don't think of him at all." His face twisted in a snarl.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

5.2M 104K 67
PUBLISHED UNDER IMMAC PPH In the world of married couple, Miracle Fortalejo is not one of the lucky wives to experience the joy of it. With all the t...
31.9M 1M 48
(Game Series # 1) For as long as Katherine could remember, Juan Alexandro Yuchengco has always been her dream guy. He's smart, kind, and could be fun...
Alter The Game Av beeyotch

Allmän skönlitteratur

1.4M 49.4K 43
(Game Series # 9) Mauro Eugenio dela Rama's life revolved around school and work. At times, he felt like drowning pero hindi siya pwedeng magreklamo...