LEMONADE|| Keith Powers

By lush_rush

When life gives you lemons you make Lemonade? Josie Wilson, young vibrant 24 year old lost in this world tryi... More

CAST
Prologue
Ch 1: The Mess Up
Chapter 2: Contemplate
Chapter 3: Lovely
Chapter 4: Proposition
Chapter 5: Intense
Chapter 6: Real Life
Chapter 7: Day 3
Chapter 9: Thing called life pt 1
Chapter 10: This thing called life pt 2
Chapter 11: Finesse
Chapter 12: Shots
Chapter 13: Master Plan
Chapter 14: Dysfunction
Chapter 15: Family Feud
Chapter 18: Family Feud (cont'd)
Chapter 19: Family Feud (pt3)
Chapter 20: Don't Hurt Yourself
Chapter 21: Saints and Sinners
Chapter 22: Risky
Chapter 23: Arrangement
Chapter 24: Desperate Measures
Chapter 25: Go Time
Chapter 26: Jealous Type
Chapter 27: Jealous Type pt 2
Chapter 28: Try
Chapter 29: Let me Love YOU
Chapter 30: Hardknock life
Chapter 31: Catch 22
Chapter 32: Insight
Chapter 33: Reminder
Chapter 34: Life or Death
Chapter 35: Where I Stand?
Chapter 36: Blue Lights
Chapter 37: Realization
Chapter 38: Ring
Chapter 39: Perfectly Blind
Chapter 40: I'm Upset
Chapter 41: I DO
Chapter 42: Skeptical
Chapter 43: Fallin
Chapter 44: Fallin (pt.2)
Chapter 45: Unfinished Business
Chapter 46: Property
Chapter 47: I Don't Belong to You
Chapter 48: The Cut Off
Chapter 49: Playboy
Chapter 50: Stubborn
Chapter 51: Dangerous
Chapter 52: Too Fast
Chapter 53: Too Fast (pt. 2)
Chapter 54: Goodbyes
Chapter 55: Choose
Chapter 56: U with me?
Chapter 57: U With Me? pt 2
Chapter 58: U With Me? pt 3
Chapter 59: It's Complicated
Chapter 60: Know Now
Chapter 61: In Due Time
Chapter 62: Perception
Chapter 63: Think about it
Chapter 64: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 65: Trippin
Chapter 66: Wait for You
Chapter 67:King's Dead
Chapter 68: FINALE
Chapter 69: Epilogue
Chapter 70: Finale Update
REMINDER

Chapter 8: Small world

4.9K 196 73
By lush_rush

Dreux

I sat back placing the cash in the safe scan. Lately, we've been short and its been a problem. Either one of these workers been getting over or somebody was stealing, either way, I had to tell Rudy about it. I nodded my head listening to Rick Ross. "Aye Dreux"

I looked up to see Rudy walking in. "What it looking like? He asked sitting beside me. "We're short, 20k to be exact," I said. Shit like this used to bother me but I think all of us were tired. I was tired of counting and cleaning the money. Ricky was tired of running the club and Rudy.. Rudy may be tired of being on his Scarface type shit.

"I guess, I gotta see who fucking did it" he said loading his gun. I stopped him "Hold up Tony Montana" I joked.

"What? He asked looking at me weird. "Look, the feds on our asses right now. We gotta come up with a way to get them off. Ricky and I have been thinking hard as shit to get us out of this. So I need you to cool out" I said.

"So what you want me to do about the 20k? He asked. "Don't worry about that right now" I said. "The hell I am, I ain't tryna here Grant's mouth," he said. I snickered

"I know... look figure that shit out creatively at least for now.. just don't kill no one G," I said dapping him up. My phone lit up and it was a call from my son. I placed him on speaker "Wassup Jr"

"Daddy" he called. "Yeah" I answered. "Can I stay with you tonight? Mommy is being mean to me.. she won't let me do anything" he whined. I looked over at Rudy and he laughed smoking his blunt.

"She is"? I questioned. "Tell mommy if she doesn't behave, I'll give her a whopping," I said.

"Huh? He asked. I laughed "I'll come by in a few Dreux... okay stay put," I said.

"Okay," he said in an excited voice. "I swear Dreux Jr and Mia have a love-hate relationship," he said lifting his brow. I shook my head "I know, he just doesn't understand something's and Mia doesn't have patience with me or Dreux" I explained looking at a picture of the both of them on my screen saver.

"So, when ya'll gon stop fucking around tie the knot? He asked. I looked at him like he was crazy. The nerve of him to ask the status of my relationship. He couldn't even marry my sister "Pshh nigga, when you gon marry my sister? I asked

"When the time is right," he said. "Were on the same level though. She ain't tripping, I'm not tripping" he explained. "I feel you, I ain't never really think about marriage. Mia can't handle my lifestyle so that's that but if she could.. I'd put a ring on it" I admitted placing a rubber band around the stack of money. We had to get the money to the Laundromat before 8 it was now 7:30. "Aye, Justin" I called looking down at him. He was downstairs bagging the drugs. "Yo, you ready? He asked.

"Yeah, hurry up man," I said. "Well, I'm about to make this drop... I'll see you at my niece's party this weekend? I asked.

"Yeah, I'll see you then. Oh.. and what's up with your brother Ricky. He got bad blood between me? He asked. "Nah, why.. wassup? I asked.

"I don't know man, he just always on my ass about something and you know he acts like he better than all of us man" he explained.

"Ask him yourself man... you already know Ricky doesn't want no parts of this shit. He's trying to lure his way out; nobody wants to be in the game forever man. Even me." I said walking away. The shit was getting to all of us but to me the most. I mean who was I really outside of working for my father. My little brother owns businesses and is working on his own, My little sister has a modeling agency. What does Dreux do besides launder the money?

Later on that Night

I knocked on Mia's door to see what my son was whining about. The door quickly opened and she rolled her eyes "Yes"

"Damn, that's not a nice way to greet somebody," I said walking in. "What's this I hear you being mean to my son? I asked. She tightened her robe placing her hand on her face. "You mean our son? She questioned. "I damn near died giving birth to him....I didn't do anything to that boy, he just wants to see you," she said tiredly. "Dreux... your daddy is here" she called. "Yeah .. daddy is home" I joked.

"Daddy" he ran down the steps jumping on me. "Wassup kid," I said picking him up. I kissed his cheek "I missed you" he said.

"I missed you more man" I smiled. "Y'all have fun... I'm gotta go to work in the morning" she crossed her arms going upstairs. My eyes followed her as she tiredly went upstairs. Mia is a nurse at a hospital and has several degrees until this day I don't even know how the two of us magically created a child. I'm charismatic and playful and she's serious with a severe chip on her shoulder. I know her reasons but she never lets up ever.

"Dad, am I going with you? He asked looking up at me. I sighed "Nah, not tonight, I came to tuck you in but I promise this weekend you can," I said. I can tell he was disappointed it just wasn't safe for him to be out and about with me everywhere right now. When I looked at him I just saw an innocent little boy. He has no idea what his father and uncle have done. I just couldn't forgive myself if something happened to him. I picked him up slamming him in the bed. "Be good, stop giving your momma a hard time" I said throwing the covers over him. "Okay," he nodded. "I love you," I said turning off the switch. "Love you too Dad," I said.

"Mia" I called.

"Yeah" she answered from her bedroom. I cracked the door peeking in. "I'm ou-

I saw her looking at her face in the mirror. Her face was now turning red in certain areas and I knew it was her lupus flaring up. "You good? I asked walking in. She turned the other way walking to her bathroom. "Yeah, I'm good thanks for calming him down," she said. Dreux had ADHD and that combined with what she had going on she didn't have much patience with him and I know she wanted to but it was hard. "Mia, come here," I said.

She sniffed "I'm good.. I'm good, it'll go away" she said. "You need to go to the hospital its only going to get worse," I said. She turned around "I'm tired of going to the hospital, I just don't feel like it," she said.

"I'll put some makeup on it and I'll be fine to go to work in the morning," she said trying to go past me. "Like its ever that easy," I said. She was so independent for her own good, she never wanted me to console her or anything. "Just stop... I still think you're beautiful" I said.

"Dreux .. stop" she rolled her eyes. "Stop what? I asked. "I hate when you do this, where not even together and you do all this mushy stuff. Its no point" she said.

"You're the reason, were not together Mia," I said. She frowned covering her face, I pulled her into a hug holding her. "Its too much sometimes, all of this" she cried "I know mama, I got you though," I said. I didn't care that we weren't together I was going to be there for her whether she liked it or not. I was going get her back one day. She quickly let go of me "Stop, just stop. Uhh, it drives me crazy how this just can't work. You can't keep coming here at night... when you know I'm vulnerable; we can't confuse Dreux" She said wiping her eyes.

I bit my lip pulling the strings across her robe revealing her bra and panties. "It drives me crazy, how fine you are" she giggled covering her face like a shy little girl. It didn't take much for all that tough shit to go out the door, and she hated it. I got on top of her "Were getting back together" I said kissing the side of her neck.

"Uuh uhh" she moved her head

"Yeah huh.. and you gon pop out one more baby for me," I said. She rolled her eyes "That's easy to say.. and you would have to put a ring on it. If I ever decided to have another baby" she said. My hand moved up her thigh. "Baby, I'd have your ring by tomorrow," I said I felt a vibration in my back pocket. I stopped what I was doing to answer it. She rolled her eyes sitting up. It was Ricky and I answered "Yeah"

"We have a problem," he said. I looked over at Mia giving me a disappointed look. "Fuckk, okay I'll be there in a few," I said. I hung up the phone placing it in my back pocket. I closed my eyes preparing for her to lash out at me again.

"Go ahead, I already know the drill," she said. I sighed "I know, Imma make it up to you," I said. She rolled her eyes "This is why I don't want to be in a serious relationship with you Dreux. I need consistency, I don't want to wait up for you at night or worry if you'll make it home" she said getting under her covers. What she said really saddened me, she's the only woman I want in my life and the fact that I can't give her what she needs was fucking with me. "Get some sleep" I leaned over kissing her cheek.

"Close the door" she mumbled.

That Next Night

I sat at the office waiting for Ricky to give me the "A" okay to leave. It was Friday, the first thing I wanted to do was pay my bills, go out tonight with Erica and then take my sister to the movies tomorrow. Ricky walked sorting through his mail. I bit my lip at how crisp he looked in his suit. How his muscles formed throughout his shirt. His powerful and deep voice. Even though he wasn't pleasant to me and kept my anxiety on high... I hate to say I was kind of intrigued by him and this lifestyle of his. How did he make all this money? What does he really do? He was a walking mystery for sure. He didn't talk much but said just enough. He handed me my envelope this time. Okay, process! "I'd advise you get direct deposit," he said.

"Oh, I already filled out my information," I said. "Did you give the paperwork to Kelly? He asked.

"Yup," I answered opening it. He sat at his desk kicking his feet up scrolling through his phone. I rolled my eyes at the awkwardness. I placed my check back in the envelope than in my bag. "Sooo why don't the girls like me? I asked trying to break the ice yet again.

"Aww, they don't like you? He asked. I sighed "Not at all," he said. "I told you," he said. "But all I ever did was mind my business," I said. He shrugged his shoulders "Continue to mind your business if you don't want any problems" he said. I rolled my eyes, I don't even know why I bothered. He looked at his watch "You can go" he said.

I quickly got up grabbing my bag. "I'll see you Monday, bright and early," he said. "Okay, have a good evening," I said.

"See you," he said. I walked out the door. Out the exit building, I saw a tall chocolate man come out of his Benz. My goodness, he was fine. "How you doing? He asked.

"Hi, I'm fine and yourself? I asked unlocking my door. "I'm here...you work here? He asked. I smiled "Yes, I'm Josie. I'm Ricky's new assistant" I said.

"Oh, you're the one with the little sister right? He asked. I lifted my brow wondering why he mentioned her than I realized Ricky probably complained to him about the other day. "Yes," I answered.

"Okay, well we're throwing a party for my daughters 7th birthday. You know we do parties big in this family. Slide through" he said. "May I ask who are you? I chuckled. "Oh my bad, a nigga ain't even introduce himself. A nigga invited you to shit probably thought I was crazy as hell" he chuckled. I laughed "A little"

"I'm Rudy, Kamaya's boyfriend but I work for Grant," he said. "Oh okay, nice meeting you," I said.

"You too, slide through" he winked.

"Okay, thanks for the invite," I said. It was nice for him to invite me but I wasn't even invited by Kamaya nor Ricky so I'm not about to pop back at their function and suffer from the awkwardness. Slowly, Kamara got out of the car on the phone. "Josie," she said walking past me. I didn't even say anything I went in my car. Knowing her she probably saw us talking and interpreted something else. That'll be another reason why she doesn't know why she doesn't like me but I wasn't going to let all them ruin my parade. I had the weekend off, a fat check and I was about to have some fun. I pulled off blasting my music I quickly called Erica.

She instantly answered "You wanna go out tonight? She gasped "Oh bitch do you have time? She asked. "Look ho, I got paid the money looks good. You, me and the girls can go out and have fun. Plus, after this stressful ass week, I just wanna have fun" I whined.

"I don't have anything to wear," she said. "Look, I'll pay for your dress and get you some food," I said.

"Oh, I'm in... what club? She asked. "Ivy? I questioned. "Mmm, nah," she said. "Can your mom watch Morgan and Jace if we go out? I asked. "Yes, I think she can do that," she said. "Yes," I said excitedly. A girl just wanted to twerk sum and have a little liquor in her system.

Ricky

We all sat the table while I go over this idea I had to get the feds from us. It's crazy because Cortez and Ronnie came running to me like straight bitches because the feds raided their club. Now, look at them, all of them begging to here what I gotta say. Even my pointless father to the left of me. "I don't think we're going to have any problems with Caprio for a while but if we do, Dreux, Rudy, Ron... Cortez, you already know our plan" I said.

"And what's that? Grant asked crossing his leg. "We break in their club in the middle of the night plant the ceilings with about 30 bricks of cocaine, get an anonymous number to call the police and file a complaint. The feds come in they shut that place down but if we do that we can't sell in the club because that would defeat the purpose" I explained

Grant nodded his head "You may be on to something" he said. "I don't think we have to go that mile just yet but I think we all need an image makeover. We need to paint ourselves as a better family and business. So, I was thinking our family start a charity foundation maybe for kids with illnesses we through a gala, get the news and people talking then were good" I explained

"Fuck! Now that's what I'm talking about" he said getting up clapping his hands. "The Santana Foundation," he said lighting his blunt. "Now get your little assistant to help you with the paperwork so we can trademark this shit" he ordered.

"Alright... it's done" I said grabbing my things. All of us started leaving the meeting. My cousins and I were going to grab a bite to eat then Dreux and I had to check on the other two clubs my father owned. "The man with the plan," Dreux said.

"Mann, I'm just trying to live" I chuckled. "Y'all ready tho? I asked. "Yeah, I'm hungry... who driving? Cortez. "Nigga, you driving... I'm always driving" I said.

Hours Later

"It ain't safe for the black or the white girl, it ain't safe, it ain't safe it" I yelled dancing with my girls. "Aye fuck with me and get some money"

Erica bent twirling her hips around. "Okay bitch" I laughed taking a sip of my margarita. Our friend Celeste placed up a snap and we all got in taking a picture. I got us a VIP section just the four of us. Erica, Celeste, and my homegirl Kiara. I saw every once in a while. We were even generous to invite a few girls to our table they were cool and they weren't all stuck up. Yes, I spent 400 for the bottle and section but I wanted to have a good time. I paid all of my bills and I still have enough to last me until the following week. I refused not to have a good time tonight. I plopped on the couch "Whew" I said taking a breather. I grabbed my class of Henny and coke chugging the rest of it down. "Slow down baby, I'm not driving tonight," Erica said. "Shut up, this is my first drink. I'll just have one more and that's it" I said vibing to the music. Bartier Cardi was playing as I watched the DJ spin the table. She was fine, real fine.

"Girl, why I thought that was a nigga? Erica leaned. "Me too but she's a fine girl... sheesh," I said. "She's looking at you," she said. I quickly looked away "Come on you're making it obvious" I whispered. She winked at me and I gave her a little smile. All of sudden, I saw Raymond walk up to the stage dapping her up. He quickly grabbed the mic "Yo, yo how ya feeling tonight Miami" he shouted.

The crowd was cheering, my mood instantly changed. I was ready to go now "Ayeeee make sure you follow Euphoria Nightclub on Instagram. I go by Raymond The Don. DJ... run that shit"

"I'm ready to go," I said. "Girl bye, don't let this clown ruin your night," she said. I placed my glass down exiting the VIP entry. I could barely make it to the restroom I was getting pulled stopped and rubbed by just about every guy who saw me. "Aye ma.. where you going?

"You single baby"

I stormed into the bathroom trying to cool off. Maybe I just needed to talk to him one on one to get to the bottom of this. I just want to know how this went left. How we were in love, I have his baby and all of sudden he changes on me. I sighed pulling down my dress. I heard the door open and it was Erica. "You okay boo? She asked. I sighed "No... I'm tired of him" I frowned trying not to cry. She grabbed my arm "Come on" she said. We didn't even make it fully out the bathroom. I was greeted by Raymond in my face. "What the fuck are you doing here? He asked.

"Who the fuck you think you talking to? Erica yelled.

"Don't talk to me like that, and I didn't know you'd be here" I scoffed looking him up and down. "Psshhh Erica, I'm not dealing with your shit right now," he said looking over at her.

"Just give us a sec" I said to her. She gave me a worried look before leaving

Ricky

I walked through the back door of our second club. I had to make sure everything was up to par. "Wassup Ricky"

"Wassup my man," I said dapping him up. I placed the code in the door opening up the office. I was greeted by Marcus the manager of the club. "Wassup boss," he said. I chuckled "Yeah something like that," I said dapping him up. "What them numbers looking like? I asked.

"Numbers are nice, we made an 800,000 last month," he said showing me the chart. "That's what I like to hear," I said.

Josie

"Why do you have such a problem with me? I didn't even do anything to you and you treat me like shit. I don't even ask for much... it baffles me that you have money and you won't even help your son" I whined looking in his eyes, they were so damn cold

"That baby ain't mine, you fucked my friend. How the fuck you expect me to believe that shit? He asked.

"I didn't have sex with your friend. You're the only guy, I've ever slept with" my voice cracked. I felt my heart get heavy.

"Bullshit" he scoffed. I used to mess with his friend Tevin but then Raymond swept me off my feet and I left Tevin for him. Tevin got jealous and tried to force himself on me and Raymond caught it all and since then things haven't been the same.

"Your friend was a fucking perve, and you know it," I said tears falling down my eyes. "You seemed comfortable to me," he said. I forcefully pushed him "Fuck you, Ray... I hate you" I yelled. He pushed me back "Fuck you too bitch" I felt myself being caught. "Yo, what the fuck Raymond. You gon put your hands on a woman"?

I turned around to see Cortez. Ricky's cousin. Once he saw my face "Oh shit, Josie you good? He asked letting me go. "Y-yeah.. I'm fine" I said fixing myself. "Yo, Raymond lemme holla at you for a second" Tez said. I watched Raymond mug me as he walked by. I didn't even have time to be upset, I was now trying to figure out how Cortez knew Raymond and if I saw Cortez. I can ensure I'd run into all of them now my vibe was killed. I walked back to the VIP area, grabbing the bottle taking it straight to the head.

"You good ma? Celeste asked. "I'm fine," I said. Erica crossing her arms giving me a motherly look.

Ricky

"Right, this nigga thinks he the man. At least he gets to fuck all the dancers" Marcus said as he poured me a glass of Henny. "First of all, not every woman gets to fuck me okay. I'm not a hoe.. never been" I said.

"Mmmm bullshit" Ronnie laughed. "Yeah okay, you talking about you wanna open a strip joint well you better have some patience because dealing with hella little ass girls with all these emotions is too much," I said.

"Unlike you I have patience and a lot of strippers aren't hoes. They just be tricking these niggas for some company" Marcus said. "Its enough of them, that's why I don't sleep with them," I said.

"Ha! You should see how these bitches act over Ricky. You'd think he married all of them" Ronnie said. "Jealous"? I asked

We were interrupted by Cortez walking in with Raymond. "Wassup Raymond," I said. "Wassup Ricky," he said barely looking at me. "What's going on? I asked.

"I caught him arguing with Josie, then he pushed her" Cortez explained. I lifted my brow confused as to why Josie was here and how the hell did Raymond know her. Raymond was like our little brother, like an intern. He promotes events all over Miami but he mainly promotes here.

"How you know her? What's going on?

"That's my baby moms... but that baby ain't mine," he said quickly. This was Josie's baby father. I never cared to ask who the father was but this shit is crazy.

"You get a DNA test? I asked. "Pshhh man, she fucked my friend than me. So I know that baby ain't mine" he scoffed.

"Why the fuck did you push her? I asked. "She pushed me first," he said. I just stared at him, like this guy been around us for a minute and he on some fuck shit. We don't act like that, and now he was making us look bad.

"Damn Ray, you kind of lost my respect. You out here pushing women. You gotta learn how to control your anger" I said

"That shit not cool bro" Cortez chimed in "How you know her? He asked.

"That's my assistant, I just hired her" I explained. He had a puzzled look he then began to laugh.

Josie

My friends cheered me back up. We were about to leave and decided to dance on more time. "Slob on my nob, like corn on the cob checking with me and do yo job" we rapped to plain jane. I began twerking a little "Ayyye" my friends said hyping me up. I quickly stopped shyly turning around. I could never fully twerk longer than 10 seconds. I didn't like dancing on guys at clubs than before you know it the whole crew trying to get a dance.

"Ayeeee fuck him then I get some money" "Ooo girl watch out"

I felt myself bump into someone again. "Oh, I'm sorry," I said turning around. "Ay fuck him than I get some money" Dreux sung "Oh my gosh" I chuckled. He looked me up and down "Okay I see you," He said taking a glance at her figure. He had a drink in his hand. "What you doing here? He asked. "Just trying to enjoy myself," I said.

"Well, I ain't here to stop you. You coming tomorrow? He asked. "Mmm, I wasn't really invited... Well, Rudy invited me" I said.

"Come, bring your fam, it's going to be fun," he said. "I'll see" I smiled. "Okay, I'll see you arou-

"Wait is Ricky with you? I asked. He laughed "As a matter of fact, he is why? He asked. Fuck!! I definitely didn't want to run into him. "Nothing," I said

He snickered "I won't tell him you're here. I got you" he said. I rolled my eyes "You will, you're like the messenger" I said

"Pshh don't be scared of my little brother. He ain't nobody" he laughed. "I'm not" I said. He took a sip out of his straw placing up the deuces. "Y'all ready to go? I asked

"Hell yeah my feet are tired"

"Oh so that's Ricky's brother? Erica asked as we walked through the crowd of people. "Yes," I said. "Oh he fineee too, girl if you don't say hi and show that ass," Erica said slapping it. "Ouch," I laughed. "No trust me, I'm good," I said.

Ricky

Dreux walked in confused to see what was going on. He been at the bar the whole time we've been here. "Fuck is going on? He asked. "Raymond is Josie's baby father, they got into it and he pushed her" I explained

"Whaaaaaa? Him? Dreux asked. Raymond turned around giving him a salty look. "Damn, I just saw her dancing with her friends," he said. "Cuz she a little thot, look don't trust her," he said. I didn't know Josie like that, and I don't care too much about this shit but Raymond was acting like a real bitch and it was starting to get on my nerves. "Raymond go home, I'll let you know if we need you," I said rubbing my chin. He got it up "What? He yelled.

"You heard him, roll out," Dreux said. "That's crazy, I've been with y'all for the longest," he said hurt. I didn't say anything I just watched him walk out. "Damn all of this over a female," Ronnie said

I shrugged "She got a lot of shit with her," I said sitting back down. "Well damn, I feel bad now. "Aren't you at least going to check on her? Dreux asked.

"You saw her, she's alive right? I asked

Damn Ricky

I bet ya'll thought Ricky was going to catch her and see it all for himself and ask if she was okay? lmao nope!

Y'all think Dreux likes Josie?:

Y'all think its More to Dreux and Mia's Story?

Damn Damn Damn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 5.8K 60
Josie's career begins to take off winning Project Runway with 20k to start her business; when she and Ricky went there separate ways, she vowed to pu...
5.6K 221 14
Yazzmine Lyles, 25 and single mother to a six year old little boy. Yazzmine is just trying to live out her life to the fullest and take care of her s...
30.9K 887 12
Lauren Jauregui is known as the person at school that can get her hands on anything. But, she runs into a bit of trouble when her best friend's (Per...
4.8K 231 16
****This Story Will Be Removed On October 14th 2017*** Born in the heart of Brooklyn to a dope fiend mother and ghost of a father, Moette Henderson a...