The Pentelements *SLOW UPDATE...

By Josalen144

Kirstie can see into the future Avi can see the past Mitch is a charmer Kevin is the brain Scott is the brawn... More

PROLOGUE
Ch. 1 Meetings at the Mall
Ch. 2 New Arrival
Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens
Ch. 4 Avi's Family
Ch. 5 Motel Madness
Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?
Ch. 7 Testing Talents
Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around
Ch. 9 Let's Talk
Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions
Ch. 11 Stolen
Ch. 12 Police Station
A/N Anniversary Party!!!!
Ch. 13 First Look
Ch. 14 Pursuing the Persuader
Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush
Ch. 16 Can I Play?
Ch. 18 Uh Oh
A/N Sneak Peek
Ch. 19 What Did You Do?!
Ch. 20 We Need A Plan
Ch. 21 Race Against Time
Ch. 22 Survival Strategy
Ch. 23 Plane Escape
Ch. 24 What A Day
Ch. 25 Family Matters
Ch. 26 Goodbye
Ch. 27 Shenanigans
Ch. 28 Truth or Dare
Ch. 29 Group Chat
Ch. 30 Almost There
Ch. 31 Test Drive
A/N Valentine's Day (OPEN)
Ch. 32 Chores
Ch. 33 Ruckus
Ch. 34 Welcome
Ch. 35 Break It
Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?
Ch. 37 Getting Started
Ch. 38 Avi's Turn
Ch. 39 Cheerleader
Ch. 40 Trampoline
Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)
Ch. 42 Fun Times
Ch. 43 Early Morning
Ch. 44 Eggs
Ch. 45 Double Yolk
Ch. 46 Face Value
Ch. 47 Boots
Ch. 48 Getting Ready
Ch. 49 Fashion Police
Ch. 50 :)
Ch. 51 Growth Spurt
Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)
Ch. 53 Friends and Foes
Ch. 54 Mitch vs. Avi
Ch. 55 Two Against One
Ch. 56 Accidentally, Of Course
Ch. 57 Police Chase
Ch. 58 Breathe
Ch. 59 Munchie
Ch. 60 Meditate
Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings
A/N Quick Update

Ch. 17 Don't You Dare

452 24 18
By Josalen144

(A/N Another reason why I was gone for so long... Surprise!!! Double because I love you guys!!! <3 Enjoy!)

Avi finally allowed Mitch to take his spot in the passenger seat after a bit of arguing and some convincing from Kirstie. With a huge grin, Mitch tossed Kevin the keys and led them to the parking lot. It took a couple minutes, but they finally found the shiny black car. Quickly looking in the trunk, they saw their suitcases were still packed neatly together. It looked like they haven't been touched yet so they hoped all of their clothes were fine.

"I suggest we hurry, it won't be long before they notice I'm gone." Mitch told them, closing the trunk.

"Why would they care if you're gone?" Kirstie asked, as Kevin unlocked the car.

"Because of this." He said, and he took out multiple fat bundles of $100 bills.

"You stole all that money?!" Avi whisper-shouted, and Mitch shrugged.

"I couldn't help myself. Oh, and here's your wallet." He replied, handing it to Kevin.

He checked to make sure his credit card and driver's license were where they were supposed to be, already knowing all of his money was gone. Luckily, it looked like they hadn't touched them.

"Okay everyone, let's go." Kevin said, and they all got in the car.

"Ugh I'm so tired." Kirstie told them with a yawn.

"Me too, we've done a lot of stuff today and it's only been what... 8 hours? I can't wait for us to check into our hotel." Avi agreed, buckling his seat belt.

As they were driving, Kevin was amazed that his phone was still in the car. Then again, it was kinda hidden under a few pamphlets he had gotten from the airport. Grabbing all the pamphlets, he stuck them in the glove compartment so they'd be out of the way. He then quickly plugged up his phone to the charger when they stopped at a red light and sighed. Somehow everything had worked out, besides all of his cash being gone.

While waiting for the light to turn green, he glanced over at Mitch who was tapping his fingers on the dashboard and looking out the window. Curious about what he was thinking of, Kevin focused and read his mind. He was really surprised when he heard actual music coming from Mitch's head.

'Oh, well imagine. As I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor, and I can't help but to hear, no I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words. What a beautiful wedding, what a beautiful wedding says a bridesmaid to a waiter. And yes but what a shame, what a shame the poor groom's bride is a whore.'

Kevin chuckled softly and grabbed his phone to put on the song for him. A few seconds later it was playing throughout the car. Mitch looked at him as the light turned green and he started driving again. He kept his eyes on the road and fought off a smile.

"Can I help you?" He asked, and Mitch looked confused.

"How did you know I was thinking of this song?"

"Were you thinking of it? Hmm, weird. I just thought this car ride could use some tunes."

"But still, why this song?"

"Okay fine, I may have also gotten the idea from your drumming pattern. It's a pretty popular song you know." He said, avoiding the truth.

Mitch still looked skeptical but brushed it off and enjoyed the music. He wanted to sing along to it, but suddenly felt a little shy. He never really sung in front of anyone. There was only one person he trusted enough to sing in front of, and they've been M.I.A for a few months now. To avoid thinking about it, he focused on the song and started humming quietly instead.

Kevin checked the rear view mirror and looked at Avi and Kirstie. They were in the back looking tired, but were bobbing their heads along to the music anyway. He looked back at the road and made a few turns before Mitch suddenly yelled at him.

"Espere um minuto... Pare! Pare! Pare! Stop the car!"

Kevin slammed on the brakes and Avi and Kirstie jumped at the sudden movement. While Kevin asked if everyone was alright, Mitch rolled down the window and hollered at two people standing on the street. One was holding the other up by their shirt and it looked like they were about to beat them up.

"Oi! Luis!!!" He yelled, leaning out the window and waving.

The one about to throw a punch looked up at him, and his angry face became much more relaxed. He even gave an amused smile.

"Olá, pequena sereia!" They called back. "Você já viu algum policial?"

"Nenhum ainda. This guy owe you money?" Mitch asked, and Luis nodded.

"I'm getting it de uma forma ou de outra."

"Well if it's money you want, Miguel robbed a bank not too long ago."

"É assim mesmo?"

"Sim! Got about $300,000 dollars. He, Derek, and Carlos are over at the bar."

"Hmm, maybe I should pay them a visit."

"I think you should, they started another fight."

"Novamente?! Ugh, my work is never over."

"Eu sei, I thought they learned their lesson the last time they started a fight in a bar... guess not." Mitch told him, and he sighed.

Luis grumbled to himself before dropping the person he was holding. They immediately ran away, as fast as they could. Luis ignored them and started walking in the direction they just came from.

"Obrigado pela dica." He said over his shoulder.

"Sem problemas, tchau Luis!!!"

After giving a final wave, Mitch sat back down in the car and adjusted his seat belt. He was smiling to himself when he noticed the car wasn't moving yet. Looking around, he saw that everyone was staring at him.

"What?" He asked.

"That's why you made me stop the car? So you could tattle on your friends?" Kevin questioned, a little upset.

"Eles não são meus amigos. Besides, they had it coming. Plus it'll keep Miguel off my back for a few days." Mitch responded happily.

"That still doesn't give you the right to just yell at me to stop the car. I thought we were about to hit something or blow up!"

"Claro que não! Explosives aren't Derek's specialty, they're Pablo's." He said, and everyone stared at him. "What are we still sitting here for? I thought you guys said you wanted to get to your hotel room."

They quietly grumbled to themselves and Kevin continued driving. He got an idea and a couple unexpected turns. Before they knew what was happening, Kevin stopped the car in front of a police station. The second Mitch saw where they were, he unbuckled his seat belt and hid in the small space for your feet.

"What are we doing here?!" He hissed Kevin, trying to remain out of sight.

"Remember when you said we owed you two favors? Well now we only owe you one."

"What are you talking about? You guys owe me two favors. One for finding Derek and another for buying you the drinks."

"That may be true, but we're doing you a favor right now." Kevin said smugly.

"What kind of favor would require you to bring me here?!"

"The kind where we don't turn you in to the police." He told him, and Mitch's head snapped up. "It seems like they would be really happy to finally catch a criminal like you."

"You wouldn't do that, right?" Mitch asked in a small voice.

His eyes begged desperately and he was turning up his charm like his life depended on it, which it kind of did. Unfortunately for him, Kevin figured out a few ways to ignore the charm. He closed his eyes and turned his head away from Mitch's pleading gaze. He figured that as long as he didn't see Mitch's eyes, he'd be able to resist doing what he said. However, it seemed like he temporarily forgot that Mitch's voice could also be altered.

"Please don't do this." He said, and the urgency in voice almost caught Kevin off guard.

Mitch's voice sounded like how people would feel if a cold, sick puppy had been kicked. Luckily he was able to hold out long enough for an officer to notice their car and come up to the window.

"Posso ajudar? Can I help you?" The officer asked, and Mitch went silent.

Kevin looked at the officer and nodded. He could still see that Mitch looked terrified. Usually Avi and Kirstie would have something to say about all of this, but they had fallen asleep several minutes ago.

"Yes, I seem to have a bit of a problem and was wondering if I could get some assistance."

"Bem, what's wrong?" He asked, stepping closer to the car.

Kevin quickly opened the glove compartment and looked at all of the different pamphlets. When he opened the glove compartment, it hid Mitch even better from the officer's curious gaze. Kevin finally grabbed one and gave it to the officer.

"Can you tell me how to get to this hotel, please? I'm a little lost."

"You're not that lost. Just go back the way you came, make two rights, a left, and another right, and you should end up on a long road. If you follow the road, it should take you straight to town. Once you start reaching traffic, it'll be the tall building on your left." They explained, and handed the pamphlet back.

"Obrigado!" Kevin said, and he started backing up the car.

"Seja bem-vindo!" The officer replied, and they went back into the police station.

After he turned the car around, he put the pamphlet back and closed the glove compartment. Mitch was still hiding, and he didn't come out until he felt the car make a couple turns. Finally back in his seat, he buckled his seat belt and glared at Kevin.

"I can't believe you did that." He said, crossing his arms.

"I didn't do anything wrong. All I did was ask for directions." Kevin told him innocently.

"Are you kidding me? They could've seen me and I would've gotten arrested!"

"Yeah that could've happened, but it didn't. I made sure of that. So now, we only owe you one favor."

"I don't think so."

"Really? Well I could always go back."

"Don't you dare." Mitch warned, and Kevin shrugged and started to turn the car around. "Alright, alright, alright! Fine... you guys only owe me one favor."

Kevin smiled and turned the car back around. As he drove the car down the long road, he heard Mitch mumble a few curses in Portuguese. Chuckling to himself, he looked at Avi and Kirstie in the rear view mirror. They were still asleep with Kirstie's head on Avi's shoulder, and Avi's head on top of Kirstie's. He saw a bit of traffic ahead and decided to wake them up.

"Hey guys, wake up." He said, reaching a hand back and shaking their legs.

They groaned and shifted a bit before returning to their original position. Kevin shook their legs again and this time Kirstie woke up. She moved her head and stretched which caused Avi to wake up from his head being dropped. They both yawned and looked out the window.

"Where are we?" Avi asked, stretching in his seat.

"Almost to the hotel. It'll be a few more minutes before we get there. For now, I'm playing a certain number of songs... Anyone have any requests?" Kevin questioned, and both of them smiled.

A few songs later, they finally reached the hotel they were staying at. Kevin and Kirstie started taking the luggage out of the car while Avi checked them in. Luckily the people at the desk spoke enough English that Avi could understand what to do. Before long, he got the keys and met everyone back at the car. Grabbing his luggage, he showed them where their room was and unlocked the door. Before they went in, Kevin put his luggage down and grabbed Kirstie. She was confused at first when she remembered her little battles with Avi.

"Quick! Get the bigger bed!" Kevin told Avi as Kirstie struggled in his grasp.

"NO! THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!" She yelled, and she tried to break free but it was too late.

Avi had dropped all of his bags and jumped on the slightly bigger bed, claiming it as his own. He let out a laugh and put his feet up.

"Mmm, this feels amazing! Just look at how much room we have!" He said wiggling around happily.

To really rub it in her face, Avi even started doing snow angels on the bed. Kirstie glared at him with pursed lips and Kevin could tell she was trying not to smile.

"What was that all about?" Mitch questioned as Kevin let Kirstie go.

"It's kind of a long story." He told him, picking up his bags again.

"That's okay, I've got time. Plus there's no way I'm going back out there. After Luis is done with them, I'll have three killers tracking me down."

Mitch walked in the room after Kevin, and sat down on the smaller bed. He grabbed the remote and flipped through channels as if he didn't just basically say there was a bounty on his head. Avi, Kirstie, and Kevin all checked their suitcases to make sure nothing was missing. Avi and Kirstie found their phones and plugged them up so they would charge. Everyone was doing their own thing when Avi groaned loudly.

"What is it? Are you upset because your bed isn't comfortable? I'll trade you." Kirstie suggested, and Avi made a face at her.

"Nice try, there's no way you're getting this bed. I was groaning because I missed the check in time for my family." He explained. "You remember the last time I didn't check in? My mom almost broke the speakers in my phone, and that was when I was only a few minutes late!"

"So... what's it going to be like when you call them now?" Mitch asked.

"Let's just say, I might need a new phone before this day is over."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 430 11
Mitch: "I can be mean though." Avi: "That's okay, I'll take care of you." Sailing under the radar while we obsessed over Scömìche, this is the ship t...
468 31 21
Sequel to Can't Say. After Avi was discharged from the hospital following the horrific events that took place over the last 6 months. Kevin and Avi'...
1.2K 49 8
Snapshots of the crazy family as they go through life together
75.2K 2.1K 38
Avi is in love. She's all he thinks about. Kirstie. Perfect, beautiful Kirstie. When her boyfriend crosses the line, Kirstie moves in with Avi. But A...