The Pentelements *SLOW UPDATE...

By Josalen144

Kirstie can see into the future Avi can see the past Mitch is a charmer Kevin is the brain Scott is the brawn... More

PROLOGUE
Ch. 1 Meetings at the Mall
Ch. 2 New Arrival
Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens
Ch. 4 Avi's Family
Ch. 5 Motel Madness
Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?
Ch. 7 Testing Talents
Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around
Ch. 9 Let's Talk
Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions
Ch. 11 Stolen
Ch. 12 Police Station
A/N Anniversary Party!!!!
Ch. 13 First Look
Ch. 14 Pursuing the Persuader
Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush
Ch. 17 Don't You Dare
Ch. 18 Uh Oh
A/N Sneak Peek
Ch. 19 What Did You Do?!
Ch. 20 We Need A Plan
Ch. 21 Race Against Time
Ch. 22 Survival Strategy
Ch. 23 Plane Escape
Ch. 24 What A Day
Ch. 25 Family Matters
Ch. 26 Goodbye
Ch. 27 Shenanigans
Ch. 28 Truth or Dare
Ch. 29 Group Chat
Ch. 30 Almost There
Ch. 31 Test Drive
A/N Valentine's Day (OPEN)
Ch. 32 Chores
Ch. 33 Ruckus
Ch. 34 Welcome
Ch. 35 Break It
Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?
Ch. 37 Getting Started
Ch. 38 Avi's Turn
Ch. 39 Cheerleader
Ch. 40 Trampoline
Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)
Ch. 42 Fun Times
Ch. 43 Early Morning
Ch. 44 Eggs
Ch. 45 Double Yolk
Ch. 46 Face Value
Ch. 47 Boots
Ch. 48 Getting Ready
Ch. 49 Fashion Police
Ch. 50 :)
Ch. 51 Growth Spurt
Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)
Ch. 53 Friends and Foes
Ch. 54 Mitch vs. Avi
Ch. 55 Two Against One
Ch. 56 Accidentally, Of Course
Ch. 57 Police Chase
Ch. 58 Breathe
Ch. 59 Munchie
Ch. 60 Meditate
Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings
A/N Quick Update

Ch. 16 Can I Play?

448 25 13
By Josalen144

(A/N Hey guys, thanks for being so patient! I had a bit of schoolwork and my uncle passed away the day after Christmas so that's why I've been gone. Anyway I'm feeling better and I've decided to write a longer chapter to make up for lost time. Enjoy!!!)

As they looked on with uncertainty about how things could go wrong, Mitch happily skipped over to the suspect's table. He was playing a card game with his friends and talking about some of the things they did that week.

"So how much did you get again?" One of his friends asked.

"About $300,000 dollars. Not bad for my first time eh?" His other friend bragged.

"O que você quer dizer? It wasn't your first time robbing um banco."

"Well yeah, but it was the first time the polícia got there in time to catch me. I barely got out of there alive." They admitted, and the other two laughed.

"Vergonha, we would've finally had some paz e quieto around here, and no one wants that right?" They said sarcastically.

"Tarde Carlos, Miguel, Derek." Mitch said, reaching their table, and they all looked up at him.

"Mitchell. O que você está fazendo aqui? Did your little namorado leave you alone again?" Derek asked, and they laughed as Mitch glared at them.

"Ele não é meu namorado, and no. I haven't even seen them in a while... I hope they're okay. Anyway, I was just hanging around and decided to stop by for a drink."

"Why? The nearest Starbucks is a few miles that way." Carlos said, pointing behind him.

"You know, every drink I get doesn't have to be Starbucks." He told them, and they laughed again.

"Oh man, the day I see you reject Starbucks is the day I let these perdedores beat me at my own game." Derek said, slamming his cards on the table to prove a point. "Full house!"

The others groaned and threw their cards on the floor, while he laughed and collected his winnings. Mitch bent down to help gather the cards together.

"Why did you have to come over here? You threw off my concentration!" Miguel complained, slumping in his seat.

"Eu sinto muito, it's not my fault you can't keep your eyes off me." Mitch responded with a wink, putting the cards back on the table and causing Derek to briefly glance at him. "Anyway, can I play?"

"No." They all said in unison, and Mitch pouted.

"Awe, por favor? It's been so long!"

"Don't care, you're not playing." Derek said gruffly, and Mitch sighed.

He was about to leave when he thought of an idea. He looked at all of them with an icy smile and leaned over the table.

"I guess that's fine. I'll just go out front and see if I can find Luis. Maybe he'll play with me." With that, he turned around and started to walk away.

Their heads snapped up at the mention of Luis, and they all jumped up and pulled him back to the table.

"Woah woah woah, we uh... we don't need to get Luis involved." Carlos said when they got back.

"Are you sure? Cause you know he'd love to hang out with you all." Mitch told them with an innocent smile.

Derek gave him a death glare.

"No wonder your name's Mitch, it rhymes with bitch."

"Well it's no wonder your name's Derek, it rhymes with barbaric." He countered, they engaged in a short glaring contest. "Me deixe jogar."

"No."

"Why not?!" Mitch demanded, and Carlos rolled his eyes.

"Because we're out of money. Derek took it all when we lost." He explained, and Derek snickered, breaking eye contact.

"Next time don't bet all your cash. Idiotas."

"You guys have plenty. I do believe I overheard a certain someone say they recently got lucky with some dinheiro." Mitch suggested, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh no! Don't try and spend my money for me, I already have a sister who does that." Miguel complained, and Mitch giggled.

"But wouldn't it be safer if it was somewhere you could see it?"

"It's fine where it is."

"Gee, I don't know. I mean, it'd sure be a shame if someone were to get their hands on all that money you stole from the bank." Mitch said, raising his voice a little at the end.

"SHH!!! Shut up! You're gonna get me arrested." Miguel whispered to him, and he smirked.

"Let me play one game." He repeated, and Miguel glared at him.

"Mitch also rhymes with snitch."

"Yeah and Miguel rhymes with smell. We could do this all day, I've got tons more." He told him, crossing his arms.

"That still doesn't change the fact that I'm not using my money on a jogo de cartas estúpido."

"I'm telling you it's not safe out of sight." Mitch warned, and he scoffed.

"Oh please, nothing is going to happen to it."

"Oh yeah? Then how did I get this?" Mitch asked, and he held up a large bundle of $100 bills.

They stared at him and Miguel looked under the table at his duffel bag. Sure enough, it was unzipped and he could tell there was money missing.

"How did you get that? We've been looking at you ever since you got here!" Miguel questioned, trying to snatch the cash back.

"Have you? Hmm, apparently you weren't paying much attention if I was able to get all this money without any of you noticing." Mitch told them, keeping the money out of Miguel's reach.

"Devolva! Imbecil!" He started to yell, but Carlos and Derek grabbed him before he could do anything.

"Acalme-se! Don't forget, he could still go to Luis." Carlos reminded him, and he reluctantly straightened up.

After shoving them off, Miguel dusted off his shirt and glared at Mitch.

"Are you going to let me play now?"

They all sighed and made room for him. When he saw them starting to move, Mitch smiled and happily sat down between Carlos and Derek. After rolling his eyes, Derek started shuffling the deck and passed out the cards.

"Alright everyone, place your bets." He told them, putting out money of his own.

Carlos sighed and took out a $10 bill before placing it in the center. Mitch put one of Miguel's $100 bill's on the table, while Miguel put out a $20 bill.

"What happened to having no money?" Mitch asked innocently, and Carlos flipped him off.

"Suficiente, let's get this game over with." Derek said, and Mitch smirked.

It was a quick but fun game... well, at least for Mitch and Derek. Carlos quit after the second hand of cards were passed out, and Miguel kept getting so pissed when Mitch put more of his money on the table that he couldn't concentrate. By the end of the game, Mitch had basically given away $1500, which Derek took happily.

"I don't like this game." Carlos complained.

"Then stop playing... or don't, I win either way." Derek said, counting his money, and Mitch let out a laugh.

"What are you still doing here? Don't you have some pockets to pick?" Miguel asked Mitch, and he glared at him.

"Har har, and maybe I wanted to play another game."

"Oh no, you don't! You said you wanted to play one game, and you played one game. Now give me back my money and get lost."

"No."

"You know that Mitch rhymes with stitch right?" Miguel asked, standing up threateningly.

"Yep, and Miguel also rhymes with go to hell. Besides, you know the rules..." Mitch paused and looked at him through his eyelashes. "Finders keepers." He told him, and Miguel tried to grab him again.

Derek and Carlos jumped up and kept him from hurting Mitch. As they held him back he started yelling curses in English and Portuguese. They were able to slightly calm him down enough to make sense of what he was saying.

"Seu pequeño bastardo! You didn't find it, you took it out of my bag!"

"Well, I did find your bag on the floor so... technically the rules still apply. Estou apenas dizendo." He explained with a shrug.

That set him off.

Miguel pushed Carlos off of him and tried to get Derek off too. The force of his shove made Carlos bump into a nearby person, who then accidentally spilled their drink on someone else. The person who got a drink to the face slowly wiped it off and stood up pissed. They grabbed the man with the empty cup in his hands, and started punching him in the face. As Miguel tried to get out of Derek's grip, Mitch watched with amusement as people around them were getting into more fights.

Someone would get knocked into a table, and the people at that table would start fighting them for interrupting a game or important conversation. It was all very fascinating to watch, and only a couple minutes had passed before almost everyone in the bar was fighting each other. While watching everything unfold, someone ran into Derek and ended up dragging him into the crowd of people fighting. Since he wasn't holding onto Miguel anymore, he immediately started to run after Mitch. When Mitch saw Miguel was coming for him, he remained calm.

Hurrying, yet taking his time, Mitch walked over to a really buff guy ordering a beer from the bar. He lifted a hand and gently tapped his shoulder with a finger. When he turned around to face him, Mitch smiled and quickly ducked, causing Miguel to punch him instead of Mitch. His heart stopped when he saw the guys face, and Mitch quietly crawled away. They lifted Miguel by his shirt and threw him across the room. He crashed into a nearby vacant table so hard that it ended up breaking.

Seeing that everyone was occupied, Mitch stood up, wiped off his hands on his pants, and started walking back to the table of people he was helping. Taking his time, he put his hands in his pocket and hummed a small tune to himself. He paused for a moment to allow a few people fighting each other to pass, before continuing. After hopping over someone who was unconscious, he made it back to the table and grabbed his drink.

"Alright, let's go." He told them, taking a sip.

They all just stared at him with shocked faces. No one moved or said anything for a few moments before they all slowly stood up. Mitch nodded at them and made his way to the front door, drink still in hand. They quickly followed him, staying close behind so they wouldn't get roped in the fights all around them. It was a few moments before Kevin finally opened his mouth.

"How did you do all of this?"

"Hm?" Mitch asked, glancing back at him.

"How did you do all of this?" He repeated. "I mean you were gone for ten minutes and next thing we know, everyone in here is fighting each other."

Mitch let out a melodic laugh and flashed him a charming smile.

"What can I say? It's a gift." He told him, then he continued leading the way.

Kevin ignored the pounding in his heart as they followed him to the front. They finally reached the door and went outside. Safe from all the violence in the bar, everyone relaxed. They were about to get further away from the bar when Avi remembered something.

"Hey Mitch-" He started, but Mitch held up a finger to tell him to wait.

He couldn't talk because he was currently downing the rest of his drink. Once it was all gone, he put the cherry between his teeth and threw the glass against the wall as hard as he could, causing it to shatter. He happily started eating the cherry, holding it by its stem and nodded for Avi to continue.

"Okay... so, did you get the guy to give you the keys?" He asked, and Mitch shook his head.

"Why not? Wasn't that the whole reason for us coming here?" Kirstie complained, and Mitch held up his finger again.

He bit off the cherry and started chewing it, savoring the flavor, and flicked the small stem away. A few seconds went by before he finished and spit out the pit.

"You don't find cherries like those anymore. Anyway, I didn't have a chance to ask for the keys." He said, and they all started groaning and voicing their complaints.

"Ugh, are you serious?! How could you 'not have a chance to ask'? Why didn't you just use your charm?!" Avi groaned, and Mitch sighed and leaned against the wall. "You had one job Mitch! ONE!!! Get. The. Keys. It's not that hard!"

"Avi I get that you're upset, but yelling isn't going to fix anything." Kirstie told him, trying to calm him down. "We could go back and try again."

"Yeah good luck. There's no way anyone can go in there without being dragged into a fight. We might as well give up." He said with a huff, and turned to Mitch. "Why bring us here if you were just going to waste our time?"

Mitch was quiet, just staring at Avi with an unimpressed face and his arms crossed. Avi took deep breaths until he finally calmed down. They all looked at Mitch as he continued to stare at Avi. Everything was quiet as they waited for him to speak and explain himself, which he eventually did.

"Are you done?" He asked bluntly, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

Avi looked away, still upset, but he nodded.

"Good." He said, then he fished out the car keys from his pocket and showed them.

They gasped in surprise and gathered around him.

"Wait, how'd you get those?" Kirstie questioned, amazed. "I thought you said you didn't have a chance to ask for them?"

"If he had let me finish, I would've told you that since I didn't have a chance to ask for the keys, I just took them when he wasn't looking." Mitch told her, rolling his eyes.

"Wow, thanks Mitch!" Kevin said, and he tried to grab the keys but Mitch snatched them out of reach.

"Ah, ah, ah. Before I give you these, I believe a certain alguém me deve uma desculpa." He replied, looking at Avi.

Avi glanced at Kevin confused, and he quickly translated.

"He wants you to apologize." He said, and Avi groaned.

"Do I have to?" He asked, and Kirstie hit his arm. "Ow!"

"Yes you have to! You were being rude." She scolded him, and he sighed.

"I was joking." He mumbled, rubbing his arm.

Avi looked at Mitch who was twirling the keys on his finger, waiting for his apology and sighed again.

"I'm sorry, I should've let you finish and I shouldn't have been so mean." He said sincerely. "Can you forgive me?"

Mitch made a thinking face for a few moments before nodding.

"I guess I could, on one condition."

"And that is?" He asked, and Mitch smirked.

"I call shotgun."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 49 8
Snapshots of the crazy family as they go through life together
14.3K 588 15
Kevin and Avi meet through Pentatonix and quickly become friends. Scott and Mitch have been best friends since they were ten but after Scott comes ou...
29.2K 746 24
468 31 21
Sequel to Can't Say. After Avi was discharged from the hospital following the horrific events that took place over the last 6 months. Kevin and Avi'...