Kaden's Luna

By WYLD_ROSE

Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alon... More

AN: Must Read!
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
TREAT Bonus Chapter!
The Alpha Series: Book 3
The Alpha Series: Book 4!

Chapter Thirty-Two

57K 2.6K 407
By WYLD_ROSE

Chapter Thirty-Two – Back to You.

Kaden Reid's P.O.V.

I grab my suitcase from the revolving belt before rushing towards the exit of the airport. I make my way to a taxi and thank the driver who helps me with my luggage, rattling off my address as we get in the car. The engine starts and the radio resumes on the station it was last on.

As he drives further away from the airport, I am left with nothing but panic and fear. Would Luna be alright? What if Rico didn't reach on time and Ace had hurt her? I think to myself, my fists clenching at the idea of him getting close to my mate.

When Rico called me and relayed last night's events, I immediately wanted to catch the next flight over but he reassured me that Luna is unharmed. What could Ace possibly want with Luna? I wonder, my gaze drifting to the raindrops hitting the car's window.

I had been banished from my father's pack long before he died. I couldn't understand why his Beta was following me, wherever I went Ace was sure to show up. But now that he had come so close to harming Luna, I needed to act and ensure her safety. I don't care if anything happens to me but I would never risk Luna getting hurt. She means everything to me.

I sigh, resting my head against the window. I had longed for a mate but was ashamed of my background. I didn't think my mate would want to be with me when she learned that I don't belong to a pack and my life is filled with danger with people wanting to punish me for my father's wrongdoings.

On top of that, I am still trying to establish myself and because of that, I am financially unstable. I have nothing to offer Luna except my love and company, so you can imagine my surprise when she wanted to be with me. I have never felt so happy in my life when she admitted that she liked me and wanted to be with me for who I was.

I have been blessed with a brown eyed angel in my life and it has made me complete. Luna was shy at first but I love how she became comfortable around me. All I want to do is hold her and never let her go.

***

It's eight in the morning when I finally walk into Axel's home. Rico meets me by the door and leads me towards the sitting room where Axel and Owen are waiting on the couches. They get up to meet me before I set my luggage down and take a seat.

"Where is she?" I growl, glancing at Rico as he takes a seat on the armchair.

"Upstairs, sleeping. She's fine, Kaden." He smiles reassuringly, but it does nothing to calm my wolf and I down.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Axel speaks in a gruff tone, an undertone of hurt in his voice.

"It was nothing serious until Rico and I were in Spain. I didn't want to worry anybody but Ace started getting more violent in gaining my attention. I don't even know the reason why he's so interested in my whereabouts after the pack was wiped out." I ran a hand through my hair in frustration, leaning back in my seat.

"We're going to figure this out -"

"No." I shook my head, immediately refusing. "You have your pack to think about, I can't be selfish and put you all in danger. Moon Goddess knows how many people Ace has on his side."

"So, you think you and Rico can beat Ace on your own?" Owen scoffs before standing behind Axel's seat. "Fat chance of that."

"I've had your back since we were kids Kaden, you're not getting rid of me now." Axel grunts, a warning look in his eyes when I open my mouth to protest. "That's final."

I sigh and nod, knowing from experience how stubborn he is. Axel and I were in neighbouring packs when we were kids until his parents relocated the pack to Berlin. We are childhood friends and when I chose Berlin to set up my company, he was ecstatic to meet again.

"Alright. We need to find out why Ace has been following me across Spain, Vancouver and now Berlin. There's got to be some motive, it's not like we were on friendly terms before I left anyway." I grumble, remembering how much Ace despised me.

Before Axel can respond, we hear a loud gasp that has us turning in our seats. I smile widely when I see the familiar faces of Mr and Mrs De Leon. I stand and make my way over to Celia De Leon who has her arms outstretched. She hugs me tightly before pulling my head down so she can reach to kiss my forehead.

I hug Thomas next who claps me on the back, saying how it's good to see me again. They have aged gracefully and I'm so happy to see them after all these years. When I first arrived in Berlin, Axel and Owen told me they were on holiday.

"Kaden honey, I'm so happy you're here. How have you been?" Celia asks, taking a seat beside me.

"Not great apparently." Axel cuts in, making his parents look at us expectantly.

I take a deep breath before explaining the situation to them. The second Celia heard that I had found my mate, it was hard to keep her from bouncing off the walls in excitement, especially when she discovered that she will be meeting Luna today.

"You should have told us sooner boy, you're like another son to us. We're always here for you." Thomas shakes his head, taking the glass of water Owen held out to him.

"Thomas is right, we will get through this together." Celia smiles, before standing abruptly. "Now, I'm going to get breakfast on the table. I would love it if your mate joined us, Kaden. After, we can discuss what to do with Ace."

I smile at the mention of Luna, my beast is restless and urging me to find her. "Of course, I'll go get her."

I leave the family and Rico downstairs before making my way up the stairs and towards the room where I can smell her intoxicating scent the strongest. Opening the door, I slip inside and close it, turning to look at her sleeping peacefully. Ajax growls protectively, wanting nothing more than to take her home and keep her safe.

Making my way to her quietly, I take a seat next to her. Her breathing is even and her soft, dark brown strands are splayed out on the pillow. Just being beside her again makes me realize just how much I have missed her, even if I was gone for two days.

"Luna." I call gently, not being able to resist kissing her cheek.

She grumbles under her breath when I turn her over, swatting her hand blindly in the air so she could push me away. My wolf and I don't like that so I pick her up instead, laying her across my lap. The scent of peaches and vanilla embrace me in a warm welcome and I struggle to resist kissing her soft lips.

Luna sighs and opens her big brown eyes, blinking as they adjust to her surroundings. She stares at my grey coloured coat before looking up to meet my eyes. A surprised gasp escapes her and suddenly, she is tackling me into a hug, wrapping her arms around my neck. I growl softly, sticking my nose into the crook of her neck and inhaling deeply.

In Toronto, all I could think about was getting back to Luna and spending time with my mate. Ajax had been restless the whole time and now he was quiet and content in having her in our sights, safe and sound. Our bond is so much stronger now, so being away from Luna is the hardest thing I have ever had to do after marking and mating with her.

When I pull away, I can't help but scan every inch of her figure, looking for injuries that she thankfully didn't have. I would never forgive myself if my mate got hurt.

"I'm okay." She whispers as she pulls back, resting her hands on my chest.

"You have no idea how relieved I am to see you safe." I sigh, tangling my fingers in her soft hair.

"Kaden...what's going on?" She asks quietly, taking hold of my hand.

"I'll explain everything Luna but first, let's have breakfast okay? You must be hungry." I help her off the bed, watching as she goes to the bathroom to change.

Whilst I'm lost in my thoughts, Luna has brushed her teeth and changed into a new set of clothes she brought over before walking out of the bathroom. I stand with a small smile, intertwining our hands when she is within range before leading us out of the guest room.

"A little warning. You'll be meeting a couple who are like my second parents. Axel and Owen's parents just arrived this morning." I let her know so Celia's excitement isn't overwhelming for her.

She stops suddenly making me look back at her in concern. Her pearly white teeth bite her bottom lip as she stares at me with nervousness. "W-What if they don't like me?"

"Celia hasn't even met you and she already loves you, you'll be fine Luna." I wrap an arm around her shoulders so that she's pressed up against me, feeling her relax at my touch. "And besides, I'll be right there so you won't be alone."

She nods, murmuring a small thank you in return as we make our way down the hallways and the grand staircase that leads us to the last floor. I guide her towards the kitchen where the aroma of food beckons us invitingly. Opening the door, I see everyone seated at the dining table with an array of breakfast food laid out on the table.

We make our way to our seats and I can sense Luna's nerves rolling off of her in waves. Pulling out her seat for her, I press a quick kiss to her temple before taking the seat to her right beside Rico.

"Celia and Thomas, this is my mate Luna Winters. Luna, this is Celia and Thomas De Leon." I make the introductions, trying to hold back a smirk when my mate squeezes my hand under the table.

"It's so nice to meet you sweetie, I'm Axel and Owen's mother and this is their father. I hope you slept well?" Celia pats her shoulder as she places orange juice on the table.

"It's lovely to meet you Mr and Mrs De Leon. I slept very well, thank you for letting me stay at your home." Luna replies softly, smiling at them.

"Now, we'll have no formalities. Call us Celia and Thomas okay?"

Luna nods quickly, making me chuckle and rub my thumb across her skin to calm her down somehow. It works and she relaxes, sending me a smile. Natalie enters next and takes a seat beside Luna, greeting everyone as she grabs some pancakes for herself.

As we have breakfast the conversation flows naturally and the subject of Ace Mathers is avoided. Celia is most interested in Luna and continues to ask her about her studies, what she plans to do after, how her family is before switching the topic to our relationship.

"So, how did you two meet?" Celia asks, biting into her toast.

"At the hospital." I answer, smirking when Celia drops her fork and knife.

"What happened?" She asks worriedly, her hazel eyes scanning my figure.

"It was my fault." Axel explains, a guilty look on his face as his mother turns to face him. "I didn't tell the new guards that Kaden was crossing into our territory so they became confused with his scent and attacked."

"Axel!" Thomas speaks angrily, pointing at him with his butter knife. He made himself look even more threatening no matter the useless weapon in his hand. "Mistakes like this can't happen. The guards should be informed of every visit."

"Are you okay Kaden? Was it bad?" Celia asks, concern shining in her eyes which makes my heart clench at how much she reminds me of my equally as caring mother.

"I'm absolutely fine. It was just a few scratches." I lie, feeling Luna and Axel staring at me.

I smile at Celia and Thomas, reassuring them that I'm okay before they resume eating their breakfast. Turning to Luna, I shake my head slightly and she nods in reply, letting me know that she understood why I didn't tell them the truth. Axel shoots me a grateful look and I wave him off, it isn't something I will hold a grudge over.

Because I am both an Alpha and a rogue, my scent is off to other supernatural creatures. It causes others to become confused. I have been attacked many times because of it but I can't blame anyone, it's my father's fault for making me a rogue. Everyone else are just protecting their territories and people, as they should be.

"Oh! I can't wait to see my grand babies!" Celia grins, making me snap out of my thoughts before Axel, Natalie and I groan in embarrassment.

Luna, however, only smiles in response before focusing on her plate of breakfast. Thomas smirks at me whilst Celia is literally bouncing in her seat from excitement. Owen and Rico are struggling to hold in their laughter as they look at anywhere but me. I stare at Luna in bewilderment, wondering how my mate was so calm right now instead of blushing like she usually does in these situations.

She looks up and the smile slips right off her face when she notices everyone staring at her. Her expression is one of confusion as she glances at me, wondering what's wrong.

"Um...just to clarify, she's referring to yours and Kaden's future children too." Natalie whispers in her ear once Celia's attention is diverted, causing Luna to choke on air.

I rub her back, trying to fight back the chuckles threatening to escape at her expression. It's like a deer caught in headlights. Her brown eyes are wide in shock, jaw dropped as she turns to face me for confirmation. I nod, loving it when a bright pink blush appears on her cheeks.

"W-Why?" She whispers meekly as I place an arm around her shoulders and tuck her into my side, I can't get enough of her.

"Because Kaden is literally seen as their fourth child. He may as well change his surname to De Leon." Owen grins at her, chuckling when he finishes his sentence. "He gets all the attention though so mother dearest will be expecting news from him first."

I roll my eyes, flinging a piece of toast at him which he catches. "That's a lie, I do not get all the attention."

"Kaden honey, have some more pancakes! I made them just for you!" Celia picks up the plate and holds it out towards me. I thank her quietly, a sheepish smile on my lips as I refuse to look at Owen or Axel, feeling their gazes burning holes into my head.

"Mom, what did you make especially for me?" Axel asks, a smirk on his face as he stares at me.

Celia looks up with a frown on her ruby painted lips. "Don't be ridiculous Axel, you get your favourite food all the time."

Everyone at the table bursts into a fit of laughter as Axel slouches, grumbling as he picks at his breakfast whilst Natalie tries to console him, fighting back a smile herself.

I've missed this.

Next update: Tuesday!

Please Vote and Comment!

- R.W.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 22.9K 5
Excerpt only: I quickly run in their direction as my claws elongate into fierce points. I watch as a man in all black strikes down and kills one of...
168K 4.7K 35
Highest Ranking ~^~ #1 in DarkMagic ; 14/05/2019 #2 in DarkMagic ; 13/05/2019 #72 in Werewolf ; 23/09/2017 #79 in Werewolf ; 07/1/2018 #16 in Element...
181K 1.8K 11
•Completed• Disclaimer; Only FIVE chapters AVAILABLE. FOLLOW my story on 'FICFUN', If you want to know what HAPPENS NEXT. •Top position; 3rd in Writi...
75.8K 2K 8
"Goddess, you're so perfect." he breathed the words, staring up at her as she moved rhythmically up and down above him, her breasts bouncing as he gr...