Friends With Benefits

By GoddessOfAphrodite

Lin and Jake had been friends with benefits since high school. After awhile they decided its not right anymor... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
READ!
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
ANNOUNCEMENT
Epilogue
HELLO

Chapter 32

34.2K 831 538
By GoddessOfAphrodite

Chapter 32- Cutting Connections

~Jake's P.O.V.~

Lin's hands were cold as we sat on the chairs provided for us.

"You alright?" I asked.

It was a stupid question. I knew something was awfully wrong with Lin.

She nodded her head.

For years of knowing her, I was aware when she lies. But right now, I didn't push any further.

She was nervous, I know it. This was her first time to face the media. And right now, we were facing a ton.

"Hey, guys. Sorry we kept you waiting. Gabe was being late as ever," Trent started.

I snickered as the crowd laughed.

Before I could say another come back, Lin's hand gripped my arm. It was painful. I was about to say something but then I noticed the pain in her face.

"Ahh!" she screamed.

My eyes grew wide as her grip grew tighter and tighter. Her other hand was holding her baby bump. And I knew what was happening.

"Lin?"

Teats flooded her eyes as she threw her head backwards. Another scream escaped her lips. I didn't know what I was doing, all I knew was that I had her by arms.

"Call an ambulance!" I heard Luke yell.

"You'll be fine," I whispered to her, but I knew it was also to reassure myself.

As I held her in my arms, I felt a hot liquid. I looked down and saw that there was blood on her legs.

My heartbeat increased.

My baby.

"Shit. Luke, we have to take her by ourselves."

-*-*-*-

We were seated in the waiting room. No one talked. I was nervous, both for Lin and my child. I couldn't bare loosing one of them, or worse, both of them.

I shook my head at the sudden thought of both of them dying.

No. Stop it, Jake!

I placed my head in my hands as I released a groan.

What the hell is happening in there?

A felt a hand on my shoulder, but I didn't bother to look who it was. All I could think about was Lin and our unborn child.

Please, let this be some false alarm.

"Mr. Grey?"

I lifted my head up immediately. In front of me was a doctor in a scrub suit. Instantly I was on my feet.

"Is my wife and child okay?" I asked.

The doctor's expression made me crumble. Something was definitely wrong.

"Your wife's condition is now stable," she said.

I was relieved. She was okay.

"And my baby?"

The doctor pursed her lips into a thin line.

My heart thumped in my chest painfully.

"I'm sorry, but we couldn't save the baby."

-*-*-*-

I was sat at the far corner of the room. I had my eyes on her. Her slow breathing confirmed that she was still asleep. The chair beside her bed was empty but I couldn't get myself to sit beside her.

My baby is gone...

I didn't want to accept it, but the truth was in front of my face.

Hot tears were running down my cheeks. Right now, I didn't care if someone saw me. I just lost my child.

-*-*-*-

I saw Lin move. She turned her head as if she was examining the place. I wanted to speak, but I couldn't get myself to do it. Instead I just remained in my seat and watched her.

She groaned in pain. I wanted to badly to hold her, but I couldn't get myself to do it.

She struggled to sit up and when she did she leaned against the headrest. I should have helped her, but I couldn't.

Her eyes were focused on me. She was deep in thought.

I was angry. Deep inside I still couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe what I just found out, but it was there in front of me.

She just looked at me in confusion.

"What happened?" she asked, her voice raspy.

It was obvious that she knew exactly what happened.

I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I just stared at her, feeling my insides burn in fury.

The front door opened and in came Drew and Jenna.

"You're awake!" Jenna shrieked.

Her shrieked annoyed me. I didn't know why, it just did.

She threw her bag at Drew and then ran towards Lin.

"What happened?" Lin asked again as Jenna pulled away.

Jenna took a seat on the chair beside her bed and pursed her lips into a thin line. She grabbed Lin's hand in a soothing manner.

"Lin, darling, um..." she trailed off.

It really irritated me.

"Jake, our baby?" Lin asked with her voice cracking.

My heart thumped in chest painfully. I hated how much pain her eyes held. I wanted to comfort her so badly, but I can't bring myself to forgive her.

This was her fault.

"My baby is gone," I said hardly.

Deep inside I don't want to blame her, but it really was. Yes, call me a jerk, but I have my own reasons.

Tears flowed out from her eyes. Immediately she was in Jenna's arms. I should be the one holding her, but I couldn't. It was painful watching her crumble, but this was her fucking fault!

Her sobs became ragged and soon enough she was forming hiccups.

"Honey, calm down," Jenna cooed quietly.

"What the fuck are you doing, Jake!" Drew snapped quietly, so only I could hear.

What the fuck am I doing?

In front of me was the girl I love. She just lost our child. She's breaking and crying. She's hurt.

Why am I not beside her? Why am I not hugging her and soothing her with words?

I mentally shook my head as the previous events pierced in my mind.

Baby.

Pills.

She did this.

"Stop crying!" I snapped and rose from my seat.

Lin looked shocked. Her green eyes was focused on me as I took steps towards her.

Don't give in.

"You did this."

Even the words hurt me.

What the hell are you doing, Jake!

"What?" she choked.

"You did this!"

I felt tears forming in my eyes but I refused to let them out.

"What the hell are you saying, Jake!" she yelled back.

"You fucking killed my child!"

"That's enough, Jake!" Drew snapped.

I turned around. I knew my eyes spelled fury.

"Get the fuck out!"

"No. You're going to do something you'll regret."

I shook my head and shoved him towards the door. "Go away!"

"Calm down, Jake."

I shook my head and shoved him harder until his back was pressed against the door.

"Stop it, Jake!" Lin screamed.

My body stiffened at her words. I turned around and looked at her.

"Lin, how could you?" It was already inaudible but I knew she heard me.

"What the hell are you saying?"

"If you didn't want the baby. You could have told me. Not take some fucking pills and kill my child!" I screamed.

Shock filled Lin's face. She looked like I just slapped her.

"I didn't take-"

I reached in my pockets and threw the bottle of pills towards her bed.

"Tell me, why is that in your bag?"

She took the bottle of some abortion pills with shaky hands. "Did you really think I did this on purpose?"

Did I?

I couldn't answer. Lin couldn't possibly do it. But it was in her bag and there was another one hidden in her cabinet.

Lin shook her head with her eyes closed. "I want divorce."

-*-*-*-

Padionk.

JAKE IS A JERK. IM SORRY.

AND IM A BITCH. SORRY.

Vote? Comment? Follow? Promote?

Thank you!

Always smile :)

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 5K 50
Sequel to Benefits. Dawn and Jake must endure life without each other, but that doesn't last long for the two.
297K 10.1K 44
What will happen when the guy you've been crushing for what feels like forever is paired with your best friend on a fake marriage and you get stuck w...
89.6K 3.3K 33
**Sequel to Coach's Daughter** It is highly recommended that you read that first. __ *Coming May of 2019* Blurb- •There's a reason BF stands for boyf...
1.3K 37 58
Louise owns a cafe with her college best friend Art. She loves coffee, sports, making money and making more money. Art is a vocalist of a very well-k...