The Lone Magician

By Cyclone499

Kuro Hiiragi. Survived in an incident in his childhood, he lived with his sister in a world where magic start... More

Prologue
Ch1- The Prodigy Is The Victim!!??
Ch2- A Lively Night With Rina
Ch4-The Conclusion
Ch5- Hiiragi's Secret
Ch6- Dream.
Ch7-Transfer School
Ch8- Classes Arrangements
Ch9- A Clichè Development
Ch10- Hero or Not
Ch11- Difference of World And Power
Ch12- Debate Of Logic
Ch13- The Records, Meeting and Training
Ch14- The Twin Princess
Ch15- The Plan For This Year
Ch16- A Regular Day
Ch17- An Insulting Battle
Ch18- Hiiragi's Feelings And The First Meeting
Ch19- The Silent Grim Reaper's Beloved
Ch0.5-Side Story-Secret Crush
Ch20- Hiiragi's Sudden Change
Ch21- Hiiragi's Past (Part 1)
Ch22 - Hiiragi's Past (Part 2)
Ch23 - Hiiragi's Past (Part 3)
Short Chapter - Afterwards
Chapter 24 - Sylvie's Punishment
Ch25 - Two Months Later...
Ch26 - Beginning Of The Journey
Ch27 - Her Last Gift
Ch28 - Cliche. The Adventurer Guild
Ch29 - The First Quest
Ch30 - The First Morning Of Two Teenagers....
Ch31 - The Orphanage
Ch32 - Rank Up!
Ch33 - "Isn't it your idea?"
Ch34 - Once Again, Rank Up!
Ch35 - No Alcohol For Him....Or Not?
Ch36 - A Drunken Hiiragi...
Ch37 - "A Drunken Master...Just Kidding!"
Ch38 - The Truth Behind The Strong Magician
Ch39 - The Battle (North)
Ch40 - The Battle (East And South)
Ch41 - The Battle (West)
Ch42 - The Light Of An Angel In Human Form
Ch43 - The Darkness's First Appearance
Ch44 - "What.....is this?"
Ch45 - "You've done very well..."
SORRY, NOT A CHAPTER
Ch46 - An Invitation
Ch47 - Forgotten Best Friend And The Mysterious Girl
Ch48 - Negotiation
Ch49 - Mirage Of The Princess's Beloved
Ch50 - A Mother's Love
Ch51 - All Plans Gone Awry

Ch3-Invitation Of Duel With Flame Princess

3.8K 106 40
By Cyclone499

Hi again. This is the third chapter.
Please enjoy it.
------------------
Magic Society's Hall

"Cheers"

The Magic Society's Hall was filled with many important people. In the sea of people, a pair of brother and sister were standing, looking for their inviter. The boy, Hiiragi walked and searched for the culprit of the invitation to this place. Miyuu, the girl who was timidly following him wore a mask on her face, hiding her cute face by half.

Hiiragi noticed a beautiful young lady being surrounded by men and women. Although he wanted to talk to her, since he was feeling that it would be troublesome, he ignored her and headed to the buffet.

The girl noticed Hiiragi in the corner of her eyes, excused herself and walked after him. As he became nearer, she called out to him.

"Hiiragi-kun."

Hiiragi, knowing that this was unavoidable, replied.

"Yo, Rin."

As Rina was the center point of attention, majority of people are looking at her so they were surprised with the nickname. Many people were paying attention to her from the beginning despite her not being the main character this time.

"You really don't have any other greetings, do you?"

"Not like I have to use it much unlike you who always participate in banquet and party."

Rina pouted as she listened to Hiiragi's reply.

"It's not like I want to but this time it is my best friends birthday so it is special."

"I see."

Hiiragi looked around and noticed a big number of people are looking at them. Miyuu who was holding Hiiragi's hand was trembling because of the excessive attention from men even though it wasn't directed her.

"As I thought, you are an important person in Magic Society right?"

"....... How do you know?"

Rina who was wondering why he thought she is an influential person.

"One, you are a prodigy in magic. Humans will always put a prodigy in a high place and give them important positions to make a name for their organization. Two, many people are watching us. I thought it was because you talking to us who are basically stranger but it's more than that. It may be because you are a prodigy or an important person. Lastly, because many people try to gain your favor back then."

Rina who was listening, was stunned by Hiiragi's deduction. She was listening for the second time but still shocked by his observation.

"...... However, that only gives you a probability of me being a popular person, right?"

Rina tried asking that but unknown to her, it was a trap set by Hiiragi.

"The evidence is your question just now and your shaking eyes. People always wonder, deny or accept but you ask about it. That means, you don't want me know that you are someone important."

Rina could only raise her hands in defeat.

"I give up. I am an important person in this organization. I am the Head-Researcher of Magic Society, Kawai Rina. Mainly researching about magic and runes. Even so, Hiiragi-kun, women don't like men who sniffs around their secrets, you know."

"Like I care. They should hide their secrets better if they don't want people to know. Even if they don't like me, my beloved little sister will always like me."

"..... Hiiragi-kun, are you a siscon?"

"I only have my little sister. Is it wrong to love your only family?"

"...."

Rina only stood there in silence as she didn't know what to say to him. Then, she noticed Miyuu when was shaking with a pale face.

"Hello, Myu-chan."

"!... H-hello R-Rina-onee-chan"

Rina become worried looking at her condition.

"Are you okay? You face is pale, you know. If you want to rest, I can guide you there."

"It's ......okay. I just nervous."

"....Is that so."

Rina was still worried about her but relieved that she was only nervous. She turned to Hiiragi and asked something weird.

"Anyway, Hiiragi-kun do you want to be my assistant?"

The crowd turned wild hearing her offer. For a mere stranger to be offered being an assistant in Magic Society was outrageous moreover the Head-Researcher.

"I refuse."

Without any second to waste, he refused. Rina only stared in shock at him for refusing without any second thought.

Again, the crowd became noisy watching this scene. Rina on the other hand, pressed her forehead to calm down from his immediate refusal.

"Haa, at least can you tell me why you refuse?"

"Because, I could be targeted. Even so, why did you offered me? Don't you think there are many people who are knowledgeable in magic?"

"Well, your deduction skill are that of detective, your deciphering of people talks are top notch and your calmness are really needed in researching."

".... I'm not that great, you know. In the first place, deducing your identity was like a solving a simple puzzle. It's you who exaggerating things."

"Whatever you say, how about your side?"

"As I said before, I could be targeted."

Hiiragi's reasoning was not unreasonable. This era of magic caused many casualties. This was because of magic usage which was hard to investigate. It was reduced after they found a way to search for the culprit yet it was still too much risk for Hiiragi and Miyuu.

Rina didn't want to ask anymore because she knew that he had his own reasons.

"Then, enjoy the party. I will go congrats my friend."

"Yeah."

Rina only walked without turning back. Hiiragi fetched a glass of water without alcohol and gave it to Miyuu. He thought that it would help her calm down.

"Here Myu."

"Thanks Nii."

The crowd ignored them and continued the party but suddenly the door exploded. Practically. A red haired girl walked through the door and shouted.

"Which one of you is Kuro Hiiragi!?"

Hiiragi hearing that, only walked further to the other door. The crowd knowing who he was, opened a way and looked at him to show who Hiiragi was.

The girl, understood the meaning shouted again.

"Wait! Stop moving!"

Hiiragi stopped moving because he knows that this was unavoidable. He turned back while closing his eyes.

The girl walked towards him and grabbed his collar. Hiiragi opened his eyes and saw a cute red haired girl with creased brows. Red hair like flames with shining Ruby eyes. Healthy soft white skin full of life. 169m tall with astounding body. A pretty girl basically.

"You! Why did you get an offer from her!? You don't even have any specialty  and just a nobody yet why did you got offered by her!"

"Can you stop grabbing my collar? In the first place, I don't even know what you are talking about."

"What!? You refused something that I didn't even get after I plead for it yet you just forgot about it!? Unforgivable!"

"Can you explain?"

"Rina-chan's offer!!"

".....Ahh, Rin huh. The assistant thing."

"Yes! The assi- wait. What did you call her?"

A bone chilling voice contrary with earlier rage came out from the girl. The crowd shivered just from hearing it yet Hiiragi didn't feel anything and just shrugged his shoulders.

"Rin. Why?"

"You just call her first name with a nickname and even without respect. Only I can call her first name! The likes of you can only call her with her title or with -sama or -san!"

"........ Then, I'm sorry for that."

"Fine I will forgive you. With one condition."

The girl grinned evilly and stated.

"If you perform a dogeza and beg for forgiveness and let me step on your head, I will think about it. If not, ..... I wondered what will be burn today?"

Miyuu looked at Hiiragi worriedly as she listened to the condition but he looked so calm. Miyuu then glanced at the crimson haired girl who daringly threatened her brother.

The spectators tensed up as the girl's Mana rose and heated the hall. But then, it became silent. The reason is-

"I refuse."

"........What did you say?"

"I refuse."

"-You, do you really want to be grilled by me?"

"Try me, I bet you can't even touch me."

Hiiragi provoked the girl. The girl turned red in anger and asked.

"Do you really think you can defeat me?"

"You never know until you try. I always believed that."

"Then I will prove you wrong."

The girl took off her red glove and threw it to Hiiragi and pointed her finger to Hiiragi and shouted.

"My name is Kurobane Hikari. I, the Flame Princess challenges you in a magic duel with my authority as the mage of Magic Society."

"I, Kuro Hiiragi, a highschool student, accept your challenge."

Right after he accepted the duel, he felt his hand being grabbed tightly. Looking at the culprit he smiled and patted her head saying he would be fine.

The girl, Hikari headed towards the training field alone in anger. Hiiragi picked up the red glove and held it.

Then, a white haired boy walked towards Hiiragi. Hiiragi noticed him only looked at him with trust.

The boy, understanding his eye contact nodded and greeted him while Hiiragi follow Hikari. He pulled Miyuu's hands off. She had no one to rely, was scared.

The boy tapped Miyuu's shoulder and greeted her.

"It has been a while Miyu."

"Hia-! Don't surprise me like that Haruto-san."

Miyuu flinched at first but calmed down after knowing who it was.

"You can just call me nii-san you know."

Miyuu didn't hear that and only looked down on the floor. Haruto knew about her trauma so he showed his hand and asked.

"Here, hold my hand."

"Fue-!...... O-okay."

Slowly her hand held his hand and Haruto's eyes were wide opened once he grabbed her hands.

So soft. Hiira is so lucky for having a cute little sister.-he thought. He smiled gently at her and calmed her down. The trembling stopped.

The crowd watched them and was very shocked. The Ice Prince smiled! Moreover, to a girl. This was a big news!

They headed towards the training field without minding the noise.

Miyuu asked Haruto about himself.

"Haruto-san, do you have a title in Magic Society?"

"I was called Ice Prince because of my tendency to use ice. Why?"

"Nothing, just curious."

"....... Don't worry about the attention, I won't let anyone with malice except your brother touch you."

Haruto comforted her. Miyuu was scared of men because of certain incident in the past.

"Will Nii be okay?"

"Yeah, he will win. .......After all he's stronger than me."

Haruto knowing Hiiragi's power, confident that he will win.

------------------
The third chapter complete!

Peace guys~✓!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

882 40 33
A girl who only got shown hatred and disgust, she dies at the hands of her adoptive sister that everyone knows and loves. Her sister is from a place...
793K 31.7K 78
"Did you really think that it was going to be easy to get rid of me?" he raises an eyebrow as I was pushed against the wall. "There isn't anywhere yo...
577 6 13
In the quiet mountain village, Niel's life takes a turn when vivid visions and cryptic messages thrust him into a destiny linked to ancient gods. As...
12K 543 30
Haru, whose life is marked by misfortunes and disappointed hopes, is struck by an unexpected twist of fate. Just when he believed all hope was lost...