Connecting Paths: Kimi No Naw...

By y-ashii

(AN ANIME STORY) Kimi No Nawa: After story. There might be troubles and problems before Taki Tachibana could... More

Your Name.: Connecting Paths
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10: Love Awakening
Chapter 10.1
Prelude
The Lost Chapter

Chapter 7

1.4K 29 4
By y-ashii

"Ohayo, Onee-chan." Smiled Yotsuha.

Mitsuha opened her eyes a little and saw her young sister sitting beside her. The ray of the morning sun made her feel sleepy but she still manage to sit down on bed.

"O-Ohayo, Yotsuha." Smiled Mitsuha, rubbing her eye.

"Nee-chan, you're late for work. Aren't you going today?" Ask Yotsuha as she stood up.

"God! Yeah! I'm gonna be late!" Mitsuha ran towards her bathroom. "Thanks for telling, Yotsuha!"

The little girl giggled and went down the stairs for the morning breakfast.

"No..." Said Mitsuha as she hurried up from bathroom towards her room. "I mustn't be late for the meeting!"

Mitsuha immediately went down when she got ready for work. She took two sandwiches lying down on a tray and hurriedly wear her shoes.

"I gotta go!" Shouted Mitsuha whilst eating the two sandwiches as she close the door.

•••••

Mitsuha got late for work in like 19 minutes but manages to reach for the meeting.

"Okay!" Said Mitsuha as she banged her bag on her desk, making her officemates look at her in surprised.

"Sorry." Apologizes the protagonist as she bowed down a little in front of the crowd.

"Mitsuha!!" Shouted her friend at the distance.

Mitsuha looked for the person who shouted and caught her attention by a girl who's running towards her.

"Mitsuha? Taki Tachibana's calling you."

The girl that approached Mitsuha was Sayacchi.

"Sayacchi?! How did you got here? I thought you're at the café."

Sayacchi smiled and giggled for a little. She raised her hand and wiped the sweat off her face to show Mitsuha that she ran towards the building. "Nope, I'm not at the café that time. But know what? Answer the phone first. I'll continue later."

"Oh right."

Mitsuha put the phone next to her ear. "Hello?" She expected that Taki would answer immediately but, guess that Taki had already put the phone down.

"I think he ended the ca—"

Rring rring rring

Mitsuha giggled as she put the phone near her ear again. This time, she knew that Taki would really answer immediately.

"Taki-kun?"

"Ohayo, Mitsuha. Gommenasai for disturbing you at work."

Mitsuha laughed a little. "No not really. Why did you call?"

"Well, I tried calling you on your own number but I guess I can't contact you."

"Huh? Wait a second."

Mitsuha place the phone down at her desk. She tried to find her phone, but then, she did found out that her phone's shut down.

"Mitsuha?"

"Yes, I'm here. Sorry, I found out that my phone is out of battery."

Taki laughed a bit. "Ok, I'm just worried."

"Well, I must go now."

Mitsuha almost press the 'end call' button but a voice suddenly caught her attention. "Mitsuha."

"Ah yes?"

"Are you free this Saturday morning?"

"Um, yes. Actually. Why?"

"Maybe we could go out? Some time?"

Mitsuha smiled because of great enjoyment. She got excited for the their next date.

"Yeah, I would love to. Let's do it. So, when, I mean, where?" Smiled Mitsuha.

"Hmm, I heard there's a new café nearby the place where you work." Said Taki.

"Yeah, sure. I'm hoping for that." Giggled Mitsuha.

"So, that's all. Please don't forget about it, okay?"

"Yes, ok."

"Bye, I love you."

"Good bye, I love you too, Taki."

.

.

Sayacchi reached her hand in front of Mitsuha, meaning to give her phone back.

Mitsuha gave it immediately and opened her mouth for she's going to ask a question. "Please, let's continue our conversation."

"Ah, yeah. Like I said, I wasn't at the café. I was walking outside— Sayacchi pointed her pointer finger to the busy people down the streets— at the city then it happened that Taki called me. He ask if I'm with you, so when he discovered that you're not, he ask me if I could bring my phone to you. Of course, I said 'yes'."

"Oh, ok." Said Mitsuha. She don't know what to say anymore.

"I must go now, Mitsuha. Teshie's waiting for me by now." Smiled Sayacchi as she put her phone in her pocket and turned her back to Mitsuha.

Mitsuha nodded and continue working. She's still curious on what will happen later and why Taki is so excited for it.

•••••

"Hey, Taki?" Asked Mitsuha on the phone.

Mitsuha's work is done and as time passed by, she got more curious on what will really Taki do later.

"Hey, Mitsuha. How is your work?" Ask Taki gladly.

"All good, hey Taki." Called Mitsuha as she walk slowly in circle.

"Yes, Mitsuha?"

"What is it about later?"

Taki stopped and he didn't answer. Then he suddenly ended the call.

"Taki?" Asked Mitsuha worriedly.

Mitsuha put down her phone. She began to worry about what happened to Taki, but she also know one thing.

Taki's been acting weird lately. What happened to him?

Mitsuha stopped walking in circles. She took her stuffs and went down on the stairs to go home. She can't stop thinking about what happened on Taki. But she doubts that Taki might be doing something else, much important.

But as Mitsuha got out of the building, she got surprised that Teshie was in front, waiting for her.

"Teshie? Why are you here? Aren't you with Sayacchi?"

Teshigawara didn't answer but he smiled. He looked down to his feet before answering Mitsuha's question. "I'll bring you home."

Mitsuha's eyes widened, she know there's still a date with Taki. She wanted to stay but Taki's taking too long to come. "Ok, I'll come with you."

Teshie waved his hand to show Mitsuha to follow her. And Mitsuha did.

Everything around Mitsuha seems weird today. First, Sayacchi, then about the date, then about Teshigawara... Nothings seems to go right at this day.

Mitsuha and Teshi kept on walking towards their destination. Mitsuha don't really know where they're going, but soon, Mitsuha saw a café she haven't seen before. Mitsuha then eventually remembered about the new café Taki told her.

So then, Mitsuha felt excitement.

It must be a surprise...

Suddenly, Teshigawara stopped walking, but they haven't reached the new café yet.

"Teshie?" Mitsuha called him in curiousity. She didn't know why Teshie stopped from walking even though they haven't reached the entrance of the café.

"We're not going in the café..." Smiled Teshie.

"Why? You know about the date?" Asked Mitsuha, surprised.

"Yes, it will be great." Smiled Teshie, then he began to run away from her.

"Teshie!!!" Yelled Mitsuha to Teshie.

Mitsuha planned to follow him but he began to lose out of her sight, since the crowds are too busy and many.

"This is so tiring." Said the disappointed Mitsuha. She just walked far from the building and Teshie's just going to ran away from him.

"I'll just go in the café. I'm really tired and thirsty." Mumbled Mitsuha as she crossed the street to go in the café.

Mitsuha ordered a drink and she went on the side of the café so she could see people going there and here outside.

"Kon'nichiwa, Mitsuha!" Yotsuha called for her.

Mitsuha got surprised that she almost spilled her drink. "Yotsuha?! How did you get here?"

Yotsuha did a sign to make Mitsuha follow her, just like Teshie's. She then ran towards the back of the café and eventually she ran to follow her.

At the back of the café, Yotsuha disappeared but she saw a blue door. She walked slowly but she don't want to get caught that she's going in a place costumers or any people shouldn't go.

As she opened the blue door, she saw nothing but darkness. "Yotsuha? Are you here?"

Nobody answered her. So she enters the room slowly, trying to find the switch. Suddenly the blow of the wind shut the door closed.

"Yotsuha?!" Called Mitsuha once more, but she felt fluttered.

Then suddenly someone opens the light and all of the sudden, Mitsuha saw a crowd of people she knows in front of her.

"Congratulations, Mitsuha!!" Shouted the crowd infront of her, which made her heart jump a little.

Mitsuha stopped for a minute. She saw many balloons and many foods by the table infront of the crowd.

"What do you mean congratulations?" Asked Mitsuha. She don't know what to say and what to do. She can't think right after her relatives, officemates and friends greet and congratulate her for no reason.

Her sister, who's with the crowd of people. walked towards her and eventually hugged her. "I love you, onee-chan."

Mitsuha just ride with the flow and hug her dear younger sister too. "I.. Love you, too, Yotsuha..."

The cute Yotsuha smiled. She opener her mouth to say one thing that made Mitsuha burst into tears. Tears of joy.

"I'll be the flowergirl, okay?"

Yotsuha immediately ran back to the crowd and one of them, Sayacchi, came towards Mitsuha who was still crying.

"Hey, Mitsuha. Stop crying." Said Sayacchi as she wipe her bestfriend's tears off her eyes. "We'll have babies."

Mitsuha suddenly stop crying as her last tear drop down. "You're pregnant?!"

Sayacchi smiled and looked behind her. Her husband was walking towards Sayacchi.

"I'm glad for you, guys." Smiled Mitsuha, hugging her two dear best, bestfriends.

After the hug, the two walks back to the crowd, as Teshie is holding Sayacchi's shoulder.

"Thank you for congratulating me, guys." Smiled Mitsuha as she look to the crowd's faces one by one. "But, really, what's the reason of this, everything of these?"

Suddenly, the crowd split into two. Then ask Mitsuha look at the center of the crowds, she saw the love of her life, Taki Tachibana.

"T-Taki?" Said Mitsuha as she started crying.

Taki walks slowly towards her, with a bouquet of flowers on his hands, a nice black suit and a nice hairstyle. Taki looks like a new person with a new personality and attitude.

Mitsuha kept on lowering her head down, only looking at her feet. She don't really want Taki to see her crying, for she don't want him to worry.

"Mitsuha." Called Taki as he stopped in front of Mitsuha. "Mitsuha, please look at me."

Mitsuha's heart thump faster than before. She haven't experience this kind of joy before in her whole life. "I.. Don't want you to see me crying."

"No, please." Taki said sincerely, which made Mitsuha to look up at Taki with red face and with a red, watery eyes.

Taki held Mitsuha's face and wiped off the tears. "I love you, Mitsuha." Said Taki as he gave the bouquet of flowers to his loved one. "I don't want to lose this kind of moment. I really want to marry you. I've been looking for you for the rest of my life and I can't wait to be with you for the rest of my days, forever and ever."

Mitsuha laughed even though her tears won't stop from falling. "Don't you feel nervous after saying those things to me?"

"No. Not really. But if you're nervous, then I am too. If you're crying, I'll cry too. If you're happy, then I'll be happy too. And if you felt lonely, just remember I'll always be with you."

"Please stop, Taki." Laughed Mitsuha as her tears fall again. "You're making me cry."

Taki giggled as he heard it all. "I love you, Mitsuha. Okay, please, close your eyes."

"Ok." Answered Mitsuha as she did it without peeking.

.

"Here it comes." Smiled Sayacchi to Teshigawara. "I've been waiting for this to happen."

"I love you, Sayacchi and I love you to our baby." Smiled Teshi as he holds his wife's midriff.

.

Taki kneeled his one knee as his one knee keeps him for support. He showed the box with a ring in it in front of Mitsuha.

Mitsuha's eyes are still closed and waiting for Taki to tell her to open her eyes. She's still patiently waiting for that one surprise Taki's about to show her.

"Taki?" Asked Mitsuha, as she hold the bouquet tighter.

"Open your eyes." Commanded Taki. And as Mitsuha followed him, her heart began to thump faster and faster.

Both her hands were on her face for because of her feelings were mixed up, which she let the bouquet of flower fall down on the ground. She didn't notice. Because she only felt joy, flutter, nervousness, shocked and a lot more.

"Will you marry me, Mitsuha Miyamizu?" Asked Taki as he hold the box to Mitsuha, showing the silver, shiny ring on the small pillow of the box. Mitsuha stared at the ring as she took the bouquet again. She can't believe this is happening to her right now.

"I promise, I'll never leave you, I'll make you happy, I'll treat you as my queen, and I'll give you your happiness and I will always be a great husband to you."

Mitsuha started crying again. The crowds also cry because of the scene they're watching. Even though Yotsuha's still a highschool girl, she knew that they'll live happily ever after, and, they'll always be together forevermore.

Mitsuha smiled and knew that her happiness is already in front of her. She knew her future is in front of her already. And she trust Taki for all of it.

Mitsuha looked at the crowd. They were all smiling to her, as no one. No one objects from their love. Mitsuha smiled and turn her attention to Taki, who's still kneeling in front of her. And she only know one answer for this...

"I want to live the rest of my life with you. So, Hai... I do."

Taki felt so hapiness so after he heard Mitsuha's "yes", he immediately lift Mitsuha up and kissed her tenderly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 52 49
Mitsuha Miyamizu is a 25-year-old hardworking employee working in The Tachibana Industries as a jewelry designer. She leads a rather simple life and...
16.5K 679 17
"๐™™๐™ค๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™—๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค." โค…in which mitsuya takashi meets a girl outside of the convenience sto...
44.2K 3.4K 31
What if instead of Neil it was Manjari who died in that unfortunate incident. How will it impact the Abhimanyu and Akshara relationship? Will they re...
110K 2.2K 14
COMPLETED. My rendition of Mitsuha and Taki's reunion following the final scene in the movie Kimi no Na Wa/ Your Name.