Tangled Hearts

By dreamerkr96

Zara Ahmed is your ordinary girl, or so she thinks. She wants nothing more than to make her parents proud and... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy (last chapter)
AUTHOR'S NOTE - IMPORTANT!
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-One

8.9K 504 806
By dreamerkr96

Zara's POV

We reach the hotel at 3:15pm. We will go to our suite, freshen up and get changed before heading to the meeting. Thankfully, the office is just a five-minute drive from the hotel we are staying at. We grab our bags, and Zaid parks his car in the car park of the hotel. Then, we make our way inside, into the lobby. The hotel is magnificent. It's huge, and I can tell as soon as I walk in, that it is very luxurious and must be very expensive. Of course it must be. Zaid wouldn't stay at any random hotel. It must be up to his standards. I smirk.

The lobby of the hotel is all white and marble. Everything is spotless and looks polished. Perfect for someone like Zaid. We go to the reception, and Zaid asks for the keys of our suite. The young, female receptionist hands him the keys, eyeing him up and down. She bats her eyelashes at him. I roll my eyes. He has this effect on all women, and also some men. I don't blame them at all, though. I see that the receptionist tries to flirt with him, but either Zaid doesn't notice, or he ignores her attempt to flirt. She tells us that our suite is on the 7th floor of the hotel, and points towards the lifts, giving us directions on where to go.

Zaid replies politely and thanks her, before we head over to the lifts. We take a lift to the 7th floor, and reach there in a few seconds. Even the lifts are amazing and spotless. I've never been to a hotel this beautiful before. We find our suite on the 7th floor, and Zaid unlocks the door. Wow. My eyes widen as I take in the view in front of me.

It's huge. No normal hotel room, or rooms, would be this big. We step into the room, which is connected to another bedroom. So we will be staying in different rooms, good. However, although the rooms are connected, they have a huge, glass wall in between which separates them. Both the rooms look identical, it almost seems as though the glass wall which separates them is a mirror. It isn't, though. Both the rooms contain a huge, king-sized bed which is right in the middle of the room. The beds are covered with white and gold silk bedsheets, and the rest of the furniture is also white and gold. The furniture such as the dressers and cupboard are a beautiful, sparkling white. The rug is gold, matching the curtains and bedsheets. Both rooms contain the exact same furniture, but there is one bathroom.

'I'm taking this room,' I say to Zaid, sitting down on the bed.

He laughs and nods. "Okay, sure. But you do know that I'm going to have to walk through your room to go out?" He asks me, raising an eyebrow.

I shrug. 'Yeah, sure.' I'm sure that won't be a problem. Well, I'll be awake before him in the morning, even though I'm not planning on sleeping early tonight.

I realise something. There is a glass wall separating our rooms. That means...he will be able to see me sleeping, and vice versa. I blush instantly. Actually, wait a second. It's gonna be dark when we sleep, so he won't see me.

"And I'm going to drag you out of bed myself if you sleep in too late," he says, mischievously.

I frown. 'Why?! I mean, I'll be awake before you, but I can sleep until whenever I want!' He laughs and shakes his head. He then makes a call and heads to his own room.

A few minutes later, there is a knock on our suite door. Not the door that separates our rooms, but the other door of the suite. I go to open it. It's room service.

'Is this Mr Malik's suite?' The young man at our door asks. Zaid walks up behind me and nods.

The man wheels in his trolley. Food. I'm still not that hungry, to be honest, but I probably will be later on. After serving us our food, he leaves.

"I thought you'd be hungry," Zaid says, giving me a small smile. I blush.

'Not really, but I will be in a while so it's probably a good idea to eat something. Thank you, by the way,' I say to him.

He smiles. I look at the food on the table in front of us. We are sitting on the white leather sofas in the corner of my room. There's so much food, it's crazy. There are sandwiches, bagels, salads, cookies, doughnuts, cupcakes, and many other things. I'm not that hungry, so I select a chocolate cupcake. Zaid grins.

"You and Hafsa are the same, chocolate lovers!" He says. He selects a vanilla cupcake for himself.

'Well, we are best friends! What do you expect?' I answer. The cupcake is delicious. Zaid smiles.

"I have to admit, I really admire your friendship. It's like, you're closer than best friends if that's even possible," Zaid says.

I nod. 'She's closer than a sister to me.' Zaid for a moment looks at me thoughtfully. What is he thinking now?

After eating as much as we can, Zaid tells me to change into my work outfit.

'You can go and change first, as there's only one bathroom,' he says to me. I nod. I take my bag to the bathroom with me, and change into my outfit which is a black button-up blouse, black straight leg pants and red heels. I touch up my makeup, applying a matching red lipstick. I check my reflection in the bathroom mirror, and walk out.

Zaid is sitting on the sofa in my room. He stands up when he sees me walk out, and he smirks.

'Mr Malik, may I ask why you're smirking?' I ask him, raising an eyebrow.

"I like it. You look great wearing black," he answers.

I grin. 'Wait, what about my heels? Do you like them?!' I ask him.

He laughs. "Yes, Zara. I like the heels, and also the lipstick." I blush.

'Thank you, Mr Malik. You can go and get changed now, the meeting is in half an hour,' I say to him.

"Yes, Miss Ahmed, it is," he says, before heading to the bathroom to get changed. He winks at me, making me blush furiously. He's unbelievable. Crazy.

As he gets changed, I brush through my hair and put it up into a messy bun. It'll have to do. I then decide to ring Mum. She answers on the second ring.

'Zara, I was about to call you. Have you reached?! How's Zaid?' Mum asks frantically. I smile. I'm such an idiot, I forgot to call her when we reached.

"Yes, Mum. Hi. We reached a short while ago, checked into our hotel, we've eaten, and we are about to head to the meeting. Zaid's fine. When did you guys reach?" I ask her.

'That's good, dear. We reached about an hour ago, there was traffic on the motorway. Bhai Abdullah and their family are so happy, and they were asking about you, too! We told them to come and visit soon!' Mum says, excitedly.

I smile. "Aww, that's good, Mum. They should visit!" Mum then asks me about the hotel, and how far it is from the office, so I tell her all that. I'm mid-sentence, when Zaid walks out of the bathroom. He is now wearing a black suit white a white shirt and dark grey tie. His hair is all messy. I bite my lip and blush furiously when I realise that I'm staring at him. He smirks when he catches me staring.

'Zara? Are you there?!' Mum asks. Oh yeah, I'm on the phone to Mum.

"Yeah. Mum, we're going to head to the meeting now. Tell Dad everything's fine over here, I'll call him later. Have fun, okay? Bye!" I don't even know what I'm saying. Zaid looks so handsome. It's not fair.

'Okay, Zara. Bye, dear! I love you! Give Zaid my love too.' I turn off the call.

"Like what you see?" He asks, cocking an eyebrow.

I bite my lip to control my stupid smile and blush. 'No!'

Zaid smirks. Of course he doesn't believe me. He knows how hot he is. There's no question about that.

"Because I was about to say, take a picture. It'll last longer." I scoff. I ignore him, not knowing what to say in reply. He's really handsome and buff. He definitely works out all the time.

********

The meeting goes well. We have another meeting with this company tomorrow, with some other clients, but they seemed very impressed today, with what Zaid had to offer. Of course they would be. I'm sure we'll get this deal. The company would be lucky to work with Zaid on this.

The meeting ends at 7pm. Zaid asks me if I'm hungry, but I'm not because we ate so much before the meeting. Another thing is that I feel so annoyed at all the girls who try to flirt with Zaid, wherever they see him. Can't they see that he's not interested?!

'What do you want to do? Is there any place you want to visit?' He asks me, smiling.

I shrug. "I don't want to go back to the hotel and sleep early, so I don't mind. Where do you want to go?" I reply.

So, Zaid takes me to see the London Eye and Big Ben. I've been here before, but I was really young and I don't remember anything. It's so much fun, though, especially as I'm here with Zaid. After that, as we are both not tired, we visit the art gallery and the National History Museum. It's really interesting and enjoyable. I like doing anything, as long as I'm with Zaid.

We exit the museum, talking about where we want to go to eat. We decide on a local pizza place, as both me and Zaid want classic margherita pizza.

We are walking to the car park, when two girls approach us. I frown when I see them batting their eyelashes and doing whatever they can to flirt with Zaid. It's making me angry. One of the girls touches his chest lightly, and I frown harder. Can't they just go away? I look at Zaid to see that he's looking back at me, looking amused. He's amused now, is he? I glare at him. The two girls don't notice though, they're too busy ogling over him and flirting with him.

'You're such a cutie. Here, I'll give you my number. If you want a good time, call me. I'll be waiting, baby,' she says, getting out her phone. I just stand there angrily. I freeze when Zaid wraps an arm around my shoulders. What's he up to now?! He brings me closer to himself. I glare at him again. He's smirking now.

I elbow him but he doesn't let go of me. I feel the butterflies in the pit of my stomach, fluttering crazily. Ugh. Why do I have to feel this way around him?! And why am I getting jealous?

"Sorry girls, I'm not interested. I'm married, I'm here with my wife," he says, smiling.

My eyes widen and I look up at him. What's he up to now?! I'm his wife?!

'Oh, she's your wife? Okay, but that's no problem. If you need someone else, or some fun, then give me a call.' The other girl says. I'm furious now. Why can't they just go away?!

I lean into Zaid slightly, surprising him. "He won't need anyone else, he's perfectly happy. Aren't you, baby?" I ask, looking up at Zaid. I lightly place a hand on his chest. He pulls me in closer.

'Yes, I'm perfectly happy, wifey. Sorry, girls,' he says. He looks like he's having fun for some reason. Idiot. Moron.

"That's a shame you're married! You're not wearing a ring though?" The first girl says to Zaid, before shooting me a dirty glare.

'We don't wear our rings all the time. We got married only a few months ago, can't you see we're perfectly happy? We're expecting our first baby, too,' I say, smiling widely at the two girls.

They both look at me, shocked. "You're pregnant?!" They both ask at the same time. I nod, trying to look at serious as I can, before I look at Zaid. He's trying his best to contain his laughter. I elbow him, he coughs, trying not to laugh.

'Yes, we're having a baby in seven months time,' Zaid says, before looking down towards the ground. He's about to burst out laughing, I can feel it as he's holding me so close. The butterflies, by the way, are still there, stronger than ever.

"But your stomach is flat!" One of the girls comments, pointing.

I roll my eyes. 'You don't just get a nine-month pregnant stomach overnight.' Zaid laughs at this.

"We should get going, baby," Zaid says to me, his eyes glinting with mischief and amusement.

'Yeah, we should. I'm hungry. And I have to eat for two now, so we should go. Girls, my husband can't take your number, but if you want to be friends with me, I don't mind,' I joke.

They look upset. One of the girls is about to speak, but I interrupt her.

'It was nice meeting you both, we have to go now, though. Baby can't wait for food,' I say, dragging Zaid by his hand and running to his car. When we reach the car, Zaid doubles up in laughter. He looks at me, shaking his head. He has tears in his eyes from laughing so much. I glare at him.

'So we're married now, are we?' He asks me. I blush.

"Shut up. Can we go now? I'm hungry."

'Yes, you have to eat for two now, so we'll go. I didn't think you'd feel so jealous,' he says, raising an eyebrow. He looks amused, and happy.

"I'm not jealous," I mutter. Lies. Lies. Lies. I was so jealous. I don't want any girl to look at Zaid like that, I can't see him with anyone. I'm going crazy.

'Sure you're not. Tell me, wifey. Why were you jealous?' I blush when he calls me 'wifey'.

"Don't mention this to anyone. Ever," I say to him.

'Okay, wifey.' He starts the car.

"Zaid! You're impossible! That was just a joke," I mutter.

He smirks before driving off. 'It didn't feel like a joke when you kept sending me dirty, jealous glares.'

I don't say anything. I was jealous. I can't see Zaid with anyone. Why did I feel so good when he was holding me like that? Why did I want to be even closer to him? I close my eyes, sighing.

'Zara, you don't need to be jealous. I'm not interested in any of those girls,' he says seriously.

"I don't care." Why do I feel so...angry? Why does this bother me so much? Why can't I get Zaid out of my mind, even when he's right next to me?

'Are you angry with me?' He asks, worried.

"No, why would I be angry?" I reply. I am, though. But more than that, I'm bothered because of this. I don't know what this is that I feel, but it's damn strong.

'I'm sorry, wifey,' he says, sadly. I feel tears rise to my eyes. I must be about to start my period. That's why I'm getting so emotional.

I laugh when I hear him call me 'wifey'.

"Why are you apologising? You've done nothing wrong." Except make me feel this way. It doesn't feel wrong at all, though.

He smiles at me.

********

We eat pizza and fries at a local pizza place. The pizza is amazing, it's the best I've ever had. I can't eat too much of it, though. I feel uneasy. No, I don't feel uneasy. I don't know how I feel. Zaid sits opposite me as we eat, and every time I glance up at his face, I feel the butterflies in my stomach. I don't understand this at all. Actually, it's more that I don't want to understand it. I didn't feel this way when I was with Hamza. That was nothing compared to this.

When I'm with Zaid, I feel so happy. I feel so content and protected from all harm. When I see him smile like this, it makes me smile too. I love seeing him smile like this, he deserves to be happy always. I feel jealous when I see him even talking to another girl. I can't imagine him getting married to someone. I would hate that girl who he marries. I don't want to go back home. I want to stay here with him.

********

I'm silent throughout the car journey back to the hotel. Zaid tries to make conversation with me, but I don't talk much. I'm lost in my thoughts. Thoughts only of him. Ever since he came back from the US, my feelings for him have just increased. Before starting work with him, I hoped so much that my stupid little crush for him would disappear. But it didn't. And this isn't just a crush anymore, because it hurts so much. My heart constricts with pain when I imagine Zaid with someone else. I feel like I can do anything just to see him smile. I love his smile, and his laughter. And his company.

When we reach the hotel, it's nearly 11pm. Zaid asks me if I want coffee, like I said earlier. I decline, saying I have a headache and that I think I should sleep.

He looks worried. 'Zara, you have a headache? I have some paracetamol. Take it, you'll feel better.'

I look up at him. He's worried for me. I shake my head. "No thanks, it's okay. I'll be better in the morning. You should sleep too, we have another meeting tomorrow."

He nods. 'I don't want to go back tomorrow, though. I love it here, with you.' Me neither, Zaid. I don't want to go back, either. I want to stay here forever. He obviously doesn't mean it in the same way as me, though. I feel something completely different. Something I've never felt before.

I look up at him and chuckle. My eyes are welling up with tears, though.

"Me too, Zaid."

********

Zaid's POV

I'm about to say something, but Zara goes into the bathroom to change. I want to say so many things to her. Zara looked upset now, for some reason. I could see the tears in her eyes. I can't see her upset.

We've just been in London since this afternoon, but I can honestly say that it's been the best day of my life. I've never had so much fun before, and been so happy, than I have with Zara today. I love spending time with her. I honestly don't want to go back tomorrow evening, I want to stay here with her.

I felt so happy before, when I saw her feel jealous because of those girls. She knows that I wasn't interested at all in them, though. I'm not interested in anyone, except her. I love seeing Zara smile and laugh. I especially love seeing her blush due to me.

A few minutes later, she walks out of the bathroom, wearing a half-sleeved, full-length nightgown. She has washed her face, removing her makeup. She looks even more beautiful now. She looks hot in that nightgown.

She gives me a small smile. 'Ready for bed?' I ask her. She blushes and nods.

"Go and get changed, and sleep. I'll drag you out of bed in the morning if you sleep in till too late," she says. I chuckle when I realise that she said the exact same thing as I did earlier.

I head to the bathroom and change into a white t-shirt and navy tracksuit bottoms. When I go back out, Zara is about to get into bed. She looks beautiful, and she's driving me crazy. If I don't go to my own room right now, I don't know what I'll end up doing.

'Goodnight, Zara,' I say, giving her a smile.

She glances at me and gives me a small smile. She still looks upset, like she will cry. I can't stand to see her like this.

"Goodnight, Zaid." I reluctantly walk to my room and get into bed after switching off the light. Zara has also switched off the light in her room. I want to be with her. I know that she's upset right now, and I can't see her like this. I don't want her to sleep in this state. I want to know why she's feeling this way.

********

Zara's POV

After switching off the lights, I slip into bed and finally let the tears escape. I'm crying my heart out. Because I've realised something. I've realised something which I cannot change. I have fallen for Zaid, and I've fallen so hard. I don't know the exact point in time that I fell for him, but I can't do anything to change the way I feel. I can't ignore these feelings anymore, I can't make them disappear.

Zaid sees me as a friend. He's my friend, too. But I feel so much more than just friendship for him. I want him to like me back. I want to change the way I feel, but I know it's not possible. I've fallen for him, and there's no getting out of it now.

I cry and cry, for what feels like forever. I can't stop the tears. How did this happen?! How did I develop these feelings for him? He's Hafsa's brother! He's my friend! I can't ignore these feelings, though.

Suddenly, the lights of the room flicker on. I didn't lock the door. It's Zaid. I know it is. I can feel his presence in here.

'Zara?' He calls out my name. I freeze, covering my face with the duvet and wiping away my tears as best as I can.

'Zara, I know you're awake. I need to talk to you.' Oh no.

Being the idiot that I am, I sit up, looking down into my lap.

'Zara! You're crying! Are you okay?!' He asks frantically.

I look up at him, about to argue saying I'm not crying, but the tears spill again. I can't control them. Seeing Zaid's face makes me all emotional again.

I slowly get out of bed, standing up. Zaid takes a step closer to the bed, worried. He again asks me what's wrong.

I cry harder and run to him, hugging him as tight as I can. He hugs me back straight away, whispering comforting words into my ear.

'It's okay, Zara. Don't cry. Please, I can't see you like this,' he whispers. That just makes me cry even harder. I hug him tighter, clutching onto his shirt and digging my nails into his back. He holds me close. I've fallen so hard for him. I don't know what to do.

Gosh, I feel so good here, in his arms. His hug is comforting. I can't relax my mind, though. I want to stay here with him, and I swear if I see him with any girl again, or if I see any girl try to flirt with him again....I'll be so mad.

He rubs small circles into my back, to comfort me. I relax instantly. His touch does wonders to me.

Somewhere in my mind, I've always known that I feel this way towards Zaid. I've always tried to change how I feel towards him, to ignore my feelings, but I can't anymore. It's no longer a stupid crush. It's something much, much more.

********

Hi guys! How are you all? Well, I hope? What did you think of this chapter?! Zara finally admits to herself that she's fallen for Zaid. What do you think about this?

What did you think of the scene where the two girls were flirting with Zaid and Zara got jealous? It was so much fun writing that scene, and how they pretend that they're married.

What was your favourite scene in this chapter? Let me know!

I love you guys loads and loads, honestly more than you can imagine! Zara and Zaid love you too! Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter! And stay tuned for the next chapter! Bye, my lovelies! ❤️ x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 1.7K 118
Islamic story. Vote. Zamzam Maleek,a shy,introverted,independent 17 year old girl who has a very loving and wealthy family and has only one dream tha...
649K 46.2K 56
| ZAEEF BOOK I | -UNEDITED- "So destiny huh" he said and I looked away. Destiny. "It was all Allah's plan. Guess my prayers got answered" he said...
4.8K 304 24
Young Zahra loses her parents and lives with her abusive uncle. At the age of 23 years old, she finally manages to run away from her abusive home in...
4.1K 533 35
# 1 in destiny series..... __________________ Story of Zaviyaar Aqib Khan and Aaliyana Faisal Rajput. ________________ Zaviyaar CEO of Khan Industri...