After All This Time

By Stormy_Mountains

Jamie Fairchild 18 years old, shadowhunter since age 10 is better known as Elizabeth Lovelace. Leaving the wo... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Final Authors Note + Sequel Title Contest

Chapter 40

3.4K 75 3
By Stormy_Mountains

Elizabeth's POV

I sit on my bed for a bit longer staring at the picture of Jace, Izzy, Alec and I together of Izzy on Jace's back and me on Alec's. I think about what Jace said about taking my own advice and let him in, even just a little bit. I groan and get off my bed walking out of my room to the main hall to help Izzy with decorating for the wedding. When I get there she and Alec are talking, I think about going back to my room like a coward but that's not me, I must face the thing I don't want to. At least that's what 'dad' Lovelace always said, clearly, he never took his own advice, I don't want to be like that.

"Now with all the dignitaries arriving for the wedding mom must be beside herself." Izzy says looking at the silverware. I make my way over now before I convince myself to turn around.

"This wedding is becoming more of a headache than I had planned." Alec says with his back facing me.

"You don't have to go through with this if you don't want to." I say announcing myself.

"Ellie!" Izzy says running up to me and hugging me. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd come help. Jace and I got talking and he made me realise something." I say, she smiles. "I over heard your conversation when I got here. You don't have to go through with-it Alec." I say hoping he will call it off, but I know he wont. It takes a minute, but he responds reluctantly.

"It's what I want." He says straight faced.

"Okay." I say then turn to Izzy. "What can I do then?"

"Are you sure?" She asks, I nod.

"Yah, if this is what Alec wants then I want to help make it worth it. We were best friends before feelings got in the way right Alec, why not go back to that place." I say turning to him. He just slowly nods, and Izzy wraps her arms around me.

"Well we can start by throwing him a bachelor party!" She says excitedly.

"Oh, my angel yes!" I say truly excitedly.

"A what?" Alec asks confused.

"A bachelor party." Izzy says again.

"I don't need a bachelor party." He says.

"Please Alec! It's going to be great I promise!" I plead to him. "Come on this is the first thing about this wedding I'm actually excited about. Let me at least do this one thing for you." He starts walking away, Izzy and I follow him.

"Besides nobody needs a bachelor party Alec, but were going to throw you one anyway." Izzy says.

"Well Jace should be the one throwing it, but I'm practically Jace so I'm the next best thing." I say, Izzy and I stop as Alec continues walking.

"Besides with everything going on with Clary, I don't wanna ask him to do anything. You know what I mean?" Izzy says to him, he turns to face us while walking.

"I do, sisters can really drive you nuts sometimes." Alec says, I smirk because he's taking about Iz going all out on this wedding.

"Okay so now what?" I ask her.

"Now we go to Simon." She says and starts walking to the front of the institute.

"Uh, what? Why?" I ask catching up to her confused as to why we are going to see him.

"I know nothing about throwing a bachelor party, Simon is a mundane, was a mundane I'm sure he knows something." She says.

** 15 minutes later **

"I never realized how long but nice of a walk this trip is." I say when we arrive at the Hotel DuMort. "I'm used to portaling here, the few times I've actually come here." We walk into the hotel and are greeted by a bunch of vampires led by Raphael.

"What do you shadowhunters want?" He asks teeth out.

"Wow Raphe, I didn't think I changed that much." I say walking towards him.

"Ellie." He says putting his teeth away. "and Isabelle, my apologies. After the attack on the hotel thanks to you and your friends, security has been bumped up. What can I do for you?" He asks.

"We're here to see Simon. Mind letting us go up? I swear on your casket we won't harm anyone." I say. He looks me up and down than does the same for Izzy.

"I guess it's fine. One of my clan members will take you up." He says waving for someone to take us up.

"Thank you, Raphe-" I say but he stops me.

"Don't thank me, you must stay down here, Isabelle can go up." He says allowing Izzy by.

"Really mature Raphe. Are you still bitter about me forgetting your 60th birthday?" I ask kidding. "Come on, I was like 9, I didn't remember a lot at that age." He just glares at me. "Fine, Go a head Iz. I'll wait here with Raphe." I say to her.

"You sure?" She asks.

"Yah. Totally, I'll be fine." I tell her. "But please hurry, there's only so much Vampire I can take sober." She nods and walks up the main stairs to Simon's room. Just as she disappears at the top of the stairs I feel something in my chest drop and a pain in my wrist. I stumble back almost falling but Raphe catches me before I hit the floor.

"Hey, hold on." He says as he vamp speeds to another room that isn't full of vamps. He sets me sown on the table, so I don't fall if I was standing. "What's wrong?" He asks actually concerned.

"Aw, you do care about me." I joke as I feel the pain in my wrist again. "Ow."

"What. What happened?" He asks concerned.

"My... Wrist." I say in pain, he grabs my wrist lightly and looks at it.

"Uh, Ellie. This doesn't look normal." He tells me, and I look seeing symbol on my wrist. (A/n The symbol above is what shows up on her wrist)

"No. Oh no, no, no." I say realizing what it is.

"What?" Raphe says.

"Magnus..." Is all I can get out before my wrist shoots with pain again. "OW! FUCK!"

"Magnus? What's wrong with Magnus." He asks trying to get a full answer out of me.

"Something happened to Magnus, he's in pain. I have to go." I say standing up and walk to the nearest wall, being able to catch my balance now that the symbol is starting to settle into my skin. I let out a shaky breath before opening a portal and walking through to Magnus' loft.

"MAGNUS!" I yell but get no response, I yell again. "MAGNUS!" Still no answer, I start to panic and open a portal to Jace's room.

"Ellie?" Jace asks from the bathroom when he hears my portal open. I'm about to reply but I feel the pain in my wrist again.

"Ow!" I say and fall to my knees grabbing my wrist.

"Ellie oh my god! What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing I'm fine." I say. "What's wrong with Magnus?"

"What do you mean? Ellie what hurts?" He says holding my shoulders and looking into my eyes.

"My wrist but I'm fine, what happened to Magnus?" I ask again, Jace grabs my hand to look at my wrist.

"Elizabeth, what is this mark?" He asks still ignoring my question.

"It's a linking spell that Magnus put on him and I, if ever the other is hurt this symbol shows up and stays until they are better and by the Angel Jace answer the fucking question please." I yell at him pulling my wrist back. "What. Happened. To. Magnus.?" I ask hoping to get an answer out of him. He looks at me sadly then lets out a breath.

"Magnus is okay, he isn't hurt physically." He says but I cut him off before he could continue.

"What do you mean not physically? What's wrong with Magnus. Please JC I need to know." I say pleading.

"Ragnor Fell passed away." He says and my heart drops, Magnus' best friend. Him and Magnus were the only really family I had that was connected to the Shadow World, Ragnor can't be dead.

"No. No, that's not possible." I say trying to convince myself more than anything.

"I'm sorry Ro." He says, and I shake my head.

"How?" I ask letting the tears start to fall slowly.

"How what?" He asks confused.

"How'd he die?"

"Ravener demon. Slipped through after us when his gards were re-setting. I'm so sorry Ro, really." He says pulling me into a hug and I let the tears fall harder now. After a minute I finally ask.

"Where's Magnus?" He keeps me in the hug but responds.

"At Ragnor's saying goodbye, as well as trying to find a connection to the book of the white." He tells me, and I let him go.

"I have to go, I need to be there with him." I stand up but Jace stops me from leaving.

"No, I promised Magnus I would keep you safe and away from Ragnor's home." He says blocking the door.

"I have to go Jace, Ragnor was like family, I have to go say goodbye and be there for Magnus." I say trying to get past him, but my emotions are all over the place my strength is gone. I fell his hand go to my pocket where my stele is, but I don't fight him.

"I'm not letting you leave this institute." He says serious.

"What are you going to do? Lock me in my room?" I ask sarcastically. He smirks. "You wouldn't..." I say but to late he already has me over his shoulder heading to my room. Once we get there he closes the door and puts a lock rune on it before placing me down on my bed. "Wow, really mature Jace. Your best idea to keep me in the institute is to lock me in my room?" I ask pissed.

"Yes. This lock rune is different, Magnus gave me a spell before I left Ragnor's. If I put the potion on my stele and use the lock rune it will lock you and only you in this room until I take it off. Others like me or Clary or Izzy could come though the door, but you can't. I will take the rune off for the wedding, deal?" He explains.

"Fine deal. Can I at least have my stele back I swear on the angel I won't go anywhere until the lock rune is off." I ask holding my hand out.

"Fine." He says handing me my stele.

"Thank you." Just as I put it in my pocket there is a knock on my door.

"And that is my cue to head out." He says heading to the door. "Iz come on in, she's all yours." He says letting her in and walking out the door.

"Did you know he was going to do this to me?" I ask her.

"Do what to you?" She asks draping a dress bag over the chair near my dresser.

"Lock me and only me in my own room. I can't leave." I say walking over to the chair.

"No, I did not know that. Anyway, on a more excited note, I got you a dress." She says excitedly.

"A dress for what?" I ask reaching my hand to the bag but she hits it away.

"Patience. Now I know you said you didn't want to go but I saw this dress and I thought it would be perfect for you to wear." She says and turns to me. "You ready?"

"Izzy, I'm not going, I don't need a dre-" I'm cut off by her unzipping the bag and unveiling a beautiful dress. "-Holy shit, it's beautiful Isabelle." I reach my hand out and touch it. "It's so pretty but I can't accept it, I'm not going so I have no need for a beautiful dress like this." I say, pulling my hand away.

"I know, I know. Keep it just in case you do come." She says happily.

"But I'm not going so I don't need it." I say walking away from the dress.

"Oh, come one Elizabeth, Alec is getting married I know it's not the best situation but you two are best friends. Your going to beat yourself up if you don't go." She says trying to get me to go.

"No Izzy, I'm not going." I say sitting on my bed rubbing my thumb over the symbol on my wrist.

"Ugh, fine, but could you at least just think about it. For me." She pleads walking over to me.

"Okay, I'll think about it." I say giving her the answer she wants, but also being honest. She's right I would beat myself up if I don't go.

"YAH! Okay well I'll see you later than." She says coming up to me and hugging me. "Love you Ellie." She says as she walks to the door.

"Love you too Iz." I say back, and she closes to door. Only a few more hours and Alec is officially married, time to decide if I'm going to the wedding or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 9.7K 87
[COMPLETED] "Emotions are nothing but a distraction, Clary." He said and I looked at him and knew that his heart and soul was filled with ice-cold no...
37.3K 691 28
7 year old Y/n Cartwright didn't know why her parents had thick dark tattoos or why they lived in the middle of nowhere and she didn't question it...
32.5K 1.4K 25
Alec Lightwood is 21 years old and has promptly been arrested for being complicit in a group assault on a older gentleman that tried to commit rape o...
9.2K 324 41
Alessandra, is a four year old shadowhunter, that is a little more than a shadowhunter, in fact she is more angel than human. Her mother is an angel...