Fight Until the Day the World...

By BuryYourHeart

Pandora. That is her name. The name of the fourteen-year-old who was abandoned by her parents to the streets... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Reckless and Brave
Chapter 2: The Consenquences
Chapter 3: Odd
Chapter 4: Memories
Chapter 5: The Expedition - Preparations
Chapter 6: The Expedition - Fight
Chapter 7: The New Captains
Chapter 8: Lessons
Chapter 9: Nightmares
Chapter 10: The First Christmas
Chapter 12: The Fall of Wall Maria - Calamity
Chapter 13: The Fall of Wall Maria - After Effect
Chapter 14: Noble's Secret - Evening of the Party
Chapter 15: Noble's Secret - An Ugly Truth
Chapter 16: Ilse's Notebook
Chapter 17: Hidden Between the Lies
Chapter 18: Like Five Years Ago
Chapter 19: Played by Ear
Chapter 20: Secrets
Chapter 21: The 57th Expedition - The Krause Siblings
Chapter 22: The 57th Expedition - Intelligence
Chapter 23: The 57th Expedition - Trust
Chapter 24: The 57th Expedition - Fatal
Chapter 25: The 57th Expedition - The Catastrophe
Chapter 26: A Place Not on Any Map
Chapter 27: A Proposal and a Theory
Chapter 28: Stohess Mission - Out of Time
Chapter 29: Stohess Mission - What Lies Behind These Walls
Chapter 30: More to You Than What You Let On
Chapter 31: Surprise
Chapter 32: Synthetic Memories
Chapter 33: Forged
Chapter 34: Bad Things Make Bad People
Chapter 35: Youth Without Youth - You Know What They do to People like You
Chapter 36: Youth Without Youth - Bite My Tongue
Chapter 37: Experiments
Chapter 38: Before the Storm
Chapter 39: The Ring of Victoria
Chapter 40: The Fun in Torturing
Chapter 41: The Family
Chapter 42: Tinted Red Hands
Chapter 43: You Haunt Me
Chapter 44: Playing God
Chapter 45: A Family Reunion - Paper Doll
Chapter 46: A Family Reunion - Mortal Sin
Chapter 47: Speed the Collapse
Chapter 48: The Outcomes
Chapter 49: Palace Syzygy
Chapter 50: Fake Your Death
Chapter 51: The Mighty Long Fall
Chapter 52: Heart Is A Hole
Chapter 53: Recovery and A New Beginning
Chapter 54: Bittersweet
Chapter 55: Happier Times
Chapter 56: The Survivors
Chapter 57: Eve of the Expedition
Chapter 58: Shinganshina
Chapter 59: Greater
Chapter 60: The Town Hidden in the Valley
Chapter 61: Father of the Year
Chapter 62: Syzygy
Chapter 63: Project X-08
Chapter 64: The Return
Chapter 65: Conviviality
Chapter 66: The Day She Was Born
Chapter 67: Collusion and the Illuminist

Chapter 11: The Fall of Wall Maria - Let the Flames Begin

3.2K 86 15
By BuryYourHeart

Three years has passed since Levi and Pandora were forced to join the Scout Regiment by Commander Erwin. Three years has passed since Farlan and Isabel died. Three years has passed since they were announce to be the new Captains.

Commander Erwin along with Mike and a couple of other cadets left to the ceremony they held every year for the trainees. There, they decide which regiment they'll join. Almost every trainee in the top ten spot always went to the Military Police. Some trainees who didn't make the spot or those who did would decide to go to the Scout Regiment, but very few. Those who didn't make the top ten would usually join the Garrison.

Commander Erwin left Levi and Pandora in charge of HQ while they were off to the ceremony.

"...And make sure Hanji doesn't do anything crazy or stupid." Commander Erwin said.

"We'll keep a close eye on her." Pandora smiled.

"Good. I'll be off." With that, they left.

After they were long gone, Levi and Pandora walked back inside. "Shouldn't you go find where Shitty-Glasses went?" Levi asked.

"...Yes. And why are you always calling her by that name?" Pandora asked.

"It suits her." He simply shrugged.

"Just how shorty suits you, short-stack." Pandora said, patting his head before going off to find Hanji.

"You know you're lucky you're my best friend or else I would of killed you for calling me short." Levi stated.

"I know." Pandora replied with a smile. Pandora then left the hall and started looking in the rooms Hanji will most likely to be in. She tried looking for her in the dinning hall, only to find Germany there talking with Nora and Alec.

"Hey Captain Pandora." They waved. Pandora still wasn't used to the new title and sometimes she was confused, but quickly remembered she was a captain.

"Hey, have you guys seen Hanji?" Pandora asked them.

Germany shook his head. Nora and Alec nodded theirs.

"Really, where?" Pandora asked.

"I saw her walking in the hallways." Nora said.

"Yeah. She was mumbling something about studies and Titans." Alec said.

Pandora knew Hanji well enough to know that Hanji could possibly blow the place up with Titan experiments when Erwin wasn't around. It happened once when Erwin left HQ and no one was in charge of keeping an eye out on Hanji. After that, Erwin always had someone keeping an eye on Hanji. He mostly asked Pandora, though.

"Okay. Well we gotta find her before something happens like three years ago." Pandora muttered.

Nora, Alec, and Germany's faces went pale when they remembered what happened three years ago. "Let's go." They all said, they were about to leave the room when Pandora called them.

"Oi, Nora, Alec, Germany, we kind of need a plan." Pandora stated.

"Right..." They said and came back.

"Okay. Well, where are the possible places Hanji could be? I say her room, the library, and her lab." Pandora said. "Nora and Alec, go check her room. Germany and I will go check the library." With that they left to go find Hanji.

"Great she's not here." Germany muttered when they found no one in the library.

"Maybe Nora and Alec found her." Pandora said.

"Maybe so. Alright Captain, let's go meet up with them." Germany smiled. Lately Pandora and Germany are getting along well, probably more than friends should. Because of this, Levi has become quite jealous of Germany and has always sent Germany to do other things when he was getting too close to Pandora. Although Pandora and Germany haven't seen his jealousy, they just thought he was just doing what he was assigned.

Pandora and Germany found Nora and Alec in the halls moments later. "Did you find her?" Pandora asked.

"No." Nora shook her head.

Before any of them could say anything else, they heard something explode in the basement where Hanji's lab was located.

"Uh, did anyone think to check her lab?" Pandora asked.

"No."

With that, they ran to the lab. When they got there, they found out Levi down there, opening the door to the lab.

"Oi, Pandora, I thought you were going to keep an eye out for her." Levi said.

Smoke came out the door and they backed up. "I was looking for her." Pandora said.

"Well you weren't doing a good job at finding her." Levi said. "I know." Pandora muttered.

Once the smoke cleared, they saw most of the tables and bookshelves were flipped and on the floor. "I think we're going to need more help." Alec said.

"Germany, go get Oscar, Jordan and Olivia, and then get Bruno, Christof, Nanaba, and any other soldiers you find around." Levi commanded.

"Yes Captain!" Germany saluted before going of to find the guys.

"We should probably go see if Hanji's okay." Alec said.

With that, Nora, Alec, Pandora, and Levi cleared the doorway and walked into the room.

They picked up bookshelves and desks, looking for Hanji. Pandora found her near the explosion, alive and laughing.

"Hanji, what the hell!?" Pandora ran to her and hugged her.

"Oh, hello Pandora." Hanji smiled.

"Oi! Shitty-Glasses! What the hell was that for!? You could have exploded this whole place and kill your comrades." Levi snapped, furious with Hanji. He was mad enough the push Pandora over and grab Hanji by the collar of her shirt. "Do experiments if you want, get yourself kill with them, but don't endanger your comrades," he snarled.

Hanji stopped laughed. "Sorry, Levi. I kind of mistakenly dropped something in the experiment I wasn't suppose to put and it kind of exploded. But don't worry, it won't happen again." Hanji said.

"Damn right it won't. You know why? Because you're not coming back here until Erwin comes back. Got it Four-Eyes." Levi stated. Hanji nodded and Levi let go of her.

"Nora, can you get some cleaning supplies? Alec you can go help her." Levi commanded.

"Yes Captain." They saluted then left.

Pandora sighed and helped Hanji up.

"You're not injured, are you?" Pandora asked.

"Nah. Just a couple a bruises and a scratch. Oh, and I'll be needing new glasses too." Hanji smiled.

"Hanji, be more careful next time. Okay?" Pandora asked.

"Ah don't worry! This is me we're talking about." Hanji smirked.

"But still. You have to be more careful." Pandora said.

"Don't worry, Pandora. I will." Hanji smiled.

Nora and Alec came back with cleaning supplies, which Levi threw the spray and a rag at Hanji. "Clean this shit up." He said. Soon, Germany came down with Olivia, Oscar, Jordan, Nanaba, Christof, Bruno, Ida, Martin, and Wolfgang. "These are all the people I could get, Captain Levi." Germany said.

"Good." Levi stated. He gave everyone a specific job, like Christof, Jordan, and Bruno had to pick up bookshelves while Oscar, Olivia, Ida, and Nanaba helped pick up books. He then gave a broom to Martin and gave Wolfgang a mop. Nora and Alec wiped tables while Pandora checked Hanji for any wounds.

"Seriously, Hanji. What were you thinking? If Erwin sees this he'll surely hang me and then you." Pandora said as she cleaned the wounds on her back.

"Erwin wouldn't do that to you. He'll never know with Levi being such a clean freak and ordering everyone to clean." Hanji laughed.

"I heard you, Zoe." Levi said.

Hanji smiled. "Plus, Erwin wouldn't dare to come to my lab." Hanji laughed.

"There, now Erwin won't know what happen. And don't you guys dare mention this to Erwin." Levi stated.

They all nodded as they looked around Hanji's lab. It looked like nothing had happened and the smell of burnt wood was replaced with the smell of bleach and lavender.

"Come on, Hanji. Let's go outside until Erwin and the others come back." Pandora said while guiding Hanji out of her lab.

After the incident, the cleaning, and Levi snapping at Hanji, Pandora managed to get Hanji outside after all. "How about you go practice with your squad instead, Hanji." Pandora suggested.

"Yeah. I haven't been able to do drills with them. I'll go get them and then maybe we can all do the drills together." Hanji suggested.

"Okay. I'll go get my squad. Let's meet here." Pandora smiled. With that, they left to gather their squads. Pandora asked Levi if he wanted to do the drills with them, which he didn't decline.

Once Hanji and Pandora got their squads together, they went out and began their drills.

"Levi, race you." Pandora called once Levi was on a tree branch.

Levi sighed and rolled his eyes at Pandora's childish statement, but he couldn't help but smirk. "Fine I'll do it. But I'm going to beat you." Levi smirked. He then used his gears to get on the branch Pandora was.

"Okay, you take the right side and I'll take the left." Pandora said.

"Deal."

"Are you guys going to race?" Hanji called from below.

"Yeah." Pandora smiled.

Hanji smiled widely and went to the tree branch next to them. "I want to count down!" Hanji said.

Levi just rolled his eyes. "Whatever, Four-Eyes." He said.

Hanji squealed and started counting down. "GO!" She called.

Pandora and Levi sent their hooks to a tree, far enough so they can speed up. They did somersaults while speeding to the end of the forest. Hanji awed as she saw Pandora and Levi race through the forest.

In the end, it was a tie. Mainly because a bird came out of nowhere and Pandora didn't want to run into it, so she sent her hooks onto Levi's side of the forest and they ended up running into each other. They got tangled with their cords, their bodies pressed against each other.

"Really." Levi stated.

Pandora sheepishly laughed. "Oops."

Hanji came chasing behind them, seeing their every move. She even witness their crash. Hanji began to laugh as she saw Levi and Pandora hanging together with cords wrapped around them. "Quit hanging around." Hanji laughed.

"Ha, ha, very fucking funny." Levi's voice was full of sarcasm. Typical of him to do.

"Okay, okay!" Hanji had calmed herself down and went up to where they were hanging. She examine the way they were tangled and came to a conclusion that the only reason they were tightly tangled was because of the cord that was holding them up.

"I'm going to have to drop you guys to the ground." Hanji said.

"Hanji, don't you dare!" Levi called. By now it was late, Hanji had manage to take the cord out of the tree and both Pandora and Levi fell to the ground. Levi fell first and Pandora fell on top of him. The breath was knocked out for both Pandora and Levi.

"Damn you, Shitty Glasses." Levi said in between gasps for air. Hanji got down and helped them get untangled. "You should thank me. That cord that kept you up was tightening the cords around you." Hanji stated.

Levi just rolled his eyes. Pandora felt the cords that held them together go loose and she sat up, helping Hanji untangle the cords. "Thanks for the help, Hanji." Pandora said.

"No problem." Hanji smiled.

"Captains and Squad Leader Hanji!" Moblit, Hanji's assistant, called. They all turned their attention to Moblit. "They're here! Commander Erwin along with the new recruits." Moblit said.

Hanji smiled. "Thank you, Moblit. Come on, let's meet the rookies." Hanji said. Levi got up and helped Pandora up too. Hanji had already ran with Moblit to HQ.

"I wonder how many we got this year." Pandora wondered.

"Probably about twenty. We'll be lucky if we got thirty." Levi said.

Pandora and Levi got there in no time. The new recruits were lined up in front of the HQ. To Hanji, Pandora, and Levi's surprise, they had about forty new recruits.

"Looks like we got extremely lucky." Pandora awed. Levi just raised an eyebrow, examining all the rookies with their determined looks.

Erwin signaled Levi and Pandora to come and stand by him while he gave a small speech about how the Scout Regiment works and so on. Pandora and Levi slowly walked by Erwin's side and stood up straight with hands behind their backs.

"... As you know I am your commander, Erwin Smith. To the right of me is Captain Levi and to the left of me is Captain Pandora, they're our Captains and leaders of our Elite Squad." Erwin said. He continued his speech and when it ended, Levi and Pandora headed to Erwin's office.

"There's many talented recruits in this batch." Erwin began. He handed Levi the stack of papers of the recruits. "I hope you find your squad here." Erwin added.

Levi nodded and he and Pandora left to their office next door.

"We should check them out." Pandora suggested. "You know, their training starts in a couple of minutes."

"I know. But first I'm going to see who I'll probably be interested." Levi said. He started to look through the papers. Pandora helped narrow it down. "Oh! How about her?" Pandora held out the document to Levi. The picture of the girl wad hanging from the paperclip. This was new to the system and it was helpful.

"Lenya Dürr." Levi read.

"Yeah! Her classmates call her 'Warrior'." Pandora smirked.

"Let's see how much of a 'warrior' she is when she faces a Titan." Levi muttered.

"Give her a chance." Pandora said.

"I will." They continued to look through papers. They narrowed the recruits down to three. One, Lenya Dürr, two, Milo Forst, three, Broderick Amsel.

Together, they went over to the training grounds. There, they observed Lenya, Milo, and Broderick as they fought an opponent. Everyone did a good job for Levi's liking. Next was the training of the 3DMGs. They all did well.

"So do you think Lenya, Milo, and Broderick are good enough to be in your squad?" Pandora asked Levi.

Levi kept looking. "Hm, I'll give them another day." Levi decided.

Pandora smiled. "That's the closest you have gotten in having your own squad." She said.

"Don't celebrate just yet, Pandora. Just because I'm giving them a chance doesn't mean I'm going to choose them to be in my squad." Levi stated. Pandora groaned at Levi's stubbornness.

Just then, a loud sound could be heard. "What's that?" Someone asked.

"Hey, Levi," Pandora began, her hands shook and she stood up. "You... you don't think... am I just imagining..." Pandora trailed off.

The sound got closer and closer. "Titans!" Mike called. "Everyone go get their gears and prepare for battle! Help civilians get to Wall Rose!" Erwin commanded.

Pandora and Levi already had their gears on. The Titans were now over the HQ. Quickly, Erwin orders two squads to hold off the Titans while the others got ready. Pandora and Levi manage to get Nora, Alec, Olivia, Jordan, Germany, and Oscar together with their gears on.

"You guys will help the civilians." Erwin said. "Along with Nanaba's and Mike's squad."

They nodded and quickly got on their horses and headed for the nearest towns. Erwin stayed behind to help with the others.

As they rode, they saw most of the people in the towns were either eaten or they manage to escape.

Two Titans spotted the squads and began to chase them. "Nora! Olivia! take the Titan to the right down! Germany and Alec, take the one on the left!"

"Yes, Captain!" They said and headed off. Pandora looked ahead and saw more Titans approaching. She paired Jordan and Oscar to kill, off one titan together. Pandora and Levi killed one off also.

"Pandora!" Nanaba called her. "There's a child inside that building!" Nanaba pointed to a building in the end of a block with a Titan reaching for someone.

"Got it! Levi, be in charge while I'm gone." Pandora called and rode faster to the house. Levi was about to say something to her, but saw she was off.

Pandora shot a hook to the building in the front and got enough height to aim for the nape of the neck. She shot her hooks to the nape and spanned around until she cut the nape of the Titan. The Titan fell backwards, so Pandora shot her hooks the the building in front and saw a girl in the Titan's grasp.

Pandora aimed for the Titan's arm and ran to the girl and cut the Titan's fingers. Pandora grabbed the girl by her waist and flew to a building nearby.

"Are you okay?" Pandora asked. Checking if the girl was breathing to begin with.

The girl was in shock, but she manage to nod her head. "What's your name?" Pandora asked. She picked the girl up, who held onto Pandora. "M-my name is Arabel." The girl said.

"That's a beautiful name." Pandora said and quickly flew back to her squad. "My name is Pandora." Pandora said.

"Pandora! We're moving to the next town!" Nora called. Pandora nodded and called her horse, Maudie. They rode off and saw there were no survivors in the next town, or the town after that.

"I think we should go to the gate to Rose." Mike said.

"Yeah, plus I need to take Arabel to safety." Pandora said. They agreed to go help and rode off. They made it to the gate to Rose and saw people flooding the area.

"Looks like the Titans haven't gotten that far." Nora said.

"Hey! We can use help evacuating people!" One of the Garrison soldiers came up to the Survey Corps soldiers.

"Why'd you think we came," Levi stated.

"We'll take care of the Titans." Pandora began. "Make sure Arabel gets to Wall Rose." Pandora said. She handed Arabel to the male soldier. Pandora was about to call for all soldiers to leave, but Arabel tugged on her cape.

"Thank you for saving me, Miss Pandora." Arabel smiled. Pandora looked down at the child and smile. "Stay alive for me, Arabel." Pandora said before calling everyone to leave.

They traveled until they found the Titans, which wasn't far by horse. "What ever you do," Pandora began to talk to her squad. "Don't let your emotions take over your mind. Don't fight clouded in anger, fight with a clear mind." Pandora always told this to her squad before going to an expedition. It was hard for them to follow her advice, but they did survive because of it.

Pandora brought her horse by Levi so they could talk. "Levi, I'm going to give you half of my squad for now. Got it?" Pandora asked.

"I got it, Pam." Levi said. Pandora felt her heart stop for a moment. He never calls me Pam anymore, she thought to herself, but she quickly discharge that thought. "Okay, I'm going to split our squad in two groups." Pandora said to her squad. "Alec, Jordan, and Olivia, you'll be with Levi. Nora, Germany, and Oscar, you'll be with me. When we see the first Titan, Squad Levi will act as bait while we attack. Got it?"

"Yes!" They called. They quickly spotted their first Titan. An 7 meter (23ft.) class one. Squad Levi quickly act as bait while Squad Pandora cut it's mobility and Captain Pandora was in charge of cutting it's nape.

Nanaba's squad were fighting off three 5 meter (16ft.) class and needed a little bit of help. "Nora! Alec! Go help Nanaba's squad for now. I'll call you when I need you." Pandora said. They nodded their heads and headed to Nanaba's squad.

The Elite Squad then spotted a 10 meter (33ft.) class. Levi then brought the squad together and Pandora called Nora and Alec over. "Olivia and Oscar, take its Achilles. Nora and Germany, take it's Deltoids, Biceps, and Triceps. Alec and I will cut its eye-sights. Levi can you cut the nape?" Pandora asked him.

"I can, trust me, and please be careful." Levi said.

"Don't worry, I will." Pandora said.

They put their plan in action, but when they notice it was an abnormal Titan, it was already too late. Pandora had quickly sent her hooks to a nearby tree and called: "Abnormal!" She yelled. Levi quickly avoided the Titan. The abnormal Titan had turned around and saw Nora and tried to catch her with with it's mouth, but Germany helped Nora get out of the way.

The Titan spotted Pandora, who was getting away. Levi saw this and he quickly shot his hooks to the Titan. The Titan's reflexes were slow, but wild. It turned, making it's hands swing. "Pandora watch out!" Levi yelled.

Pandora saw the arm come to her, but too late and it hit her, sending her flying off and hit her back onto a tree. Pandora felt a sharp pain all through her spin and head and slowly felt the world fade as she slid down the tree to the ground.

"Pandora!" Levi yelled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 448 23
Sequel of One Last Time Year 850. The second appearance of the Colossal Titan affected the lives of many. After finding Eren's titan shifting abiliti...
1K 20 18
You come from Marley on one of the ships to inspect the "Heaven". But instead of investigating, you end up being held by the survey corps (as an impo...
1.6K 197 27
Levi x Reader (DISCONTINUED) "Show them what your capable of then let all hell break loose" That was the last thing her mother said to her. This is...
1.8K 42 25
(y/n)'s life changed the day wall Maria fell. She lost everything. She almost lost her life. If Levi wasn't nearby she would have. She resents him fo...