Kaden's Luna

By WYLD_ROSE

Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alon... More

AN: Must Read!
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
TREAT Bonus Chapter!
The Alpha Series: Book 3
The Alpha Series: Book 4!

Chapter Twenty-Four

75.4K 2.8K 925
By WYLD_ROSE

Chapter Twenty-Four – Jealous Wolf.

I hum sleepily when I feel my hair being swept away before soft lips begin peppering kisses onto my cheek and neck. Warmth envelopes me and I hear the chirping of birds outside. I sigh in content and roll over, opening my eyes to see Kaden hovering above me.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He murmurs, tucking away a messy strand of my bedhead hair.

He looks breathtakingly handsome in the morning light with his bright blue eyes, wet, dark hair and a husky voice to match. I smile gently, caressing his cheek as I mumble out a good morning. He kisses my nose, making me giggle before I sit up.

"How does breakfast at Rosie's sound?"

I smile brightly, nodding in agreement. "Sounds great!"

"Good, I've got a bath running for you. Come on." He gets off the bed before standing, reaching out for me.

I slip my hand in his and let him pull me up, immediately blushing when instead of placing me on the floor, he wraps my legs around his waist. He chuckles lowly in amusement, gazing at me with adoration in his eyes as he carries me towards the bathroom.

I bite my lip and focus on the design of his shirt instead, tracing the pattern with my index finger. It didn't do much to chase away my naughty thoughts but at least my cheeks weren't the same shade as a tomato anymore.

Kaden finally places me onto my own two feet once we are inside the bathroom, my clothes already picked out for me. I smile in appreciation when he tells me to take my time before leaving the room, closing the door behind him. I sigh and take off my clothes, tying my hair into a topknot so that it doesn't get wet, having washed it only last night.

As I slip into the tub, warm water greets me with the scent of vanilla. I close my eyes and relax completely, moving my hands in the water so that it creates gentle ripples. I scoop up a handful of bubbles before blowing them away, smiling in content.

Before I fall asleep again, I get out of the tub with a sad sigh. Kaden is most likely waiting for me downstairs so we can head out to the diner together, I didn't want to keep him waiting. Drying myself with the large towel, I quickly put my clothes on, chuckling when I see that Kaden has picked out a skirt for me to wear. When I am fully dressed, I walk out of the bathroom and into his bedroom, styling my hair before rushing downstairs with my shoulder bag.

I sit on the second last step and put my heeled boots on, sensing Kaden walk over to me. He pulls me up as soon as I am done before we make our way out of the house, grabbing my jacket just as we leave. I murmur out a thank you when he rushes forward and opens my door for me, smiling as I take a seat before he closes the door and gets into the driver's seat.

He starts the engine and drives down the rough road, the scenic countryside passing by. I look at him when he grabs my hand, a small smile on his lips. Intertwining our hands, I rest them on my thigh before turning down the radio. Kaden glances at me with an expectant look, waiting for me to speak.

"Are there any other supernatural creatures besides werewolves?" I ask in a curious tone, my thumb rubbing across warm skin.

"Yes, there are vampires, warlocks, witches, fairies, demons and many more." He nods, driving up a steep road.

I stare in him, unblinking which makes him laugh once he glances at me for a quick second. "Wow. How have you all managed to stay hidden from us humans for so long?"

"There are portals around the world that aren't visible to anyone except supernatural creatures, for humans nothing will seem unusual about a certain place." He drives over a bridge and my eyes focus on the flowing river underneath. "Mainly located in less crowded areas like forests or mountains."

I nod in reply, processing the information. "Can you transform into your wolf at any time?"

"No." He shakes his head as we finally enter the city. "The moon controls us regular werewolves so when there is a full one, we can shift. Lycans can shift whenever they want."

"Is that not slightly unfair though? I mean, Lycans can shift and protect themselves whenever but common wolves can't? Doesn't that leave you guys vulnerable?" I frown, playing with his fingers absentmindedly.

Kaden chuckles in reply, shrugging half-heartedly. "Lycans came first Luna, meaning that they have years of experience in controlling their beasts. Werewolves tend to lose their temper quite quickly, on a full moon they shift in an instant should anything piss them off, our beasts can easily takeover because we don't have that much control over them. It's something we are still learning."

"What do you mean by years of experience?" I look at him in a dubious manner.

"Lycans are practically ancient...like three hundred years plus ancient." He smirks when I gasp, my jaw dropping as I struggle to comprehend what he just said.

I remain quiet for a few seconds, staring at him. Kaden's features are free from any aging, his hair dark and healthy in addition to a body I had seen myself that was fit and toned. He glances over at me, catching my narrowed and suspicious gaze before his loud laughter booms in the confines of his Mustang.

"Trust me Luna, I would tell you if I was born in the stone age." He rolls his eyes playfully, a wide smile on his lips.

"What age are you then?" I ask, watching his hand curl around my thigh. I think he preferred to be touching me or holding me in some way whenever we were together. 'Maybe it's a werewolf thing?' I wonder to myself.

"Twenty-six"

"Hmm, I'm only twenty-one." I smile, noticing that we had arrived at our destination.

I hop out of the car as soon as Kaden shuts off the engine, meeting him at the front. He smiles, hand outstretched for me to take and when I do, he pulls me into his side before we walk into the diner together. As always there is some upbeat music playing, Kaden and I waving to Rosie who beams at us in reply.

We choose a booth by the window, picking up the menu and deciding on what to have for breakfast. Rosie comes by shortly and greets us with a wide smile, her familiar scent of strawberries welcoming me. We chat for a bit, catching up but with me mostly blushing because Rosie decided that the topic of our future children would be a good idea.

I order the waffles with fruit and a coffee, thanking Rosie as she takes my menu away. Kaden orders next, rattling off blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs with a side of bacon and orange juice. He thanks Rosie before she walks away, winking at me which makes me chuckle.

Suddenly, his phone rings making him frown and take it out of his jean pocket. He stares down at the number before looking up at me. "Sorry Luna, I have to take this. Will you be okay?"

"Of course, go answer it." I smile reassuringly, watching as he walks out of the diner.

I fiddle with the salt shaker, almost dropping it when my phone vibrates. I pick it up and grin when I see that my brother, Nick, has texted me. He asks me if we can video chat but I reply that I am currently out in town and that we can talk tonight.

The better-looking sibling: With lover boy, I'm assuming?

I huff, rolling my eyes when I see that he has changed his name in my contacts...again. How he manages to unlock my phone every time is beyond me. I immediately change his name back to Nick again.

Luna: He has a name...and yes, I'm out for breakfast with him.

Nick: What are you getting?

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to my foodie of a brother. I thank the waitress that places mine and Kaden's food on the table before walking away. Deciding to be a little evil, I take a picture of the food before sending it to Nick, chuckling to myself.

Nick: Words would have sufficed Lu! I'm burning with jealousy right now.

Luna: What are you doing?

Nick: Just finished work, I'm so tired. I'm meeting my friends for dinner, in the cab right now.

Luna: Okay, video call tonight?

Nick: Always, miss you Lulu. He adds a sad face at the end.

Luna: I miss you too bro. Chat to you soon!

Just as soon as I have put my phone down, Kaden walks back in, slipping into the seat in front of me. "Sorry about that, I hope I wasn't too long?"

"Not at all, is everything okay?"

"Perfect. Remember the important project I got with one of the biggest clients in Berlin?" He asks, making me nod in confusion as a wide smile spreads across his lips. "My company's contract has just been extended to two years."

"Kaden!" I gasp, reaching over to squeeze his hand. "That's amazing, I'm so proud of you!"

He grins, pressing a kiss to my knuckles. "Thank you. I feel like things are finally looking up for my business."

We chat about his upcoming projects whilst eating our breakfast. The first one involved this new product the brand was releasing and Kaden's company were overlooking the marketing strategy, ad development, etcetera. I could see how excited he was, knowing he loved what he did as a career.

"Luna?" A voice calls halfway through our breakfast, making me turn around in my seat.

I see the familiar mop of dirty blonde hair and brown eyes, smiling brightly when I see that it is Logan Kellerman. Before I had left for Christmas break, we had met up twice in the café on campus and then had lunch. I had not seen him in a long time.

"Logan, hey! How are you?" I smile, waving him over.

He makes his way towards us before taking a seat beside me. "I had a feeling it was you. I'm good, how was your break?"

"Mine was good, it was so nice to go back home for a while. I was really missing my family. What about you?" I ask, taking a sip of my drink.

"It was great! Twin brothers wrecking my room on the first day? Not so much." He grimaces playfully, making me laugh as I thought of his reaction.

I see Kaden staring at us from the corner of my eyes which makes me realise that I have yet to introduce the two. "Oh, I'm sorry! Kaden this is Logan Kellerman, he goes to the same university as I do and Logan this is Kaden Reid, my –"

"Boyfriend." Kaden cuts me off in a stern tone, nodding at Logan with a hard look.

Logan nods back, an amused smile on his lips. "You never mentioned a boyfriend, Luna. Nevertheless, it's nice to meet you Kaden."

I smile nervously, fidgeting with the hem of my skirt under the table as I glance back and forth between the two. There's undeniable tension in the air as Kaden and Logan stare each other down, Kaden literally glaring at him. Eventually, Logan smirks before turning to me, breaking off the staring contest.

"Anyways, I've got to go pick up my order. I'll see you in college Luna, if not then we'll arrange to meet up yeah?"

"Yes um, of course." I nod hastily, glancing at Kaden only to see him gripping the edge of the table, his knuckles white as snow.

"Bye, Kaden." Logan waves, chuckling to himself as he walks away.

I turn to Kaden only to see his dark eyes fixated on Logan's figure as he collects his order and walks out of the diner. As soon as the door closes, he turns to me, the anger burning in his eyes making me reel back in surprise.

"Please don't tell me he has your number." He grits out, chest slightly heaving in restrained fury.

I remain silent, taking a bite of my waffle and avoiding his stare entirely.

"Delete it." He growls lowly, leaning over the table to grab my phone.

"Kaden!" I whisper shout, tucking the phone back into my pocket. "He is just a friend."

He sits back in his seat and crosses his arms, making me groan mentally at how he's trying to intimidate me. Regardless, I eat my food whilst he glares at me, not backing down either. I'm halfway through my plate of waffles when Kaden huffs and resumes eating.

I stifle the laugh threatening to escape my lips when I glance at him to see that my mate is pouting slightly, brows furrowed in confusion and anger. We spend the rest of our time at Rosie's diner in silence, slightly tense but nothing that is uncomfortable in any way.

When we finish, Kaden quickly places a tip on the table before grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the diner. I wave goodbye to Rosie who only smiles and shakes her head in amusement, wiggling her fingers at me in reply. Getting into his car, he starts the engine and drives off, merging in with the traffic on the road already.

We sit in silence and I bite my lip, glancing at Kaden occasionally. He still has not talked and it's starting to drive me insane. Sighing quietly, I know I will have to do something. It baffles me how easily Kaden became jealous over a friend of mine from college.

"Kaden," I start softly, noticing his grip tighten on the steering wheel. "Are you mad at me?"

There is a long pause before he tersely shakes his head. "No."

"Logan is just who I met in college, we're not even that close –"

"You didn't even mention that we're dating? He clearly likes you, Luna." He growls in frustration, making me look at him in surprise.

"I didn't mention it because I wanted to keep our relationship to myself for a little while." I murmur, looking down at my hands in my lap with a frown.

There is a long pause before Kaden mumbles quietly. "You make it so hard to be mad at you."

I focus on the scenery outside with a heavy heart. Why am I feeling so much over a small argument? I wonder, watching children play in a park with their parents sitting on benches nearby. We drive on down the road, leaving the city sights behind as housing estates greet us.

Finally, we reach my house and Kaden parks right outside, cutting the engine. The tense atmosphere is killing me and we step outside and get some air. I can feel his gaze boring holes into the side of my head and it's starting to make me uncomfortable.

"Luna." He calls my name, a defeated undertone in his voice.

I look up to see Kaden staring at me with a mixture of emotions in his eyes. In one quick motion, he has pulled me onto his waist as he leans against the hood of his car, his arms wrapping around me tightly. I bite my lip in nervousness, running my hands through his soft black hair.

"I'm sorry for behaving like that. I got jealous and I didn't really know how to handle it. I hope I didn't hurt you." He whispers, hiding his face in the crook of my neck.

I pull away, a teasing smile on my lips as I bring my index finger and thumb closer. "Just a tiny bit."

His face falls and his head tilts back, shaking his head and groaning about how he was already a shitty mate. I stop him by grabbing hold of his collar, pulling him close once more. He stares at me, ocean blue eyes drowning in sadness, a frown on his kissable lips.

"Kaden, it's fine. I would probably react the same way." I smile reassuringly, only for it to drop when he shakes his head.

"No, you wouldn't. We both know you would be more mature about the situation." He mutters, sighing as he plays with my hand.

"Hmm, you never know. This mate bond of ours could turn me into an extremely possessive girlfriend." I tease, wrapping my arms around his waist.

The corners of his lips quirk for a fleeting moment. I sigh before pressing my lips to his in a kiss that is slow, sweet and just as mind blowing like every other time. It doesn't last long and very soon, I pull away and look up at him, smiling in reassurance.

"Logan Kellerman is the last thing on mind when I am with you Kaden, you can trust me on that one hundred percent."

His blue eyes stare at me before they twinkle with mischief. I watch him with caution as I slide off him, wondering what he's up to now. His hands grip my hips and pull me between his legs as he leans against the back of his car. I feel tingles coursing through me just at the contact, my breath faltering when I notice that we are very close.

"And what is on your mind when you are with me?" He murmurs, staring at me with an expectant look.

"Nothing I-I um –"

"So, you lied?" He asks, arching a thick brow.

"No, I didn't! I just...I said that because –"

"Because?" He drags the word, waiting for an answer before he changes direction completely. "Do you think about kissing me? Because I do."

My eyes widen at his confession, cheeks immediately blazing. I look away, avoiding his burning gaze. Attempting to step back, I fail when Kaden only smashes me against his chest, our bodies pressed together. I try to push away, overwhelmed by how quickly our conversation has heated up.

"Does your heart race faster when you see me? Do you look for me even when I'm not around Luna?" His lips are now brushing mine, my eyes rolling closed in ecstasy over the feeling of having him so close to me. "Because I do."

"Kaden, s-stop it." I mumble shyly, refusing to look up at him and showing him just how much his words were affecting me.

He chuckles huskily, nuzzling his nose against my cheek. "Forgive me, please?"

"Promise me you'll give me the benefit of the doubt if this ever happens again. Don't assume things when you can just ask, okay?" I stare into his eyes, caressing his cheek.

"I promise you, Luna. Are we okay?" He whispers, voice hopeful.

I nod with a smile. "We'll always be okay, Kaden."

He grins before his eyes glance at my lips. I feel my heart race faster in anticipation when he slowly leans forward, his thumb caressing my bottom lip. Just when I feel like I can't take it anymore, Kaden presses his lips to mine and kisses me with passion.

His lips are soft against mine and I gasp when he runs his tongue across my bottom lip. Taking the opportunity, he guides the kiss as it becomes so much more intense. I hesitantly move my tongue against his, my body trembling as I am introduced to something new and daring.

I wrap my arms around his neck, feeling him grip my hips and pull me impossible closer. A groan escapes him before he kisses me with more fervour, making sparks shoot down my spine. I can't get enough of him, my body is heating up with desire and I'm losing control over it, willing to surrender myself to him.

When we pull away, pants escape our lips as air fills our lungs again. A shaky breath escapes me as I open my eyes, staring at Kaden wide-eyed. I have never experienced a kiss like that before and it scares me yet excites me at the same time. Kaden stares at me with a soft look, brushing away my hair from my face before leaning in to peck my lips once more.

"Can we do that more often?" I mumble, still dazed because of the mind-blowing kiss we shared.

He laughs loudly making me realise what I have just said. I groan in embarrassment, covering my face with both hands. He calls my name, trying to pull away my hands whilst I shake my head. Finally, I give in and drop them, refusing to meet his gaze.

"You are so cute." He chuckles, tilting my chin upwards before pressing a kiss to the corner of my mouth.

I roll my eyes in a playful manner before I tell him that I should go. Immediately, he frowns and shakes his head, hugging me to him. I giggle, pressing a kiss to his cheek before hearing him sigh loudly as he meets me by the boot. I pop the trunk open, taking hold of my duffel bag before closing it and turning to face him. He hands me my shoulder bag, frustration clear in his eyes.

"I'll see you during the week Kaden, it's not like I'll be hours away." I laugh at how he kept pulling me back into his arms every time I stepped away to head inside.

"Why do you have to go so early? I could have dropped you back home in the evening." He grumbles, resting his chin atop my head.

"Maddox and Eva are back and they want to spend some time together before classes start tomorrow." I pull away, pressing a quick kiss to his lips. "I'll call you tonight, is that better?"

"I guess." He nods, frowning when I start to back away. "Bye, Luna."

"Goodbye, Kaden." I wave with a smile, heading up to the front door and unlocking it before noticing that he is still standing outside.

I point to his car, motioning for him to get in but he only shakes his head, pointing at me and telling me to get inside. I smile in amusement, remembering that he always wants to make sure I'm safely inside before driving off.

I wave one last time before closing the door.

Almost jumping out of my skin when I turn around, I glare at Eva who is standing so close to me with a maniacal grin on her face. I push her lightly, groaning under my breath when she follows me to the sitting room. She takes a seat beside me on the couch, green eyes staring into my brown ones.

"Yes Eva?"

"Did Luna Winters spend two nights at a boy's place?" She teases me, her eyes dancing in amusement and mischief.

"Don't freak out." I warn her, deciding to tell her of my relationship with Kaden. I release a breath before I take the plunge. "Kaden and I became official right before I left for Amsterdam."

She doesn't even blink. I watch her with caution when all she does is stare at me for thirty something seconds before releasing an ear-splitting scream that has me covering my ears with a groan. Eva bounces excitedly on the couch, shaking me back and forth as she yells about how happy she is for me, how she knew her ship would sail. But then she groans about how she didn't win twenty euros.

"Wait, hold up! You guys were betting on us?" I glare at her, trying not to let a smile escape when she becomes timid and averts her gaze.

"Yeah...but Derek started it!" She blurts out, her eyes wide as she tries to get herself out of hot water.

"So, you bet that Kaden and I would become serious by January?" I sigh, shaking my head at the group's crazy antics.

"Early January. Maddox, Derek and Axel said late February. Natalie and Chris said right before you leave for winter break. Leah, Matt, Rico and Owen all said early December." She rushes, taking a deep breath when she finishes.

"You guys are insane!" I cry, hitting her with a pillow.

She smiles sheepishly before squealing and pulling me into a hug. "I call dibs on being your maid of honour...oh, and your first child's godmother!"

"Evangeline!" I shout, my cheeks blazing in embarrassment.

Just as soon as I say that, the front door opens and Maddox walks in. He looks up, eyes narrowing in suspicion at the position we were in. Eva was practically on top of me whilst I was trying to push her off. There is a period of silence before he walks in and takes a seat on the opposite couch, his arms resting on his knees.

"Girls...if there's anything you want to tell me –"

"Oh hush!" Eva rolls her eyes before letting me go. "We were just talking about how Luna here is officially Kaden's girlfriend."

Maddox's jaw drops and he stares at me with disbelief. "You couldn't wait until February?!"

In response, I throw a cushion his way which he catches with a grin. I sigh, shaking my head with a small smile on my face as I watch the two. Where would I be without these lunatics? I wonder, chuckling when Maddox puts Eva in a headlock before letting her go and kissing her cheek.

Halfway through writing the scene in Rosie's I realized it's very similar to the one I wrote in The Hybrid where Vulcan gets jealous because of the waiter. Ah, memories. 😂

Next update: Wednesday!

Thank you so much for the support, especially when I said I'm also joining Inkitt. It really means a lot to me, I appreciate it! 

Please vote and comment!

- R.W. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 29.5K 40
With his eyes trained on me he growls, "Unchain me." The supervisor chirps quietly, "I can't." His head swivels to her, and his fists are cle...
3.2M 23K 5
Excerpt only: I quickly run in their direction as my claws elongate into fierce points. I watch as a man in all black strikes down and kills one of...
78.5K 2K 8
"Goddess, you're so perfect." he breathed the words, staring up at her as she moved rhythmically up and down above him, her breasts bouncing as he gr...
3.2K 146 30
_A broken wolf_ I have longed for a mate. I yearned for love. Maybe my parents loved me, but I have no memory of either of them. My aunt never cared...