Life 2.0: mostly sweet short...

By sabrynabrooklynne

The 30+ stories in this collection are short mostly sweet vignettes with a transgender theme. While most are... More

The Dresser Drawer Treasure Hunt
Halloween When Russell Was Ten
Did You Have Fun At The Arcade?
Three Positives
Um, Dad...
A Little Better
Firsts
It Was Destiny All Along
They Said Nothing Changes
Jasmine's Dilemma
I'm Serious
the X-Factor
Happy Birthday
A Moment In The Mirror
The 💄 App
The Babysitter
You're A Full 'A'
Out Of Death, New Life Appears
Dear Dad
Dear Diary
Social Media Update 👍🏻
A Bonus Super Short Story: Sweet? I Guess It Depends On How You Look At It.
The Gift
My First Public Outing
A Sad Dark Depressing Bonus Story
Prom Night
Last Entry - revised
Family
Daddy's Little Girl
First Bra
All Thanks To A Movie He Doesn't Even Know The Name Of

귀신 (Gwisin)

8.3K 33 24
By sabrynabrooklynne

Dedicated to bigbabylover1
for your comments and insights into how one reader sees my stories. Thank you for your support.

This story is different in that it revolves around a supernatural spirit or ghost from Korean folklore, a "Gwisin".

These spirits may be found in many places, but most commonly in abandoned buildings, houses, cemeteries, forests, and schools. When a person dies without completing something that they must do (e.g. revenge or staying longer with their family), their spirit remains on earth to complete the task before going on to the underworld.

Appearances of Gwisin often occur in high schools, a concept popularized by Korean horror movies, however, not always as you will see in this story.

This is my take on the legend.

◽ ◽ ◽ ◽ ◽ ◽ ◽ ◽ ◽

It was in the pre-dawn twilight of an early August morning.

A warm breeze blew in through the window, causing the curtains to flutter. A shadow moved across the wall in contrast to the reflection of light from the full moon shining in through the window.

In the bed, an eleven-year-old Korean boy, Kim Chong Won, stirred.

With a gasp, he awoke, drenched in sweat. Something had awakened him. He looked around the room, straining his eyes to see whatever or whomever it was.

He was overcome with sheer terror over the possibility that he was being visited by a supernatural being, maybe the spirit of some tortured soul whose life had been violently ended many moons ago.

A Gwisin is what his mom had always called them, a spirit that has died but has not passed on to the afterlife, typically remaining on earth to complete some unfinished business.

He knew all the stories of how Gwisin were often in the form of a female with long black hair covering her face and that's exactly what he expected to see.

Gwisin were all too familiar to him since you couldn't have a good Korean horror film without one.

Pretty soon he realized there was no one else in the room, physically or otherwise. But that couldn't be, he was sure he had been awakened by a touch moments earlier.

As he lay there, paralyzed with fear, he began to notice that something just wasn't right. His body felt strange, in a way he couldn't rightly find the words to describe.

He lay there unmoving for several more minutes while feeling strange, prickly sensations all over his body.

What's happening, he wondered, attributing the sensations to extreme fear.

Finally, after several minutes, the paralyzing sensations stopped and although he still felt strange, he gathered his courage and moved.

Something hit his bicep when he turned over on his side and leaned forward to switch the lamp on.

The light from Chong Won's bedside lamp began to illuminate the room and he carefully scanned from the bedroom door to the window on the other side of the room.

In front of the open window, he saw something that made his body hair stand on end when he caught sight of it, but it only took a second for him to realize the four foot shadowy figure was nothing more than the pedestal fan that stood in the corner, unplugged because his mom forbid him to run it during the night.

This was due to her belief that stories of the death of a person from a fan left running for many hours in a closed up room, known as fan death, was real.

He glanced back over at the open closet before looking down to find that the t-shirt he had on was not the top he had worn to bed.

The shirt he knew he had worn to bed was a worn out gray, Empire Strikes Back shirt. The same one he had worn to bed several nights a week for the past three years.

The shirt he now had on was a brand new, black, fitted tee he had never seen before. It had lettering in a rainbow of bold, glittery colors across the front that read, "I'm only single because I can't date my favorite K-pop boy band member."

Beyond the shock and confusion of the change in shirts was the realization of what had hit his arm.

Chong Won could see the roundness of what was unmistakably breasts.

"What the hell," he exclaimed as he jumped out of bed.

No sooner then his feet hit the floor did he discover the shirt was longer than any t-shirt he'd ever owned and it covered the shorts he always slept in, dropping all the way down to mid-thigh.

Lifting the tail of the shirt he found he was no longer wearing his shorts either, nor did he have on his usual boxers. Instead, he found he had on tight, maroon colored, cotton hip-hugger briefs with no opening in the front.

His legs were smooth, hairless, and skinnier than before. His hips wider and the front of his underwear smooth, flat, and completely devoid of any manhood.

His hands immediately moved to his chest, where he could feel the small but ample breasts. They were enough to fill his now dainty hands, which he inspected next.

His fingers were shorter and smaller around than they should have been and each nail contained alternating brown, yellow, and white stripes or polka dots.

He looked up and caught a small, quick reflection of light as it briefly flashed next to his head in the dresser mirror across the room. He reached up to inspect his earlobes only to discover they were pierced and had a tiny little diamond stud in each.

Still looking through the mirror, Chong Won suddenly spotted, thanks to the dim light of the bedside lamp, a dark figure standing in the shadows near his closet door, on the opposite side of the room from the fan.

He spun around toward the closet.

"Who's there," he called out.

He could definately see the unmistakable outline of a person, but no response came.

He gathered his courage and took a shaky, nervous step closer.

From here he could make out stringy black hair completely covering the face of the figure. It wasn't long, flowing hair like the descriptions of Gwisin in the horror movies he had seen, but more like a Korean boy in bad need of a haircut.

Chong Won took several steps backwards towards the light switch next to the bedroom door, while keeping his eyes on the dark figure.

The figure raised its hand straight out in front and wagged a finger back and forth.

Chong Won got the message and immediately froze in place.

The figure moved a couple feet towards him, not really stepping, but gliding in his direction. From this angle, he could see this figure looked young, maybe his age, but it's appearance was that of someone who had probably been dead for many years.

The figure moved another foot closer and Chong Won could see it was definately a young boy, even though his head was tilted downward and his gaze unmoving, as he stared at the floor.

"W-who are you? An-and w-w-w-what do y-you want?"

In a deep, creepy, crackling, yet quiet voice, the gwisin slowly responded, "I hereee for you. I watch you for couple yearssss now. I see you dreams and understand you hopes and fears. You, youuuu just like me. I dreamed, every night aaabout the same tings you dreeeeam of, wiiiished for same tings you dream of. Wanted exactly what you desiiiire. I not get chance to realize my dreams be-cause daaaad found out and beat meeee while telling me how much of disgrace to family I wassss. I fell into coma and die. After death I found out I couldn't cross over to the other siiiide until I found some---one like meeee and helped them to achieve that which I could--notttttttt."

A huge smile spread across Chong Won's face as he, or maybe I should say, she finally realized what was happening.

This should have been a bigger surprise to her, but it was a dream she had lived out hundreds of times before in her mind, each time occurring under different circumstances, but each time concluding the same way. At this moment she believed it to be, yet again, another one of those dreams.

"Yyyyyou believe this to be yet another dreaaaam, not unlike every other night of your life, bbbut you're wrong. Watch thiiis."

At that moment the jet black hair on Chong Won's head, which was normally  thick and full on top of his head, but not long enough to reach the bottom began to grow. She could now feel it sprouting from every hair root buried in head and tickling her ears as she moved her head.

Still unsure if this was a dream or not, Chong Won grabbed some of the new fat on her hips, between her thumb and first finger, and squeezed. Her now, longer than her fingertip nails painfully cut into the flesh as she pinched herself.

The pain was all too real.

Chong Won paused in fear. The smile fell from her face as a chill ran down her spine.

She now knew what the Gwisin said was true, this was no dream.

After a few moments she asked a question, "What do I do now?"

"Yyyou want to know what's going to hhhappennnn when your mom finds you like thisssss."

- - -

- - -

- - -

"Um, yeah."

"Shhhhhe won't know."

"Whatta you mean."

"Thissss exactly like you dream."

"Wait, wait, wait. So you're telling me that from this moment forward, it will be like I was born a girl. Everyone's memories of me from birth until now will be of me growing up a Yeoja?"

(Yeoja, - Korean for Female, lady, woman, she)

"-- -- Yyyyyes."

The gwisin turned to leave, but before it could go, Cheong Won called out.

"Wait! What's my name in this new reality?"

The gwisin immediately replied with another question, "Who's your favorite female celebrity?"

"Hyun-a," she quickly replied.

"Kim Chong Won," the gwisin spoke, calling her by her male, and soon to be former, name. "That issss no loooonger your name. Kim Chong Won no longer exiiiists, never exiiiisted. The name your Omma gave you at biiiiirth is Kim Hyu Na."

(Omma=mother)

As soon as he said the name, the gwisin disappeared.

From what sounded like a far away place, Chong Won, or um, Hyu Na heard the gwisin say one more thing," Aaaaask you Ommaaaaa about saengridae, you gonna need onnnnne."

(saengridae=sanitary napkin or menstrual pad)

A cold chill ran down Hyu Na's spine as she looked back into the dark mirror again. After again pinching herself just to verify, she then rushed toward the bedroom door and flipped on the light.

Returning to the mirror she inspected her new self throughly. The face was the same face, yet slightly softer, a bit thinner, with thicker lashes, a feminine 'V' line jaw, and a little rosier around the cheeks. The breast were definitely real and her hips were full and round.

Turning to the side, she saw the figure of a beautiful young girl.

The smile that was now plastered across her face, would not disappear. Her black hair wasn't very long, almost a boyish cut, but she loved it. It wasn't overly feminine, but it was wavy and cute, even if it was no longer than the bottom of her earlobes.

She once again ran her hands over her new chest and continued downward across her flat, ab-less stomach.

She continued further still until her hands reached the waistband of her panties. She paused, a little apprehensive about what she assumed she would find, but at the same time, excited, hoping with all her heart that what used to be there would no longer be.

She had to know for certain and quickly slipped her hand into her panties and down between her thighs.

Immediately her finger hit a soft, fleshy nub, surrounded by folds of moist flesh and a warm, comforting sensation spread throughout her lower half. Her hand discovered other flesh and she knew that it was all exactly as she had always wished it could be.

Removing her hand from her panties, she discovered a tiny bit of blood on two of her fingers. She looked down to find blood also spotting the front of her panties.

Immediately she ran from her room, towards the master bedroom.

"Omma! OMMAaaaaa," she cried out in a high-pitched feminine wail . . . . .

: : : : THE END : : : :

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 342 35
'queer people exist. choosing not to accept them is not an option' ~~ short mini stories on dnp i do not write smut in any form so don't ask or worr...
175K 5.3K 27
-COMPLETED- Boyxboy One Shots and Short Stories. SHORT STORIES: This is going to be my dumping ground for all the random stories that pop into my he...
6 0 60
A story where 20 diverse characters with different sexualities or gender identities, as well as different backgrounds and hobbies, are each presente...
81.8K 6.3K 13
A short story inspired by my 2 most favorite shows!! ***All regular credits*** Random updates