daily dm || harry styles || c...

By prettylittleirishboy

"you're never going to read this, are you?" ~~~~ Ellie Potts has it all. The friends. The grades. The per... More

@elliepotts_
@gracie_girlie
@milaparkerxo
@that_chica_mieka
@scarlett_i_martin
@jazzy_g_
@baparker
@josh_moore99
@theirish_oconnell
@mullingar_girl
@c_tan_
@ameliafranklin
@bangtan_girl
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVIII
XLIX
L
E P I L O G U E

XLVII

4.2K 104 38
By prettylittleirishboy

ya later update???

so i published this on my iPad but it apparently didn't work

so here we go again

I'm sorry if u freaked out over the notif and it's a chapter you've already read

i love you x

~~~~

THE RETURN HOME

Ellie was trying to look over Becca's shoulder. Yeah, yeah, she was nosy, she got that, but halfway through the drive Becca had let out a noise somewhat like a cat being strangled and started frantically typing on her phone, and Ellie really wanted to know why.

For the last five minutes Ellie had been stealing glances at her screen, but she honestly wasn't getting anywhere. Becca kept shooting her little glares each time she caught her. Before all this weirdness started, Ellie and Maia had been surprised at the airport by Becca, Jamie, and Ellie's aunt. Maia was content enough talking with Jamie, which she'd been doing for most of the drive.

Ellie caught snatches of their conversation every now and then, and it seemed to be either something to do with AFL or food. Becca had been talking with Ellie, before she got the mysterious text message. What was going on?

Her aunt's phone buzzed in the front, and at the next red light, she reached over to check it. Her eyes scanned over the screen before flicking quickly to Becca, who was sitting in the front seat.

"Hey, Ellie, as much as I want to stick around and catch up," her aunt said slowly, "I've got to drop Becca off somewhere after we get home, okay? I should be back but I'm not sure about her." Ellie blinked. She couldn't help but be a bit disappointed. Was her cousin (who she hadn't seen in a year) blowing her off because of someone she'd been texting for five minutes?

Maybe they were prearranged plans. Maybe that quick glance meant nothing. As much as Ellie's gut was telling her it wasn't nothing, she decided to relax and just try to enjoy being home for the first time in a while, with one of her best friends.

"That's fine," she said, no matter how much she knew it wasn't, "I'm sure my parents would have kicked you out to spend time with me anyway." Her aunt laughed and nodded.

"I'm really sorry, Ellie," Becca said, smiling sympathetically, "But I had these plans for a while, and we didn't know you'd be arriving today." Ellie nodded.

"It's fine, B, I don't mind." She didn't mind, but if she was being honest, she didn't exactly believe Becca either. She had always been a better liar than Ellie, and Ellie was damn good at lying. While her aunt wasn't watching in the rearview mirror, she narrowed her eyes at Becca as if to say 'I know what you're doing'.

Considering she didn't actually know what was going on, Ellie thought she might go ahead and have some fun. "So, Becca, these plans. Who exactly are they with?" She could've sworn she heard Becca swallow, but Ellie hoped she'd made the question sound genuinely curious enough that Becca would think she bought it.

"A friend. Someone I met online," she said as if she'd had to genuinely think, "I'm actually not too sure what we're going to do. They weren't very specific. And before you worry, like I know you will, they're definitely who they say they are."

"Is it a boy?" This should be interesting. Ellie could see one of Becca's cheeks, and it was basically a tomato shade. "Considering you look like a fire truck, I'm assuming he's a boy."

"Yeah. Yeah, they're a boy," Becca said, nodding, "But it should only be for a few hours, and then I'll be all yours." She looked over her shoulder to flash Ellie a winning smile. This kid was good.

"How come you're meeting up so early? It's barely eight in the morning." Becca laughed, as if she knew something Ellie didn't. Well, she kind of did.

"Ask him." She smiled again, a kind of knowing smile. "I guess if you knew who he was, you'd definitely know why." Ellie cocked her head slightly to the side, a silent question. "He likes to get up really early, I think."

That sounded sketchy. Ellie had definitely said sketchier things before, obviously, but if Becca was trying to be smart, she wasn't getting away with that.

With that being said, Ellie also knew that she shouldn't push things when Becca's mum was in the car. So far, it had sounded like light, cousin-ish banter, but she figured that if she tried to uncover any more information, someone (her aunt) might catch on.

Ellie didn't realise how long she'd been occupied by her own thoughts until her aunt's car swerved in front of a house that she knew just a little bit too well. With a groan, she opened the door and pulled herself out, not bothering to turn and check if Maia and Jamie had followed her too.

"Bye, Ellie," her aunt said through the window after she'd grabbed the suitcases, "I'm going to drop Becca off now, okay? I'll be back in an hour or so." Ellie smiled at her and waved, before the car pulled out of its spot and into the street.

Now, Ellie would just have to wait to find out what Becca was doing.

INSTAGRAM

@elliepotts_ - 13.05.2017

@elliepotts_ : missed you kiddo x @jamie_potts15

maiaharrison, mullingar_girl, and 122,338 others like this post

COMMENTS - 2.3K

@maiaharrison : 📸

@elliepotts_ : piss off @maiaharrison

@maiaharrison : i just want the cREDIT I DESERVE

@jamie_potts15 : it's okay maia i appreciate your photography

@elliepotts_ : is the reason you finally got instagram because you wanted to be mean to your sister @jamie_potts15

@jamie_potts15 : yes

@maiaharrison : nice going @jamie_potts15

@jamie_potts15 : i know @maiaharrison

@myhearthallie : WAIT THATS NOT SYDNEY

MORE COMMENTS

÷

B E C C A

"So, Becca, care to explain?" Damn it. She honestly thought she'd gotten away with it, since they were now on their way to Adelaide Airport without questions, up until this point.

"Explain what?" Becca decided to go with the innocent route. After all, maybe her mum wanted her to explain her latest maths problem or something. Dare to dream, right?

"You know what. Why did I, halfway through the journey to your aunt's house, receive a text message from you saying 'after we drop Ellie off, you need to drop me off somewhere'? You can't play dumb with me, Becca. I'm a better liar than you are." Fair enough, actually. Her mum had always been good at lying - it was the reason she'd been convinced to eat any vegetables as a child (she thought they would taste like chocolate, okay?).

"It's kind of a long story..." Becca said, hoping that her mum would drop the question, "I'm not sure if we've really got time."

"Becca, I hope you know that I will pull over and turn around if you don't tell me what the hell is going on." Well, it looked like she was going to have to spin some story. Then again, if she told her that she was going to meet a friend or something, her mum might be a little surprised when Harry Styles (presumably Anne and Gemma, although Becca wasn't getting her hopes up) showed up.

"Do you know who the last person Ellie dated was?" Her mum looked like she was trying to search inside her memories, so Becca was assuming that the answer to her question was no. There was no point in waiting for her answer, considering they were back on the road now, and Becca didn't want her confused. "It was Harry Styles, mum." Out of the corner of her eye, Becca saw her mum's eyes open a little bit wider.

Had she really not known? God, what was wrong with her family?

"Ellie dated Harry Styles? Why does that have anything to do with us going to the airport?" Becca let out an exasperated sigh. She thought her mum was supposed to be smarter than her - well, her mum always liked to say she was smarter, but it really seemed like she wasn't.

"We're going to pick up Harry Styles. Ellie broke up with him, because she's an idiot, and he's flown halfway around the world." Then, her mum did the unthinkable. She laughed.

"Come on, Becca, be serious. Is one of your friends coming home from a holiday?" So her mum didn't believe her. Bloody brilliant, considering they were only a few minutes away from the airport by now.

"Mum, why would I lie about meeting Harry Styles? Just please, trust me on this one, okay? We need to go to the private terminal of Adelaide Airport, or at least the entrance." Her mother didn't seem to have a counterpoint to that.

"Fine, Becca, but while we wait I'm expecting proof, okay? If not, it won't be good for you. You'd better not have lied." Becca had to try really hard not to roll her eyes at that one. Her mum actually still thought she'd lied. Well, she'd have to film her reaction when Harry actually showed up. Hopefully that wouldn't take too long.

The rest of the ride passed in relative silence, considering her mother seemed to have received the answers she wanted. Well, not really, but she assumed that Becca was lying.

She'd show her.

Eventually, they pulled up outside the airport. Becca hadn't exactly asked, but she'd assumed they'd be coming through some kind of private terminal. Oh well. She might as well send him a message anyway, to be sure.

@mullingar_girl : harold are you coming through the private terminal or do you have some super great disguise that i need to look out for

@mullingar_girl : because either way we're parked outside the private terminal entrance so if you could come to us that'd be great it's a white bmw thanks love u

Now, Becca could breath easy and just wait for a response. Maybe he was on some fancy plane with WiFi? Honestly, she had no idea how planes for fancy people worked. Once she'd fixed their relationship and become Harry's best friend, however, she was obviously going to use his private jet all the time. At least, that's how it played out in her head.

Twenty minutes later, her mother got fed up. "Becca, please. I, unlike you, actually want to spend time with Ellie while she's here, and waiting at the airport for half an hour is not my idea of a fun weekend."

"Mum, please, just wait a few more minutes. I swear he's coming." Becca could clearly tell that her mum didn't believe her. She'd never quite had the best attitude towards One Direction, as long as Becca had been a fan of them."

"Becca, grow up! You need to get out of your fantasy world where you're about to meet Harry Styles, and start thinking about the fact that your cousin who you haven't seen in a long time is finally here. You're blowing her off for a lie, Becca, and I won't have it!" Then, Becca heard a knock. And then another one. Turning slowly and crossing her fingers that it wasn't a security guard coming to kick them out, Becca looked over her shoulder and nearly burst into tears, before flinging the door open and jumping out.

She didn't check to see if her mum had followed her, because she had slightly bigger things on her hands. Things like Harry Styles, and the fact that he was standing less than a metre away from her. Becca could probably faint.

"You're Becca, right?" Well, if she hadn't had a heart attack when he texted her she sure as hell was about to have one now.

"Yes, and I'm assuming you're Harry Styles? I mean, it's not like I'd know or anything." Becca silently thanked whatever higher power there was for not making her voice incredibly shaky in that exact moment.

"I believe I am, yes. This is Gemma, and that's my mum, Anne." He grinned, and the two women behind him waved. She was going to die. Although, Becca couldn't help it. She laughed.

"Harry, what kind of fangirl do you take me for? I know who Anne and Gemma are, you dolt." She'd done it. She'd called Harry Styles a dolt.

"I told you, Harry, I'm their favourite Styles." Gemma walked up and hit her brother on the shoulder. "Anyway, I really want to hug you, but I just so happen to be carrying someone's suitcase." She shot a glare over to Harry, and Becca laughed slightly under her breath.

"Just chuck them in the back of the car, but Harry, since you're clearly not taking care of your own things, can I hug you?" She smiled and winked, and he laughed before nodding. Then, she was hugging Harry Styles.

What the hell was happening to her life?

When Harry let her go, the first thing Becca did was look for her mum. Well, maybe not the first thing. The actual first thing she did was squeal like she'd just met Harry Styles (well, she had) and do a weird little happy dance. Then, she checked to see if her mother had gotten out of the car yet.

She hadn't. Honestly, what was up with her today? Yes, she'd accused Becca of lying, but now that Becca was clearly right, she could at least swallow her pride and say hello.

"Excuse me, darling?" Becca looked back to her front to see Anne smiling at her. She couldn't decide if her life was weird or perfect, honestly. "I just wanted to say thank you. Even if this doesn't work out, you're happy enough to uproot your life for a little while to help my son. I hope you understand how much it means to me and Gemma, it hurt a lot to see him crying so much the past little while." If she kept going on, Becca was going to be crying too in no time.

"I'm just really thankful for you, for letting him come and at least try," Becca said, smiling, "I think my cousin might be the biggest idiot ever for breaking up with Harry Styles, but I honestly don't know her reasons. I think that's something Harry has to find out himself by talking too her, you know?" Anne was nodding along, so Becca assumed she'd gotten through to her. "And if you don't mind me asking, do you think you can forgive Ellie? Or at least hear her out?" Her face must have portrayed exactly how worried Becca was about this, because Anne placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Sweetheart, of course I can. I believe that she must have had a reason to do what she did. Gemma was very mad, yes, but although I hated seeing my son hurt, I understand where Ellie was coming from. Naturally, I don't know her exact reasons, but a relationship where you can only communicate through the internet was always going to be hard," Anne said, and Becca thought it was probably more to reassure her than anything, "Ellie was nothing short of lovely when she and Harry visited, and I think that seeing my son as happy as he was then would make me just as happy as when I first met Ellie." Without another word, Anne opened her arms, and Becca hugged her.

She might have cried a little, but it was only because she'd been absolutely terrified. She knew Harry obviously wanted to take Ellie back, but what if Anne and Gemma never quite let it go? Becca knew that Gemma had been really mad, but she didn't know anything else. When Anne let her go, she wiped one of the tears from her cheek and gave her a small smile, before walking over to her son.

Without her noticing, Gemma had walked up to her while she was still talking with Anne. "Hey, Becca." Gemma smiled at her slightly. "I'm going to assume from what I heard of your conversation with mum, that you want to know if I'm still mad at Ellie, right?"

"I mean, if you don't mind telling me, yeah," Becca stuttered, "It's just that she's my cousin, and I know Harry wants to take her back, but if you're never going to forgive her then I know she'll just hate herself more and I don't want her to go through that again, I've seen it once, and she'll start thinking she's not good enough, and then they'll break up again-" "Becca." Gemma cut her off my saying her name. Obviously she hadn't meant to be rude, Becca had been word vomiting slightly.

"I was mad at the start. God, I was so, so mad, and then Ellie told me that she still loved him, and if anything I got madder. But after a while I kind of understood. I knew Ellie thought she had to do it, and I knew she felt like such a terrible person afterwards. I saw her point of view, I suppose. I think that Harry's better with her than without her. Truth be told, she makes him happy, and she's one of my friends. I was never really going to stay mad for long." Becca nodded. The amount of relief she was feeling at the moment was significant. "Besides, I think our mums are becoming friends - look." Gemma pointed just past Becca, and she turned.

Anne and her mum were having a discussion about something, while Harry loaded the suitcases into the car. Interesting.

Becca honestly didn't know how long Harry and his family were going to be staying with them, but she had a feeling it was going to be a pretty interesting time.

~~~~

filler amiright

oh well Becca and Harry and Gemma and Anne are cute hehe

also the wifi has decided to stop working! again!

i would like to die now please

but ya

next few chapters things start wrapping up 

I don't wanna

until next time

all the love, K xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 5.7K 80
Louis is 20 years old to Harry's 18. Louis mistakenly messages Harry on Instagram, and they quickly form a connection over being complete idiots. • •...
5.2K 71 10
Harry and Louis were the happiest couple, they had everything they could ask for, yes, they were closeted by their management but that didn't matter...
35.7K 1K 25
Harry is in his second year of high-school but high-school would've been torture without his brother, Liam and his bestfriend, Niall. And it was abo...
25.7K 608 28
Summary: five years ago, harry styles left his tiny home town to make it big as a recording artist. he didn't have much regard for what he left behin...