24 Hours.

By fivesaucewhoop

Where a naive girl with lots of baggage and a rockstar that can't seem to think of anyone but himself fall in... More

24 Hours - blurb
0.1 - first encounters
0.2 - problem
0.3 - cell phone calls
0.4 - angel
0.5 - middle seat
0.6 - first name basis
0.7 - nicknames
0.8 - good girl
0.9 - help
1.0 - fifties
1.1 - google
1.2 - thoughts
1.3 - leaving
1.4 - lip bites
1.5 - twenty questions
1.6 - ham and cheese, please
1.7 - tips
1.8 - confessions
1.9 - apologies
2.0 - blame
2.1 - hashtag i don't knows
2.2 - tears
2.3 - adventure
2.4 - red one
2.5 - hair ties
2.7 - tokens
2.8 - hiding
2.9 - first kisses
3.0 - hate
3.1 - stories
3.2 - little things
3.3 - sweatshirts
3.4 - dinner
3.5 - shopping
3.6 - break
3.7 - out
3.8 - strippers
3.9 - hot dogs
4.0 - beach
4.1 - skinny dipping
4.2 - pictures
4.3 - tattoos
4.4 - more tears
4.5 - rooftop
4.6 - idontknowwhattocallthis
4.7 - ice cream
4.8 - frick frack
4.9 - more phone calls
5.0 - wait
5.1 - breakfast
5.2 - window seat
5.3 - plane sex¿
5.4 - home
5.5 - broken promises
5.6 - hospitals
5.7 - EVEN MORE TEARS
5.8 - surprise
5.9 - lyrics
6.0 - notsurewhattocallthiseither
6.1 - finally
6.2 - awk
6.3 - date
6.4 - goodNIGHT
Epilogue

2.6 - phone numbers

392K 10.3K 19.2K
By fivesaucewhoop

2:45 PM

"But, Luke, I just don't understand." Skylar whined, pacing back and forth in front of him.

They were still at the park and Luke was still laying on the ground, his sweatshirt now off of his body and rolled into a ball under his head, leaving him in just his t-shirt. Surprisingly it hadn't started to rain yet, even though the clouds were getting darker by the second, so Luke and Skylar hadn't decided to leave the park just yet.

After a lot of begging, Skylar finally convinced Luke to take out his phone and play one of his bands songs for her, since she had never heard them before. Skylar was practically shaking with excitement, why she thought was kind of weird, because it was only a song and Luke was only a boy, she didn't need to feel this way about things like this. But she felt it anyway, and now she was almost regretting listening to the song, because she was beyond confused.

"Skylar, calm down, come sit." Luke said, patting the the ground next to him.

"I just don't get it!" Skylar groaned, "What even is American Apparel underwear?"

"It's a brand? I don't know, I don't wear it. Come sit." Luke repeated, holding out his hand for Skylar to take. She stopped pacing and stood next to him, grabbing his hand in hers and intertwining their fingers. Luke swung their hands back and forth, laughing as Skylar glared down at him.

"This song makes no sense." She huffed, pouting just a little. Her hair was in her face again and she desperately wanted to go grab another hair tie, but Luke wasn't letting her.

"Sure it does." Luke shrugged.

"Oh really? Enlighten me." Skylar rolled her eyes, suddenly taking a seat next to Luke. It obviously startled him, because he flinched.

"Like... A guy and a girl bang, and the next morning she's wearing his underwear for whatever reason and the guy sees her and he's kinda like 'hey, she looks really perfect, I wanna spend the rest of my life with her'. Hence the whole 'I'm so down' part. Like, he's so down to be with her forever." Luke explained, and Skylar nodded slowly, beginning to see the point of the song.

"But why would she wear his underwear?" Skylar asked blankly, tilting her head to the side in question.

"Beats me." Luke shrugged again, and so did Skylar. She figured that that was probably the best explanation of that song she was ever going to get, coming from the man that sings it himself.

"Who's signing this part?" Skylar asked, leaning in closer to Luke to hear the music. There was a plane flying over them, and it was difficult to hear for the next few seconds.

"Still me." Luke laughed - he'd answered this question twice already -and Skylar nodded. She really liked Luke's voice, but she wanted to hear it in real life, in person.

"Can you sing for me?" She asked, giving Luke a big smile.

"Not now." Luke shook his head. He grabbed his phone again and began scrolling through it, in search of a new song.

"When?" Skylar pouted again, and Luke finally looked up from his phone. His face softened, seeing Skylar pout, and his lips curled up at the sides into a small smile.

"I'll sing for you later tonight, okay? I promise." Luke assured her, turning his attention back to his phone again. The song changed, and Skylar almost recognized it for a second, but then she realized she was thinking of a different song.

"This is one of our older ones, Heartbreak Girl." Luke said, setting his phone down on his stomach. Skylar wondering if the phone was taking the place of Luke's future fat cat that he wanted so badly. Phones gave off heat sometimes, right?

"Who's singing?" Skylar asked. The voice sounded different than Luke's, but he hadn't told her who else in the band songs, so she wasn't sure who it was.

"Calum." Luke answered, closing his eyes.

"Does Michael sing?" Skylar teased, knowing that Luke wasn't going to want to talk about this. He didn't like when she brought up Michael, because he thought she had a crush on him.

"Why do you have such a crush on Michael?" Luke groaned, opening one of his eyes to look at Skylar, almost like he was permanently winking at her.

"I don't!" Skylar defended. She thought Michael was cute, but she didn't have a crush on him. She had a crush on Luke, obviously, she knew him better than she knew Michael anyway.

"I have some pretty embarrassing pictures of him, if you want to see." Luke laughed mischievously, sitting up and picking his phone up again.

"I've seen worse of you, Mr. 'I'm so wasted I can't even walk'." Skylar laughed.

"Hey, that was one time." Luke groaned, rolling his eyes again.

"Please sing for me." Skylar said again, not willing to give up. She loved how Luke's voice sounded on the recording, but she really wanted to hear him sing something right there, right in front of her.

"No." Luke laughed, shaking his head.

Skylar groaned and moved again, so she was laying down next to Luke. He grabbed her wrist and tugged her closer to him, making her rest her head on his shoulder. They stared up at the sky again, watching the clouds that looked like they could open up with rain at any second.

"Please, Luke, sing something for me." She begged. Luke rolled over so he was on his side, facing Skylar. He took a deep breath, before he started yelling.

"AND WE DANCED ALL NIGHT TO THE BEST SONG EVER..." Luke screamed at the top of his lungs, sending Skylar into a fit of giggles. That was one song that she had definitely heard before, and probably a few times too many. "WE KNEW EVERY LINE - "

"That's not what I meant!" Skylar laughed, shoving Luke away from her. The fact that he knew all of the words to a One Direction song worried her enough.

"You asked me to sing, you didn't give me any specifics." Luke laughed. He sat up and turned the music on his phone off, which put the whole park in a kind of eerie silence.

"I wanted you to really sing something, not belt out the lyrics of a One Direction song. Why do you even know that?" Skylar asked. Luke smiled, reaching out and tucking a piece of Skylar's hair behind her ear again. She really wanted to go put it in a ponytail again, but knew that it was no use trying.

"Hey, we toured with them a few years ago, the songs kind of stuck." Luke shrugged.

"You toured with One Direction?" Skylar gasped, and that only made Luke laugh harder. Skylar knew that Luke and his band was pretty famous, but she had no idea that they had toured with a band like One Direction. Weren't they the biggest boyband in the world? Skylar thought that that was a pretty big deal, and Luke said it so casually.

"Oh, boy. Are you in love with Harry Styles too? Hold on, I have his number, let me call him..." Luke sighed, picking up his phone again. He acted as if this had happened before, like he's been with girls that only want him for his connections with Harry Styles.

"No, no," Skylar said, putting a hand on Luke's to stop him. She didn't want to talk to Harry Styles, she didn't even like One Direction! "I'm not even a fan of them."

"Really? Sky, do you live under a rock?" Luke laughed, throwing his phone down on the ground again.

"No. I just think I like 5 Seconds of Summer more." Skylar shrugged, a smirk forming on her lips.

"You've only heard two songs!" Luke protested, shoving Skylar again. The shoves were almost like the shoulder bumps, Skylar liked them.

"Well I kind of have connections with the lead singer, so I have to like them." Skylar bit her lip, giving Luke another small shrug. Luke sat up as well, grabbing Skylar's hands again. They were only separated for a few seconds and he already wanted her back, it was like Luke couldn't stand to not be touched for a while.

"Yeah, yeah, connections my ass. I really can't do anything for you." Luke scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"You can hook me up with Harry Styles." Skylar suggested, playfully flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"You're 17, Sky, he's way too old for you." Luke laughed. He looked up at the sky again, the sound of thunder able to be heard in the distance.

"You're way too old for me." Skylar said, trying to stand up. Luke held tight onto her hands, not letting her get up just yet. She heard the storm in the distance, though, and wasn't really looking forward to getting caught in it.

"I am, but not as old as Harry Styles." Luke countered, taking his lip ring in teeth.

"Then it looks like I can't have either of you." Skylar sighed sarcastically, glancing around the park. Thankfully they were still completely alone, Skylar would hate for someone to overhear the conversation they were having at the moment.

"No, you can have me." Luke gave Skylar a cheesy smile, scooting closer to her.

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes, pushing Luke away from her.

Their ages was really the only issue for Skylar, because if they did decide stay in contact after this whole thing was over, she didn't know how people would react to the fact that Skylar was so much younger than Luke. She wasn't even very worried about the fact that Luke was so famous, because Skylar felt that maybe if Luke liked her the way that she liked him he would make things work, and it wouldn't matter that Luke was, well, who he was. But Skylar didn't want to get her hopes up, because she didn't even know if there was a chance of her and Luke.

"How old are the girls you usually date?" Skylar asked, forcing Luke to face her again and look into Skylar's eyes. She liked the way he was always doing that, staring straight at her.

"I don't exactly, erm, date girls." Luke shifted uncomfortably, almost looking like he was going to get up and run. Skylar immediately regretted asking such a question, it wouldn't change anything for either of them.

"How old are the girls you usually fuck?" Skylar rephrased the question, hoping that was the right way to say it.

"Whoa, Sky. Usually they're close to my age, I don't know. Why do you ask?" Luke asked, looking confused. He slowly reached out and grabbed Skylar's hand, knowing that it would comfort her.

"I was just wondering..." Skylar trailed off. She felt so stupid, she wasn't even sure why she had to blurt something out like that. They were having a completely normal conversation until Skylar's mind when off on it's own and decided to think up all of the possible problems that could come from her and Luke's age difference, even though it wasn't that big.

There were worse situations, right? Juliet was only thirteen and she married Romeo, who was a good three or four years older than her. Skylar wasn't planning on marrying Luke right now, all she really wanted to do was kiss him - maybe. He was only a year and a few months older than her, anyway. It was fine.

Before Luke had a chance to say anything else there was another huge clap of thunder above them and a flash of lightening, letting the pair know that they should probably go somewhere with a roof.

Luke jumped up from the ground and grabbed Skylar's backpack, putting the straps over his shoulders once again. Skylar secretly liked the way that he always insisted on carrying it, even though at first she pretended to be annoyed by it. Luke grabbed Skylar's hand again, pulling her up from the ground before handing her his sweatshirt to wear if she wanted.

"I think it's time to continue our adventure." Luke smirked at her, pulling her down the street, like he already had another plan.

"You mean there's more?" Skylar asked, feeling a drop of rain on her forehead.

Luke let out a loud laugh as more rain fell, and they both started running. "Sky, baby, we're just getting started!"

-

Skylar had a mini freak out about age I know but it'll make sense later in the story I promise :-)

SHES ONLY FREAKING OUT CUZ SHES BARELY 17 AND HAS NEVER SERIOUSLY DATED ANYONE BEFORE AND LUKE IS 19 AND HAS FUCKED HALF THE PLANET SO SHES JUST NERVOUS AND SCARED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 72 20
A seventeen year old girl named Presley has been posting covers of songs on YouTube and playing piano and guitar. But when 5 seconds of summer needs...
403 16 12
In which an innocent girl falls in love with a troubled addict
27.2K 486 43
Just what if a girl who doesn't give a care in the world, falls head over heels for an attention seeking literature teacher who has his life planned...
13.5K 97 27
A story about your average band girl who develops feelings for a rockstar