Where the Heart Lies

By YolieB

Overworked, underappreciated and seriously lacking in the love/sex department. That was Rachelle's life until... More

Prologue
If you say LOVE one more time....
Its not Blackmail :)
Mr. Magnificent
You didn't woo anyone, who didn't want to be wooed....
You've got quite a grip there...
'Sweet Kiss'
"....Bitch..You ain't got the balls."
Ross and Rachelle together again!
"Why don't you show me Princess."
"You're the Boss."
Surprise!
The Bet
"Damn skippy...you're parked in my spot!"
The Dance of Lovers
Can you say..." What an A**hole"
The plot thickens.....
The Decision is made....
Author's note
Mr. Moore
Love Hurts...
Let's be Friends
Things were going so well...
Screwed!
Call me pathetic...
Move to New York??
"Someone's in a hurry..."
Strawberries and Champagne Pt.1
Strawberries and Champagne Pt. 2
Looks can be deceiving
Author Note: NO LONGER ON HOLD
Do your job!
Check it out
White Picket Fences

"How convenient..."

105 3 0
By YolieB

A.N

I tried not to have you waiting too long this time-whith school starting for me know i need to share my time wisely but i wont neglect my story-its all i my head.

Nothing too, too exciting in this chapter but i think its a nice one- a little more of Ella and Dylan. i hope you enjoy it- :) 

Pic of Dylan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

xoxo

Yolie 

                                                                       Ella POV

I’ve spent the last three days avoiding Dylan, I mean how was I to pretend like we didn’t say I love you to each other. The point is we can’t, so I’ve decided to just avoid him and hope and pray the problem will just go away. Problem is that these past three days have also been hell, staying away from Dylan seemed to be causing me actual physical pain. Rachelle has been dealing with her own problems, between Eric and Caleb she had enough to deal with-I had to fix this on my own.

After all its not so bad, when people are in love, they’re  happy right, and Dylan makes me so happy-so what am I avoiding. 

“ Hey Ella, we’re heading out to lunch now-its your turn to treat today-and I’m hungry-so move.” Ricki, my pushy but oh so lovely assistant stuck her head and spoke. 

“It’s lunch time already…I haven’t completed a single thing this morning.” I said as I stood up and walked around my desk.

“That’s why you have me…” she threw her arms around my shoulders “…so don’t worry about that.” she started to pull me forward towards the door. 

As we sat down in the resturant, Ricki and the other girls starting up sharing the weekly gossip, and something about some new hot guy that just started working in the office across from us. I on the other hand was still lost in my Dylan situation, until I felt a nudge in my side. 

“Hey, I forgot. I wanted to ask whatever happened with you and that guy that came into the office once, the one that I helped set up that lunch date-you know the one that had an ass you could crack walnuts with.” Ricki giggled as she finished her question.

“Hm…nothing much really, we had lunch and talked. Why do you ask?” I looked at her with one eyebrow raised-trying my very best to play it cool, Dylan and I still hadn’t talked about making our relationship public yet. 

“Well, I guess just curious…” I nodded and turned back to my menu  as she continued “…and he’s right over there having lunch.” With that I snapped my head up to find what direction she was looking, and sure enough there was Dylan having lunch-but more importantly he was not alone and his guest was not male. 

In this moment I could feel my heart racing-and not the good kind-I kept telling myself to calm down, it could just be a simple lunch date with a client or something. Its wrong for me to jump to conclusions. 

Dylan’s a good man he wouldn’t cheat-but then again I haven’t exactly been the best girlfriend lately not retuning calls or messages maybe he thought we were over. Were we over? Was he really on a date with someone else? Panic started to rise within my chest, at least I think that’s what it is-I’ve never had such a reaction to anyone before-the thought of not being with Dylan or the sight of seeing him with someone else-he’s mine-goddamnit! 

“Ella? Are you ok?” Ricki asked while resting one of her hands on my shoulders. 

“I’m fine.” I snapped, in honesty I know they didn’t deserve it-they weren’t the ones I was pissed at but in this moment, for the life of me I could not think or see rationally. “Excuse me ladies, I don’t think I can join you for lunch today.” They were starting to protest, but I raised one hand which abruptly stopped all rambling. 

“I know its my week to treat, so Ricki just charge today’s lunch to my expense account-and enjoy.” Without waiting for a response from anyone I took off towards the exit. Don’t ask me why I was leaving, but I couldn’t stand the sight of him sitting there with another woman-I didn’t care if it was business or pleasure. I was just about to slip out unnoticed when I remembered something…I, Ella Rodriguez will not be tossed aside by any man. With that I spun around and made a beeline for Dylan’s table-a few waiters had to jump out of my way. As approached the table the woman looked up, Dylan was sitting with his back facing me so he was unaware of who was standing there, for all he knew it was just another waiter. 

“Hi, sorry for interrupting.” as soon as I spoke the words his back stiffened-he knew now who was standing behind him. At least he could still remember what I sounded like. 

“Hello?” the woman spoke obviously a little confused. 

“I only wanted to come over and say hello…how are you Dylan?”

“Uh…okay??” his reply sounded more of a question.

“Don’t be so shy Dylan, I know it must be a surprise to see me-but I’d hope it would at least be a pleasant one.” I said putting on a little pout. “I’m Ella Rodgriuez.” I stretched my hand out to properly introduce myself, as she moved to shake my hand-Dylan finally spoke. 

“Ella…this is Susan Willis, Susan this is Ella…” he took a deep breath and exhale slowly before finishing “…a friend of mine.” that’s all I managed to hear over the sound of my heart breaking. I’ll admit that really hurt, I tried to keep a stern face-but I could feel the tears burning my eyes. A friend? After all we’ve shared he just called me a friend. Whatever I stomped over here to accomplish-completely backfired. I stood there for a moment longer staring into his eyes, I needed to get away and fast-before I make a bigger fool of myself. 

“Well it was a pleasure, but I need to leave.” Once again I waited for no response and took off for the exit. I handed my ticket to the valet and  did my best to not cry, reaching for my phone to call Rachelle-this was definitely a best friend emergency. As I struggled to find my phone in my bag, I really need to organize this damn handbag-I heard my name-following the direction of the sound-I found Dylan standing in the doorway of the entrance. I managed to smile, but it was clear that it was extremely forced and not at all genuine. 

“Where are you running off to?” he asked as he got closer.

“I have to get back to the office, a lot of work to get done, you know.” 

“Why are you avoiding me Ella, even right now, you’re not even looking me in the eye.” I took the chance to meet his challenge-facing him head on and locking gazes. Was this the best idea-probably not.

“What do you want Dylan?” I said trying to sound as detached as possible.

“What I want is to know where have you been these past days-I’ve been trying to reach you. I was beginning to feel like a stalker.” he huffed out.

“Well doesn’t seem you took very long to bounce back…” I said under my breath.

“What did you just say?” he asked moving a step closer to me. But I didn’t reply to his question, “Ella…” 

“What?!” my anger was slowly coming back now, “ Why don’t you go back to your date-I’m sure she’s feeling quite lonely by now.” 

“First of, she is not my date. Secondly, I don’t see why you’d care, you’ve been MIA for the past three days Ella-nothing, not a word from you. And then you show up at my lunch table and expect me to just smile and pretend everything is okay.”

“I don’t expect anything from you Dylan…” what was taking that damn valet so long with my car. I heard him release a very frustrating groan, frustrating but damn he still sounded sexy. In that same moment I mentally slapped myself, so not the time to be thinking those thoughts. 

“Ella…” he breathed out, but this time he was standing right behind me and I could feel his warm breath tickling my neck. Involuntarily I closed my eyes a savoured the feeling as it spread throughout my body. “ I want you to tell me what’s wrong-why are running from me?” 

“I’m not running…I told you I have work to do.” afraid to turn back around and face him-I stood my ground, barely, for my knees felt very weak as I could feel him inching closer to my body. 

“You’re lying…you know your not a very good liar Ella…” Damn it, must he have this affect over me-he needs to go right now, better yet I should step away before I give into my urges. I started to take a step forward only to be instantly pulled back into his firm chest. “You’re not going anywhere just yet.” he started to kiss along my neck slowly-while sliding his right hand into my jacket-running along my stomach. Then suddenly with one fluid movement he spun me to face him, the sudden change in position cause my eyes to fly open. 

“What..a.are..you doing?” I stuttered. 

“Nothing you don’t want.” and with that he pressed his lips to mine-he didn’t use too much force but enough to let me know that there was no chance of him letting me go. He pulled away from the kiss too soon, “Now are you going to tell me what’s wrong.” 

“I don’t know…I don’t know what’s wrong.” I answered truthfully. I didn’t know what the problem was-was I upset he was out with another woman, date or not-or was it that I’m more upset with myself for practically driving him to date someone else.  

“Is it about what I said the other night?” he asked while running his hand along my cheek, stopping under my chin to raise my face to meet his.

 “Because Ella…” he released another frustrating sigh before continuing “…I do love you. These past days without having you around-thinking that maybe you didn’t want me-I was going insane. I know that this may be too soon-but I cant help it-I’m in love with you Ella.”

How does one respond to that-I need Rach-she was always good with the sappy stuff. Do I just say it back-because I do, I do love him-no questions asked. I tried for a few seconds to find the right words to say but no sound could escape. I just stood there watching him watch me. And then I did the only thing I could think of- I grabbed him by his collar and kissed the living daylight out of him. Completely forgetting my surroundings, the people around-I clung to him for dear life, my arms tightly around his neck and his wrapped around my waist. It all ended too soon as we heard someone clear their throats beside us. 

“Not that we aren’t enjoying the show, but I’m curious Dylan will you be joining us for lunch?” I looked over to see who was talking to us-fairly good-looking guy wearing glasses, in suit much like Dylan, if I had to guess a business colleague. I turned my head looking back at Dylan, also waiting for a response.

“Apologies Carter, it seems something urgent has come up that I need to see to personally- you understand don’t you?” Dylan replied not once looking away from me. 

“Yes…yes I can see that. Well I don’t think I need to tell you to enjoy the rest of you day.” and with that he walked away. 

“Who was that?” I asked curiously. 

“Carter…Susan’s husband.”

“ Oh…husband.” 

“Yes, husband. He was running late, so I was doing my best to entertain her till he arrived.” 

“ I’m sorry-I jumped to conclusions.”

“That’s okay, at least I can get something out of it.” he said with a smirk-it didn’t take much to figure out what he was thinking. 

“ Can you clear the rest of your day?” I whispered into his ear, while using my right thigh to brush between his legs. I could feel his breath hitch in his throat and with much effort he tried to answer my question but his response sounded  as a series of moans, which I took to mean yes.

Finally, I heard the valet approaching to hand over my keys- I quickly snatched them and pulled Dylan towards my car. 

“Allow me.” Dylan seemed to have found his voice again, with no hesitation I handed over the keys. As we pulled away from the restaurant, I turned towards Dylan, 

“Wherever we’re going, make it there fast.”

“Patience is a virtue, my dear Ella.” he chuckled.

“ That is true. But not for the woman who isn’t wearing any panties.” He snapped his head around to me- looking like a deer caught in headlights. I couldn’t help but laugh at his expression. 

“You’re lying-you tease. Why would you go to work with no panties on?”

“You’re right. I wouldn’t.” and with that I started to slowly hike up my skirt, exposing the full length of my leg-I must admit he was a very skilled driver-for his eyes never seemed to have left my legs the entire time.  

“Ella…” he shifted anxiously in his seat. As I reached the top hem of my lacy boy shorts- I pulled them down gently and slowly just for his benefit. I watched as his Adam’s apple bob up and down and listened to his ragged breath. When my panties were completely off I took them up from the floor and threw them in his lap, I couldn’t hold back the chuckle that escaped my lips as I watched his reaction. His gripped tightened on the steering wheel and he made a sharp right turn-startled by his sudden movements I looked around our surroundings. We were in a hotel parking lot. 

“How convenient…” I smiled and winked playfully at him. 

 _____________________________________________

I hope you liked---if you did you know what to do,Vote or Comment.

And look out for a new book coming soon--i have the idea floating around in my head at the moment-just need to write something down :)

see you soon-next update will be over the weekend ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 492 34
Aria is a sophomore in college, living in beautiful Oceanside, CA. She's in a sorority with her best friend and living her best life until she gets a...
4.9K 107 7
This Casanova,-who will remain unnamed- owns this castle type mansion and he fills it with all his 'Favorites' Together they live forever inside it...
112 57 18
This is a book about a twenty-two year old Daniel that's in a band and is dealing with grief after his brother's death. He meets Auborn, a girl that...
3.4K 141 22
I suggest reading Fallen, Behind Closed Doors, Till Death Do Us Part, and Cute Young Things before this one This is the final story with these charac...