Living Like Sleeping Beauty

By Claudiaxcf97

Sleeping Beauty? Ha! That girl had it easy. My name is Morgan Peters and I fall asleep at random times of the... More

Prologue
Chapter One - The Beginning Of The End
Chapter Two - Where Is Your Fairy God Mother When You Need Her?
Chapter Three - Meeting Prince Charming.
Chapter Four - It's Gym Time, Not Nap Time.
Chapter Five - The Blue Paint Accident.
Chapter Six - The Wicked Witch Of Tori-Ville.
Chapter Seven - The Seafood Disaster
Chapter Eight - The Green Eyed Morgan
Chapter Nine - The Dinner Party
Chapter Ten - Parenthood
Chapter Eleven - Annoying Babies And Arrogant Baby Daddies.
Chapter Twelve - The Tables Have Turned.
Chapter Thirteen - Don't Tell Me I Can't Be Sexy.
Chapter Fourteen - A Night To Remember
Chapter Fifteen - Cute
Chapter Sixteen - Making Enemies
Chapter Seventeen - When Siblings Fight
Chapter Eighteen - Tension
Chapter Nineteen - Kicking and Screaming
Chapter Twenty - Flavour of the Month
Chapter Twenty One - Two Birds, One Stone.
Chapter Twenty Two - Let The Wooing Begin.
Chapter Twenty Three - Detours
Chapter Twenty Five - Scenery
Chapter Twenty Six - Persuasive
Chapter Twenty Seven - Busted By a Four Year Old.
Chapter Twenty Eight - Confessions
Chapter Twenty Nine - Baby Steps
Chapter Thirty - The Performance
Chapter Thirty One - Drama
Chapter Thirty Two - Foolish
Chapter Thirty Three - Reality Check
Chapter Thirty Four - Operation Hurt
Chapter Thirty Five - Deals & Misunderstandings
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty Seven - Getting To Know You
Chapter Thirty Eight - An Unappreciated Warning
Chapter Thirty Nine - Preparations For Showtime.
Chapter Forty - Her Regret
Chapter Forty One - An Old Friend
Chapter Forty Two - Alone
Chapter Forty Three - Surrounded with the Familiar
Chapter Forty Four - The Recovery Period

Chapter Twenty Four - Is This Public Enough For You?

153K 3.9K 931
By Claudiaxcf97

I know... It has been ages since my last update. But in my defence, I just finished exams and this past week I have been emotionally and physically exhausted and anything I would have wrote would have been gibbergabber. So hopefully this long chapter will make up for it. I don't know how I feel about it, I might go back and edit it partly because I was rushing to get something wrote for you guys. But I'm all ready to keep writing and I promise you won't have to wait this long again. 

So enjoy and don't forget to vote.

Chapter 24 - Is This Public Enough ForYou?

As I stepped out into the cool air of the night I could feel a smile spread across my face. I had stood up for Scott. I had shown that pig that he couldn’t treat people like that and get away with it. It felt as if I had finally grown a back bone and did what I felt was right.

Outside of the restaurant sat two pots of white roses. I sighed as skipped over to where they were, sensing as Scott followed. I lightly held one of the rose heads and lowered my head smelling them. A smile graced my face as caught the heavenly scent.

“Did you know what white roses mean?” I asked casually. I felt his presence behind me without looking around.

“No.” I heard him say.

His voice was so close that it shocked me. My head felt light and I could feel my heart beating, adrenaline running through my veins as I continued to feel drunk on the high of having him so close to me.

Then, by no means a surprise, I fell to the ground fast asleep. Thankfully not for too long. I awoke to see Scott’s concerned face above mine, half cradling me in his strong arms.

“Are you okay?” He asked once he saw my eyes flutter open. I nodded my head, basking in the closeness of his face was to mine. I could feel his minty breath breeze against my cheeks. His forest green eyes watched me, still sparkling with the anger he had felt just a few minutes ago with his father but also there was worry in there too that gave me hope that he did actually care about me.

“You didn’t finish your sentence.” He reminded me. “About the white roses?”

I drank in his masculine features and almost sighed at the sight. No wonder all the girls fell for him. He might as well be the son of a God that is how perfect he is. I felt speechless to have him so close to me.

“You’ll just have to Google it later.” I smiled. He chuckled along with me, showing off his shiny whites teeth.

If I moved just, our lips would touch. It would be really romantic. Falling over and having the guy of your dreams sweeping you up into his arms and stealing a kiss. But then I remembered that this wasn’t a fairy tale. I needed to show him who was in charge. Scott Williams is a player and I currently was his new play thing. Piper had made it clear to me what I had to do. And I was going to do it no matter what.

I averted my eyes and without his help, pushed myself onto my feet and out of his arms, patting my dress down. Scott continued to kneel on the ground where I previously lay in his arms, probably still in shock.

“We need to find Tessa and Chase.” I reminded him. This brought him out of his daze. He nodded his head silently and stood to his feet. By his shocked appearance, it seemed that not many girls would give up the chance to kiss him. And I was even quite flabbergasted at what I had did myself. But I knew what I was doing was the right thing. I needed to know if he just wanted a new ‘flavour of the month’ or did he actually like me. And tonight was the night to find out.

We didn’t find Chase or Tessa anywhere. They simply disappeared. We checked nearby diners, coffee shops and even public toilets. But they were nowhere to be found. Either they had both decided to go home and call it quits or they wanted a little privacy. Whatever happened, I wanted to know.

Scott was on his best behaviour. Chase had taken his car so I drove with Scott in his flashy sleek black car that had expensive looking leather seats that I was currently lounging on. The radio played one of the latest songs quietly in the background while I looked out of the window, still thinking about what just happened.

Scott was unusually quiet. His eyebrows furrowed slightly in concentration which in any other situation would have made me laugh. I would pay to hear what is going inside of his head right now. It would be worth every penny. Neither of us knew what to say. We had just had a moment back then and if I had been a weaker person I would have just forgot about what Piper had said and spend the night making out with a guy that I really liked. But that was the reason I was doing this.

We soon would be pulling in my street and I really didn’t want to end this almost perfect night with the silence that was happening right now. I was just about to open my mouth when Scott spoke first.

 “Thank you, for what you did with my dad back there.” He told me, turning to me with a small grin. “The look on his face was priceless.” He chuckled. A smile played on my lips.

“He deserved it.” I said, looking out the window to the now dark streets where only a few people could be seen walking the sidewalks. “And some of the things he said…,” I trailed off, shaking my head. I could see Scott’s grip on the steering wheel tighten, his knuckles turning white. His eyes began to grow cloudy again, anger clear in his usually calm eyes.

“He wasn’t always like that. He used to be awesome. Took me to ball games, gave Abby piggy back rides and helped Justine with her homework. He did anything to keep us and our mum happy. But then he started getting promotions and stayed away on business trips longer and longer. Soon he came back a different guy, then he cheated on mum and everything went downhill from there.” He explained. I watched as he focused on the road, not making eye contact.

We were near my home now and I was desperate for the time to slow down for a moment. He was opening up to me now and I wanted him to continue for as long as he needed.

“How does Abby and Justine feel about your dad being gone now?” I asked tentatively. He sighed and ran a hand through his soft looking hair.

“Abby doesn’t really understand why he doesn’t live with us anymore and Justine doesn’t really say much. It’s been hard on them both.” He explained.

“And what about you?” I asked, my question ringing out in the sudden silence that descended in the car. He tore his eyes away from the road and stared at me for a moment before looking back.

“I’m fine.” He told me when I obviously knew he was lying. We pulled up then to my house; some of the lights were still on telling me that gran was still awake.

“Really?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. “Cause if you were, you wouldn’t be gripping that steering wheel as if your life depended on it.” As if he didn’t believe me he looked down at his hands, immediately letting go once he saw I was right.

“I think I can live with the fact that my dad’s a jerk.” He told me, turning to give me a smirk. But I knew that behind that smirk he was hurting. Who wouldn’t be? His dad is a tool and he is the man of the house now. He had to look after his sisters and mum while his dad went on dates with blonde women called Matilda.

I didn’t believe him when he said he could live with it but I really needed to get inside before gran comes out to see what is going on. I turned in my seat to look at him fully and tucked a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear.

“If you say you’re fine I believe you. But if you ever want anyone to talk to, I’m here.” I told him sincerely. He nodded his head and gave a small smile of appreciation. The perfect way to end this night was to give him a kiss goodnight but I knew I couldn’t do that. I wrapped my hand around the door handle, about to push it open and step outside into the night air when I decided that I should leave him with something to remember this night with.

I turned back to him and leaned forward, giving him a soft kiss on the cheek before pulling back slightly to look him in the eyes.

“Bye.” My I breathed, my vision a little hazy from the look he was giving me.

“Bye.” He replied, sounding shocked and as breathless as I felt.

With that I finally made it out of the car and practically ran through the front door. Without turning around I heard the tyres move out of the driveway telling me he was gone and that our perfect night was over.

I woke up the next morning feeling unusual light and carefree. Usually I would be grumpy about having to wake up early but today I felt ready to take on anything that came my way. This happy mood I was in was partly because I had stood up to the jerk that is Scott’s dad and also because I really think there is potential between Scott and I. We had connected last night. I was sure of it.

My mood also influenced my choice of outfit. The weather outside was like usual, sunny and warm which made me wear something light and breezy. A pair of black shorts with a white camisole top and a light blue cardigan in case it got cold.

I looked in the mirror to see that the giant bruise on my jaw had become less vibrant purple and turned into a more lilac colour.

After stuffing my assignment baby that I decided to call Bob into my bag, I flew down the stairs, catching a whiff of Oscars amazing breakfast. My eyes landed on the giant spread of food at the dinner table and saliva rushed to my dry lips. It looked amazing. Gran was seated, nibbling at a piece of bacon while flicking through a glossy magazine. Chase sat beside, his head bent and his fork and knife currently gorging down all the food he could get his hands on.

I quickly took my seat on the opposite side of Chase and began filing my plate. Chase looked up from his plate and did a double take.

“Oh hey.” He greeted, returning to his food. I tried to smile at my brother who was eating like a pig but it only came out as a grimaced. I then realised that I hadn’t seen him since he and Tessa disappeared last night.

“So what did you and Tessa decide to do last night then?” I asked, trying to remain causal even though I knew what they had decided to do because Scott and I watched them for over an hour. What I really wanted to know was what they did after. He set down his fork and took a drink of orange juice, glaring at me over the glass.

“I don’t think what we did was any of your business. But because I’m an awesome brother, I’ll tell you,” He began, setting down his drink and watched me with a smirk. “We decided that since you two wannabe matchmakers had gone through all the trouble of getting us there and booking us a table that we might as well go have a nice meal and see where it goes.” He explained. I waited for the next part of the story but when he picked up his fork again I realised I was going to have to get the story from him myself.

“And? What happened after you left the restaurant?” I asked him. I wasn’t really sure if I wanted to know what happened next but I was really curious to see if the whole operation get Tessa and Chase together had really worked. He rolled his eyes and began telling me the rest.

“I asked her if she needed a ride home and she did. So I took her back to her place and that’s it.” He finished. I looked at him in pure shock. Even Gran who I knew was pretending not to listen set down her magazine and raised an eyebrow at Chase.

“Are you really going to pretend that that is all that happened?” She questioned, setting down her half eaten bacon.

Chase looked at us both seriously for about a second before a smirk spread throughout his face.

“Well, I was a gentleman and walked her to her door. And I asked her if she wanted to go on another date with me. She said yes and then we made out a little.” Before the last word left his mouth a high pitched squeal left my mouth.

“Yes!” I laughed, standing from my chair and throwing a fist into the air. “My plan worked! I am the ultimate matchmaker.” I announced in a smug tone. They both looked at me with quizzical looks which made me realise how stupid I looked. Thank god anybody else wasn’t here to see what I just did.  I quietly sat back down on my seat and continued with my breakfast. Gran returned to her magazine while Chase tried to hide his guffaws at the embarrassing outburst I just did.

I knew right then that it was going to be an interesting day.

By the time I got to school, everyone knew about Chase and Tessa’s date. The student body was buzzing. Apparently someone had spotted them outside the restaurant and told their friends who in turn told their friends, and then somehow everyone knew. I was extremely thankful that no one saw Scott and me there as well. I wasn’t ready for everyone to know just yet.

I stepped out of the Chase’s car and immediately I saw a red head close in on me. Piper was at my side in a second.

“So I hear Tessa and Chase’s date went well?” She asked, sounding quite smug. I grinned while continuing to walk forward, Piper following beside me.

“Yup.” I replied, popping the ‘p’ A smirk appeared on her cherry red lips.

“And what about you and Scott? Did you show him who is boss?” She watched me carefully as I answered.

“I think so.” With that she nodded, looking quite proud and slowed down before walking in the other direction. I was about to ask where she was going but I then spotted Tessa standing at the other end of the car park, waiting. When I was close enough to her I couldn’t help but smile. She rolled her eyes, sensing my giddiness.

“I can’t believe you did that to me.” She grumbled, looking at me with mild anger. I laughed and slung an arm around her shoulders.

“If I didn’t do it you both would still be convinced that you hated each other and you wouldn’t be going on another date.” I added. She rolled her eyes again a little more dramatic this time.

“So he told you.” She guessed. I nodded as we made our way through the front doors of the school. Her blonde hair had been slung up into a neat little bun with waves hanging down, framing her pretty face. She wore light blue jeans and a modest top that showed off her slim body. I was glad that my brother had decided that Tessa was a better choice that Chloe. Tessa also has a killer body only unlike Chloe she has the personality to match.

“Of course he told me.” I chirped, feeling the light mood coming back to me again that I felt this morning. “So,” I leaned in secretly as we found our lockers. “Do you really like him?” I asked solemnly. She looked at me for a second before a huge smile spread across her face and a blush rose to her cheeks.

“Yes, I do.” She replied truthfully. We then both began to giggle as I felt so happy for my friend who deserved happiness more than anyone I know. Just then we heard the ‘click clack’ of Prada heels hit the hallway floor. We both stopped our fit of giggles and turned to see a furious looking Chloe storming over to us. Her eyes moved from me to Tessa so quickly I thought she was having a fit.

“How could you!” She yelled when she was close enough to us. Tessa and I looked at each other and she looked as confused as I was. Chloe pointed a finger at Tessa.

“How dare you steal my man!” Her eyes were wild and her teeth were gritted as she panted angrily at Tessa. Suddenly she spun to face me. “And why the hell did you help her!” When she saw my slightly shocked face she placed her hand on her hip and continued to glare my way.

“Oh you think I wouldn’t find out? Well news flash! The whole school knows what you both did to me. And now they all think I’m pathetic because I, Chloe Kirk, lost a guy to Tessa Harrison. Do you know how embarrassing this is for me? You two are supposed to be my friends? How could you!”

Even though she had just insulted Tessa, I felt a little sorry for Chloe. Although Chase didn’t like Chloe, she liked him. And she must be feeling hurt and betrayed that two people who were supposed to be her friends were involved in it in helping him get another girl.

“Chloe I’m really sorry but Chase likes Tessa and she likes him. They just seemed to fit more.” I tried to explain but she was buying it. She did an exasperated growl and flung her hands up in the air.

“Do you really expect me to believe that?! How could he choose her over me?” She cried. Tessa who had stood quietly until now suddenly snapped.

“Oh for goodness sake. Get over it! You went on one date with him, it’s not like you two were frickin married. He decided that he wasn’t that interested in you and picked me. Now are we going to be those girls who fall out over a guy or are we going to be grown-ups about this and get over it?” Her blue eyes looked sincere and confident and I watched silently for Chloe’s reaction. But the brunette only laughed and made a disgusted noise.

“As if I would forgive you…We are so not friends anymore.” Chloe hissed before turning to me. “And that goes for you too.” With that she strutted off around the corner, head held high and not looking back.

Once again Tessa and I turned to each other.

“If that had of happened a year ago, I would have been devastated. But now that you’re here, I don’t mind losing her as a friend so much anymore.” Tessa told me. I smiled at that as she linked her arms in mine and we walked down the hallway together.

Lunch came by quickly. I hadn’t seen Chloe all day which I was kind of relieved at. I wasn’t ready for another confrontation with her just yet. We decided to eat outside today since the sun was shining brightly and a light breeze settled over us, making it perfect weather to relax in. All of us except Chloe and strangely Scott were present, lounging on the grassy bank, eating our food.

Tori sat with Mikey’s head in her lap, looking surprisingly calm. A few others that I knew were with us but who I really wanted to see wasn’t here so I sat quietly while eating some fries. Chase and Tessa sat together, acting all loved up which made me doubt whether getting them together was a good idea.

Just as I finished my last fry and lay down, ready to soak up the suns hot rays, I felt a shadow loom over me. Immediately I assumed it was Scott and I sat up quickly. Only it turned out to be a freshman, shuffling on his feet nervously while looking down on me.

“Um hello?” I greeted, unsure of what he was doing here. He took a deep breath, his brown eyes watching me nervously while he reached out his hand to me, revealing a single white rose. I gaped at the sight of the beautiful flower. Its petals looked so delicate I was afraid to touch it in case it fell apart. I sat watching the boy with light brown hair for about a minute before I realised that he was giving it to me. I awkwardly reached out my hand as he handed it to me. The thorns had been removed leaving a smooth stem that fit perfectly in my hand.

“Who is this from?” I asked, totally confused and aware of the many stares that came my way from the other students wondering the same thing. The boy reached out his hand again which I took. He pulled me up and began leading me through the crowds of students who had decided to eat outside today. Just as I was about to scream at the kid and demand to know what he was doing he suddenly disappeared, leaving me standing in the middle of the courtyard, holding a white rose.

Whenever I find out who that kid is, I’m going to make him regret this.

That was until I saw Scott come to stand in front of me. The first thing I noticed was the giant grin he had on his face that nearly knocked me off my feet. The second was the bunch of white roses that he held in his hand. With one fluid motion he came towards me. Everyone close enough stopped talking, focusing on what would be said next. Just as Scott stopped in front of me I realised that my mouth had been hanging open in pure shock. I was about to close it when he spoke.

“I took your advice and looked up white roses.” He began, his rich voice ringing through the quiet. “They mean purity, innocence and secrecy. And more importantly they mean that I am worthy of you.” At this point he hands me the bunch of flowers with a satin white ribbon tied at the front. I stood absolutely speechless, not knowing how to respond. I heard girls sighing in admiration and whispering how jealous they were. The guys were watching in awe, probably not believing that Scott Williams, their leader was baring his soul like this in front of everybody. And with one glance I saw Tessa and Chase watching with shocked faces. Even Piper watched with wide eyes and a sense of anticipation.

I turned back to Scott, seeing him standing there still grinning like a kid made my heart do a little flutter which doesn’t happen very often. He gave me a little wink and began speaking again.

“Is this public enough for you?”

 What do you think? 

By the way if I got the meanings of the rose wrong I am so sorry. I saw it on a website and I liked it so I fitted it in with the story. :D

Anyways please comment and vote. I really appreiciate everything you guys do for this story. It is amazing the amount of votes it gets and how you always have lovely things to say about the story. Thank you again for all your support. You guys are awesome. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 8.2K 44
Alexandria Simmons has never been noticed at her high school, Hartwell High. With only having two best friends, she's actually pretty ok with not hav...
3.1K 235 32
Ariel Morgan and another girl Mia Johnson was 2 girls from the same neighborhood, in fact they were next door neighbor's. They both have one special...
5.5K 123 60
"How do you feel now, Morgan?" She says, more pointing something out than asking a question. She grabs hold of my wrists and tightens them. If I coul...
35.4K 317 45
We believe in pink. We believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. We believe in kissing, kissing a lot. We believe in being strong when everyt...