One Week {McHanzo Fanfic}

By Maiskant

Everyone at Overwatch was paired up in groups of two, then sent out to stay at different locations. The missi... More

<Before the week>
<Monday>
<Wednesday>
<Thursday>
<Friday>
<Saturday>
<Sunday>
<After the week>

<Tuesday>

1.2K 42 25
By Maiskant

Hanzo's POV

I was awoken by a loud, obnoxious sound that came from the other side of the room. I turned my head and glared at McCree in annoyance.

"Stop snoring you fool! I'm trying to sleep." I grabbed one of my two pillows, throwing it at him. It landed perfectly on his face, covering up his mouth.

A smile appeared on my lips before I laid down again, trying to fall asleep once more, although that was a complete waste of time, because the cowboy besides me sat up - the pillow falling from his face - yawning loudly.

"Mornin' Hanzo.." the brunette besides me mumbled out, looking over at me with a funny, yet tired smile.

I couldn't stay mad at him if he had that face. It was... how should I phrase it? Adorable.

I let out a quiet sigh, sitting up and turning to face him. "Good morning McCree. Slept well I presume?" I asked, my tone quite soft since I felt tired.

McCree showed a thumbs up before covering his mouth, letting out another yawn. He was tired, and it was too easy to tell.

I decided that it was no use to try and go back into dreamland, so I jumped up and got out of the bed, putting on my clothes quickly. I felt a pair of tired eyes on me as I changed, but I ignored them.

When I spun around on my heal, McCree had also gotten up, and was putting on his clothes too.

"What's the plan for today?" The cowboy asked out of nowhere, looking at me with those beautiful brown orbs of his. I shrugged and tried to think up something. "How about we go to the city and look around while we think?" I suggested, fixing my hair so it was in a bun, using my yellow silk tie to hold it in place.

Our eyes met before Jesse replied with a huge smile. "Sounds great."

I turned around, chuckling quietly for myself before looking at my bow and quiver. "Let us not take our weapons with us. They will attract attention, and we are not in any danger, so they will just be extra weight." I announce, turning around, my eyes glued to the brunette's Peacekeeper.

McCree took it out of its little pocket, placing it under his pillow.

I take my bow and all my arrows, hiding it under the bed.

I look back at the brunette, and he looks at me. We stay like this for a while, just staring into each others eyes, almost like if we were trying to figure out what the other was thinking.

He was the first one to break away,  his eyes moving towards the wooden door instead. "Wanna head out now then?" Jesse asks me.

I take a few seconds to respond, my eyes a bit too fixated on the cowboy's strong jawline. "Yes. Let us go now." I mumbled before quickly turning around, starting to make my way over to the door.

McCree follows behind me, closing the door after us.

~•*•~

McCree's POV•

I squint my eyes at the sight of the bright sunlight. It was beautiful outside, and I could hear birds sing all around me.

It might be autumn, but the weather is great.

I saw Hanzo struggling to adjust to the lighting. I let out a quiet chuckle before taking off my hat, holding it in front of the raven haired man's face. "Yer going to hurt yer eyes if ya' keep starin' at the sun like that Hanzo."

The man looked at me, slightly confused, and a bit happy. He gave me a small smile before pushing the hat away, starting to walk off towards the main part of the city.

I hurried after him, putting on my hat when I was right besides him. He walked quite quickly.

~•*•~

As we got further into the city, the sound of distant birds, close-by cars and people started to fill my head. The streets of Hanamura were definitely quite the busy place.

Me and Hanzo shared a small conversation as we walked passed a bar, a few small shops and a resturant.

I took a mental note of all the places we passed. They could be useful.

After a while, when we were about in the middle of the city, a girl, around 7 or 8 walked up to us, a smile on her face.

"Are you two dressing up?" She asked out of nowhere. I saw Shimada chuckle quietly before glancing at me. Guess he wanted me to answer that.

Probably because he knows I like kids a lot.

I crouched down, getting more on her level before speaking up. "Sorry Sweetheart, but we haven't dressed up. These are our normal clothes, believe it or not." I gave her a soft smile, holding a hand on my hat. There was a tiny breeze and I didn't want it to fly off.

The girl's eyes widened, and she smiled. "That's so cool! So, are you guys a couple? You look so cute together."

I felt my cheeks slightly heat up at the question. It came out of nowhere, and it was uncalled for.

My eyes trailed off of the girl, and onto Hanzo. His face was more flushed then mine. Now it was my time to chuckle.

"Hanzo Darlin', are you gettin' embarrassed?" I teased, smirking as our eyes met, his face turning more red.

The archer looked down at the girl. "We are n-not a c-couple." Hanzo stuttered out, his voice cracking, although it was barely visible.

As I slowly stood up, a woman, around our age, ran up to us and grabbed the girls hand. "Don't run off like that." She said, pulling the girl back a bit. "Sorry if she troubled you."

I shook my head and smiled. "Nothin' to worry about lady. She ain't botherin' nobody."

I watched Hanzo out of the corner of my eye, his blush slowly dying down. He nodded. "She has not been a bother at all."

The woman smiled and apologised before wondering off, together with the girl. She waved at us before dissappearing in the distance.

I let out a quiet sigh before turning around, facing Hanzo, a hand on my hip. "Hey Hanzo, I was wonderin'..." I mumbled out, rubbing my neck with my free hand.

The Shimada looked at me with a curious expression. "Yes McCree?"
I was quiet for a few seconds.
"Do ya' want to go out and eat somethin' at a resturant? I saw one that looked nice when we walked." I bit my lip when I finished speaking, my eyes wondering off, stopping at Hanzo's.
The raven haired was also quiet for a while, a tiny bit longer then I was at least.

"Sure, but let us walk around for a while longer. I am not really hungry yet." Hanzo answered.

I nodded in agreement. "Sounds good to me."

~•*•~

Before the two if us stepped into the resturant, I checked the time, and I was surprised to see that it was 5pm. The two of us had walked around for hours, and now, we were starving.

We went inside and sat down at a table for two, scanning through our seperate menus. I had a hard time trying to pick just one thing. Everything looked so good, and I wanted to taste it all, but I decided against it.

Hanzo ended up ordering us two bowls of ramen and just water to drink.

~•*•~

Me and Hanzo shared a lively conversation as we waited for our food to arrive, and everything went nicely. . . Until the waitress came.

She placed the food down in front of us with a smile. "Hope you enjoy your food, and have a nice date." She said cheerfully before walking off.

I felt my cheeks heat up, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw the archer blush too. "Why does everyone think we are dating?" He mumbled out quietly, but loud enough for me to hear. I chuckled and started eating.

It was absolutely delicious.

~•*•~

I stepped out of the resturant, stretching my arms and legs for a while, having gotten tired off walking, then sitting still for a long period of time.

The raven haired looked at me, our eyes meeting again. I can't really say why, but each time they did, I felt my heart pound in my chest.

"Shall we head back to the hotel?" Hanzo asked, turning his body, facing me completely. My eyes fell to his uncovered nipple. I couldn't stop myself. "The night is still young Hanzo. Let's go out drinkin'!" I suggested, trying to look away.

The archer sighed, smiling slightly before starting to walk. "Let us go to the bar then. The drinks are on you." His thick accent was like music to my ears, and before I could say or do anything else, my body automatically moved, following after Hanzo.

We arrived at the bar just a few minutes later. It was close by.

Me and Hanzo sat down at a booth, chatting up until someone came and asked us what we wanted.

"A glass cold bourbon for me." I said, smiling softly.

The Shimada had his eyes on the table as he ordered. "Saké." I gave him a funny grin as the waiter went off to get our drinks.

I let out a quiet sigh before giving Hanzo's leg a soft kick from under the table, making his eyes dart up, staring directly into mine.

"What was that for?" He asked, glaring at me with annoyance. I smirked before replying. "Just some foot flirtin'."

I noticed his face reddening, and I ended up chuckling lightly. Not long after, our drinks arrived, and the raven haired was quick to down his drink and ask for a new one.

I took a slow sip off mine, feeling my throat burn as the alcoholic liquid ran down it.

As I watched Hanzo sip his second drink, I saw his cheeks starting to turn red again. It was easy to tell that this was going to be a long night.

~•*•~

Another chapter finished, eeh? I hope ya'll liked it!

Please continue to read my work, I appreciate it!

(Little side note. The next chapters are going to be longer than these first ones because I have a lot I want to write, and I enjoy writing this story.)

-Birdie♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 317 17
Genji wants to cheer up his brother, but Hanzo is very shy. Genji has tried bringing girls in but his brother always kicks them out. So then Genji tr...
63K 1.6K 15
A bunch of McHanzo oneshots. Irregular updates. If you have any ideas, leave them in the comments! ~Cover art by ishtrash on DeviantArt~
251 29 4
There's a lot on Hanzo's mind when spring comes to Hanamura. Memories of better and more cheerful times make his lonely life in the Shimada castle se...
130K 2.8K 32
{Highest ranking: #1 in Genji!} You were friends with Genji and Hanzo in their youth. Tragic events split you all apart and you reunite years later a...