Arranged with Style.

By DayDrreamer_

H.S AU. Clover's Family have weird beliefs and a deep rooted culture that has weaved its traditions into thi... More

Prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
A/N.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15
16
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23
24.
25.
26.
Reminder [NOT AN UPDATE]
27.
28.
Louis.
29.
30.
31
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
Robin. (NOT AN UPDATE)
37.
38.
39.
40.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
TEAR.
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

41.

11.4K 323 224
By DayDrreamer_

Pls don't hate me

(Also: do you think the cover needs changing?? Like, something a bit darker? To represent the heavy stuff?? Or nah?.. if so, y'all welcome to make me some if you want 🤓)

I was rushing around trying to get hurriedly dressed in time for a spontaneous shopping trip with Casey, well, I say spontaneous but in all fairness I had gotten her text last night, but at that time my head wasn't exactly working after the. . I don't even know what to call whatever me and Harry were. . doing? I felt my cheeks flame up just even thinking about sitting on his lap and those kisses. Woah.

Realising I was getting distracted I yanked my hair up into a ponytail wishing I could put more effort into my appearance but, of course I was running late to meet Casey and therefore had zero time.

I slipped my feet into my Vans and rushed out of my bedroom where my clothes were still kept even though I had unofficially moved into Harry's room permanently—something else I didn't want to linger on as that made way too many butterflies awake in my stomach.

Heading out into the kitchen I nearly stumbled when I saw Harry sitting at the kitchen island wearing nothing but some athletic shorts which hung low along his very prominent V line, and clung tightly to his muscled thighs. He was reading something on his phone, his eyebrows furrowed slightly and his tattoos standing out starkly against his tanned skin. His muscular chest and upper body proudly on display.

I flushed and straightened myself glad he hadn't noticed my reaction and gulped a few lungfuls of air to try and act normal. Not that I even knew what that was anymore.

Clearing my throat I mumbled an awkward good morning and waved at him before stopping and internally cursing at myself. Why the hell did I just wave?

His lips lifted slightly at the corners making one dimple indent into his cheek as he watched me move around the kitchen and pour myself some orange juice.

"Going somewhere?" I heard Harry's deep voice ask from behind me, a slight edge lining his voice.

Turning around with my orange juice to face him I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I'm going shopping with Casey." I answered taking a seat opposite him and giving him a bright smile. He frowned in response making me frown. "Why the grumpy expression?" I asked with a pout.

He lifted a hand to run it through his short hair, his jaw clenched tight.

"How's your head?" He asked staring me intensely in the eyes.

"It's fine, much better. I've only got the slightest headache." I promised flicking my eyes to his defined pectorals before shooting them back up hoping he hadn't noticed my lack of control. Damn it.

"Hm, just be careful. Okay? If you think something's wrong I want you to call me straight away. If you see something suspicious, or weird, you call me. Straight away, I don't fucking care if it's some weird sales assistant who won't leave you alone. You call me. Understand?" He asked severely. His green eyes were hard and his expression was unforgiving giving me the distinct feeling of being a child and going out alone for the first time.

I nodded my head yes and continued to sip my drink quietly.

"Have Locke or Tanner got back to you about the ID card yet?" I asked hoping to distract him from going all protective cave man on me.

He blew out a breath and shook his head.
"Not yet. Tanner says he's working on it, which is worrying to say the least." He deadpanned making me giggle slightly which made his lips twitch as he sipped his tea.

I was about to respond when the buzzer went making me leap off the chair to answer the door but Harry had somehow made his way around the counter and gripped my wrist gently. He gave me a glance and nodded to the chair.

"I'll get it." He said, his eyes hardening and I swear I saw his muscles tense as if getting ready for a fight. I frowned finding it quite sad that Harry had to constantly be on the defence because of that stupid prick who killed his sister.

I heard Harry ask who it was and I heard Casey's slightly stuttered response which made me smile slightly. A few minutes passed before Casey knocked lightly on the apartment door. Harry, who still hadn't bothered putting on a shirt opened the door for her silently.

"Oh, um, Hi, I don't think we've properly met. I'm Casey, I've heard quite a lot about you." I heard her introduce herself and I flushed with heat as I heard the words she said to Harry. I could practically hear her smirk making me glare at her as they headed into the kitchen.

"Harry." Is all Harry said in response as of introductions before he leant against the counter top silently and began to peel an apple with his knife.

"Hi!" I exclaimed once Casey neared me enough for her to yank me into a hug.

"Yeah don't 'Hi' me, bitch. Where have you been? I haven't heard from you in weeks. Is that how you treat your best friend huh?" She demanded raising an eyebrow at me fiercely. I blushed at her scolding knowing I had been spending all my time involved with Harry, which I didn't know how I was going to explain since I couldn't exactly tell her about his sister's death. "And what the freaking hell happened to your head?" She asked with sorry as she cast a accusatory glance in Harry's direction making his jaw clench tightly as he stood up off the counter slightly in anger.

"Relax, Case, I slipped and hit my head. You know how clumsy I am." I said with a chuckle. It wasn't exactly a lie, I did fall and hit my head.

She nodded slowly but still seemed a little suspicious. I'm just glad she accepted it and didn't probe any further like she usually liked to with everyone else's business.

"Okay, well! Let's go! My bank account isn't going to empty itself." She said with a bright smile as she promptly turned on her heel and began heading for the door. I smiled and shook my head as I got up to follow her.

"See you later, Harry." I said with a shy smile, not really sure what to do. Was I supposed to hug him bye? Or. . kiss him bye?

Nuh-uh. No way am I initiating that.

My internal warfare of insecurity was put out as Harry followed me to the door.

"Don't forget what I told you." He warned sternly raising an eyebrow at me warningly. I nodded my head still trying to keep my calm around his still half nakedness. How did he think it was okay to just walk around with those tiny shorts on, and have most of his heavenly body on display?! I mean, his massive biceps and very well defined chest was giving me heart issues. Let's not even mention all the exposed tattoos. . .

"I won't, I promise." I promised making him crack a small smile. He lifted my chin with his thumb and index finger so I could meet his gaze from where it had been lingering on the two swallows tatted just below his collarbones which made me flush with heat all over.

"Good girl," He praised deeply, leaning forward and pressing a firm kiss to my lips and catching me off guard totally. I kissed back a little, finally getting the gist on how all this kissing worked, and was it all that it is cracked up to be? With Harry, most definitely. I rested my hand against one of his pectorals, as his own hands moved to the small of my back and turned us until my back was pressed against the doorframe of the open apartment door.

Resting my other hand on his bicep I almost made a noise as it flexed beneath my palm as he pressed his large hands deeper into my back making me arch against him. I felt the hot swipes of his tongue and I felt my knees buckle straight away making him adjust his arms to keep me upright as he smirked against my mouth, before he sucked my bottom lip gently and I knew he was about to pull away-

"Hey! Clover come on, what's the hold u—ohmygod my eyes!"

I choked on a gasp as I attempted to move away from Harry and plastered myself further into the doorframe in embarrassment however, Harry and his ever cool and unaffected self did no such thing. He glanced up at my red cheeks with a small smirk his dimple digging into his cheek before he leisurely withdrew, taking the heady scent of him away and unclogging my senses and allowing me to come back to reality.

I turned to look at Casey my eyes shining with embarrassment at being caught kissing Harry like. . that.

Casting one last glance at Harry I hurried towards Casey, muttering a bashful 'bye Harry' on the way out, I grabbed Casey's wrist and tugged her along behind me resolutely not looking back at Harry.

As soon as the door closed behind us Casey snatched her wrist from my grasp and let out a small excited squeal bouncing around as we walked.

"What was that?!" She exclaimed with so much excitement making me whine. I blushed under her scrutinising gaze and determinedly avoided looking at her. "Holy shit! My baby's all grown up," She said pretending to cry as she threw her arm around me and faked sobbed into my ear.

"Casey, shut up." I hissed shoving her away from me as a few giggles slipped past my lips.

"No, but in all seriousness, if you think we aren't going to be talking about that then you're very much mistaken, honey." She said with finality in her voice and I knew she would make me tell her everything. I blushed further and wished I could just hide.

Stepping out of the apartment complex I waved at the guard who was stood by his desk and fell into step with Casey as we walked towards the shopping centre located a few minutes from where we lived. We could both drive however we decided that it would be better to just walk there.

"So, how's everything at home? How're Mr and Mrs Reynolds?" I asked her, Mr and Mrs Reynolds being her parents. Two lovely human beans who loved each other and their only child Casey a lot.

Hooking her arm through mine she shrugged noncommittally.

"They're fine, being their usual weird ass selves." She replied making me laugh slightly. Her parents were a little. . eccentric.

"And Zayn? I haven't spoken to him in what feels like forever, I dropped him a text a few weeks ago but he never replied. ." I trailed off with furrowed brows. It seemed our friend had fallen off the face of the earth altogether. I had texted him but he read it and never got back which was strange and unlike him. I would like to believe we were pretty good friends but it seemed otherwise from the total lack of contact.

Casey scoffed in reply.

"He's a dick, Clo." She muttered with a hint of sadness and mostly resignation in her quiet words. I frowned turning to face her. "Well, I told him how I felt, and he said he felt the same way, er, we might've slept together, maybe,—"

"You what?" I exclaimed turning to face her incredulously. Her and Zayn. . they had. . woah. I don't know why I was acting like it was such a big deal because I knew it wasn't for everyone else, mostly I was the one who freaked out over intimate stuff. I found it crazy and slightly admirable how Casey was so open with that side of her. She had had a very. . rendezvous filled past few years.

"Yeah, I was emotional, okay? And I'd had a few drinks!" She defended holding a finger in the air. I shoved her hand down and motioned for her to continue the story. "Well anyways, after that, he kinda, distanced himself from me, like a lot, and we haven't spoken in weeks. Last I heard was that he'd gotten himself a girlfriend." She muttered bitterly making me frown in confusion. That wasn't like Zayn at all.  Sure he was quiet, and mostly kept to himself but he had a good heart.

"Oh, Case. That sucks. How could he do that?" I asked sadly. She shrugged a shoulder noncommittally. Her entire body language speaking of someone who had had enough.

"I honestly don't give a rats ass anymore, I'm single and I'm very extremely ready to mingle." She said deviously, bumping her hip with mine making me stumble slightly. I rolled my eyes at her typical behaviour although I could still detect an underlying sense of betrayal and hurt lingering beneath the surface, she had been infatuated with Zayn for a solid few years. But this was Casey, she would shrug it off and move on.

That was the last of our conversation involving deep things as we entered the shopping centre. Then Casey's inner glamour queen arose and she dragged me around making me try on outfits whilst she modelled striking high heels in the mirrors.

After hopping from shop to shop, I was ready to collapse and most importantly I was starving. I had bought a few items here and there, but nothing really extensive. A new pair of skinny jeans, some more sweaters, a few tops, and some fluffy socks was all that I really bought.

"Casey, can we please go eat something. I'm wasting away!" I said dramatically splaying my head onto her shoulder and deliberately sagging my body weight onto hers. She scoffed shoving me off.

"We have one last stop, in fact. I'd go as far as to say, it's the most important one of them all considering where things seem to be headed," She replied, a sly smirk evident in her voice which disturbed me greatly. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously as a little pit of unease grew in my stomach at the tone of her voice.

"I don't like the sound of that," I stated warily as I eyed her all too excited expression. She only giggled and I swear it sounded a hundred percent Harley Quinn level.

Turning the corner we stopped in front of a certain shop and I suddenly knew why she was so ecstatic.

Ann Summers.

Great.

"Come on now, don't be shy!"

* * *

A torturous hour and a half later, Casey finally relented and decided it was time to stop shopping and sit down to eat something. I could have fallen to my knees in prayer. I didn't particularly dislike shopping, I loved clothes and putting outfits together but, my attention span is probably shorter than a kittens. So I tended to get bored very easily.

I had acquired a new bag which contained three overpriced lingerie sets. The type of lingerie that I had never, ever worn in my life. There was a whole lot of lace involved and Casey's innuendos had made my cheeks feel permanently red. She had convinced me to buy a white pair, a pastel blue, and a dark maroon pair. They were nice, but honestly I never really wore matching underwear. I usually just slipped on whatever was clean at the time. And I had never worn those types of uncomfortable looking panties, my normal ones were just random pastel coloured cotton ones.

Zero experience in all this I tell you.

Heading over to a Pizza Express which was located on the outskirts of the shopping centre Casey nudged me.

"So," She wiggled her brows suggestively, "I reckon Harry's going to bust a nut when he sees you in those." She said with a totally devious expression and a malicious little cackle. I blushed furiously and shoved her away.

"It's not like that!" I whined, attempting to clarify that me and Harry were. . what exactly I had no idea. But I had no plans of him seeing me in anything like that anytime soon. I knew that much.

We neared the entrance of Pizza Express and Casey pushed the glass doors open for us with an exasperated eye roll. Snagging a table near the back we dumped our bags by our feet and sat down.

"How long has this been going on? I can't believe you didn't tell me!" Casey admonished making me squirm in my seat as flashes of our kisses ran through my mind. Last nights kisses in particular made me squirm for certain reasons. I squashed my thoughts down and attempted to focus on the present rather than let my mind wander to the past few weeks. I shrugged my shoulders bashfully.

"A while," I mumbled reluctantly as I bit my lip. She shook her head in disbelief before excitement won over.

"You totally like him so much." She finalised leaning back in her seat whilst I squirmed lower in mine. My cheeks were glowing red at this point as I fiddled with my fingers and avoided her penetrating gaze.

"Maybe, possibly. ."

"You two are so cute! Even though Harry is so intimidating." She said with a little shiver. I raised my eyes glad that she had let the matter of me and Harry and being caught rest.

"He's not that bad, a little broody maybe." I shrugged offhandedly. She let out a laugh.

"He looks like he wants to break everyone's faces. All the time. And the scary part is, that he could if he wanted." She whispered the last past conspiratorially. I giggled at her words realising that he had relaxed around me but not anyone else. Just because I got to see his rare smiles and smirks, didn't mean anyone else did. To others, he was still the big, bad boxer with the shortest temper around. The thought made me feel oddly warm and squishy inside.

"He's not going to break your face Casey, relax."

Our waiter came then, cutting us off as he asked us what we wanted. We decided on a large pizza to split between us both. Just a regular meat free pizza that Casey picked. I wasn't too fussed.

"How's Jace?" I asked expecting that Casey would know more about his wellbeing than me since I had moved away from where we used to all live in a little cluster.

Her light expression dimmed a little bit as she shrugged her shoulders tentatively.

"I. . honestly don't know, he's been busy with his Masters at Uni, and as for Silver, I haven't heard from her in a while. Maybe you should check up on her." Casey pondered. I frowned nodding my head and swearing to myself I would ring home later tonight. It was just with everything going on with Harry's sister and Johnny, it made it hard to focus on normal things.

"Yeah I think I will, I know the two of them were in a bit of a rough patch earlier."

Casey nodded her head in agreement with me.

***

Me and Casey walked back towards Harry's apartment together, arm in arm. I had invited her to come in and rest for a bit from all that shopping and thought we could catch up on some of our favourite shows we used to watch together.

"I am so tired," Casey groaned beside me. Her choice of wearing platform shoes coming back to haunt her. I only rolled my eyes.

"It was your idea to carry—oof!" I yelped nearly loosing my balance as someone's shoulder rammed into mine sending me stumbling backwards, the only thing stopping me from landing flat on my butt being Casey's arm.

"Hey!" Casey exclaimed as the unknown man continued away in a hurried pace. "Watch where you're going!"

I stared after the man feeling unease rise in my stomach. That dark brown hair looked awfully familiar. Could it. .

No of course not. Don't be ridiculous. He moved away ages ago.

I felt uncomfortable as I watched the man disappear around the corner. Something about the encounter just didn't sit right with me. His build, his hair, even his clothes and the faint whiff of cologne I had gotten seemed to tingle my memories of slaps and shoves. It couldn't possible be my. . no. I didn't want to even think it. Why would he come here to just bump shoulders with me?

I squashed the thought realising how ridiculous I was being, but nevertheless, I undoubtedly hurried my pace.

Note: oooooH

SOO... are u thinking what I'm thinkinggggg? Was that who she thinks it was?

Sorry for the delay guys 😐 I am trying my best but my gran was in hospital for a while and I didn't have any time!

But that's no excuse so the next update won't take months lmao promise

Love you all more than you know! Still can't believe people actually like my story like...??? Wow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...