The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 48: Good Luck

2K 36 9
By goldendragon225

Korra POV

Korra: "M/N!!?" I scream as he flies off towards the weapon. He lands under the hand right before it hits. "NOOOO!!" I scream as the hand... stops? I don't hear it make contact with the metal. Then it pulls away and I see M/N leaning against its leg next to the hummingbird. It swings down again, this time though, I hear a ping, but no crunch that I expected. A few seconds later the hummingbird fly's out, only to be swatted out of the sky and onto the ground, then the top of a building comes down onto the weapon, it stumbles, and steps on it, crushing it. I see M/N looking up to the head of it. Then jumps off as the hand swings down again and flies back to where I was. When he lands though I see him grimacing in pain. "What's wrong?" I ask him. He shows me his hand, all along his palms and fingers I could see the metal of his bones protruding out. "What happened?" I ask him as the wounds begin to close.

You: "I stopped a 3-ton metal arm, I'm guessing it literally squished anything that wasn't infuse with that metal."

Korra: "Speaking of that, how did you?" He smirks at me.

You: "I may not be able to bend platinum, but I can move it. I slowed it down right before it hit me." As he finishes Lin and Sue land behind us.

Lin: "Did it work?" I nod.

Sue: "Then there's no time to waste. Wei and Wing stay here and keep trying to distract it, keep it from destroying the city." They nod and take off.

Korra: "Let's finish this." Everyone nods and we take off towards the weapon. We are all able to get in it and decide who's going where.

Sue: "Lin and I will take out that cannon." I nod and they run off.

Mako: "Bolin and I will go try and cut its power source."

Bolin: "Yea! Let's do this!" Bolin yells as they run off. Then I turn to M/N.

Korra: "What are you going to do?" I ask him, he shrugs.

M/N: "Kick ass." He says smiling. "You go take down Kuvira, I'll make sure no one interferes." I nod and we take off.

Your POV

I finish taking down the last of the soldiers and feel the floor shake. Then it explodes. A bright purple-ish light envelops everything. Then I'm out.

Korra POV

I land hard onto the ground and look over to see Mako and Bolin exit it and Lin and Sue walk up. But no M/N.

Korra: "Has anyone seen M/N?!" I ask them. They all shake their heads, I look back to Kuvira, but see her running into the vines.

Lin: "Go get her, we'll find M/N!" I nod and take off after her.

Your POV

Damn. I look down and see my forearm was, well, gone. Nothing was left except for the grayish silver of bone and the tendons holding it together. I clench my teeth as it heals back together. I make a fist a few times, it still hurt horrendously, but at least I have an arm. Then I hear Korra yelling, I take off towards it without even thinking. When I get to her, she's blocking the beam of energy in front of Kuvira... I smile to myself, she did it, she spiritbent the blast. Then another explosion.

You: "Oh come-"

Korra POV

I exit the portal with Kuvira and see everybody looking around.

Jinora: "Korra!!" Jinora screams and runs up to me. I look around, but don't see M/N anywhere. I meet with everybody asking if they've seen him, nothing. I feel my heart sink when I realize it... He's not be coming back... He was gone... M/N, please, please don't leave me... Then I feel the ground shake, and there's a blast of sparkling F/C. I see something in the middle of it, but it's too bright to look directly at it. When the light dies down I see...

Korra: "M/N!!" I scream as I run up to meet him. But when I get near him, I notice he's different. His eyes aren't a pure F/C anymore, they have a sparkle to them, and his normal F/C aura has been replaced by a sparkling silver with shades of F/C throughout it. Then the light dies and he collapses.

Your POV

Gaea: "How...?" I hear Gaea say. I look around for her but everything's black.

You: "How what?" I ask.

Gaea: "What did you do?" What?

You: "What's going on? How did I do what?"

Gaea: "You did something M/N... Something that unlocks more power than you could imagine..."

I jolt awake and look around, I look out the window and see snow. So I'm most likely in one of the Water Tribes, then I begin to recognize it... This was my room in Korra's house. I grunt and sit up, then throw on a shirt and walk out. When I get out there I see Korra, Kya, Katara, Sky, Senna, and Tonraq all sitting around the table. Sky's the first to notice me.

Sky: "M/N!" She screams and points at me. Everybody looks at me shocked.

Katara: "Good to see you awake again M/N." I hear Katara say, but I'm too distracted by Korra, she looked, well, kind of shaken by something. I walk over and sit next to her.

You: "Korra? What's wrong?" I ask her quietly. She looks up to me, and can see the tears welling up in her eyes.

Korra: "I-I thought I lost you M/N..." What?

You: "What do you mean? You thought I died when that machine exploded?" She looks at me confused.

Korra: "You mean you don't remember?" I shake my head.

Korra: "Well, Kuvira's weapon exploded, Kuvira escaped and I went after her while the others stayed to look for you." Wait...?

You: "I remember now, my arm was blown off." They all looked at me with a stunned look. "Don't worry, it grew back." I say waving my arm around. "But I remember now, I went looking for you after, I saw you stop that spirit beam. Nice work by the way." She smiles softly. "Then there was another explosion, next thing I know I'm here."

Korra: "Your lying. I know you've had nightmares. And are you positive you don't remember anything?" I nod.

You: "The last thing I remember was the explosion after you stopped the spirit beam. Why?" She shifts in her chair and sighs before speaking.

Korra: "Y-you were different. I, well I could feel how strong you were. This wasn't like when Gaea helps you or when your eyes glow F/C... This was you, your own power, you didn't draw help from anybody else... And, well, it was scary. I've never seen anything like it." Wait? Could she be talking about...?

You: "Was it silver?" She looks up to me and nods slowly. I look down and think, could it be what Valek showed me?

Korra: "H-how did you know?"

You: "Valek showed me, I don't know what it is or how to do it so don't ask. But whatever it is... I think it's the key to beating him... Speaking of that, how long was I out?" Korra sinks into her chair. "Korraaa..."

Korra: "5 days." WHAT?! Shit!

You: "Crap! What time is it now?"

Senna: "Quarter to 8." Oh no, no no no.

You: "So your telling me that we have 2 days, then he arrives?" Korra nods. Oh my god, this just went from impossible to full on suicidal. How the hell am I supposed to beat a stronger, faster, more powerful, smarter, more skilled, and basically just overall better version of me, oh, and on top of that he knows exactly how I fight, while I really have no idea how he does besides our previous two encounters in which he obviously wasn't trying. I groan and bang my head against the table.

Korra: "Are you ok?" I raise an eyebrow at her, my head still lying on the table.

You: "Sure, besides having only two days to train and then having to fight for the fate of the world against an evil version of me who has literally kicked my ass the past two times we fought and he wasn't even trying!" I grab a piece of bread and walk out. "I'll be outside if anyone needs me." I walk out into the cold and begin training, trying to create new combos of attacks so he won't know every single one of my moves. A few hours later a calm myself down and take a small break, I look back towards Korra's house, and see her standing on the balcony outside her room looking at me. We stare at each other for a few minutes, then she walks back inside. I sigh and fly up. I land on her balcony and walk in. "Korra? You here?" I look over and see her leaning against the side of her bed. "Hey? What's wrong?" I ask as I sit down next to her.

Korra: "Because."

You: "Because why?"

Korra: "Because you're going to kill yourself to save the world and then I'm going to have to live without you!" She screams at me. I just sit there for a second. Wow, I never thought she'd feel like this. I sigh and reach over, I tilt her head up to me, and see her cheeks stained with trails of tears. I lean in and kiss her gently.

Korra POV

I kiss him back, finally, I think he finally knows I care for him just as much as he cares for me. We continue for a while. I eventually end up on his lap as we become more passionate with each other. Then he pulls back and rests his forehead against mine.

You: "I promise. I'll find a way. I'm not leaving you Korra." He pulls me close to him and holds me tightly.

Korra: "Then please, let me help you." He lets go and I sit back up, he sighs and shakes his head.

You: "No. This is between me and him now. He said he was going to hurt you. Now it's personal. Before that I never would have wanted to fight him. But now, I don't care. Even if he doesn't attack, I'm going to find him. And when I do, you better believe I'm gonna kill him." I get off of him so he can sit up, then he walks back out onto the porch, I see a flash of bright F/C light.

Your POV

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. When I open them again I feel the power burst course through me. Enjoy your last few days Valek. I'm back, and this time. I'm coming for blood. There's no where you can hide, nowhere you can run, I'm going to kill you Valek. And I don't care how brutal this fight becomes. You better be ready, because I won't stop until you're dead. And she, along with everybody else, is safe again.

You: "You Hear Me Valek!? I'm Coming For You!!" I jump off the porch and make a small crater when I land. Then I hear his voice in my head...

Valek: "Good luck."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 1K 23
A Young Firebending boy has floated towards the Southern Water tribe on an Ice Berg, and was taken in by the Airbending Master Tenzin as a student...
4.8K 298 17
Story contains the Following ships: Aang x Kireina (oc) Katara x Yun (oc) Toph x Ronor (oc) Azula x Ty Lee, gxg WARNING: Occasional curse words, alth...
45.2K 1.2K 18
Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. The four elements of the world. There was four nations. Each one named after their element but one nation wanted to be i...
380K 11.5K 63
A READER X IROH II FAN FIC I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N is a water bender living in a Fire Nation village ge...