Beanie Girl

By _aubrstories

Hindi alam ni Paul Trevor Funtelo na mag-iiba ang ikot ng buhay niya nang makilala si Exellor Oneiro Sebastia... More

author's note #2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27.5
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue

Chapter 27

51 2 0
By _aubrstories

Chapter 27: An Irrevocable Mark

[EXELLOR ONEIRO'S POV]

I am glad that I'm still breathing. Alive.

My eyes can only see darkness, 'till I realized my bag was blocking my view.

I tried to lift my arm, but only disappointed when I felt a surge of pain from my hand. And by that, all senses we're back to me. I felt the small little pebbles from the cemented floor prick my left cheek. I feel so weak, I couldn't move any part of my body yet, because I'm still enduring the pain my wounds were giving me.

So, with all my strength that I still got, I rolled over to finally see everything.

Fortunately, I can see. I'm not blind and apparently, my body felt cold from the night breeze and the fact that I felt no pain from underneath. No one  dared took advantage of me.

Which made me smile. Something that I don't usually do 'till he came.

I should ask him why he's weird. Why his presence changed my entire mood. Why he had the guts to ask me questions that distracts me from everything I think. Why all he does simple things that makes me smile.

He's some sort of my mental block. A think that keeps me from thinking.

But, I don't know how to make him go away. 'Cause I don't want him to go away.

His presence on the fields is something that I wanted.

And with that, I struggled to stand with my feet. With the support of the walls, I successfully made myself stand, wobbling slightly as my eyes were dizzy. I can hear myself breath harshly, they surely know how to beat up someone.

I picked up my bag and went on my way to the fields.

But before that, I struggled to pick up the photos scattered on the ground and put them all inside my bag. I need to do some analyzing for them.

Little did I know, that in matter of minutes, I was in front of the fences.

I discreetly made my way, not making any noise, avoiding attention from people. I don't really need it.

Crawling my way to the entrance of the fences, I felt the cold breeze brush onto my wounds, which ignited the burning sensation that I'm feeling earlier.

Either way, it still hurts like a btch.

As I came closer, my eyes lose sight again, my world started spinning 'till I felt my own breath being sucked right out of my lungs. Darkness conquered every inch of me.

'Till I heard a voice made it's way to my broken vinyl of thoughts.

“EXELLOR!”

That's when I lose balance, falling over something hard, but light in essence. I just know that I'm being carried by strong hands to the mansion. Even with my vision out, my hearing still works, even though I can only hear faint voices.

Up until I feel myself laid on a bed, I struggled to keep my consciousness, thinking thoughts here and there. I coughed, just as I heard shufflinf movements.

“O-Okay ka lang? Y-Yung ulo mo? Y-Yung mukha mo dumudugo rin? Anong ginawa nila sa'yo?! Sinong gumawa niyan sa'yo?” Paul asked me question, a look of concern etched onto his face.

His face was slightly stained with my blood, and also his uniform, letting me see a sign of sincerity towards him. When my eyes could see again, I first found his brown orbs. They were gleaming, staring to my wounded skin, while still asking me questions that concerns him.

Apparently, I've let him see my world. He's already standing on it. All he had to do was explore, and do things.

The weird tingling sensation came again, but this time, it turned into rapid heartbeats. Deafeaning beats of my heartbeat as my eyes stare into his. Every time his small towel touches my skin, it made my heartbeats faster.

I need to ask myself: Am I having a heart attack?

No. I trust myself, and probably, I'll trust him.

Out of all people that I met, he was different. A different type of guy. When I first met him, it was accidental, the second was coincidence, where he's playing my favorite game, whereas, he's trying to figure out something that should be nonsense to me. But I still helped him. Why? I don't know. It came to me like an impulse. An impulse for a guy who'd like to spend a fourth of his time just to be with me. And now, his eyes and actions proves his trust. His innocence.

Trust. Allow without fear or consent without doubts.

That's when I asked him to take off my beanie.

A thing that I let nobody do to hide a hideous mark that find it's way deeper in my world.

He was hesitant to do it, so I took his hand on it. Slowly, he took it off, obviously shocked of what he's seeing.

A big long scar starting from the top left of my head to my right eyebrow. A scar that still hurts from the inside. I can let him see it, but I'm still not sure whether I'll tell the story or not.

I dozed off to sleep, letting him wonder from all the things he's seen from me.

I woke up later in the morning, the light rays from the bedroom window almost blinding me. I turned my head around to see Paul sleeping peacefully on the couch.

I quietly rose from bed, and got up, not minding the little pain from my wounds.

Atleast, they're a little healed. I still feel weak though. I picked up my phone just to see few texts from Jamiel.

From: Jamiel
UY! NAPANO KA?!

From: Jamiel
NAGPALIT KA BA NG SIM?!

From: Jamiel
BAKIT AYAW MONG SUMAGOT?!!!

And 11 missed calls from her. I slid my phone in my pocket and tip-toed my way to the door to get out. I made my way downstairs. I went to the kitchen and saw one of Don Kael's workers, Alena already cooking breakfast. I entered just as she turned to me, wide-eyed. Obviously shocked.

“E-Exellor?! Buti a gising ka na!” she exclaimed.

I nodded as an answer, and took a piece of bread from the plate she's holding. “Ano pong niluluto niyo?” I turned to asked her since I can't get quite a view of what she's frying and by the looks of it, I'm guessing those are omelet and toasts.

“Ah! Marami-rami! Syempre, may bisita rin!” She answered.

Just then, I caught the glimpse of the wall clock beside the archway door. It was time to wake up for Paul since he has to go to school. I'm not going though, even if it's exams day. I can still take it on Friday.

I went upstairs again, while eating the small piece of bread, looking at the sleeping Paul. His eyes were shut, breathing heavily, half of his body covered with a grey blaket, as he wore an oversized t-shirt and pants, which made me giggle.

Why does he have to be that noticeable for me to smile?

I was already finished eating my bread and sat on my bed when his ringtone went full blast, which I recognize, is some sort of a trap song.

“Manaaaang...  sandali lang tulog pa ako ng konti.” He groans in response, but doesn't open his eyes and even covers it with his hands. But his ringtone never stopped, and just bothered him even more, earning small curses from him.

“DAAAAAMN IIIIT... Manaaang namaaaaan!”

“It's your alarm.” I finally told him. His eyes immediately opened like he just woke up from an accident.  He scrambled to finally sit and look at me in surprise. A look that definitely I find funny.

“EXELLOR?!” he exclaimed in surprise, as he could not contain his childish smile forming on his lips.

After the reveal, we decided to go downstairs to finally eat. He thought that I was going to school today but I, myself decided that I should not go. Not after what the girls did. Not after what Rhianne did.

I'm used to the wounds, but never to her words that left my head into a dilemma of deadly hurricanes. She made an impact to my head that it made me deaf in reality, but sadly, I hope she understands sooner. I can't tell her yet, but I will.

“Uy, okay ka lang, Exellor?” Paul asked me in a whisper. That's when I got back to reality and realized, I was in a table with Don Kael and few of his workers, with Paul, eating breakfast together.

I just nodded, and continued eating what's on my plate.

After all that, he took a shower and changed to his uniform, while I sat on the sofa on the front porch, spacing out of my thoughts again. I had to wear my beanie again.

I thought about... Dad. I know he isn't angry about this, but definitely annoyed. He's already used to the fact that I don't stay at home much on weekdays, and preferred to just drink hot choco and read a book on my room alone at weekends. Sometimes though, I go to Blasters to play arcade games.

And now I'm thinking about... Paul. Unexpectedly, he came next to Dad. How come he has the guts to do things for me? From head to toe, he is every girl's dream. A bit tall, muscular (not that much), talented and funny is what they would describe him.

But in my book, I would describe him as something that's making a mark on my skin. A permanent, colorful yet, an abstract mark that made it's way to my vains. I couldn't help it but to notice myself feeling weird when he does things out of the ordinary. At first, he wasn't even part of me. No, he was a speck of dust, that later turned into an irrevocable human being, placing a mark on every inch of my skin.

He became part when I asked him if he was sincere to his intentions. His actions proved it much, but not for long, 'cause I noticed how he became concerned after a few days.

“Hey...” I heard Paul say, as he came out of the main door, and went to sit beside me.

“Yes?”

“Kapag may nagdeliver ng backpack dito, kunin mo na. It's yours.”

My jaw opened slightly. I could not believe that he has to buy me one 'cause I know that costs a lot of money. “You bought me a new backpack? What for?”

“Duguan na kasi backpack mo at... medyo nasisira na rin e. Ah, oo nga pala, hindi na ba masakit yung mga sugat mo? Kaya mo na bang maglakad?”

I managed to gulp and nod my head for what he just did. “Yes. They're already fine.”

“Good. Text mo ko kapag sumasakit ah, para alam ko't mabilhan kita ng gamot.” I saw him gulped before continuing. “Oo nga pala, maghintay ka na rin sa fields mamaya para sa pagdating ko. May kailangan kang bayaran.”

Bayaran??

“I don't remember having any debts from you, Paul, and I don't even loan money from other people.” I say, but he just chuckled. What now?

“Malalaman mo na lang mamaya, basta hintayin mo ako sa fields.” he said it more likely in a whisper.

I noticed his huge smile not wiping off his face. Someone's very happy today.

“I really want to do something that I hope won't get me in trouble.” he said out of nowhere.

“What do you–”

But even before I can continue, I was embraced in a hug by him. I felt my own breath hitch.

“Pinag-alala mo ako kagabi. Grabe, sobra-sobra! Buti naman okay ka na.” he said while I felt his own breath on the crook of my neck,which sends me chills down my spine.

I could not find the right words to say or answer. He just took out my breath, and my mind.

Great. Another mental block from him.

“Sana hindi ka magalit sa gagawin ko ha?”

And even before I could comprehend that, he quickly broke the hug and saw his face nearing mine. I did not close my eyes, to see what's coming. I saw how his lips was pressed on my right cheek.

He just kissed me.

“IngatkaalisnakoBYEEEE!”

He scrambled his way out of the porch and ran as fast as he could away from me.

“HINTAYIN MO AKO MAMAYA HA!” he yelled before there was peace again.

Scratch that, there wasn't peace anymore. I stare at the same spot, still shocked. There isn't peace when I can hear my own fast heartbeats deafeaning me. And all it took was a kiss to make the weird sensations that I felt turn into one, attacking me full force.

The spot where his lips were never left it's essence. In fact, it felt burning like my wounds, but it's a different kind of burning. It spreads like wildfire, and now I feel like I have a fever!

I can't breath properly, I felt like burning, there are the tingles inside my stomach and the hairs on my skin stood!

I couldn't do anything but just lie down on that sofa and cover my eyes with both hands.

WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS?!

[PAUL TREVOR'S POV]

Hold up. I really need to let this happiness out. Let me just laugh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And no, hindi ako tumatawa dahil I got an advantage. Tumatawa talaga ako sa saya dahil sa nagyari!

DAMN! FCK! SHT! I could curse all day to express my happiness today! 

Sobrang init ng mukha ko na parang sinusunog ng sinag ng araw ngayon na ngayon na. Mula pa iyan kanina habang nagda-drive ako ng motor.

OHSHT. I just kissed her. Damn.

Only on the cheeks but why do I feel so happy all of a sudden. I DON'T CARE!

I kepy my smile hanggang makapasok ng room, where my friends immediately approached me at mas mukha pang nag-aalala sa akin. Their faces are horrified as fck, and I'm here, smiling like an idiot.

“DAFCK TREV! I've been calling you for like, eternity and you haven't been answering! Nasaan ka ba?!” pagtanong ni Greg sa akin.

“Um, just somewhere–”

“Somewhere?!” sabat ni Kylie na pulang-pula na ang mukha sa inis. “Somewhere ang isasagot mo sa amin after kita hanapin sa kani-kaninong bahay?! Hindi ka nga sumasagot sa mga tawag namin! Like bruh, muntikan na 'ko mag file sa pulis ng kidnapping warrant!”

“Look, I'm sorry.” I say, at si Greg na 'tong minamasahe siya sa balikat na sa tingin ko'y ayaw pa niya.

“Where were you anyway? If we hadn't asked Manang that you were staying in someone's house, we would have filed a kidnapping warrant, as Kylie had said. You really look happy today.” Jayvee ask behind me.

“Oo nga no? In fact, you look REALLY supercalifragilisticxpialidocious happy.” Greg finally noticed. Pansin ko rin ang pag-singhot niya kanina pa sa damit ko.

“And... as long as I remember dude, that's not the smell of your clothes everyday.” pagtuloy niya, kaya tuloy napaamoy naman ako sa damit ko. Hindi naman mabaho.

“Wala naman amoy ah? And how do you even know how my clothes smelled?”

“Hindi naman sa mabaho dude, it'sjust different. Your usual smell's like royal and fancy. Hindi ko lang alam anong detergent ang ginagamit ng mga maids niyo sa bahay, nag-iistay e. Sure naman akong hindi yan Downy.” Greg answered.

Oo nga pala, nilabhan ni Don Kael yung uniform ko kagabi dahil may stains ng dugo ni Exellor kahapon. Kahit ako ay hindi napansin na iba pala ang amoy ko, dahil naglagay naman ako ng pabango ko. Okay na man yan keysa mabaho ang amoy.

“Sasabihin ko na lang mamayang break. Half-day naman tayo dahil exams.” I told them. Buti naman at agad nila ako nilubayan, hearing Kylie whisper that came out like 'parang alam ko na kung ano yan...'. And I feel she's right.

***

Later on, ay nagkaroon rin ng snack break kaya nagkachance kaming magkausap-usap sa canteen. Sinabi ko sa kanila ang lahat. Mula sa naabutan ko siyang bugbugan, hanggang sa magamot siya at makatulog nga ako sa kwarto niya on the sofa. May mga hindi ako binaggit, tulad noong tungkol sa beanie niya at ang mga nasabi sa akin ni Don Kael, and her staying on the fields.

Hindi ko alam kung hahalakhak ba ako dahil sa mga naging reaksyon ng mga kaibigan ko.

“MYGAD?! TOTOO?!!” pasigaw na tanong ni Kylie sa akin na halos nakakuha ng attention sa buong canteen. Mamula-mula na rin siya't halos abot tenga na ang ngiti niyang labas ngipin!

Bigla naman napaubo si Jayvee, at nabulunan sa kinakain. Greg looked like he saw something enormous, at napa-atras pa sa kinauupuan.

“WOOOOW DUDE!” hindi makapaniwalang sigaw niya't nakakuha rin ng atensyon halos ng lahat.

Especially Rhianne's attention. Ang tingin niya'y parang nanununog.

Nagulat ako sa biglang pagtili ni Kylie, at nagawa pang itapon sa mukha ko yung suot niyang cap, at niyugyog yung katabi na si Greg, habang siya nama'y natulala sa kanya. Well, you barely see Kylie not wearing a cap at school, at kahit sa bahay.

Pakalmahin niyo nga ang babae na 'to!

“So, kayo na ba? Nililigawan mo na ba?” bulong niya sa akin, at tumili-tili pa ang walanghiya!

“Hindi pa.” sagot ko, na may ngiting tagumpay.

“Oo nga e.” kahit ang boses ni Greg ay naging bulong na lang, at inilapit ang mukha sa akin na parang may ibubulong pa.

“Nagkasama pala sa isang kwarto ah? So, kumusta experience niyong dalawa? Masarap ba?”

At humalakhak siya ng napakalakas!
Experience?!

ASDFGHJLJRVEIABDJGRWHAT THE HUNCH?! I did not– GEEZ! Kahit kailan 'tong lalaking to green minded!

“I slept on a sofa, idiot!” kita ko muli ang pagubo ni Jayvee na halos hindi na makapagsalita dahil nabulunan nanaman!

“Hindi ka naman kase specific!” walang hiningang sambit nito, patuloy pa rin sa paghalakhak. Kita ko ang naninigkit na mata ni Kylie na halos tumitig sa kanya sa diri. Kaya naman siniko niya si Greg ng napakalakas sa ribs na napatigil ito.

“What was that for Kylie?!” tanong naman nito sa kanya.

“Green-minded na manyak! Ñeta!” Pagpuna naman niya, at ibinalik ang tingin sa akin. 

“Seryoso Trev, bagay kayong dalawa! Alam mo pag talagang naging kayo, susuporta ako sa inyo! Walang pakealamanan, kahit pa mismong tatay mo!” masayang sabi niya, mentioning someone na nagbalik sa ilang mga ala-ala.

Dad was the one that kept me from deciding what I want. Siya yung balakid sa lahat ng plano't gusto. Kahit sa pakikipagkaibigan ko kay Rhianne.

“Don't tell me your befriending that girl again.” sabi pa niya sa akin noon.

“Anong magagawa mo kung gusto ko siyang kaibiganin?”

“Trevor, pinapayagan kitang makipagsosyo sa mga kaklase mo't kakilala, huwag lang ang anak ni Rayanne.”

“Then why not?”

“Hindi ka pwedeng makipagkaibigan sa mga taong ganyan ang ugali!”

Of course, in the end, Dad would always gets his wish.

And right now, I'm taking it back.

Hindi ko kayang iwasan ang sarili kong bestfriend.

Kailangan ko ulit makausap si Rhianne.

Pagkatapos ng lahat ng nangyari.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 134K 23
What would you do if you wake up one day and find yourself in a different body? [Completed]
164K 3.2K 73
She's Floricel Valencia Tahimik na buhay lang ang tanging gusto nya kaya nag paka layo layo sya sa pamilya nya. Pero talagang mapag laro ang tadhana...
3.2M 159K 54
[RFYL book 2] When the enemy is close behind, you need to run as fast as you can. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN Written by: SHINICHILAAAABS Genre: Science F...
124M 2.6M 56
Si Carmelita Montecarlos ay ang bunsong anak ng pinakamayamang angkan sa San Alfonso. Habang si Juanito Alfonso naman ay ang anak ng pinakamaimpluwen...