โœ“ | BETTER WITH YOU โ†’ richie...

By grcves

ใ€€ใ€€ ๐๐„๐“๐“๐„๐‘ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ โ‹† ๐˜๐Ž๐”๏ผ ใ€€ใ€€3 years later, ash and richie ใ€€ใ€€finally reunite. with the past ... More

better with you
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
final q&a
the asshole awards
the asshole awards: winners

q&a part two

6.6K 107 56
By grcves

Q & A QUESTIONS

Q: What was your biggest inspiration for Ashley? And will I be crying through chapter 13? -ash19xo

A: My biggest inspiration for Ash was probably myself. I feel like I'm lot like her in a lot of ways. I get really, really upset about how much people hate on her. It makes me feel really sad. I feel like in book one, she was really struggling with how she felt between Richie and Eddie (ooo flashback. that love triangle), and in that particular book, Richie was kind of being a dick to her.

And Ashley had no idea why. She knew there was one boy, Richie, who got mad at her for no reason, yelled at her, was rude to her one minute, and then the next was completely sweet and nice; whereas Eddie was consistent with his actions and didn't give her mixed signals. And lots of people in the first book, when Richie basically told her to die (can we just think about that for a second??) were like, "YES BABE DRAG HER" or "YOU TELL HER". I don't think that's called for at all. She had no idea why he was feeling like that, and yes, she did call him a Trashmouth. But that was because she was completely scared for him, and she was angry with him for scaring her, which is why she yelled at him. Ashley, I think, doesn't know how to deal with her emotions (especially when it comes to Richie) and so just gets angry.

BUT ANYWAY, yes, Ashley was inspired by me and Richie. She can be tough, an asshole, and can be a bitch but also has a very sweet side and sticks up for the people she cares about.

Also, you will be crying through chapter 13. (Sorry for such a long response!)

Q: Which book did you enjoy writing the most? -kat_reale

A: Oh God. You guys and these impossible to answer questions. As I haven't finished this one yet, I can't really say for sure, but my favorite so far has probably been Teens and Things. I really liked how I could go whatever direction I felt like in it (for example, the Stan and Bill relationship. That was completely unplanned), and in Losers Club I kind of had to stick to the storyline or all hell would have broke loose.

Q: What's your writing process, like coming up with ideas and publishing them, ect ect -SolarusMann_

A: My writing process is all over the place. So- and this is going to sound stupid- but I don't believe in rough drafts. I feel like with me, rough drafts feel like work. I like to dive right into what I've planned out in my head and start writing it out. Some things are harder to write than others (like chapter two for this book. I have no inspiration. At all.) but for some of them, it's so easy (chapter thirteen? I have that all done. In my head, I know exactly what's going to happen, how it's going to happen, iconic lines I want said, and it's 12 chapters away.) The process I have is to put in my headphones, turn on my playlist (the one I have on spotify for Richie and Ash) and just go into it. It's hard at first to know where to start, but after you're just typing away (*inserts gif of Kermit on typewriter*). I'll be posting a list at the end of this of my "writing" songs!

Q: Did you originally decide on the name Ashley or where you going to name her something different? -finskata

A: Oh my God, this was such a long time ago, holy crap. But yeah, it took me a longgg time to decide that Ashley was the name I wanted. I knew I wanted to give her a nickname that just Richie called her (ex. Ash) but Ash ended up being the name everyone used for her, and so I gave Richie a variety (ex. the infamous Beautiful, but others include Gorgeous, Angel, Baby, Babe, Babygirl). Also, I felt like Ashes was a nickname people like Pennywise, Bowers, and later, Allen, would use to insult her, just like I knew instead of Bucky Beaver (which doesn't have as much sensitivity towards Richie in it, although I know he hated his teeth) I would use Trashmouth for Richie, something that would make him really angry or upset; something that no one would dare use because of how sensitive he was to it. So I guess, yes, Ashley was always the name I wanted to use for her!

Q: Have you read IT the novel? If so, how do you find it stacks up to the movies? If not, would you read it? -Baconater666

A: I am currently reading the novel right now! It's (haha, see what I did there) a very, very exhausting novel to read through. So far, I completely love it. It stacks up considerably well to the movies, but there are tons of parts in it that I would have loved to see in the 2017 version. It gives so much depth into the characters and into Derry's history (and there are SO MANY REDDIE MOMENTS OH MY HOLY MOTHER OF GOD RICHIE ISN'T GAY FOR EDDIE MY ASS).

Q: What was your favorite chapter to write (from any of the books)? -emill1418

A: Losers Club: Chapter nineteen. It was what I was excited about writing from about chapter nine, and I love it so much.

Teens and Things: Either part one of the epilogue or chapter fourteen. I loved how Richie was in fourteen, and was just broken because of what he had done instead of acting like a dick or just not caring. And the epilogue, well that speaks for itself.

Better With You: Lol, we're not finished yet.

Q: What is your favorite Rishley moment ever? -Lifeis_AWESOME

A: WELCOME BACK!! Oh God, I can't believe you've been here for that long, holy shit. And how dare you ask this question. I CAN'T PICK JUST ONE!

Losers Club: Once again, chapter nineteen when they both tell how they finally fucking feel after eighteen previous chapters of Richie almost saying something and then fucking up and getting mad at her instead, and Ash not understanding her fear or Richie in general and getting possessed and going after the wrong guy. Torture.

Teens and Things: Part one of the epilogue, when they see each other. Oh my God, it gives me chills every single time I reread it. Like, Richie has been through hell and hasn't seen her for three years and Ash thinks he's MOVED ON thanks to STAN and then they LOOK AT EACH OTHER AND HE SAYS "BEAUTIFUL" AND THEYRE JUST LIKE STUNNED AND IN LOVE AND THEN SHE SAYS THE ICONIC "SHUT UP" INSTEAD OF HIM AND COMPLETELY SPINS IT AROUND LIKE WHAT A BADASS AND THEN THEYRE TOGETHER AGAIN AND AFSDFHKSJD IM SO EMOTIONAL.

Q: What's your favorite Richie/Ashley/Rishley quote or line from your books? -Lifeis_AWESOME

A: For the love of all things holy. I- okay. Here we go.

(also to all you people reading, comment if you remember these!)

Losers Club:

Richie: Either "Fuck. We got shown up by my wife, you guys." or "Have I ever told you one of my favorite things to do is to save you? Because then I get to know, 'She's safe.' And that's one of the best feelings in the world."

Ash: "I'm in love with you too." or "My worst fear was losing you."

Teens And Things:

Richie: "I don't care that it's 8 am in the morning! I'm here to pick up my girlfriend so we can spend our last day of freedom together before hell pulls up in a little pickup truck, tooting its horn and yelling, 'Alright bitches, all aboard the fuckin' pain train!'" or "They thought they were being subtle!?"

Ash: "Go fuck yourself, dad of the year." or "You are not a coward, Richie Tozier. You are many, many things, but you are not that."

Better With You:

Ah, screw it.

Favorite Rishley quote in all three:

"Me and you?"

"Yeah. Wherever we fucking go, me and you."

Q: Do you prefer Richie or Ashley?  -catallystic

A: Both. I love them both so much, I can't choose.

Q: What inspired you to write the books or the number of books? -LoverofFandoms2

A: The "It" movie, obviously, and actually after the first book I knew I didn't want to be finished. I had gotten unhealthily attached to the Duo and their characters. The third book is the one tying it all up. The grand finale in a series that has completely changed my life.

Q: What chapter was the most painful to write (in all three books)? -TheFanfictionGirl06

A: Losers Club: 13. Although not nearly as horrible as book two.

Teens and Things: 13. *shudders*

Better With You: 13. Oh my God, I can't handle it.

Q: What was something you were really proud of that you achieved while writing the "Losers Club" books? And what inspires you to pursue writing (because a lot of authors give up easily). --aliisha

A: I was really proud of myself for getting over 100k on a book I thought I would end up unpublishing. To me, that is still completely unreal. What inspires me to pursue writing is my love for drama and my want for things that aren't there, and instead I write about them. I love the feeling I get when I'm writing, and I love having everything in my control when I do. Because the world for instance is often out of your control. And in writing, you make the things happen.

MY WRITING PLAYLIST

(these are all on my richie and ash playlist on spotify)

don't deserve you - plumb

armor - landon austin

dusk till dawn - zayn, sia

one more drink - gjan

power - little mix

stay young - mike perry, tessa

XO - eden

bright - echosmith

carol of the bells (instrumental) - david foster

take a walk - passion pit

fumes - eden project

not on drugs - tove lo

love, save the empty - erin mccarley

so far away - mary lambert

fire escape - andrew mcmahon

i wanna get better - bleachers

gone, gone, gone - phillip phillips

warriors - imagine dragons

in my veins - andrew belle

power - kat graham

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 121 16
Eddie Kaspbrak is afraid of being sick; Richie Tozier is afraid of giving his parents and the bullies another thing to beat him for. But if it feels...
59.1K 1K 16
"We're going to grow old, and have like, 16 kids together." "In your dreams Richie." "You know it." "Shut up, Tozier." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [It 2017 based...
193 0 29
DISCONTINUED!!! I left it on the best ending I could though ๐ŸŒน The summer of 90' they all still remember what happened last year but vowed to not spe...
78.5K 3.5K 19
๐Ÿฅ€VAMPIRE AU๐Ÿฅ€ "you aren't from around here, are you?" - Eddies a vampire, Richies a human, what else is there to say? (read first chapter for more i...