final q&a

Q & A QUESTIONS

Q: Fav band/artist?? -angstyteen234

A: I have always really loved Taylor Swift since I was six, and I still love her now so that's probably number one. But I also love Sabrina Carpenter, Bea Miller, and EDEN. As for bands, Fall Out Boy, Fitz and the Tantrums, and Twenty One Pilots are my top faves.

Q: Why did you decide to write this series? -kat_reale

A: Well, I remember I had just seen It and had loved it. I went on Tumblr and looked up all this It stuff, and then I remembered Richie and his character and thought, "I want a book on him." I remember reading Crybaby by Orla (who I talk to online a lot now, so that's pretty cool) while I was writing it, and the book slowly gained more and more popularity, which blew my mind.

Q: Why did Eddie leave on that particular day? Don't Richie and Eddie see each other often? -Groomsy_09

A: After Richie married Ash, Eddie started taking college courses at Derry College and blamed all his absences from Richie's life on his busy schedule. He actually didn't want to see Richie a lot of the time, because his feelings for him would resurface whenever they were together. After Eddie kissed him, the two kind of avoided each other for awhile. Eddie distanced himself from Richie because he didn't want to fall even more for him, and felt guilty about it because he had married Ash. When the Losers finished college, they saw each other less of the time because they were busy with their own lives. So that get together at Ben and Bev's house was one of the rare times they managed to see each other, and Eddie didn't want to torture himself by seeing Richie, which is why he didn't go.

Q: What is your Hogwarts house? -SolarusMann_

A: Slytherin baby! My Patronus is a dolphin lol.

Q: Does Eddie come back? -SolarusMann_

A: He does eventually after being away from Richie for awhile.

Q: Favorite Rishley moment? -silliegirl

A: When Richie kisses Ash for the first time by the stream where the Losers had their rock war. I don't know why, it just gets me everytime. That "shut up"? I swoon.

Q: What happened with Ashley in those three years apart from Richie? -acdzus19

A: A lot of people wanted an answer to this one! Ashley and her mom moved back to her original birthplace before she came to Derry, which was Middlebury, Vermont. And it's funny because Middleburry really reminds me of Derry! Anyway, while she was there her mom continued to neglect and abuse her, and Ash learned to take care of herself. She had a couple of boyfriends to try to get herself over Richie, but the relationships usually lasted two weeks at most before she was breaking up with them. She also never smoked their cigarettes in that time period, which she tells Mike in "Beers and Tears".

Q: What was your favorite chapter to write in this series? -acdzus19

A: Jesus Christ, I have no idea. I don't think I can answer this one, as each chapter has it's own uniqueness that makes me love it.

Q: Did you always plan to have the Stranger Things characters make an appearance in this book? -nancywheelrs

A: No! That one mention of them in "Gay Happenings" during Teens and Things was only supposed to be the only reference to them. Then it just escalated from there because I saw how many people were freaking out about it!