The Dual Bender

Av goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... Mer

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision

2.1K 32 9
Av goldendragon225

Your POV

I sit up and see I'm in a city, out in the distance I see Air temple island, ok, so I'm in Republic City. I stand up, but notice I'm glowing blue, like a spirit.

You: "What the hell?" I say looking around. I notice a large beam of yellow light is coming from the center of the city, closely resembling the spirit portal from the South Pole. I turn back, and see my body... Oof, that doesn't look good. Maybe a third of my shirt was left and I had a ripped pair of pants on to go along with a brutally beat up face. Then I see a small piece of paper in the window of a store. I walk closer and see a date on it... 10 days from now... Oh... Crap.

Valek: "I told you... You didn't have a chance..." I didn't see him, but I knew his voice. Then I hear my own voice, except it sounded tired and raspy. I turn around and see myself on a knee, struggling even to do that.

Your Body: "I told you... You won't take over this world... Even though it's shown me hell... There are people in this world who deserve to live... And I won't let them down! I've failed to protect those I loved in the past... I Won't Fail This Time!!" Then I begin glowing F/C and a sparkling silver... I gotta admit I liked the look.

Valek: "You wish it would happen like that." Then everything begins breaking apart into shards until it's just darkness. Then I see it, a small square, it shows me... Korra?

You: "What is this?!" I scream. "What do you want Valek!?" I look back towards the square, and see him standing right in front of me. "AH!" I scream and jump back into a fighting stance.

Valek: "You're scared of me... Don't worry... You won't have to suffer much longer... 10 Days M/N... You have 10 days left... And so, does the rest of the world. Try to enjoy your last week alive, Wolverine." He disappears along with the vision of Korra, the last thing I see is Valek standing over her.

Your POV

I wake up in a cold sweat. I shake it off and get out of bed, it looks to be about midday by the shadows the trees have. I throw on a t shirt and shorts then walk downstairs. I hear who I'm guessing is Pema in the kitchen. I walk in, smelling something good.

Pema: "Hello M/N, how are you feeling?"

You: "Better, whatcha cookin?" She laughs.

Pema: "I heard you rolling around upstairs so I started making you some dumplings, they should be done soon. Why don't you go shower, no offense but you smell a bit, well, let's just say ripe." I sniff inside my shirt, ooh, she was not wrong. I head off to shower. Thinking about what Valek showed me. No. I won't let that happen. I won't fail again... this time, this time... No matter what... I won't fail, even if I have to take him down with me.

Korra POV

Mako: "I'm guessing she'll be here by sundown, we need to be ready before then."

Raiko: "Alright, but it doesn't matter how prepared we are to defend ourselves if we can't bring this weapon of Kuvira's down."

You: "We can't." I turn around and see M/N leaning against the wall. He walks up next to me.

Raiko: "What do you mean we can't?"

You: "It's platinum, and it's too thick for my claws to cut through, I'd need a solid 15 minutes to cut through it, and I can't bend platinum in that amount. If we get inside it, then we can take it down easily, I'm sure it's constructed like a shell. The outside is impenetrable so there's no need to protect anything inside it."

Raiko: "Ok, so we need a way to get inside it, how do we?" M/N groans runs his hand down his face.

You: "Are you that dense? I just told you I don't know how." I can see Raiko become pretty agitated after M/N insulted him.

Korra: "Raiko, you should get to somewhere safe where Kuvira can't get to you." He nods and some guards escort him out. I lead M/N to where everyone else is.

Bolin: "M/N!" Bolin screams as he runs up and hugs him.

You: "Alright, alright, good to see you too Bolin."

Korra: "So, we need a way to cut through platinum, anyone got any ideas?" I ask them. A few minutes later Asami snaps her fingers.

Asami: "Got it! Plasma saws!" Varrick seems just as excited as her.

Varrick: "Yes! Wait... How are we going to get a plasma saw onto that thing?"

Asami: "Well... We could attach them to those prototype hummingbirds we have."

Varrick: "Yes! Excellent thinking Asami! But will they be strong enough? We'd have to cut down size and power in order to keep the hummingbirds mobile."

You: "How long would you need?" He asks them.

Asami: "Hmm, I don't know, depending on how small the saws are... I'd say a couple minutes, most likely around two." He nods.

You: "I can guarantee you one, you'll have to find a way to get the other." She nods.

Lin: "I'm going to go get someone to help with this." We all nod and she walks out. Although who would know more about this than Asami and Varrick...?

Your POV

I walk out onto the top of the building to get some air. That thing I did in the vision Valek showed me... It was possible, "you wish it would happen like that." It was possible, and I'm guessing it was the key to me beating him, but I have to figure out how to do it. And I only have 10 days to find it.

Korra: "M/N? Is something wrong?" I turn back to face her and shake my head. "What is it? Did you have another nightmare?" I nod and look down.

You: "We have 10 days Korra... I have to fight Valek in 10 days..." I look up and see her standing there with wide eyes.

Korra: "Hey, let's just get through this Kuvira thing first. And remember M/N, you won't be fighting him alone." I knew it, I knew she was going to say that.

You: "No."

Korra: "No? No what?"

You: "I'm fighting him alone, I'm sorry, but I've seen what happens if you fight... I'm not letting that happen."

Korra: "What?! But you said yourself that you can't beat him!"

You: "And your right, I can't. But I'll be damned if he lays a finger on any one of you."

Korra: "M/N, our best chance is together." I shake my head.

You: "And it may be. But it's our best chance to beat him, not to survive. I can't win, but I can kill him."

Korra POV

What? He's going to kill him without beating him?

Korra: "How do you plan on killing him without winning the fight?" He sighs and looks back out across the city.

You: "I'm going to blow him up... By making myself into a bomb." Wait, what did he just say?

Korra: "How are you going to make yourself into a bomb?"

You: "I learned a while back how to make a small one with spirit energy, I'm going to make one with all of my energy, then grab him, and, well, it's self-explanatory."

Korra: "No, I won't let you do that. You have to at least try." He laughs and turns back to me.

You: "Well duh. You didn't think I was throwing in the towel already, did you?" He says continuing to laugh. "Come on, we should get back to the others." He slings an arm around my shoulder and we walk back inside. When I get inside I'm surprised to see Hiroshi working on the hummingbirds.

Korra: "What's he doing here?" I ask Lin.

Lin: "I figured he'd know more about this than anybody else, and we need all the help we can get." Then I hear the thumping in the distance. I look up and see M/N already standing over by the window.

Korra: "She's here." Then he looks back at me with a somewhat scared impression on his face. "What? What is it." He points out the window. I walk over and see... Kuvira's weapon aimed right at us! "Everybody get out of here!" I scream.

Asami: "What?! What about the hummingbirds? There are only hope of getting inside that thing to take it down!"

Korra: "We'll have to find another way! The hummingbirds are useless if we're all dead!" Everybody begins running out of the room, except M/N, who takes a step back from the window and gets into a fighting stance. "M/N!? What are you doing?! We need to get out of here!" As I finish the beam fires. I see his pupils begin to glow a bright F/C again. Then he sends a wave of fire through the wall. It meets the beam head-on, I can see him struggling to hold it off.

You: "Korra! Get everyone back here and get the hummingbirds outta here!" I nod and run to go get everyone else, when I get back though, I see M/N on a knee completely out of breath.

Korra: "M/N?! Are you ok?" I say running up to him, I pull his arm around my shoulder and help him up.

You: "Been better." He says smiling. "Let's hurry up and get these things working."

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

I'm standing on top of the building again, watching Kuvira's weapon wreak havoc upon the city.

Asami: "Hey M/N, they're ready." I nod and follow her back down.

Korra: "Alright, Asami and Hiroshi in one, Varrick and Zhu Li in the other. I notice Zhu Li has a large ring on her finger. Had she always had that? I shrug it off and throw on my jacket. "M/N, Mako, Bolin, Sue, Lin, Wei and Wing, and myself will distract her while you guys try and get through. Try and find a blind spot on it." Everybody nods and we head out. But as soon as we get to Kuvira one of the hummingbirds starts malfunctioning.

You: "I thought you guys tested them?" I ask Korra.

Korra: "We did, I don't know what happened I'm not a tech wiz!" I shrug but nod, it's not worth arguing about right now, maybe later. Sue, Bolin, Lin, Wei, and Wing begin earthbending buildings down on top of it. Korra and I begin attacking it any way we can. I see one of the hummingbird's land on its leg.

You: "That's not exactly a blind spot!" I yell, barely dodging a section of wall it threw at me.

Korra: "We'll have to make do!" Then I see the hand begin to swing down on them.

You: "Korra!!"

Korra: "I Got It!" She waterbends ice onto it... and it holds for a solid 30 seconds before breaking, then it swings down again, I see one of the parachutes launch, but don't see the second. The hand continues to swing down. I groan and take off towards the machine. "M/N!!?" I land next to it and catch the hand, I look over and see Hiroshi looking at me with his jaw dropped.

You: "Hurry Up Please!" I yell at him, he snaps out of it and begins working again, the hand pulls away, only to swing down again, I stop it again, but I can feel my stamina draining quickly. Then I hear the clang of metal, I look over and see a hole in it. He nods at me, then fly's off, but as he does the machine knocks him out of the sky and onto the ground, then a building knocks into this machine, I see Hiroshi crawling out of the hummingbird, only to have it step right on him, I look away, and up to the head of her weapon. She killed him, I didn't even know him, yet I knew how devastated Asami was going to be. That's it... no more mercy from me.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

12.1K 559 24
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
16.7K 457 11
(Y/n) (L/n) is your average leaf village Shinobi. He's not from any special clan, has no special abilities, nothing special at all. All he has is his...
45.2K 1.2K 18
Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. The four elements of the world. There was four nations. Each one named after their element but one nation wanted to be i...
732K 9.8K 40
There is a prophecy most have never heard of. That one day a person will be born that can bend the powerful force of nature known as electricity to t...