So Close Yet So Far

By The_Pink_Dango

Sasuke is a new student to Konoha High, but what happens when his new interest Naruto, his roommate, is alrea... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 (FINALE)
Epilogue

Chapter 9

651 21 27
By The_Pink_Dango

I rushed up to my room after I got off the elevator. I took my backpack and my phone, pulling on some socks too. I opened the shelf and pulled out a granola bar. Ripping open the granola bar wrapper, I held it like a banana, occasionally taking bites as I fled down the flight of stairs once again after locking the door behind me.

I walked the path to school, which in many students have been doing. More people started to walk since school started at 8:30 and by now, it was about 8:10. The buses were arriving at school. We had 20 minutes of intermission until first period began.

As I walked in the hall, I heard Sasuke's voice. Loud and clear. He said, "I love you.".

I started to walk faster and before I knew it, I was running in the halls. I ran and ran across the school until I stopped at my locker and shoved my sweater in there. I panted from running.

I started to walk slowly, taking step after step. That three word phrase...could it really be Sasuke's voice? Was it Shikamaru? No...Could it be Yamato? Could it have been Lee? No...I dont understand. My foot lifted off the ground and connected once again with the granite about only 2 inches from where it stood before. My head spun. I leaned against my locker for standing support.

The next thing I knew, I was crying against my locker. I knew god damn well Sasuke was there. He didin't want to see me. I was an embarrassment, wasn't I? A fool? A demon? A monster? Nobody loved me after all-- nontheless a mighty Uchiha. I thought that maybe for once, I could experience love and passion, something I had never felt and dreamed of in the past. I never shared my past because I domt want people's pity.

I was never an attention seeker to begin with, like the pink banshee Sakura. Or the comedian Neji.

I was just a person. No..I was a monster.

Don't cry, kit.

Who's there?

I am the Kyuubi. I wont bite, dont worry.

What's your name?

Kurama.

Whats your story?

I'm not as cruel and mean as they make me seem. I was released by an evil shinobi and controlled. I was forced to destroyed the village.

I didn't know they had it so harsh on you. You're a fox, right?

Yeah. Why?

I love foxes!

Good for you, I am also glad to hear th--

Ringring!!

Shoot, class! I dashed to school as fast as I legs could go. Luckily, Mr. Hatake is almost always late. He was still yet to be here. I waited in class and took quick glimpses. I just put my head down inside my folded arms, scared to meet his eyes.

I was afraid that if I did, I'd have a mental breakdown. I noticed was teating up. I tried to blink back the salted liquid, but it backfired amd it started to pour from my eyes. The teardrops staining the wooden desk before my head.

I dug my face deeper into my arms.

Maybe he really did hate me. Nobody likes the demon right? Not even an Uchiha, who is a caretaker and loves everyone amd has fans that worship them kiss the floor a Uchiha steps on, can even like me.

I'm a baka, aren't I?

A worthless, dead last, good for nothing Baka.

Mr. Hatake finally stepped in. "Yo." He motioned his hand up. "Sorry I'm late, I--" He was soon interrupted by the suspicious class. "Excuses, excuses!" The students shouted while I still buried my chin in my folded arms.

"Sorry." He said as he began to teach the class.

After class, we headed on to the next classes and the next. Soon, it was lunch period.

I sulked, pushed the black tray away from me and rested my head in my arms once again.

I could hear Shikamaru mumbling "troublesome" as he sat down. I also heard Sai and Chouji, along with Sai's girlfriend Ino. "Is something wrong?" Chouji asked. "Sasuke.." I started off. "Oh, that bastard." Sai mumbled. "He told someone 'I love you' and he's been avoiding me today." I started to sob as I felt Ino's hand on my back. "Hush." She whispered. "I'll beat his ass, Uchiha or not." She smiled at me. I nodded and then started eating. We laughed and talked. We realized how we soon grew bored. The problem was that Sasuke wasn't sitting at the table. We scanned the area but Sasuke was nowhere to be found. I then found him. I grumbled and jumped from my seat. I started walking towards him, Ino looked at me, if I was sure I should do this. I nodded.

Sasuke looked at me walking up to him. "Who the fuck did you say 'I love you' to this morning? Why the fuck are you avoiding me?!" I grabbed his wrist before he was about to walk away. "You were just gonna walk away!" I protested. He 'hn'ed. So Uchiha-like. "It was.." He hesitated, like he was thinking of an excuse. "Itachi. It was Itachi." He said.

I shrugged. "Don't avoid me. I'm your boyfriend. Remember that." I pouted. I ran back over to our table. Disappointed, I put my head back into my arms.

"Hey. Why dont we have a party tonight. Just the group." Ino suggested. "Sure. I can come as long as it wipes my mind." I chuckled. We walked along the long halls. Soon enough, school ended.

Me and Sasuke walked home together. I opened the dorm room door and sighed. I walked into my side of the room and shoved myself into bed and groaned.

"Sasuke. Theres a party at Ino's tonight, its just the group. Wanna come?" I asked. "No thanks." He said. I nodded and went to the bathroom for a while before coming back out. "I'll be gone for about 6 hours. Have fun!" I waved goodbye and closed the door behind me and locked it.

I dont know, kit. I have a bad feeling.

About what?

Just brush it off, its nothing.

Okay.

Soon enough, I reached Ino's dorm. Everyone was there. I was the last person to come. We danced and had fun, drank juice, played games, surfed the social media and such. It was fun.

I decided to go home after a long period, it was about 7 hours. I wave goodbye to Shikamaru, Chouji, Ino and Sai as I walked to the dorm lobby, because Ino lives on the first floor.

I walked into the dorms and saw students still hanging around, in the lounge. It was Friday night after all.

I walked slowly up the flight of stairs until I reached our dorm. I unzipped my sweater to get my lanyard, but suddenly I stopped. My heart stopped. My eyes widened. My jaw dropped. I suddenly heard moans come through the door. I whipped my head to the sulfur plate beside the door. It read, dorm 637. The correct dorm.

My hand shook violently as I slowly placed the key towards the lock. I pushed it in slowly, making sure to be silent. The moans all of a sudden got louder through the door. "Sa...Sasuke-kun!" I heard through the door. I fully unlocked it and pulled my hand down. "He cant.." I fumed quietly.

My eyes started to water. Suddenly I heard footsteps. It was Itachi. "Itachi!" I cried, I jumped on him. "Whats wrong?" He asked, almost in a whisper. I shushed him and motioned for him to press his ear on the door. He nodded, he seemed like he had a feeling what was going on. Once a loud moan came through the door, hjs eyes widened and he jumped back. I whispered "I already unlocked it" he nodded. I placed my hand on the knob, and took a deep breath.

I twisted the knob and saw Sasuke. With...Karin.. They kissed, shirts still on, but what caught my eye was that Sasuke was inside of Karin. That part was the worst.

I had an urge, to just stop, but I tapped Itachi on the shoulder and pointed towards the bathroom. He nodded. I ran inside and rushed to a stall. Before my knees could hit the tiled floor, I vomited. Lunch and the party food. All of it.

After I finished, I flushed it down and washed my mouth and my hands. I then just ran out of the bathroom to find the flight of stairs. I ran down all the stairs until I reached the lobby. I ran left and looked for it.

Dorm 78..Dorm 79...Dorm 80!

I knocked on Dorm 80's door. Someone opened and that someone happened to be Ino.

"Ino.." I sobbed as I leamed on her shoulder. Everybody was still there and they turned their heads to see me. Ino set me on the floor and gave me a fluffy blanket. "Hush, baby boy. You've got your real friends here, don't you?" She whispered, but loud enough so everyone heard. They all nodded, and soon after, I nodded too.

"Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98K 3K 26
Naruto starts his senior year with glares from his classmates. But he meets new people that he for some reason has not seen before. Sasuke is the lea...
63K 1.3K 16
Naruto one day confessed his love for Sasuke and got turned down brutally. One day a new guy comes to school and starts hanging around Naruto a lot...
374K 11.6K 59
Sasuke Uchiha is a cold, bitter teen who has closed himself off from the rest of the world. He wasn't always like this but when a certain blond enter...
28.3K 746 32
They were just roommates. So why is Sasuke feeling so strongly about him? After going to the bar to take a break from his issues, he meets the famous...