Handsome Lord, Please Mind My...

By ryugaxLdrago

A mocked good-for-nothing gluttonous 'waste'. Ashura Nizana was tricked by her father into an unfortunate arr... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning (here i go!)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4: New Dawn
Chapter 5: The Capital, Drazan
Chapter 6:
BONUS STORY
Chapter 7: Traps
Chapter 8: The plan
Chapter 9: Rejecting the Empire's #1 Playboy
Chapter 10: Brother & Sister + This Moonlit Night
Chapter 12: The Seventh Gate
Chapter 13: Enter Milan, the Beast Tamer
Chapter 14: We Meet Again?
Chapter 15: Crossdresser Meets Warlord
Chapter 16: The Seven Old Men
Chapter 17: Interest Provoked
Chapter 18: Sharing A Room With The Nemesis
Chapter 19: Rivalry
Chapter 20: The Warlord, the Boy, and the Handsome Chef
Chapter 21: Dramatic Entrance While Catching Hearts?
Chapter 22: Let the Tournaments Begin
Chapter 23: Ignore the Warlord and Mind the Stomach
Chapter 24: The Sudden Marriage Proposal
Chapter 25: Rivalry and Friendship
Thank You Readers \( ^3^)/
Chapter 26: Enter Honey Bean Cake and Grim Dumpling
Chapter 27: I Have a Bad Case of Diarrhea...Not!
Chapter 28: Caught Staring, So I'm a Pervert?
Chapter 29: Mayday
Chapter 30: The First Kiss
Chapter 31: Unraveled Secrets
Chapter 32: Resolve
Chapter 33: Secret Exposed
Chapter 34: He is Backed By My Master!
Chapter 35: Reunion with the Unexpected
Chapter 36: Lon Daiyu's PoV
Chapter 37: Beyond the Wall is Guilty Pleasure
Chapter 38: Recovering Memories
Chapter 39: Do You Remember Me?

Chapter 11: The Truth?!

2.6K 103 6
By ryugaxLdrago

(Nizana's clothing + the conical hat) NOTE: picture is not mine

*teng teng teng* The sound of the guzheng still echoed in the back of my mind as I slept. My body felt cold like the snowy winter. It was then that I woke up to discover I had fallen asleep on the balcony. It was very early in the morning, the sun was barely visible in the east. My vision went towards my hand, still clutching my flute from last night.

Was it a dream? No it couldn't be. I felt it and I heard it, as clear as water. Just who out there can bewitch me to such extent. My thought came back to the event last night when I had a mystical duet with a mysterious guzheng player. Even though we did not meet, the song brought such familiarity to me that I was sure the same event occurred somewhere in my past. I suddenly thought of the dream I had a few days ago, the dream with the boy in the forest. I realized thinking like this won't get me anywhere, so I walked back inside my room and get ready for a bath. The red bean paste from last night was still on my face, it became dry and crusty.

Sometime later...

"Nizana! Nizana! hurry and come out. You've been in the baths for two hours now." Kaijin was booming loudly that he got some few complaints from the other guests. I sighed,

That useless brother of mine. Can't he go one day without making trouble for others. I got up from the baths to change, hoping my brother would stop clamoring outside in the hall. As soon as I got out, Kaijin dragged me by the hand to his room. Inside the room was the same as mine, some few furniture and a futon. However, I noticed  a small floor table on one side with a sheet of paper on it. The paper had father's seal on it, a lotus. Kaijin noticed me staring at the paper on the floor table and smiled.

"I see you noticed father's letter. That was what I wanted to show you as soon as you woke up, but when I went to your room, you weren't there. The owner told me he saw you going to the baths."

"Why didn't you tell me instead of shouting outside the woman's baths. People will think you're a pervert." I was sort of mad now because I wanted to hear words from father. I especially wanted him to explain why he would send me off to be engaged to an idiot playboy, how awful.

"So, what does the letter say?" I asked.

"That's just it. He just wrote to come home by tomorrow morning. That means we can use this time to explore the city." Kaijin explained getting excited at the second part.

"Sorry brother, but as much as I'd love to go to the auction with you, I must talk to father." I said.

*sighs* "I understand Nizana. Let's get going then. If we leave now we'll be home by sundown." Kaijin was already packing up, leaving me standing. I went to my room to get my thing too. After paying our bills, we walked to the horse stable to fetch our horses and exited the capital.

A few hours later...

"Hey Nizana! We forgot to resupply our food. Come on, let's go back." Kaijin panicked at the sudden realization. Even though he is not a foodie like me, he freaks out when we don't have enough food. What a wierd guy.

"Kaijin, you forgot that I am your sister. Don't underestimate me. Here look." I took out one of my giant bento box out of nowhere and presented it to Kaijin. I felt proud of myself when Kaijin's face gave away to a mix of surprise and relief.

"Nizana, just how do you manage to always have that giant box with you?" Kaijin asked in wonder.

"Hehehe. That's for me to know and you to find out. If you dare that is." I mused at Kaijin's bewilderment.

This journey won't be too bad. I thought.

It was soon sunset when we arrived at our province. I could already see our mountain in the distance. Deep inside it is our Ashura houseold. Our horses took us through the thick, tropical forest and deep inside the mountain. No villagers dared to venture this deep into our mountain because one, they know it belongs to the Ashura houseold and two, their fear of the supernatural got the best of them. It's pretty convienant when there is no one to disturb you, but it also turns lonely in some days.

We stopped at the front gate with a lotus carved on it. As if the gate itself knew we'vd arrived, it opened slowly and steadily. Servants who were present in the courtyard came to greet us. I mounted off my horse and told one of the servants to bring the horse back to its home. I turned to the direction of father's study room with Kaijin following behind. I opened the door to his study and greeted him.

"We have returned father." I greeted.

"You came home earlier than I thought." Father's deep voice spoke out.

"Yes father. I wanted to leave as soon as possible because I want to ask y-" I was suddenly cut short by father's hand.

"I know Nizana and we will talk. Kaijin you are dismissed." Father directed at Kaijin. My brother headed out at father's command. He did felt a little disappointed though.

Back inside father's study room, I stood facing father who was sitting on his chair. He was looking at me signaling me to go first. I nodded, getting the messege.

"Father, I did what you asked. I went to the capital thinking I was there for the auction. However, I found out that I was to be engaged to that Official's son. Kaijin told me it was by your order to have me be engaged to Tashida Makoto. I want answers father." My tone was firm, yet on the verge of sadness as I spoke. I was not angry, but merely hurt that father would do this.

"Nizana, you are here right now is proof that you already realized it was some sort if test." I nodded.

"Then this will be easier. The truth is, that test was to see how much you value your ambitions. In this life, those without ambition will fade away like a star without its shine. I know what you want and I know you have the strenght and skills to do it. What I wanted to know was whether you had enough will power to persue it." Father gazed over me with serious eyes. I stood, shocked at the real meaning behind the test.

"Do you understand Nizana why I had to do it?"

"Yes father." I replied.

Father knew all along. He knew what I desire is the pinnacle of the martial world. He wanted to see if I was willing to give up my ambition over marriage and luxury. Such a ruthless plan. If I had chosen the other, would father bring me back to make me realize my mistake? No, I doubt it because that's just who father is, merciless and cold, yet always knowing.

"Nizana, you have passed my test so I will help you persue you ambition. The tournament of masters held once every 5 years will begin again in just a few weeks. Participants must sign in through their masters. This opportunity will be your stepping to achieve your goal." Father explained.

"I understand father. However, my master has been long gone. How am I to participate?" I asked.

"I will give you a way to participate, but you can only be a participant without a master. They will think you are weak for you are not registered under any master. You understand right?" Father continued his explanation.

"Yes father, but do not worry I will make sure to be extra cautious. So, just how will you plan on getting me in the tournament?" I was now very curious on how father will do it. It's not an easy task to trick martial masters. It could even lead to death. Even with father's powers and status, he would not escape unscratched if discovered.

"I plan on registering you as my nephew who's master had died. The time was too short for you to find another master, so you will register without one."

"Eeeeeh! Di-disguise as a-a bo-boy! You can't mean that father! I will do anything except that. There's a huge chance that I'll get discovered right away." My voice came out as a shriek at father's crazy scheme. I was sure it could be heard miles away.

"Think about it Nizana. You must register under a master's name or get special permission to participate. To the outside world Ashura Nizana is nonexistent. If you register just like that it will make them more suspicious. You could even get expelled from participating in the tournament." Father's warning echoed in my mind over and over again. I knew my father was right.

If I back out now not only will I disappoint father, I will also go back on my own words. My pride will not allow me to! I will do this. I have made my resolve in my mind.

"I accept these conditions father. I will leave the other matters to you then. Um... Father, thank you for this opportunity. I am in your debt." I did a respectful bow to father with hands together in front. I stood straight up again only to see father's gentle smile.

Wow! I did not see that coming. Father and Kaijin are really surprising these days. It's going to be bad for my poor heart. Father is really handsome when he smiles like that. It makes me happy for some reason.😊

I started walking out towards the door when something forgotten resurfaced in my mind. I stopped on my tracks to look back at father.

"Father, may I ask you a question?"

"Go head and tell me." Urged father

"Was there ever a young boy that used to visit us? A boy a few years older than me?"

"What's on your mind Nizana?"

"Oh, not much. I'm just wondering." Father's eyes narrowed ever so slightly at my attempt to hide my thoughts.

"No, not that I can remember." Father replied in boredom.

"I see. Its alright, its not that important anyway. See you at dinner father. Just so you know, I'm cooking tonight." With that last message delivered, I walked out to go prepare our dinner. Meanwhile, father sat while staring at my retreating figure. 

Hmm... is she starting to remember him?

Continue to read the story please! Don't forget to vote and comment if you like🙏 Enjoy!😄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 14.6K 136
Fern is the younger sister of a famous author known for 'The Promise Under The Moon.' At just fourteen, she was the first to read her sister's debut...
38.4K 2.3K 53
๐™ฐ๐š— ๐šŽ๐š•๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐šœ๐š’๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐š’๐šœ ๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š๐šŽ๐š ๐š“๐šž๐šœ๐š ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐šŠ ๐š–๐š˜๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›.. ๐™ท๐š˜๐š  ๐š ๐š˜๐šž๐š•๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š™๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šœ ๐š๐šŠ๐šŒ๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š’๐š›...
21.8K 432 158
Yuan Li was an excellent logistics personnel on the battlefield. One day, after transmigrating, he found himself in ancient times as the son of a min...
5.6M 368K 74
Losing this war means captured by the enemy empire and considered as their prostitutes and servants. Dreaming that situation made my heart race even...