Love & War (Completed)

By ImJustReese

SEQUEL to 'Waiting For Mr. Left' **This is Book Two of the Fighting Temptation Series.** Bruce and Alexis are... More

Copyright ยฉ
Ch 1: Fu** Love, This is War
Ch 2: Truth Is...
Ch 3: Repairing the Broken
Ch 4 Face Your Fears
Ch 5: My Name is Payback, and I'm A...
Ch 6: When The Levee Breaks Pt 1
Ch 7: When the Levee Breaks Pt 2
Ch 8: Black & Noke, Better than Rum & Coke
Ch 9: The Experiment
Ch 10: Low Down Dirty Shame
Ch 11: Bad Move
Ch 12: Special Delivery
Ch 13: War On All Fronts
Ch 14: Old Wounds
Ch 15: Lo Siento
Ch 16: Not Letting Go
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 1: Under Lock & Key
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 2: UNDERGROUND
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 3: REVELATION
ALTERNATE ENDING PT 4: Unworthy

Ch 17: Soul of My Soul

546 25 22
By ImJustReese

WHAT'S UP AWESOMETTES & AWESOMITES?!!

IT'S DECEMBER!!!! BIRTHDAY MONTH!! SAGITTARIUS!!! DECEMBER 8TH!!!

WHO ELSE IS A DECEMBER BABY? WHAT'S YOUR DAY?

I GOT MYSELF AN EARLY BIRTHDAY PRESENT. ON THE 2ND, I ATTENDED THE WORLD OF DANCE TOURNAMENT HERE IN NY!! AHHHH!  IT WAS INCREDIBLE!

ANYWAYS, ON WITH THE STORY!!

WHERE WE LEFT OFF...

KANE

I watch as Pop's ride pulls up and he hops out, cool and calm. He walks toward me. His eyes already firing questions at me. I shake my head and shrug. His shoulders deflate a little. He stands in front of me and looks me square in the eye.

"Are you okay, Mijo?"

I barely shake my head.

He pulls me to him. "Me either mijo."

"I should have been faster..." I say against his shoulder.

He pulls me closer. "Don't you dare blame yourself. You know he would kick your a** if he heard you say that."

I chuckle. "Yeah..."

"Everything will turn out alright. No matter what. We Santiagos are fighters, we stick together. Right."

I nod. "Right."

He lets go of me. "Come." He smiles at me and pats my back.

I chuckle because I know pops is about to get some sh** done.

OUTSIDE POV

A figure shrouded in darkness watches a helpless Bruce struggle to get free of his restraints. He smiles. "We finally meet Bruce. I have a few bones to pick with you. Shall we begin?" He says with a sinister smirk.

NOW...

Dorian walks into the hospital calmly adjusting his collar, Kane following after him like a wolf ready to strike. Dorian smiles at the receptionist at the desk. "Good evening Ma'am. I would like an update on my son Daniel Silva."

She types in a few thanks and looks at the screen for a brief moment. She looks up at Dorian's kind face. "I apologize sir. But, Mr Silva is still in surgery. I will page one of the nurses to see if there are any updates. I will let you know as soon as I can. I apologize for the wait sir."

He smiles kindly at her. "Thank you Nurse..."

She smiles. "Neil sir. Rebecca Neil."

He nods. "Thank you Nurse Neil." He turns and faces an awestruck Kane.

Kane looks at him confused. "I don't smell charring flesh Pop."

Dorian chuckles. "Come."

"Where are we going?"

"To the top."

"Huh?"

Dorian smiles. "Always work simultaneously from the bottom and the top. You'll get things done a lot faster." He pats Kane's back and ushers him away.

ALEXIS

I lay on my bed and look at the picture of Daniel on my phone. "Dani, please don't leave me... I look up. "God, please please please, make him come back. I know you didn't take him, that's not Your Will. But, don't let the devil win please. When you see him kick him off a cloud and send him back here. And tell him I said so." I sniffle and hug the pillow covered with his shirt, burying my face in it.

DANIEL

Where am I?

"At a cross-roads."

"Cross-roads?"

"You have a choice...although Alexis and Kane have made it quite clear which you had better choose."

I chuckle. "Of course they did."

A calming laugh sounds. "The choice is yours to make. Life on earth or, come home with Me?

"Life with Alexis-no offense!"

A chuckle sounds. "I'm not offended. I am the Source of the love you feel for her."

I laugh sheepishly.

"Is that your final choice?"

"Yes."

"Done."

I am then sucked into what feels like a vacuum. I hear a whisper just before my eyes snap open. I sit up and take the deepest breath I have ever taken in my life.

Wait a minute? Life? I'm ALIVE!

I look around at the startled surgeons and nurses. I'm on an operating table. The nurse nearby drops the pen she was writing with, staring at me fear and awe.

"Where's Alexis?"

No one moves. I growl in annoyance. I start taking all of the needles and heart monitor pads off. I start to get off the table, but one of the nurses stops me. "What?!" I bark at her.

She stutters. "Uh...y-y-you w-w-w-w-were dead. Like Michael Jackson dead. Your heart stopped. I-I-I was about to write your t-t-time of d-d-death, but you sat up like fu**ing Dracula!" She says near hysterics. She shakes her head in unbelief. ""H...how?"

I shrug. "I chose to." I pin her with a glare. "Now, where is Alexis?"

She gapes at me. "I-I-I'll go have one of the nurses get her, but you need to put something on." She starts to walk away. "Not that the view is bad. Lord, knows it's not." She mumbles. "And you need to be patched up. We got the bullets out, and stitched you up, but you...you flatlined before we got to finish. And then you..." She trails off as she exits.

"Is someone going to make a move, or is that not procedure here?"

Suddenly everyone is moving as if someone pressed fast forward.

ALEXIS

Everyone keeps calling me, but I just need space. I begin to drift off, but my phone vibrates again. I huff in annoyance and look at the screen. It's the hospital.

I hurriedly pick up. "Hello?"

"Hello Mrs. Silva? This is Nurse Marie Ping. I have great news. Mr. Silva is awake and demanding your presence." She chuckles.

A painfully wide smile spreads on my face. I can't decide whether to laugh or cry, so I do both. "He is?" I laugh-cry.

"Yes, ma'am he is. Please get here soon. I'm thoroughly convinced he will check himself out and come get you himself, if you aren't here soon."

I laugh with tears in my eyes. "That does sound like something he would do. I'm on the way."

I jump off the bed grab my shoes, keys, wallet, and stuff them all in my sweat pants, along with my phone and run out the door. I hope into my car and make it to the hospital in record time. I run inside, just as Daniel approaches the nurses desk. This man was about to sign himself out. I chuckle, tears of joy rolling down my cheeks.

His head snaps in my direction. A look of awe and adoration bloom on his features.

I gasp when I see the damage Bruce caused.

I mean, he looks kind of sexy with all the scars. What do I mean kind of? He's like danger sex. How does he do that?

I slowly approach him. He patiently-

"Alexis get your fine a** over here."

Scratch the patient part. I smile and practically tackle him. Even injured, he's solid as a rock. He didn't even stumble. He wraps his arms around me. He holds me close, burying his nose in my hair. He holds my face in his hands and stares at me with all seriousness. "Woman, you ever think about leaving this earth without my permission, and I will punish you."

I look up into his eyes. Seeing the truth in them. I frown in thought. "How did you..."

"You are soul of my soul Alexis. I am incomplete without you. Even in death, I can still hear and feel you as if you were part of me."

My heart drops. I look into his eyes. Mine brimming with tears. "Y-you..."

"Shhh..." He stops me. "Yes. You should know better than to think I would forget my promise. Plus, God said you threatened me. So...I mean...it's not like I actually had a choice. Even though He politely gave me one anyways."

I giggle. "Da** right."

He smiles down at me. "He also told me something else before I got back."

"What's that?"

The smile plays in his eyes. "You'll find out soon enough.

I look up at him in confusion.

His smile spreads. He his thumb strokes my cheek.

A joy filled scream is heard nearby. "You're pregnant?!!"

We look over at a beaming Kamari as she jumps around. Marquis looking at her with a smile. "I'm going to be an Aunty!!"

My eyes trail to Nahia whose head is buried in Angelo's chest. A smile on his lips.

It's like a record scratches. "Wait. You're pregnant? It's about time. You two hump like rabbits on viagra."

Kamari beams. "I can't wait to hold the twins."

"Twins?" We all ask simultaneously.

Kamari looks at us like we're slow. "Do you see Angelo? There is no way that there is just one in there." She says pointing to Nahia's flat stomach.

Nahia groans in embarrassment. "Mari..."

Kamari looks at her confused. "What? It's true! Watch! I'm gonna be the best aunty ever!"

"Have you forgotten you have a son at home?"

She straightens her face. "No. And I love my Baby Cakes, so don't go there." She says, holding up a sassy index finger.

Marquis chuckles holding his hands up.

Just then Kane and Dorian come rushing around the corner. They both stop in their tracks.

Dorian brings his hand to his mouth in shock. "Mijo?" He says, his eyes watering.

Daniel turns to his father with a smirk. "You didn't think you could get rid of me that easily did you? I am a Santiago after all." He looks past them. "Where's Gabe?"

Everyone looks around.

A nurse chimes in. "He went toward the garden some time ago. "I'll have one of the staff go get him."

"Thank you." Dorian and Kane hug Daniel.

"Your pretty a** dies on me again and I'll skin your a**." Kane says

"So I heard." He says with a smirk.

Kane chuckles. "Leave it to your dead a** to go all Patrick Swayze."

Daniel chuckles.

Gabe comes running. He pulls Kane out of the way and secures his arms around Daniel. Daniel wraps his arms around his little brother, that's like a son to him.

"I thought-"

"I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."

Gabe nods into his chest.

"Can we get food? I haven't eaten in days." Daniel says.

Gabe and I look up at Daniel. "Where is he?!"

Kane laughs. "Somewhere wishing for a quick death."

A FEW DAYS LATER

Bruce screams in agony as more skin is peeled from his back. He blacks out. He is sprayed with a high powered hose.

"Wakey wakey Mr. Black. I'm not done with you yet." Says an amused British accent.

"P-p-please kill me." He sputters and coughs.

"Where's is the fun in that? I did tell you I had a few bones to pick with you didn't I? We've only just reached the muscle. What kind of host would I be if I didn't keep my word, hm?" The man taps his chin. "Tell you what. We'll take a break. I am quite famished at the moment. You get a few winks in, eat something, and then we'll start up again in say...2 hours."

"P-p-p-p-p-please..."

"Perfect. See you then." The man puts his instruments down and happily whistles toward the exit of the poorly lit room.

"W-w-w-wait..."

The man stops.

"Wh-wh-wh-wh-who are you?"

The man slowly walks into the light, whistling. When Bruce sees his face he pales. "A-a-a-a-AK..."

The man smiles. "Plot twist." He sings. He then turns around, and whistles happily as he walks out of the room.

Bruce yells and tries to get free as the heavy door shuts behind AK.

KANE

He groans in amusement, cleaning his hands in the large sink. "Woman would you stop calling him every two hours? He's fine. He's probably getting more action from his woman than I am from mine."

Shana smacks Kane's arm. "So, I want to check on him. He just came back from the dead."

Kane rolls his eyes. "And you saw him in person for yourself." He sighs. "Whatever, you're up." He hands takes a seat in the concrete room, watching a bloody Noke wheeze.

Her eyes light up. "Oh! It is my turn. What shall I do?" She picks up an adjustable wrench, eying it in curiosity. "Big Daddy?"

Kane smirks at her from across the room. "Yes, Tesoro."

"How tight would these have to be to crack nuts?"

He smiles. "Depends on the nut. I guess we'll have to see and find out."

She twirls the wrench in her hands and walks toward Noke. "Can you sing? If you can't, don't worry I'll teach you."

Kane groans. "Fu** I love you woman."

She looks over at him and winks.

ALEXIS

"PAPI!! PAPI!!!" She screams. Her body spasms violently, before she passes out.

Daniel kisses up her body, leans over her, and smiles adoringly at his fiancé. He whispers to her flat stomach. "And that is how Daddy puts Mommy to sleep." He looks up at her and smiles fondly. "I love Mommy so much, I came back from the dead for her. And I love you too mijo. I can't wait to meet you." He kisses her stomach, and pulls the blanket over her; moving her hair out of her face. "I love you Lobo." He then heads to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth.

MIAMI

"Is lunch ready gorgeous?" He says from the back door, not walking into their home.

"Almost. Go get cleaned up, you are not getting that blood in my kitchen."

"Yes, ma'am." He walks into their beach house and heads to the shower. He looks into the lower cabinet and chuckles. "I think she has enough mango butter soap, body wash, and lotion to last the next 5 years. I have to remember to call my Sweet Pea later, and check on my future son-in-law." He chuckles and grabs a bar of soap.

THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK. I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED. IT ALWAYS HAPPENS, WHEN A STORY IS NEARING THE NEXT WILL START NAGGING ME LIKE STEWIE DOES LOUIS.

SO GOOD NEWS IS THE SEQUEL'S FIRST TWO CHAPTERS ARE WRITTEN. THE NEXT ONE IS MILES' STORY, VERY DARK. HE WENT THROUGH A LOT AS A KID. BUT, YOU GET TO SEE WHY HE AND ANGELO ARE SO CLOSE.

MOOOOOVING ON. HAVE YOU ALL FIGURED OUT WHO THE MYSTERY PERSON A.K.A. AK IS YET?

DID YOU ENJOY IT?

I'LL PROBABLY WIND UP REWRITING SOME OF THIS. LIKE I DO WITH EVERY STORY UNTIL I GET IT TO WHERE I LIKE IT COMPLETELY. THAT VERSION OF 'WAITING FOR MR. LEFT', ISN'T THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF IT. IT HAS BEEN REWRITTEN A BIT. NOT A LOT, BUT...A BIT.

LOVE YOU MY LOVE BITES!!

BACI BACI

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 14.4K 63
*BOOK 2 in the Gang Life series. * (EDITING BUT COMPLETE) "Please! Don't!" My victim begs. I stare into their eyes and almost laugh. "Why?" I ask...
308K 21.1K 60
Updated every Monday and Wednesday (Book 1) When assassins and ex-lovers, Eliana and Reid reunite under unusual circumstances they must try and work...
5.2K 326 10
The worn leather of the armchair creaked beneath me as I straddled Marcus. I felt him, solid and undeniable, beneath me. The knowledge stole my brea...
123K 5.5K 29
"Why the hell won't you just admit it?!" I yelled at him. "Admit what?!" He asked. "The REAL reason why you don't want to be with me! It's cause I'...