A Phoenix With No Wings

By nataswan

She was born to be an empress. Beauty like immortal, talented in many aspects and a great politician. She mar... More

Prologue
1
2- A Phoenix Life
3- Unexpected Birthday Wish
4- A Concubine?
6 - Lady of Harem
7- Concubine Yu
8- Lunar New Year Festival
9- Secret Admirer
Characters
10-The Court
11- The Emperor was Right
12- Is It a Prince or a Princess
13- Who is She? I've Seen Her Before..
14- Wo de Huang Li Niao
15- Our Second Date pt.1
16- Our Second Date pt.2
17- The Princess was Killed
18- Im a Better Swordsman
1k votes bonus: Crown Prince of Lian
19- Go Out with Me
20- Don't Steal My Kiss
21- Another Chance
22- A Phoenix with No Wings
23-What is Happening?
24- Good Morning Empress
25- What Future?
26- Niao Niao is The Empress
27- If
28- The Empress is Niao Niao
29- Stop Lying
30- Crown Prince's Visit
Recomendations
31- Under the Moonlight
Announcement
32- Final Decission
33- The Great Emperor
34- That's Love
35- Asking Her Out
36- Horsewashing Date, Empress
37- Horsewashing Date, Emperor
38- Love Book
39- Based On the Book
40- How About Him.
41- For Her
HELP ME
42- Love Her Right
43- A New Start
44- The Return of Consort Hua
45- She is the Villain
46- Happy Ending?
47-Love in Her
48- Who is She to Talk About Love
49- You were Never a Monster
50- I Don't Know
51- See You
52- A Letter
53- Last Chapter

5- Are you the emperor?

25.2K 710 44
By nataswan

The emperor gets up and and asks Bai Lu to prepare his cart.

"Your majesty, I believe it is better to not disturb the empress right now."

"Hmm? But she looks okay before right? Is it possible that she's poisoned?"

"This servant perhaps not. Maybe her majesty is tired."

"Okay then." Let's just believe that the empress is just tired.

-
The emperor really wants to meet the empress before morning assembly. He knows that it will be a battle field today. Yesterday, Consort Hua already gave him some hints. And today, people of court will do the same thing.

Anyway, harem and court actually connected tightly. While harem way of manipulation is soft and done with compassion, the court's way is more of a brain game and tactics. If they are able to combine both powers, there will be a disaster in the country. So it is very dangerous, the only person that is objective is the empress.

But she's sick.

A beautiful lady in a gold dress comes to the court. It is the empress, court officials bow in respect and greet her. She is a true beauty, she walks elegantly. Water lotus scent fills the room as she walk by. Her hair pieces are magnificent and luxurious, it is made of gold and jade.

But the emperor doesn't care about that. He only cares that the empress comes.

The empress greets the emperor and sits next to him.

"I heard that you were sick"

"I..am?"

"Yesterday I told Bai Lu to-"

"Oh right! Please forgive this empress for her incapablelities."

"There's no need."

When the assembly ends the empress can feels the tense between Hua Clan and Wei Clan. It is nothing new but seems like it's getting bigger. Maybe it's because we agree to send spies like Wei Clan recommended.

"Ehm," the emperor clears his throat "Can you come to my study tonight?"

She goes there every day, but the emperor never asks her personally. And it's kind of making her heart flutter. Or maybe she just overthinks, the emperor still thinks that she was sick right?!

-
The moon shines beautifully that night. The emperor stroll around his palace because he couldn't sleep.

"Where is your majesty heading?" Bai Lu asks.

"To the harem house." The emperor thinks that empress's idea isn't so bad. However he also won't come very often. But since he is bored and has nothing to do, let's just visit his concubines.

The emperor actually never went and pick her own concubine in the harem house. It's usually based on their family influences, and a sedan will pick the concubine up to the dragon palace.

Bai Lu dumbfounded when he hear the emperor. Because the emperor rarely approved any concubine to serve him, yet he wants to go to the harem house now?

When the emperor arrived to the harem house beautiful music playing attract him. He slowly walks toward the hall, he peeks and saw beautiful maidens dancing elegantly. Oh right, they must be practicing for New Year Celebration.

He knows the girls will do anything to be the centre. Like practicing all the time and dieting.

He continues to walk around the house. It was silent in the pavilion because all of the concubines are in the hall or sleeping. But then he saw a group of young girls pluck and collect various water lotus from the pond.

They are so cute and innocent. They are playing around and laughing with each other. It makes the emperor smiles.

"What are you doing?" The emperor asked from behind. "Do you know that plucking lotus is prohibited?"

The girls are so shocked that one of them fall to the pond.

"Are you okay?" The emperor feels sorry and lend his hand.

But the five girls only stare at him. Are they afraid? Well, a small mistake will make your life at stake. He knows it but is he really that scary?

"Emm.. who are you?" A shaken voice asked.

"Gu meimei can not touch random guys, please be considerate ." Another one answer but she never looks at him.

Oh right, they don't know how the emperor looks like! He just laughed at his stupidity.

"Maybe I should have introduced myself, I am the dragon." He tries to be humble but he can't simply just say his name to those concubines.

Now their eyes are more shocked and terrified. They quickly do a full bow and asking for forgiveness.

"This servant did a terrible mistake, please spare our lives." Their body are shaking in fear.

"Okay, okay you can get up now."

"Is there anything that Nubi* can help?" Finally a girl break the ice.

"Hmmm... this emperor is bored right now, do you want to accompany the dragon?"

If eyes could pop out maybe they won't have any eyes right now.

"Is that a no?" The emperor ask again.

"We would be more than grateful to accompany your majesty."

"Good, Gu Xiao Jie** you can change your hanfu first."

Never in their dream they would imagine to walk with the emperor. The heaven are being too good towards them.

"Why aren't you practice for the celebration?" The emperor ask.

"Nubi is not good enough to perform the dance, that's why we are cut from the line up." A girl who act like a tour guide answers.

Because this is the first time for the emperor to walk around the harem, he's happy that someone explains the places to him. Also the house is very big and complicated to understand. There are shared house for 6th and 5th ranked concubines, 4th ranked concubine's personal chambers, 3rd and 2nd ranked concubine's pavilions, and so on.

"So, how many concubines are there?" The emperor asks. They look at each other and told a girl to count it.

"How old are you? And tell me your names."

They are very young, only 13-15 years old. It makes him sad that they have to live such a hard life.

After 15 minutes of walk, "y-your majesty, there are a total of 375 concubines who lives in the harem house."

"Oh really?" The emperor truly shocked. 375 wives? That's insane! "You must be really good a counting aren't you?" He complimented the girl and she smiles shyly.

"Okay, is there anything that you want? This emperor will grant your wishes, just ask."

"Your majesty itself is more than enough for this lowly concubine." They said it in unison, they must have practiced it.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes your majesty" they do a full bow once again and the emperor left.

It was sure fun time with them. But he really thinks that he has too much wives.

-
"Jiejie, the emperor is so handsome!"

"Meimei's heart melts when I first saw him, meimei thinks She fall in love to a stranger at the pond."

"The emperor call me Gu xiao jie, your majesty is very down to earth!"

"The emperor is very nice and young! We are so lucky"

"True, the emperor also complimented jiejie!"

Nubi: me/ I / this servant
Xiao Jie: young miss
Jiejie: older sister
Mei Mei: younger sister

Thank you for reading! This story will be updated every week :) please vote comment and share to your friends ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 6.9K 22
Xu Yang lived a happy life until she met her first love who she married thanks to her father's power, but from here everything went wrong. After only...
The Empress Wears Gucci By f

Historical Fiction

256K 10.5K 95
*2nd editing* If you like historical, harem affair dramas, and the underdog rising to regality, you will like this book! After Carmen Han gets into...
1.9M 67.6K 53
Woke up in the ancient era frightened the hell out of her. But she has to make a choice : Let the real plot take place or try to change it. ••• His p...
159 16 9
The life of Luo Yingxiao is humble, simple, and outright peaceful. She came from two wonderful kind-hearted farmer parents that raised her into this...