The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon

2.1K 41 12
By goldendragon225

Korra POV

After M/N's outburst Tenzin, Wu, Izumi, and Raiko agree that we should lead a small scout team to go see what kind of weapon Kuvira has made. Bolin, Mako, Asami, M/N, and myself head out to where reports of Kuvira's army had been made. But as we enter a valley, I hear a rhythmic thumping.

Asami: "What is that?" She asks looking around.

Mako: "It's a pattern of some kind."

Bolin: "Yea, maybe it's just a herd of something."

You: "No, those, those are footsteps." What?

Korra: "M/N, no offense, but to make footsteps sound that loud it would have to be..." I trail off when I see some kind of metal giant come out from behind the mountain.

You: "It would have to be huge, is that huge enough?" He says staring at it.

Korra: "Uh, yea, that's big enough." It stops walking and aims some kind of tube at us.

Bolin: "Guys I know what happens next and we don't want to be here when that happens! Move!" I send Oogie into a dive, barely dodging the beam. We turn around and head back towards Republic City, then I hear the sound again, I look back and see a beam of light only a few hundred feet away. There's no chance of dodging it now, then I see M/N stand and turn to face the beam, he extends his hands and the beam stops. It just hits a wall and stops, then I see M/N take one hand and point it to his right, while the other stays pointed at the beam. A few seconds later I see a beam come from his hand... He was redirecting it... The beam becomes smaller and smaller until it vanishes. Then M/N collapses.

Your POV

Gaea: "What were you thinking!?" I look up to see Gaea's misty form standing in front of me, and see that I'm atop the mountain overlooking... home.

You: "What? What did I do?"

Gaea: "Don't lie to me M/N! I know you were thinking about absorbing that beam just like you did with lightning!" Ohhh, damn, this isn't gonna end well.

You: "Because, I'm going to need it when I face Valek! Ok!? I can't beat him..." I say hanging my head.

Gaea: "Not alone you can't." I look up at her, she wasn't implying that?

You: "No, I've seen what happens to her if she fights..."

Gaea: "Most visions of the future come true when you try to avoid them... Did you ever think that she looked like that because he killed you and she had to fight him alone?" I sit for a minute, was she right? "Even if she gets hurt, or worse, as long as Valek is defeated." What!?

You: "NO!! I Am Not! Nor Will I Ever!! Put Their Lives At Risk To Help Fix MY Mistake!!" I scream at her. "Meelo, Ikki, Jinora, Pema, Tenzin, Lin, Sue, Opal, Wei and Wing, Kya and Katara, Sky, Mako, Asami, Bolin, and Korra... As long as they're safe... I don't care what happens to myself. If I die, then I die... But I'll be damned if he lays a finger on even one of them! Do you understand? I'm doing this alone..." She sighs, but nods.

Korra POV

You: "No... I won't put their lives at risk, for my mistake... Meelo, Ikki, Jinora, Pema, Tenzin, Lin, Sue, Opal, Wei and Wing, Kya and Katara, Sky, Mako, Asami, Bolin, and Korra... As long as they're safe... I don't care... If I die, then I die... I'm doing this alone..." I hear most of it as he mumbles in his sleep.

Asami: "Korra? What's he talking about?" She asks me. I sigh, it's time they knew.

Korra: "He's been haunted by some spirit called Valek. It's made up of all the evil energy he's gotten rid of over the past few years, and of all the evil people he's killed... It shows him things, and one day it's going to choose a vessel and use it to kill him... and myself... I'm guessing he's talking to Gaea about it right now."

Asami: "About how he doesn't want any of us to help... Because he's afraid we'll get hurt..." I nod.

Korra: "He says he's seen me if I try and fight... And it doesn't look good..." Then he jolts awake. I look back and see him sitting there confused for a second or two before he realizes where he is.

Your POV

Valek: "They will all die M/N... And I will make sure she suffers when she does..." I see Korra tied up in front of Amon, but instead of taking her bending, he kneels down in front of her and turns her face to his. I can see the fear in her eyes. Then everything goes black.

I wake up and look around, I see Asami, Bolin, Mako, and Korra all looking at me. Then I feel sick, I walk over to the side of Oogie and begin puking. When I wipe off the side of my mouth though, I see it was blood. Then everything begins to blur and fade away. I can hear everyone's voices calling behind me.

*TIMESKIP*

Bolin POV

We land in Republic City and rush M/N to a hospital. I can see the worry on Korra's face, and frustration on Mako's. It was obvious Korra loved M/N, yet it was also obvious Mako didn't quite know that.

Mako POV

Why is she so worked up over this? He's done this before. So why is she so nervous?

Mako: "Korra?" I say as I walk up to her. "Why are you so nervous? He's had this problem before and he's always been fine afterwards."

Korra: "You don't understand. None of you know what he's been through. I could barely watch it. I couldn't even imagine what it's like to live through it once and then have to keep reliving it."

Mako: "Korra, I know he's had it rough, but you've done a lot for him. He might just need some time alone to think." She glares up at me.

Korra: "Really? You think time alone will help him?" I nod. "He was alone for 5 years! And look what happened to him! He was captured, tortured, experimented on, he had nightmares every night of his entire family being killed in front of him because of him! I don't think leaving him alone would be the best option!" She screams at me.

Mako: "Why!? Why do you feel so obligated to help him?! You've already done so much for him! Why do you need to do anymore!?" She groans and throws her hands up.

Korra: "Because!"

Mako: "Because why!? You've tried to help him Korra! Every time he ends up in the same place! He hasn't gotten any better Korra! He's always just going to be a fighter! He's always going to be a killer! Why do you feel the need to help him so much!"

Korra: "Because He Would Do The Same For Me!"

Korra POV

Mako: "Really? The man lying in a hospital bed right now! The man who always pushes himself to the brink of death and then just leaves you to try and save him!" As he finishes I hear footsteps behind him, he's obviously too frustrated to notice though. Then M/N appears, he's staring between me and him, then turns around and walks away.

Korra: "M/N! M/N wait!" I get up and run after him.

Mako: "See! I told you Korra! He doesn't care! He's just a street fighter!" I look back to Mako... And see M/N standing right behind him.

You: "Shut the fuck up." Mako whips his head around and takes a step back. "Who do you think you are? I'm not going to get mad at you though. I know you've been through a lot too Mako. But don't you ever, and I mean "ever" bring up anything about my past. Do you understand?" He nods and M/N walks by him. Then a nurse comes running out.

Nurse: "Mr. L/N! I'm tired of doing this! Get back in here right now!" M/N looks at me then takes off down the hall with the nurse running after him. "F/N! Get your butt back here right now!" I groan and run off after him. I catch up with the nurse running down the stairs after M/N.

Korra: "What did he do this time?" I ask her.

Nurse: "Well, beside ripping out his IV and chucking it at the doctor, then, well, it seemed like he was attacking anything sharp?" I face palm. "What?" She asks me.

Korra: "Well, you see, M/N, he uh, he has a large fear of needles." She stops dead in her tracks and I run right into her. "Hey! Why'd you just stop?!" She just sits up looking confused.

Nurse: "So, your telling me, that one of the strongest people in the world, and a man with scars like his. Is afraid of a shot?" I shrug and nod. She groans and throws her hands up. "I give up! Why is he so complicated?!" She screams. Then I hear M/N's voice.

You: "Hey, I'm not complicated." I turn to see him floating on the other side of the railing, right, he can firebend again. He looks at the nurse then to me. "Am I?" He asks me.

Korra: "Are you what?"

You: "Am I complicated? I think I'm a pretty simple guy to be honest." He says.

Korra: "Weeeeellll... Don't get mad at me for saying this, but you are kinda complicated. Especially in a relationship." I mutter out the last part. He crosses his arms and squints at me.

You: "What did you say there?"

Korra: "Nothing." He swings his legs over the railing and sits on the stairs next to me.

You: "I'm pretty sure you said something about me in a relationship." He says raising an eyebrow at me.

Korra: "Yes, because you are." He smirks at me.

You: "So, what I'm hearing is...?"

Korra: "You're going to make me say it, aren't you?" He nods, still smirking at me. "Fine! You're a complicated boyfriend alright!?" He sits back, obviously proud of himself. "You're a douche."

You: "Too bad you like this douche then." I send a gust of air at him and send him flying over the railing. "Hey!" he says flying back up. "That wasn't very nice." He says pouting.

Korra: "M/N?"

You: "What?"

Korra: "Shut up." The nurse and him just laugh. It was good to see him acting somewhat normal again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.6K 3.2K 18
- "All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you." - Y/n always searched for an escape as little, always feeling captured by the past. - "...
22.7K 440 39
Your past comes back to haunt you when your idiot brother is arrested, yet again. Somehow unknowingly leaving you under the protection of a cop you c...
47K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...
12.1K 559 24
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...