I'm Here to Help You (Darkipl...

By the_bluepencil

{COMPLETED} This is my first story, so only constructive criticism, please. Also, there's no smut. Sorry not... More

Hey There
Little Nightmares
"Helpless"
Look Who's Purging Now
Excitement
The Reward
Am I?
Impudence
Homicide and Sugar
I'm Sorry
Questions
White Room Torture Bonding
Pandering
Frozen Yogurt Romance
Fear in Black Eyes
Mutual Interest
Return to the Arena
Grays and Blues
Tests
What He Wants
Changes
The Unanswered
Forgotten Answers
Partial Amnesia
Relaxation
Coffee and Bile
The Demon's Vengeance
Nothing Important
Up To Chance
Explanations Owed
Mind Reading
Demon's Subconscious
Remembered Answers
Epilogue: New Arena

The Third Group

5.9K 223 262
By the_bluepencil

After grabbing lunch, I decide to ask Dark a few more questions. We sit on the couch, and I have a sandwich on a a plate sitting in my lap. He stares at me intently, probably already forming his question for me. I eat thoughtfully, choosing my words carefully. Initially, I was planning to ask what I have that means so much to him, but he probably wouldn't tell me. Besides, it doesn't really matter what it is. I'm more concerned about what it will do. How will anything I have help someone like him?

Finally, I finish my sandwich and begin the Q&A: "If – well, more like when – you get what you want from me, what will happen? What are you planning to do?"

Dark seems intrigued by my question. "You're not going to keep asking what it is that I want from you?"

I shake my head. "You wouldn't tell me, anyways. No use in wasting a question."

"And you're certain that I'll get what I want from you?"

I nod. "Whatever it is, it's not like I can stop you from taking it. You have strong influence. If you really tried, you could probably take it right now. I'm assuming you just like messing with me because you know you'll get what you want, in the end."

He seems to accept my response, then answers my question. "It will make me more powerful."

"Aren't there other ways to do that rather than wasting your time with me? I have a pretty dull life – You're probably bored out of your mind half the time while you're here, putting up with an annoying human like me," I reason.

"I had thought the same thing, at first," he says, more to himself. "You'd be surprised how interesting this is, actually." I just nod again, realizing that I'll probably never understand him.

"Alright. It's your turn," I say, dismissing the tangent we had gotten onto.

"Why do you deny the person who I know you are?"

I look to the side, unable to hold his gaze, but I already have an answer.

"I can't be that person, no matter how similar to my 'true self' they are. I'm a good student with a bright future who's never committed a major crime in their life," I say. "Adults find me polite and full of potential, people my age see me as trustworthy, comedic, and charming. I've never opened up and I never planned to."

"You used the past tense," is all Dark says with startling intensity. I stare at him with confusion. "You never 'planned' to open up. Are you planning on opening up now?" I hadn't even really paid attention to what I was saying, I kind of just spoke my mind.

"I don't plan to open up now, either," I reply, shaking my head. He's quiet, but I'm not sure what the silence means. "That's not what I meant to imply." Dark shrugs, but still doesn't respond to my answer.

I sigh, then ask my next question: "What do you think of humans? I just want an outside opinion." The man laughs, but it's much less sinister than ever. It sounds much more honest and pleasant, ironically making me more uncomfortable. It almost sounds forced.

"It seems like a trick question," he replies.

"How so?"

"You hate other human beings, but you wouldn't want me to have a negative view of you. Which opinion do you want? That of yourself or that of others?" Dark smirks. I roll my eyes, annoyed by his assumption.

"If you hate me or think less of me because I'm a human, I don't blame you at all. Honestly, more power to you. I just want to know your real thoughts," I say. "Hate me if you want."

Dark appears mildly shocked, but it's concealed well. He does answer, saying, "I actually have three separate opinions for different variations of humans. I find that nearly all humans are conceited bigots with small minds and smaller thoughts, which are nowhere near interesting. They don't understand anything that simple science can't explain and stick too closely to their morals.

"The second type of humans are the insane ones. They're mildly interesting to observe and mess with, easily unhinged and provoked, but less predictable than average humans. Eventually, their quality wears out when around them for too long."

I nod thoughtfully, agreeing with the assessment so far. "What's the final category?"

He stares at me for a few moments, black eyes boring into me. This time, Dark's eyes don't make me feel a stomach churning sickness. Instead, a heat spreads through my chest, so hot it feels cold. Before I begin to feel dizzy, he blinks and the feeling subsides.

"The final category includes only one person: You." I don't know how to feel about that. My face heats up as he leans closer to add emphasis to his statement. A blank expression crosses my face while I ponder what's so different about me.

Unable to answer this question, I ask, "How would you describe me?"

"I haven't completely decided, yet. I'm still deciphering what's so different about you," is the suited man's reply. "Time for my final question. It's similar to yours, but more specific. What do you think of me?"

I pause, hesitant to answer the question. I haven't decided what I think of him, either. Dark's terrifying, powerful, analytical, cold, and manipulative. But, he can also be humorous, extremely intelligent, understanding, thoughtful... Not to mention that he's always super– I cut off my train of thought, already knowing where I was headed. I was going to think about how he still looks like Markiplier, but I'd prefer he didn't know that I find him unbelievably handsome.

Dark's noticed my heated face now, and begins to toy with me. I struggle to keep my expression and movements neutral. He slides closer to me on the couch, leans forward, and the edges of my vision blur, leaving his face and upper chest the only defined thing in sight. I'm sitting cross- legged so that my legs are on the couch and I'm facing him. I lean back against the couch's arm, trying to add distance between us. Dark closes the gap again, and I no longer have any space to back up. The odd freezing heat returns to my chest, more furious than before. The demon gives a devilish smirk, placing one hand on either side of my body.

He speaks in a low tone, leaving his icy breath on my cheeks. "You didn't finish what you were thinking. What was it? I'd like to know."

Dark's eyes flicker to my lips for an instant, and I immediately realize what he's doing. I squeeze my eyes shut for a moment, then put my forearm on his chest and attempt to push him away. He doesn't budge. That concerns me greatly.

"I thought I told you n-not to read my thoughts," I say with wavering confidence. Dark's smile widens, and we both know that what he's doing is definitely affecting me. I hate it, I'm aware of it, yet I'm still powerless against it. I can't fight back; all I can do is resist.

"I can't help it if you won't tell me anything," he says, voice laced with artificial sweetness. "What if I'm just doing this because I care what you think of me?"

"That's bullshit and we both know it," I retort, frowning but regaining some composure. "You want to know what I think? I think you're a manipulative demon who exploits others and abuses his handsomeness to influence people's actions. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well on me because I'm completely aware of what you're trying to do."

Dark's smile doesn't dim, as I expected. "You think I'm handsome?" he asks as he tilts his head to the side and bringing our faces closer now that our noses won't touch. He's almost kissing me, sending my mind into a panic. Along with the heat, my chest and throat tighten.

"Only because you look like Mark," I say, trying to frustrate him into backing up. My breath bounces off of his face and onto my own because of the proximity. Heart beating faster than ever, my mind scrambles for a way out of this. Fuck, fuck, fucking shit. Oh god why. Please back up. Personal space, personal space, personal space is needed.

"Oh really?" he asks. Dark hasn't broken eye contact and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

"Would you just quit it already, Dark? I know what you're doing and it won't work on me," I state firmly. He chuckles with disbelief but, thankfully, he sits up. I finally allow myself to breathe, taking a deep breath and giving a sigh of relief.

"Alright, we'll see about that," the demon says.

I take the opportunity to escape to my room, face still flushed. When I finally reach my room, I close my door. Though I'm fully aware that this won't prevent anything, it makes me feel mildly safer. I place my cold hands onto my burning cheeks, hoping that the warmth will subside. Deep laughter is barely audible from the living room.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter of "I'm Here to Help You" as much as I enjoyed writing it. Comments and votes are super appreciated. Thanks for reading! ~Blue

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 3.5K 32
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ "AREN'T YOU TEMPTED", PLEASE DO SO. AS THIS WILL MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO YOU WHATSOEVER. You decided to: let him go. Welco...
175K 8.2K 46
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ "AREN'T YOU TEMPTED", PLEASE DO SO. AS THIS WILL MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO YOU WHATSOEVER. You decided to: let him stay. Welc...
1.1K 12 17
BOOK ONE IN THE DEMONS SERIES Check out book two 'Living Demons' FANFICTION WITH WAY TOO MANY CHARACTERS This is basically a really long story [to me...
3.4K 108 21
She was always alone.... she never had friends she barely knew what it was like to love someone.... she was perfect.... but so broken.... lost.... A̱...