More than friends

By Kweenkira

[Rewriting] Highest rank #1 - heartbroken /8/4/2020 "Mia ..I'm sorry.." Chris said as he took a few steps for... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 15
chapter 16

chapter 14

42 2 0
By Kweenkira

"Who...."he stood up,turning to see the person behind.

"Chris,how nice to see you, don't you remember me,it's Sophia" she chanted happily, a wide smile evident on her face.

Of course he remembered,how could he forget her, she was his ex caught cheating with his stepbrother Stefan.

Chris frowned when he heard her name. But before he knew it,she already flung herself into his arms not forgetting to flirt with her embrace.

Mia sat in shock and mere annoyance at Sophia's flirty attitude. She could only remember this same scene before her years ago.

flashback¶ 8 years ago.....west ville high school.

Mia walked grudgingly in the hallway towards her locker. She was fuming with rage and slight worry. Chris hadn't come to pick her up for school this morning. And what annoyed her more was that she was wearing a new dress today to impress him and perhaps change his mind about his absurd confession last night.

He'd confessed to having feelings for a girl for the first time and that girl wasn't Mia,it was Sophia. Mia hadn't slept well last night after hearing that heartbreaking confession, she was hoping maybe he was just bluffing.

She threw her books angrily into her backpack frowning as she did so. Just as she was about to close her locker, she heard whispers from the two girls standing near her locker.

"He's coming,God, he's so hot,he doesn't have a girlfriend right?"

"No,at least not until he asks me,he does have a stalker though,mia,she's always around him,she calls herself his best friend"

"But who cares right? Quick here he comes."

Mia frowned more and contemplated confronting them but instead she shut her locker with force shocking both girls. She looks down the hall and spots Chris jugging in along with some of his friends from the basketball team.

He looks up and catches Mia's gaze,responding with a quick smile. Mia keeps her face straight but she can't help but admire how handsome he looks in his white T-shirt. She feels her heart thump faster as he approaches.

She frowns at herself for feeling so mushy staring at him. She turns abruptly to walk to class to avoid him but he follows her. When she almost finds herself safe and away from him,he catches up to her holding her wrist.

"Hey,I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up, I had something going on,..." He scratches his face thinking.

"Yea ,like what Christopher,you left me standing outside your house like a dummy,why didn't you text or call, do you even know how I came to school?,i walked!" She yelled lowly trying to keep her voice down.  She hasn't passed her drivers test so Chris was her ride for the main time.

She wasn't angry about the walking but still about last night's confessions.

"Yes,I'm really sorry, I promise to call whenever something pops up." He said.

"Whatever,I have English,I have to go" she brushed past him.

"No you don't,classes aren't starting in like 5 minutes, just wait I have something to tell you"

"What is it? Spill"

"So...last night after I told you what I told you,I decided ,I'm gonna ask her out today, not on Friday,what do you think"

Mia felt her heart stop as she heard him ,damn he was really serious about her,she felt broken.

"Um...I don't know,do whatever you like,its your life ,don't ask me" she snapped. She didn't mean it but she was hurt.

"What?,I said I'm sorry,why the hell are you so angry" 

Because I have feelings for you, I love you Chris,' she wanted to say but she wouldn't dare. Just then the bell rung startling them both.

"I have class" she turned away from him.

English class seemed like torture to mia. For once,she didn't listen to anything. She was feeling sorry for snapping at him like that. She needed to apologize.

The next period was Spanish ,she had the same class with both Sophia and Chris. She hurried into the class to her usual seat which was beside Chris' usual seat. She seats down glancing at the door to look out for Chris. She couldn't find him.

She looks round the class only to see Chris already seated beside Sophia. He waves at mia then points to his phone. Mia looks down at the phone on her lap,and sees a text from him. He apologizes first and asks to hang out later at her house. She agrees.

Every five minutes,she finds her eyes staring at them as they giggle and laugh silently, she feels somehow jealous but she hides it.

After school,mia waits up for Chris by the parking lot near his car. She waits for a while before she decides to look for him around. She peers around the lot checking for any signs of him. And she sees him by Sophia's car.

He's hugging her so tight that mia can feel there's no space between them.

She retreats back to Chris' car to avoid him seeing her. She waits impatiently by his car,trying to not be so hurt by what she saw.

"Hey,guess what!" Chris exclaims when he opens his car door.

Mia grudgingly says "what's new?" As she steps into his car. "Sophia's my girlfriend.....she said yes!" He boomed.

She felt her heart stop and  her breathing seize. "Well ,aren't you happy for me,I really like her" he says.

".y-yeah...I'm happy for you...." She says lowly with a fake smile.

Chris then drops her home and promises to come pick her up for their evening hang out but he never shows. She waits for him but he doesn't show.

flashback ends¶

Sophia pulled away all smiley. "Oh my!,you have changed Christoph,definitely hotter and sexier" she said shamelessly emphasising the 'Christoph' as she used to call him back then.

"Well, thanks but you haven't changed one bit,you're still as flirty and brave as ever." He said meaning it as an insult but Sophia took it as a compliment.

"I know I know,so tell me,when did you get back?" She asked staring at his handsome face in awe.

"About,  5 weeks now" he said turning back to look at mia who busied herself with her wine glass.

"And you didn't contact me?, that makes me sad".

"It should" mia mumbled.

"As Much as I could,I didn't come back for you,so there's no need for me to pretend I actually wanted to" he blurted out coldly.

"Anyway,so who did you come back for,"

"Mia" he said audibly.

Sophia glanced behind him to see mia looking shocked at them.

"Really?,oh my manners, I didn't know she was still here?" Sophia pretended to care as she waved at mia. Mia shrugged off her words and focused on what she'd just heard.

"How's your boyfriend Nate,i hope he knows where you are, " 

"That's none of your business Sophia" mia hissed.

"Of course it is,he's my friend and anyone looking at you guys would think you were a couple" she motioned to their table,before looking back at Chris.

"So..Christoph,what do you say we meet again ," she whispered in his ear, rubbing her fingers up and down his gray sleeves.

"We'll see about that, I'll just check with my schedule,"

Mia rolled her eyes at his words.

Sophia collected his phone from the table, easily unlocking it and adding her number to his contacts. "Call me" she bit her lips seductively, winking before walking towards the exit. "See you mia" she added,glaring at mia as she walked seductively past her.

"Well that was,surprising" Chris said as he sat back down.

"Sorta " mia continued to twirl her glass.

"She hasn't changed ,has she?"

"Not much,except the fact that,she's engaged now,so she's like off limits" she hissed,taking a sip of the red wine.

"What?,do you really think I'd go for her a second time" he laughed.

"How am i supposed to know,for all I care ,you'll be meeting her ,and you know she's gonna like  throw herself at you," she said with a straight face.

"You don't know that,maybe she just wants to hang out or I don't know,......but I couldn't care less"

"Whatever,but if you wanna go for it again,just keep me out of it,don't come running back to me" insecurity was slowly kicking in.

"What?!,are you f*king serious,that was like years ago, besides why are you acting so paranoid."

"Me?,I'm the one acting paranoid? When I'm only trying to look out for you, it seems you have forgotten what happened the last time you got involved with her, we slept together, which according to you was such a bad thing that you regretted it,you know what, I regretted it too, and i promise you Chris,It won't happen again, you know why because I love Nate" she didn't mean half of what she said,she knew it and hated herself for it. Love Nate,of course she did but not in a romantic way.

And she never regretted loosing her virginity to him but now she wasn't so sure.

Chris looked at her in shock, he didn't know she still felt such resent and regret towards him and what had happened between them years ago. Hearing her confirm her feelings for Nate made only him edgy.

After she'd finished her long outburst,she realised she had confessed things she didn't mean in the slightest. She was feeling like she'd felt back in highschool when he'd chosen Sophia.

Nate was a good guy but she didn't see herself having a future with him. She suddenly needed to leave his presence. She stood up abruptly,"please,take me home" she said.

He followed her after paying for their meal feeling like he'd ruined her mood. He opened the car door and she slipped in without a word.

The car ride was silent and aggravating. She wanted to tell him she hadn't meant what she said about loving Nate and regretting their little mistake but she figured it wouldn't matter because he still didn't feel anything for her.

He on the other hand wanted to make her understand that he'd never get back together with Sophia and that he was sorry if she still hated him but he held his tongue waiting for the right moment to spill.

He parked the car right outside her apartment building and she hesitantly hopped out of the car. He followed her.

"Should I walk you to the door?,its pretty late you know" he said.

"N-no ,there's no need,you can go,I'll be fine"

"Um,mia,I just wanted you to know that I'd never get back together with her and that I'm really sorry if you're still angry at me for .....you know"

"Its okay,I know you are."

"So um,today was fun,excluding the restaurant part" he tried to lighten the mood.

"Yea, it was,if only she didn't show up"she mumbled  the last part.

"So....good night,serene" he grinned at her.

"Good night Chris" she returned his smile with one of hers, She could never stay mad at him if he called her serene.

Mia then walked into the building heading towards the elevator. She stepped in and chose the floor number.

Seconds later,the elevator  door opened to reveal the hallway to her apartment. She walked out towards her door and got out her keys.

She slipped the key in the key hole and opened the door, flicking the light on after shutting the door. She walked straight to her bedroom taking her clothes off as she walked.

When she was just in her bra and panties,she felt someone behind her. His hand wound up around her waist and pulled her close to his chest ,her back against his front.

Mia panicked and turned with force away from the stranger. She picked up her dress from the floor and held it to her chest. Her heart thumping in fear as she tried to focus on the figure of a man standing inches from her in her dark bedroom.

The only light that illuminated the room was the bedside lamp. "W...w-who are you?" She stuttered slowly moving towards the desk where her phone was.

"It's me baby,its Nate"

Mia let out a breath of relieve but her face soon formed a big frown. "What are you doing in my bedroom Nate"

"The real question should be ,where have you been! "

**I know Christoph doesn't make any sense but oh well..

Mia still has some unspoken words to say to chris right, what do you think about her reaction at the restaurant earlier?

Stay tuned for more updates.
Click on the star button below if you liked it...thanks for reading....

💕Love
   Kira.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 6.7K 49
|| General Fiction || || Romance || Currently Ranked - 06 in lovehaterslationship 02 in wattpadlovestory "Ale..x i did..n't.. do" i stammered, i...
96.7K 1.4K 11
*Completed* *Unedited* *10 chapters available for read* [This is a spin-off of 'A Sacrifice To Remember' but can be read as a stand alone] **** When...
7.9K 477 36
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
20.7K 1.9K 16
#150 in short story "Mariana, please for crying out loud, stop this game. They both don't deserve this," I said while walking toward her. "They would...