Love Isn't the Only Thing Tha...

By MilitaryBound03

Axel Lancaster was a mostly normal child, but when his brother gets shot and killed. When his mother, Caroli... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Annoying Author's Note
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
More Chapters!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
A Wittle Break 😅
Axel Lancaster
Colored Axel Lancaster
Dedrick Hund - Teacher Wear
Possible Editing?
UPDATES ONLY 3 WEEKS AWAY!!
LAST DAY OF CONTEST!
VOTE HERE
Chapter 32
Cover Winner!!
Chapter 33
I Return
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Hi!

Chapter 1

19.9K 680 119
By MilitaryBound03

Axel's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I open my eyes only to be met with darkness. I look over at the damned alarm clock, pressing the off switch with begrudging hate.

I lay there for a second, not wanting to accept that I have school in about two hours.

After a couple of seconds, I get up and fling the soft blanket of my body. I shiver whenever my feet hit the floor, wrapping my arms around myself, I walk to my closet. Might I add without bumping into something, that took a lot of practice?

Opening the sliding doors, I reach in and feel the material. I just wanted something simple today. Mom says I usually wear black clothing, and it takes up most of my closet, so I usually don't have a problem matching things together.

I pick out what feels to be a cotton shirt and some joggers, mom will check my outfit before I leave.

Walking into my bathroom, I start to brush my teeth and try to make my hair look a little better. I don't really remember what I look like, I do know that I have wavy hair though, and it can and most likely will get messed up. I put on my chosen close and walk back to my closet to get a pair of socks and my Nike slides.

I open the door and exit my room, not forgetting my sunglasses or my walking stick, shoving them into my pocket, and walking to the kitchen, feeling the walls as I go.

I hear mom cooking, I sniff, bacon maybe, or sausage.

"Good morning, Mom." I greet, walking behind her and kiss her cheek. I feel her jump and laugh.

"Axel Cole! You scared the bejesus out of me!"

"I'm sorry." I chuckle softly.

"It's fine!" She sighs, "Good morning to you too. Good outfit by the way."

I mumble and thanks and retreat to a barstool to sit down and wait until she was finished.

I hear her put items on plates, along with her light footsteps walking over to me, she puts the plate and a cup down. Picking up my hand, she points out the fork, the cup, and where everything is arranged on my plate. I really try not to lash out at her for that, I know she wants to help, but I'm not completely useless, I can figure out where everything is myself. I bite my cheek inhabit to keep from saying anything.

"Thank you," I say stiffly.

"You're welcome, Sweetheart."

I hear a whine and look in the sound's original direction.

"Come, Titan." I pat my thigh, calling my german shepherd over. He's my seeing eye dog. Titan's more of a pet than so, he often brings me unwanted attention. I only bring him out if I'm going to town, or places I'm not too familiar with. I don't bring him to school though, not like he would have a problem with it though.

Titan rests his head where I patted my thigh, no doubt looking up at me with his supposed brown eyes.

"Here ya go, buddy." I hand him a piece of bacon that was left over on my plate. "Easy." I cooed, handing it to him, I barely feel his receive it, but I do hear his jaws smacking, smiling, I pat his head.

"I'd hate to ruin the moment, but Axel, if you wanna go to school, I'd recommend going now."

"Oh crap! I totally forgot!" I quickly hop up after giving Titan one last pat on the head. "Thanks, Mom." I meet her at the door, she hands me my bookbag, and I lean in to kiss her a kiss on the cheek. "I'll smell ya later!" She laughs before calling me a dummy and closes the door.

Once I get about halfway up the drive, I pull out my stick from my pocket and extend it to feel around. We lived in a nice neighborhood, it's not really far away, maybe about a mile and a half. I walk every morning and evening, much to my Mom's disliking.

"Off to hell, I go."

End of Chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 98 36
With his parents, he was a special boy with golden eyes; with his uncle, he's the weird kid with a genetic disorder. With his friend, he had a unique...
125K 4.6K 14
Reuben was overweight in middle school, but went to a fat camp and boarding school for two years. Reuben was bullied and teased most of his life, be...
186K 5K 9
Tyler with a. Rough past gets adopted by a new mom, his brother is over protective and they soon get feelings for one another, the feelings they shou...
24.4K 706 30
Liam has had it rough all his life. A father with a new family who wants nothing to do with him. A drug addicted mother with an abusive boyfriend. A...