Double Trouble

By _482smile_

Lexi and John are finally parents. They have two beautiful babies, Amberley and Bryce, to take care of. Life... More

Prologue
Flashback (Part 1)
Flashback (Part 2)
Lies
Family Discussion
Hard Times
4 Month Check-Up
A Trip To E.R.
And Austin Makes 3
Nothing Is Always Something
"Welcome Back"
The Painful Truth
Old Friends (Part 1)
Old Friends (Part 2)
Old Friends (Part 3)
No More (Part 1)
UPDATE-Reason As To Why I Haven't Been Writing, and Announcement...
Another update...
I'm Publishing!
New Book Link!!

Interruptions

30.9K 593 127
By _482smile_

“Lexi can you come to the twin’s room please?” John yelled down the hallway.

“Just a second. I’m busy.”

Every time I would try to do my schoolwork, John would interrupt me because something would happen with the twins that he couldn’t handle himself so I would have to come help him.

I walked into the room. “What John?”

“Come here,” he motioned toward the cribs.

I looked down and saw both of the twins with nothing on but a diaper.

“John you have to put some clothes on them. They’ll freeze.”

“That’s the problem.”

“Don’t tell me you forgot to do laundry again.”

“No, I did all of the laundry yesterday. I even did your parent’s,” he said with a big grin on his face.

“Ok, then what’s the problem?”

“I kind of forgot something else.”

“Like what?”

“I kind of forgot,” he paused, “which baby is Amberley and which baby is Bryce.”

I looked at him, stunned by what he just said. “Are you kidding me John?” I started laughing, “Amberley is a girl. Bryce is a boy.”

“Yeah, I know that. But which one is which?”

“You know, I love you and all, but sometimes, you need to think just a little bit more.”

“Come on Lexi. Stop joking around. I’m being serious here.”

“Fine. We have twins. One boy and one girl. All you have to do is look inside the diaper,” I patted him on the back.

He looked at me with a blank stare. “I’m such an idiot.”

I just smiled and walked back to my room.

I started working on my schoolwork again, hoping that I could get it done before dinner, but not 5 minutes after I left the twin’s room, John yelled for me again.

“Lexi?” He said in a pleading voice.

I groaned at him as I walked to their room.

“What now? I’m trying to do schoolwork. It would be nice if you could figure things out on your own for once.”

“I’m sorry. I just don’t know how to put this dress on Amberley and how to put the overalls on Bryce,” he stuck his bottom lip out, as if pouting. 

I looked at him suspiciously. “Are you just trying to get out of work? You know, the next thing you’re going to ask me is to feed them for you. And guess what? I’m not going to.”

He smiled at me. “Yes you are.”

“What?” I growled.

“You have to feed the babies. Remember?”

I lightened up my mood. “Right.”

After Amberley and Bryce were born, I talked with Brandi, Milly, and my mom about whether I should breastfeed or use formula, and we all decided that it would be better for the twins if I breastfed because it has more nutrients and helps keep them healthy better than formula does. 

“Back to the clothes. How do I put them on?”

“They’re basically the same. They just crisscross in the back and make an x.”

“Ok, that helps. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. Now please don’t call for me again.”

“I won’t.”

“Thank you.”

As I was walking back to my room, the doorbell rang.

“Lexi, can you please get that,” mom yelled from the kitchen, “I’m in the middle of cooking dinner right now.”

“Sure mom,” I yelled back. “I might as well, I’ve been doing everything else today,” I mumbled under my breath.

I walked down the stairs slowly, hoping that it would make whoever was at the door go away. I wasn’t really in the mood for company.

I opened the door expecting one of my mom’s friends. I was way off.

“Ronnie? Oh my gosh! I haven’t seen you in forever. How are you? Come in.”

He laughed, probably at my babbling.

“Hi Lexi.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I hadn’t seen you in a while so I thought I’d stop by,” he paused, “You look… less pregnant.”

“Yeah, I had the twins 3 months ago. Would you like to meet them? They’re upstairs in their room with John.”

“Yeah, that’d be great. What are their names?”

“Amberley and Bryce.”

“Cool names.”

“Thanks. It was the only ones we could agree on.”

We walked upstairs to the twin’s room. When we got in, John was still trying to figure out how to put the dress on Amberley. He had, however, managed to correctly put the overalls on Bryce.

“We have a visitor John.”

He turned around, “Oh, Ronnie, hi.” He didn’t seem to happy to see Ronnie.

“Hi.”

“He wanted to see the twins,” I said.

“Oh, well, here’s Bryce. I can’t really seem to figure this dress out though, so it would be wonderful if you could do it for me Lexi.”

“Just this once. And that’s only because this dress is outsmarting you.”

“I don’t think she really loves me,” John whispered to Ronnie.

Ronnie just laughed.

“Do you want to hold one of them Ronnie?” I asked.

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Well, one, I don’t do too well with babies. They always cry when I hold them. And two, my mom is out in the car waiting for me. I told her I was just going to stop in and say hi then come back out so I should probably go.”

“Oh, ok. I’ll walk you down.”

When we got to the front door, we hugged.

“It was really nice seeing you,” I said.

“Yeah, you too. We need to hang out more often. I miss seeing you and being able to have a real conversation with someone.”

“Yeah, we’ll have to do that sometime. You can call me or text me whenever. I might not reply right away but I will eventually get back to you.”

“I will. Bye Lexi.”

“Bye Ronnie.”

I walked back upstairs to my room, sat down, and picked up my pencil ready to do my schoolwork.

“John, Lexi,” mom yelled, “Dinner is ready.”

At that point, I was sure that I was never going to get my schoolwork done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 224 15
I didn't mean to do it. I repeated that in my head over and over again. All the way down the stairs and into the living. I kept repeating it as I sat...
85.9K 1.9K 10
If you’ve ever felt that little kick inside you, experienced the nerve-wracking and enchanting moment of childbirth, wiped spit-up off your shirt in...
49.8K 1.6K 27
Don't hate please, I wrote this a while ago and I'm a little better at writing now. Think before you act. Emily is a good girl but one day at a party...
8.7M 239K 53
Raelynn is smart and beautiful, but she hides behind her huge frames, ponytail, baggy clothes and high school status of being a nerd, because she hat...