Vapor [LASHTON AU]

By wickedwhing

"Cause I just need another hit You're the thing that I can't quit" -Vapor Luke and his best friend, Calum mov... More

Details and Warning:
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
ANNOUNCEMENT
18.1
18.2
19
20
21
22
23.1
23.2
23.3
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44 - The Final Chapter
ANNOUNCEMENT

13

4.9K 119 147
By wickedwhing

hello. i know i have been saying this like everytime i upload an update of my book, but really, thank you all so much for giving time to read 'Vapor'. everytime i see my reads are increasing, you have no idea how much it makes me happy especially since i man just starting with this whole writing a fanfic thing. so thank you thank you thank you. all the love. 💕

And also! HAPPY 6 YEARS 5SOS!!! YOU HAVE COME SO FAR! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU BOYS! ❤

---

"So," Michael said as he slumped down on the couch in between me and Ashton, hugging the bowl of popcorn as we're watching a movie, "hallooween is in a few days and Josh and Tyler will be throwing a huge Halloween party and we are all invited."

The four of us are in Michael and Ashton's apartment. It is Saturday morning and Michael invited both me and Calum over to hang out.

"Are we gonna dress up too?" Calum asked from the other side of me on the couch.

"Yes, buddy. It's Halloween," Michael replied with a shrug.

"Luke?" I heard Ashton say from the end of the couch.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow and before either of us can say anything, Michael exclaimed, "Holyshit, Luke! I'm sorry!"

I gave Michael a confused expression, "Sorry for what?"

"Well you know...I forgot you don't like parties because of the whole Andrew stuff." Michael said.

"No, it's fine," I told Michael with a smile, "To be honest, I think I wanna go to that party because it's a Halloween party and I love halloween and we get to dress up."

"Are you sure?" Calum asked with concern.

"Yeah, I am. Well, I can't stay away from parties forever right? And if it's Josh and Tyler's party then I am pretty sure Andrew won't be anywhere near there. So yeah, I know I'll be fine."

"Ok, that's great!" Michael said with a smile. "So, who are we gonna be?"

"Damn. I have no idea who I'm gonna be this Halloween," Calum muttered.

"Me too," I agreed with Calum.

"I know who I'm gonna be," Ashton said, taking a sip of his beer.

"Who?" Michael asked him.

Ashton looked at him and said, "Myself. I ain't dressing up."

"You're such a kill joy," Michael told him with an eyeroll.

"Well I didn't say you do the same," Ashton shot back.

"Come on, man. Just this year?" Michael urged.

"Not gonna happen."

"You used to love halloween."

"People change."

"Yeah, you did. A lot." Michael muttered but we all heard and an awkward silence took over.

Calum slumped down in his seat, hugging a throw pillow while Michael just turned hus attention on the movie playing and occupied himself with the popcorn.

I subtly glanced on Ashton who also just focused his attention to the movie. I let out a huff then said, trying to ease the whole awkward situation, "You know, this movie is kinda boring. Why don't we all go out? I mean it's still around 10AM so maybe we can head out for lunch or something?"

Michael turned to look at me with a wide grin on his face and said, "I just have the perfect idea."

"Ok...what is it?" I asked him.

Calum also leaned over to listen to what Michael has to say.

"Let's go to the beach!" Michael announced, beaming.

"I am in!" Calum said with a grin.

I looked at him and he gave me a hopeful look so I said, turning back to Michael, "Well I'm ok with it. How about you, Ash?"

Ashton looked at me and gave me a shrug.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked him.

He sighed, "If you all want to go, then we go."

Michael turned to him and asked, "You sure?"

"Yes, Michael. I am sure." Ashton responded.

Michael turned back to me and beamed, saying, "Great. So uh...my parents actually own a beach house which is just a 40-minute drive from here. I have access to it and we can stay there the whole weekend if you like?"

"Really?!" Calum asked in amazement.

"Yeah," Michael nodded.

"Will it be ok with you if we stay there?" I asked Michael.

"Well, yeah...I won't offer it if not," Michael chuckled.

I huffed with a smile, "Well then, that's great! Guess we should go pack some stuff and then head off to the beach."

"Wait. Who's car are we gonna bring?" Calum asked.

"Let's just bring both just in case," Michael said. "Luke you go with Ashton and I will go with Calum since none of you two knows the way."

I looked at Ashton and saw him already looking at me with a smirk on his lips. I playfully rolled my eyes at him. I turned to Calum and said, "Come on, let's go pack so we can head to the beach."

Calum nodded and quickly stood up. I followed and we both headed towards the door.

"So whoever finishes packing first should text the other?" I asked Michael and Ashton.

"Ok, sure," Michael said as both him and Ashton also got up from the couch. But then he called, stopping me from stepping out of the door and making me look back at him, "I don't have your number, so I guess I should just text Calum?"

"Ashton has my number. But you can just text Cal too," I told Michael with a smile then followed Calum out the door and back to our own apartment.

"Oh, so you and Ashton have exchanged numbers huh?" Calum said in a teasing tone.

"Yeah...why?" I said, acting like it's just nothing.

"Well just never really thought tht you would," Calum said with a smile as we stepped inside our apartment.

"He's actually really nice, Cal," I told him. "Yeah he can be pretty intimidating but he is nice."

Calum just nodded and went into his room.

I sighed and went to mine. I really can't quite understand what is between Ashton and Calum. Even if we have been hanging out already - Ashton, Michael, Calum, and me - the two of them still avoid each other. They don't talk to each other unless they really have to and they always have this tension or gap between them.

I pushed the thoughts away and started packing. I pulled out my backpack from the closet and began stacking a few clothes in them as well as the essentials like my hygiene stuff.

Just when I got done after grabbing my toothbrush from the bathroom, my phone buzzed from the nightstand. It was a text from both Michael and Ashton. I opened Michael's text first.

Michael: Hey, Luke. It's Michael. We just finished packing so maybe let's just meet outside by the car?

I went in to type a quick reply.

Me: Sure, Mikey. We'll be down in a minute.

After sending my reply to Michael, I went to open Ashton's text.

Ashton: Baby, we're waiting outside.

Me: Ok, Ash.

Calum then entered my room with a backpack hanging on one of his shoulders. He smiled at me and said, "Did you get a text from Mike?"

"Yeah, I did." I responded as I zipped up my bag and grabbed my wallet from the top of the dresser.

"Ok, let's go," Calum said as he headed out of my room. I followed him out and as we reached the door, my phone buzzed again with a text from Ashton. I opened the message and resisted an eye roll when reading it.

Ashton: Don't take too long.

Me: Bossy much? Calm your dick. We're on our way.

I sent in the reply. Almost immediately I received a response from him.

Ashton: Oh, it is calm. For now. But I don't know for later though...

My eyes widened when reading the text and I immediately locked my phone and pushed it inside my pocket, not bothering to respond.

Calum and I stepped inside the elevator and it was just a quick ride down to the groud floor. We headed straight outside the building and saw Michael and Ashton talking while leaning against the side of Ashton's car and both having sunglasses on. It is a rather bright and a hot day.

"Fuck, I forgot my sunglasses," I said as Calum and I stopped in front of the other two boys.

Ashton, without hesitation, took off his sunglasses and handed them to me.

I looked at the sunglasses on his hand and then looked at him in the eye and said, "Aren't you gonna need one too?"

"I got another one inside the car. So just use this," He said.

"Oh. Ok," I said as I took the pair of sunglasses in his hand akd put it on.

"Looks better on you, anyway," He said with a small smile.

"T-thanks," I muttered, looking down to hide the blush that crept up on my cheeks.

"Ok," Michael said, making me look up. He glanced between me and Ashton then looked at Calum who was just staring at the ground. Michael smiled then said, making Calum look up, "So, Cal, let's go?"

"Oh yeah. Sure. Maybe you should drive though, since you are the one who knows where we're going." Calum stated, handing Michael his car keys.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Michael replied with a smile as he took the keys from Calum's hand. He then turned to Ashton and me then said, "So just see you there?"

"Wait. Who's gonna pick up Niall?" Ashton asked, making me look at him in surprise.

"Niall's coming with us too?" I asked.

"Yeah, Mike invited him along." Ashton answered.

"Thought the guy also needed sometime to relax," Michael said.

I nodded with a chuckle, "Yeah, he does."

"You go pick him up. Luke and I will get the food." Ashton told Michael.

Michael nodded his 'yes' and with one last wave, he turn away and followed Calum into his car.

Ashton and I got inside his car and I tossed my backpack into the backseat. I settled myseld comfortable in my seat and then fastened up my seatbelt. Ashton started the car and we pulled out of the parking space.

"Goodthing you also invited Niall," I said to Ashton.

"Well it was Michael. He said that it has been a while that we hung out with Niall." Ashton responded, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Is it ok with you?"

This time he glanced at me with a small smile then back to the road and said, "Well, actually, yeah. Besides it's not like I'm not friends with him. Have known the guy for years, so..."

"Yeah...he did kinda mention that to me." I said.

"He did?" Ashton asked.

I nodded with a smile.

"Did he say anything else?" Ashton then asked with a hard tone.

I turned to look at him, a bit surprised at the tone of his voice. He was focused on the road but even his side profile shows his hard expression. I already know what he meant about what he asked. Not wanting him to lash out on Niall, I decided to keep some of the truth to myself and I said, "No, I don't think so. You knew each other since high school was all he said."

Ashton exhaled then nodded but didn't say anything and just continued to drive. It all went silent after. I leaned back in my seat and turned my attention outside the window.

I felt a hand on my thigh, making me turn back my attention to Ashton. He glanced at me then back to the road and said, "You ok, baby?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I responded with a smile as I put my hand over his.

He gave my thigh a gentle squeeze, "Ok, so where should we stop by? At the supermarket or just in some 7/11 or something along the way?"

"Well, it's better to stop by at the supermarket, I guess. We got a lot more options," I told Ashton with a grin.

Ashton chuckled then flippe his hand over, intertwining both our hands together and said, "Then supermarket, it is."

Just a few minutes after, we reached the supermarket. It was the same one where I first met Harry amd Louis. As soon as Ashton parked the car, we both stepped out of the vehicle and headed inside the building.

I grabbed a cart and pushed it in front of me as we headed straight into the shelves of chips and other kinds of junk foods. Hey, we're still young.

Ashton took the cart from, saying, "I'll take this one and you go pick what we need."

I nodded and then started stacking chips into the cart. I also grabbed bottles of sodas. We went around the supermarket and put everything that we thought we need in the cart.

As soon as we had everything we need, we headed for check out and Ashton paid for everything despite my insistting of letting me pay even just half of it.

We tossed everything into the backseat and drove off to the beach house owned by Michael's parents.

Calum's car was already parked in the driveway when we got there. The house is really beautiful though. It was a two-storey house and it's painted in white with dark brown rims. Glass windows with dark brown wooden window sills and a huge dark brown wooden door complements the design. The entrance front of the house is facing us. There was a small lawn area with a marble-like pathway towards the porch. A few steps to the wooden door. A huge glass window was on the side with its brown wooden window sills. There was also another pathway at the side of the house which leads to a small gate that probably is an access to the back patio. Smaller glass windows, maybe from the bedroom upstairs also adorns the upper part of the house. The side of the deck above can also be seen from where I am standing. The whole property is enclosed by a white concrete wall.

I looked up at it in awe as I stepped out of the car. I heard Ashton chuckle so I looked at him and saw him making his way towards me, hands full all of the stuff we bought from the supermarket.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He said.

"It really is," I breathed out as I took in the image of the house.

"Come on, let's get inside," Ashton saud gesturing for me to follow him.

I took off Ashton's sunnies and hooked it on my shirt and I followed him inside the house. He already knows his way around. Well, he's Michael's best friend so he obviously has been here a lot of times already.

We walked through a small hallway which led into the living room and wow, how spacious it is. The furnitures a mostly in shades of white and brown which compelements the whole motif of the design of the house.

The wall facing the side lawn of the house was glass with sliding glass doors which gives quick access to the grass lawn outside.

"Mike?" Ashton called out, trying to know where the other boys are.

"Kitchen!" Michael's voice boomed.

Ashton gestured for me to follow him. We walked through a short hallway that led through a staircase, apparently leading upstairs but then we turned right before we could reach the stairs into and entrance leading to the kitchen and dining area.

The area was neat and spacious. A gray marble kitchen island graces in the middle of the kitchen. The glass dining table was in the middle of the dining area. A glass wall with sliding doors covers the side that faces the pool area. The huge pool outside is on clear view with the pool benches lined on the side. Couches and tables are placed just right outside the glass wall. The part that was covered by the upper floor.

Michael, Calum, and Niall were there, talking about god knows what, as they all were laughing. Calum is leaning against the kitchen island while Michael is sitting on it and Niall sitting on one of the barstools.

Ashton placed all the plastic bags in his hands on the counter next to Michael.

Michael immediately went through a bag and grinned when he saw the Dorito's. He took one bag and opened it right away and began eating with a huge grin on his face. I chuckled at the sight.

"Hey, we called dibs on the bedroom with 3 beds," Niall announced as he took some Dorito's from Michael.

"So you two are gonna share a room together," Mihael added before Ashton and I could say something.

Ashton and I glanced at each other with subtle smirks on our faces.

I cleared my throat then asked Michael, "How many rooms do you have anyway?"

"There are supposed to be three. Two upstairs and one down here. But my dad turned the bedroom here into his study when we lived in this house for sometime and I guess he forgot to turn it back into a guest room. So there are only two bedrooms now." Michael explained.

"And since both Mike and I don't like sleeping with someone else on the same bed, we took advantage of the fact that you aren't here yet and claimed the room with three beds." Niall said with a proud smile. "And also, I claimed Calum first to be our 3rd roommate because firstly, he's already here and secondly, I don't wanna share a room with Ashton."

Ashton crossed his arm on his chest with a raised eyebrow as he looked at Niall, "Why is that?"

Niall shrugged at him then said, "I don't like you. You're mean."

Ashton just chuckled, shaking his head. His reaction made Michael and even Niall look at him in a weird way.

"So, Cal, you don't have anything to say?" I asked Calum.

Calum shrugged, "Niall said it all. I am already claimed by him."

I playfully rolled my eyes at him then turned to Michael when he said, "You both are gonna stay on the master's bedroom and you are gonna share the same bed."

Ashton and I glanced at each again with knowing looks. Well, staying in the same room and sleeping on the same bed is not new for us. It is even very much favourable for us.

"Well, I'm sure they're both fine with it." Niall said, looking at both of us with a smirk on his face.

Ashton rolled his eyes then said, "I'll go get our stuff from the car."

"I'll go with you," I said as I followed Ashton out of the house back to his car.

He opened the backseat door and grabbed both of our bags. He closed the door and turned to me with a smirk but not making a move of handing the bags to me. I raised up an eyebrow at him.

He chuckled then said, "So, we are stuck with each other this weekend, huh?"

"Well, obviously, I am. How unfortunate we are, aren't we?" I said, voice full of sarcasm and with a smirk playing on my lips.

"I guess my dick won't be calm tonight." Ashton said with a wink as he walked passed me.

I laughed at what he said then followed him.

"You know what, just let me help you with those bags." I told him.

"I got it, baby," He responded before he entered back inside the house.

He headed straight towards the staircase and I'm not really sure if I should follow him or not. But I wanna see the room where we're staying so I did follow him up the stairs into the door on the left.

I looked around as I stepped inside the bedroom and closed tue door behind me. It's really beautiful and spacious. It faces the ocean which makes it ten times more amazing. The wall facing the ocean is glass with a double sliding glass door that leads into a balcony which is adjacent to the deck on the side of the floor. A door is in a corner in which I assume is the bathroom.

A queen size bed with white sheets is at the center of the room. Nightstands with lamps are on each side of the bed. Across the bed was a big screen TV hanging against the wall and a cabinet underneath it. Across the glass window was a huge closet.

Before I could actually comprehend everything, I was already pushed against the closed door and a pair of familiar lips are on my neck kissing and gently sucking, careful enough not to leave any mark. A pair of large hands are also gently gripping my hips.

I chuckled and then lifted my own arms and had one circle around Ashton's shoulder while I had my other hand tangle though his hair.

I felt Ashton's lips trace kisses from my neck up to my jaw and stopped just right at the corner of my lips. Then he looked up at me with a soft expression and a fond smile on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him, not being able to resist the smile sliding into my face.

Ashton shrugged, "You're just really beautiful."

I narrowed my eyes at Ashton as I felt my blood creep up into my cheeks. Ashton chuckled at the sight of me all flushed.

"You're adorable." He said in a soft voice before giving me a peck on the lips.

"Making me blush all the damn time is your life goal, isn't it?" I said.

Ashton just smiled and gave me another peck on the lips.

"I really hate you," I told him.

Ashton chuckled, "You don't."

I playfully rolled my eyes at him then I shook my head as looked at him and said, "I don't." I then had both of my hands and cupped his face and leaned down to capture his lips in a kiss which he quickly responded.

I felt Ashton smile against my lips and so I pressed and moved my lips more against his and I tilted my head to the side so I can kiss him deeper. I let my tongue lick his upper lip to ask for an entrance which I was right then granted.

As our tongues met and wrestled with each other, Ashton pressed his whole body against mine. I circled both of my arms around his shoulders to even pull him impossibly closer.

I felt him lick the roof of my mouth and I couldn't help the moan that escaped from my lips, directly into Ashton's mouth.

Ashton responded with a groan as he slipped his hands inside my shirt and caressed the skin on my side. His palms felt so warm against my skin and I love the soothing feeling that it gives me.

We both explored each other's mouth, not missing any part. We tasted each other as our tongues continued their battle for dominance which obviously have Ashton win over.

I was then the one who first pulled away to catch my breath. A string of saliva hangs between our lips. Ashton licked it up with the tip of his tongue sliding across my lips.

"Fuck," Ashton breathed out. "Been wanting to kiss you since you stepped inside the apartment this morning."

I hummed in agreement before I leaned in a again but not for another kiss but to take his bottim lip in between my teeth. I started sucking on it, earning a low moan from Ashton. He gave my hips a gentle squeeze, making me tangle a hand into his hair and tugged a bit, and sucking more of his lip.

When I finally let go of his lip, I pulled my head back to look down at Ashton. His eyes are still closed and his lip is so red and swollen, making a smirk slide into my lips, knowing I was responsible for it. But I am pretty sure as well that my lips are swollen too.

When he opened his eyes, my breath was caught in my throat as to how beautiful and colorful they were. Maybe also it was because of the lighting in the room. The sun is so bright outside and with the glass wall, the whole room is just so bright. It makes Ashton's eyes shine.

Ashton smiled softly up at me. I returned the gesture then gave him a peck on the lips. I felt his hands gently ran up and down my sides as I played with his hair, both of us just staring at each other.

Ashton was about to say something when we heard Michael's voice calling from downstairs, "Ashton! Luke! Get your asses down here! We're hungry and Ashton is in charge with the barbecue!"

Ashton rolled his eyes, "Why does he have to be always hungry?"

I chuckled then said with a shrug, "Well, I'm kinda hungry too."

"Well, you are always hungry too."

"Especially when you are the one who's cooking."

"Ashton! Luke! What are you doing up there?! Come down here!" Michael called again.

"Coming, Michael!" Ashton shouted back.

He gave one last peck on the lips before he completely pulled away from me. Before we headed out of the room, Ashton changed his t-shirt shirt with his black wife beater. Damn. Look at those arms and those muscles. Fuck.

He gestured for me to head out of the room and I followed him out.

"Hair," I told him as we headed towards the stairs.

Ashton chuckled then quickly pulled his hair up into a manbun.

As we got back downstairs to the kitchen, the stuff Ashton and I bought from the supermarket are out of the counter already. The stuff needed for the barbecue are placed the instead.

"What were you doing up there?" Michael asked us.

"I was showing Luke around the deck." Ashton responded nonchalantly.

"I don't buy it," I suddenly heard Niall whisper next to me.

I turned my head to look at him and raised a questioning eyebrow. Niall chuckled then leaned towards my ear and whispered, "You were making out."

"What? No." I quickly whispered back with a 'what are yoy talking about' look on my face.

"Yeah. Tell that to your swollen lips," Niall whispered with a smirk.

I should try to deny it but what's the point? Niall knows about me and Ashton anyway and I know he won't tell. So I just chuckled at him as I shook my head and Niall just gave me a smile as well.

"Niall, prepare the grill," Ashton ordered, making both me and Niall look at him. His usual angry expression covers his face.

Niall nodded at him then headed towards the glass doors leading to the pool area outside. Ashton then turned to me and said, well more like ordered, "You. You're staying here and help me prepare all the food."

"Aye, sir." I responded.

Ashton then turned to Calum and said, his tone, less demanding, "Calum, could you maybe go with Niall? Just to make sure he doesn't play with fire and burn down the whole place."

Calum raised an eyebrow at what Ashton just said with an amused smile on his face. Ashton shrugged. Then Michael said, "He tends to do stupid shit."

Calum laughed, shaking his head, "Damn. I should really make sure he doesn't do stupid shit." Then he followed Niall out the back.

I went over to Ashton who is now standing by the kitchen island and began with preparing the food.

"I'm just gonna go get something from upstairs," Michael said and before either of Ashton and I can respond, he was already dashing up the stairs.

I looked at Ashton and gave him a smile.

"You gonna help me or what?" Ashton asked with a raised eyebrow but the softness in his tone is clear.

"Why are you so bossy?" I responded as I took a seat on a barstool.

Ashton chuckled, "I'm not being bossy."

"You are always bossy." I told him.

Ashton just shook his head with a smile.

"Hey, Ash! Look what I found!" Michael's voice boomed into the kitchen, making both me and Ashton to turn around and look at him.

A wide grin was on his face as he showed us what he was holding.

"Is that my...?" Ashton asked, with a surprised look on his face.

"Your camera, yes!" Michael beamed.

I looked at Ashton with a raised eyebrow. He just gave me a small smile and went over to Michael and took the camera from him and went to check it.

"I thought I lost this one," Ashton muttered but both me and Michael heard.

I watched as how Ashton was carefully holding and checking the camera in his hands, the look on his face was a mixture of surprise and relief with a little hint of joy.

A huge smile was plastered on Michael's face as he watched Ashton. It's as if Michael himself is also relieved and happy. I just don't understand though, because it's just a camera.

Ashton then looked up at Michael, a wide, dimply smile appearing on his face. Then to both mine and Michael's surprise, Ashton pulled Michael into a hug and said, "Thanks for this, Mike."

Michael was stunned and wasn't able to react right away. But as soon as he recovered, he put his arms around Ashton and chuckled as he said, "W-well, I haven't really done anything, I just found it, but yeah...you're welcome."

Ashton pulled away from him with a smile and said, patting Michael's shoulder, "You're the best, Mike."

Michael's eyes widened in both shock and happiness. He then chuckled and said to Ashton, "Don't get me wrong, ok? But are you high?"

"What?" Ashton laughed.

"Oh my god, you are high!" Michael exclaimed.

"What? No! You know I don't do that anymore." Ashton told Michael with a chuckle.

"But...but why are you like this? Oh wait...even when you are high, you're not like this," Michael stated.

"Like what, Mike?" Ashton asked with a raised eyebrow and an amused expression.

"This," Michael said, flinging his arms in front of him towards Ashton, gesturing from his head to his feet. "You're not...you know...someone who's always like you're going to kill...someone."

Ashton laughed again, making Michael more shocked. Then Ashton said to Michael, "I'm just happy that you found my camera."

"Happy, huh? Ok..." Michael smiled.

Ashton playfully rolled his eyes then went back to the kitchen island and carefully placed the camera on the counter.

"You know what? Why don't you just help me and Luke?" Ashton asked Michael.

"Oh! I forgot my phone upstairs!" Michael exclaimed.

"That is the lamest excuse, Clifford," Ashton commented.

Michael just grinned then ran back upstairs.

I chuckled then looked at Ashton and said, "So, you got a thing for photography or something?"

Ashton smiled then began preparing the pork for barbecue and said, "I had a habit of taking photos."

"Really? That's a shocker. I have never seen you take photos of anything." I told him as I leaned my elbow on the counter.

Ashton smirked but kept his attention on what he was doing then said, "You were just not aware."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "So what? It's like a secret thing? You only do that when we're not together or something like that?"

"Oh, no...I actually do it all the time when I'm with you."

I looked at him in confusion because never have I seen him bring a camera or take photos with his phone of anything when we're together and we are, most of the times, together. "But...I haven't seen you..." I trailed off.

Ashton turned to look at me with a huge smirk on his face. I looked back at him with furrowed eyebrows and then my eyes widened in realization when I figured out what he meant.

Ashton chuckled and went back into preparing the barbecue.

"But...what did you use? I mean, I don't see you with a camera until now. Well, I don't even see any camera in your room." I told him in pure confusion.

Ashton laughed, "Did you forget that I have a phone? I don't need an actual camera to take pictures of you, baby."

"So you have stolen pictures of me on your phone?"

"Yeah. A lot of them."

"Wow. Obsessed much?"

"Never said I wasn't."

I playfully rolled my eyes at him then an idea occured to me and before Ashton could react, I picked up the camera and climbed up the counter, turning it on.

Ashton looked up at me with a surprised, gaping expression on his face.

"What are you doing? Get down. You might fall." Ashton said.

I rolled my eyes, "Really, Ashton? I would fall? What am I? A three year old?"

Before Ashton could respond, I clicked the camera and took a picture of him. Damn. It was a stolen shot but he still managed to look good.

Ashton just chuckled and shook his head as he said, "Fine, baby. Just do what you want."

I smiled triumphantly and took another picture of him and another.

"You know what, it's still unfair on my side because this is your camera. I have no guarantee that you won't delete these photos." I told Ashton as I looked through the photos I took of him.

"If I won't delete them, will that make you happy?" Ashton asked, looking up at me.

I gave him a wide grin as I nodded my head 'yes'.

"God, you really are a child," Ashton muttered with a chuckle. "Fine, baby, I promise I won't delete them."

"Ok. If you do, we're over." I told him with an innocent smile.

Ashton raised an eyebrow at me and said, "Wow. You are gonna break up with me just because of some stupid photos."

"They're not stupid. They're photos of you." I argued.

"Exactly." Ashton shot back.

"Just don't argue with me, Ashton. Photos of you are important to me. That's final." I told him sternly.

Ashton stared at me for a moment then he sighed and said, "You know you are so stubborn, I could really kiss you right now, but I shouldn't."

"We can save that for later," I told him with a wink.

Ashton chuckled then continued with what he was doing.

"Now let me take a proper photo of you," I told him.

"What?" He said with the 'did I hear you right?' look on his face.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Come on now."

"Why don't get down from the counter and help me?" He said instead.

"Let me take a proper photo of you and after that, I'll help you prepare the food."

"Fine," Ashton said with an eyeroll. "What do you want me to do?"

"Anything. I just want a photo in which you are actually aware, you know. Like you actually are posing for one."

"I should really get something in return from this," Ashton muttered but I clearly heard.

"Later, babe," I said with a smirk.

Ashton chuckled, shaking his head. Then he looked up and gave me a dimply grin and a two thumbs up for me to take a photo of.

Just right the second after I took the photo, Michael came in and went over to Ashton, smelling his armpit, which quickly made Ashton to put down his hands and turn to Michael who just acted as if he did nothing and casually walked outside the glass doors to join Calum and Niall outside.

I was laughing way hard about it that when my laughter died down and I looked down at Ashton, he was just looking up at me with a fond smile.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him with a chuckle.

"You have a cute laugh, you know that?" He said with a soft smile.

I felt my cheeks heat up, "Stop making me blush, Ashton."

"It's my life goal, remember? Now, come on. Get down from there. I really don't want clumsy ass to fall down." Ashton said, urging me to get down.

I did as told and of course with an eyeroll. I put the camera aside and started helping Ashton in preparing all the food. Well, I wasn't really helping. I just, most of the time, watch him and admire him. Can you blame me? It's like I'm watching a greek god prepare food.

When we went outside, Michael and Calum were already in the pool and goofing around. Niall was lying down on the couch outside and was on his phone.

I placed the food ready to be eaten on one of the tables by the side of the pool next to the benches while Ashton went to the grill and started the barbecue.

As soon as Niall noticed both me and Ashton, he got off from the couch and went over to assist Ashton.

Ashton looked up as Niall approached him and he gave Niall a smile and let him help. I also smiled at the sight before sitting down on one of the pool benches, putting on Ashton's sunglasses and watching Michael and Calum play in the pool like kids.

As soon as Calum noticed me, he beamed at me then quickly stepped out of the pool and went over to me. He picked up the towel on the bench next to where I'm sitting on and sat down on it as well.

"I'm so happy we came here today and get to spend the weekend here. I really need this to relax," Calum expressed.

I chuckled, "Me too, Cal."

I took two beers from the cooler and opened them, handing one to Calum. He took it with a grin and drank. I also did the same.

"Hey..." Calum then sounded, making me turn to look at him.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Uh...are you ok with the whole, you know...bedroom situation?" Calum hesitantly asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine with it. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I just wanna make sure that you are...uhm...comfortable with it. I mean, you have to share a room and a bed with Ashton who is a guy and you are attracted to guys and I just think that maybe it's also the same as sleeping in the same bed with a girl? It makes you a bit uncomfortable in some way?"

I just stared at Calum through the sunnies with an amused smile. Calum sighed then looked down in embarrassment as he muttered, "I sounded like an idiot. Well you know what I mean."

"Cal..." I said, still with an amused smile. "Don't worry. I'm fine with everything. Ashton and I aren't like how we were before. We're friends now and uh...I'm already comfortable around him. We've hung out a few times and he's actually nice. He just may seem a little intimidating and unapproachable but he isn't. He's just not a people person but he's nice."

Calum stared at me for a moment then said, "Ok, buddy. Well uh...you two really made friends with each other, huh?"

"Yeah...I think we did. I guess what Andrew did to me served something good." I stated, looking back at the pool.

"I'm still really mad at that asshole though. I still wanna kill him." Calum expressed.

"Get in line, bud." I chuckled humourlessly.

"I'm sorry, Luke." Calum silently said, making me look at him again.

"Sorry for what?"

"For not being the friend I'm supposed to be. I should be protecting you, and I failed."

"Calum...you are the best friend anyone could have and I am so lucky to have you."

Calum smiled then he let out a sigh and said, "Luke...what Andrew did to you...uhm...was it the reason why you were, you know, not exactly youself the past few weeks?"

I looked away from Calum. It wasn't exactly about that. It was about Ashton and my feelings for him. But should I tell Calum that? I know I should tell Calum the truth about everything about me and Ashton but I am still not ready yet. Fuck. I don't know what to do.

I looked back at Calum and before I could think more of what to say, I said, "Yeah...it was because of what Andrew did."

Calum frowned, "I'm really sorry..."

I smiled at Calum, "Don't worry about it, Cal. I'm ok now. That's all that matters."

Calum sighed then nodded his head, saying, "Ok, Luke. But you know that I'm just here for you always, right?"

"I know. Thank you."

"Niall! Stop eating all the food!" Ashton's voice boomed, making me and Calum to turn our attention to them. Ashton flicked Niall's head, making the Irish pout. Both me and Calum laughed.

"Remember that time you asked if us hanging out with Ashton will ever happen?" I asked Calum.

"Yeah..." Calum responded.

"Now, we have our answer." I said, smiling fondly as I watch Ashton taking care of the barbecue and scolding Niall.

---

"I found the guitar!" Niall announced as he came back outside after looking for the two guitars inside the house. A huge grin was plastered on his face as he showed all of us the instruments in his hands.

It was night time already and we were just lounging at the couches at the back of the house right by the pool. We're now really tired with all that we did the entire afternoon. We went to the beach and played some volleyball and every little thing that we thought of doing.

Michael stood up and took one of the guitars and went back to his seat next to Calum on one of the couches opposite to where Ashton and I are sitting on. Niall sat down next to me and both him and Michael started tuning the guitar.

"Now, what are we gonna sing first?" Niall asked as soon as he got his guitar tuned.

Calum just shrugged. Ashton didn't bother giving any response. Michael was also waiting for a suggestion.

"Just play whatever," I told Niall.

He then made a thinking face but then Michael said, "Oh I know!" Then he began strumming a familiar tune. I right then recognized it, making me grin, "I love that song!"

Michael was playing 'Missing You' by All Time Low. Niall quickly joined in and everyone except Ashton began singing.

I smiled at what we are doing and everyone sounded really good. Well I shouldn't be surprised since I know Michael and Niall were in a band back in high school with Ashton.

And speaking of Ashton, he just seemed quiet now, especially when Niall came with the guitars. He just sat here beside me, drinking his beer. I just didn't point it out.

Michael and Niall played another song that we sang along and then another. It was really fun. I am really having fun.

But during the what seemed to be our fifth song, Ashton stood up from his seat, making me look up at him.

"Where you going?" I asked him.

"I feel really tired now. I'll just go ahead." Ashton responded with a small smile.

"Ok. Goodnight." I said.

Ashton nodded then headed inside the house. I turned back to the others and I noticed Niall and Michael subtly exchanged knowing looks. They know exactly why Ashton left. I wanna ask them but I shouldn't. I can ask Niall though since he knows everything about me and Ashton but considering our situation now, I know I can't.

I also wanna go after Ashton and maybe just stay with him because it's obvious that something's wrong given how silent he became tonight. But I don't wanna ruin the evening. Everybody is enjoying and I am enjoying the night as well, though since Ashton left, half of my mind was on him. I stayed for a few more songs and a few more beers until finally I decided that it would be a good time already to also head to bed.

I stood up from the couch and stretched out my limbs. Everyone looked up at me so I smiled down at them and said, "I'm feeling kinda sleepy too. Maybe because of all the beers. So I guess I should head up too."

"Ok, goodnight, Luke," Michael said with a smile.

"Goodnight, buddy." Calum waved.

"Go share the bed with Ashton," Niall said.

I chuckled at what he said then turned towards the house, saying, "See you all tomorrow."

I headed straight upstairs to the master's bedroom. I silently entered the room, not wanting to wake Ashton up. The room is already dark, so I tried my best to be silent with my every move. I closed the door softly behind me then locked it and went over the bed. I took off my shirt then my shorts and carefully slipped inside under the sheets, laying down next to Ashton. He was lying on his side, his back on me.

Being a light sleeper that he is, Ashton noticed me laying beside him. He slowly turned to me, rubbing his eyes from sleep. I scooted closer to him.

"Baby?" He said in a low groggy voice.

"Hi..." I whispered to him.

He opened his eyes a bit to look at me and then smiled. I smiled back at him then leaned up to give him a peck on the lips.

"Where are the others? Have they gone to bed too?" Ashton asked.

"Nope. They're still down there." I told him.

"Is everything ok? Are you ok?" He asked, worry evident in his voice.

"I'm fine, babe...I was just sleepy so I came up here ahead. And also...I missed you."

Ashton chuckled then pulled me to him, arms wrapping around me. I snuggled into him, loving the feeling of his warmth, also wrapping my arms around him.

"You feel so warm, I love it." I said against Ashton's bare chest.

"Are you cold, baby?" He asked, embracing me tighter.

"No, babe...I just really love how you always feel so warm." I said.

Ashton chuckled, "You know, I noticed, you've been calling me 'babe' lately."

I looked up at Ashton with a thinking face then smiled and said, "Yeah...I did. They just came out, I guess. Don't you want me to call you that?"

"It's fine, baby. I like anything you call me."

"Hmmm...fucking cheesy."

Ashton chuckled then leaned down and caught my lips in a kiss.

"Can I ask you something?" I said.

"What is it?"

"What happened?" I asked.

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows, obviously confused as to what I meant so I continued, "You just went...silent. I mean, you were fine the whole day. Then you just got silent tonight especially when Niall brought out the guitars then you went up ahead. Do you...do you hate it? The whole singing thing?"

Ashton sighed, "Nothing happened, ok? I just really felt tired. And no, I don't hate the singing."

"Why didn't you join though? I know you sing and play instruments."

"How did you know that?" Ashton asked, voice a bit surprised and a bit confused.

"Niall told me you were in a band before with him and Michael," I said. "You were the drummer and you also sing."

"He told you that? What else did he tell you?"

"Just that. Please don't be mad at him, Ash. We were jusr talking about how long have you known each other and he said since high school and so that was why he had mentioned about being in band. Please don't get mad."

Ashton sighed again, "Baby, I'm not mad."

"I'm sorry...I didn't want to cause any trouble between you. I know there are things that you don't want me to know about your past and I understand that. Just...just please know that you can always trust me, ok?" I told Ashton, looking straight into his eyes.

He gave me a small yet soft smile and then kissed me again before saying, "You are so good for me, you know that?"

I smiled up at him and then leaned to capture his lips in another kiss but this time, I deepened it and let my tongue slip into his mouth, immediately meeting his.

There was still a hint of taste of the beer we previously consumed but it made the kiss even better. I let a hand run up Ashton's bare chest up to his neck then to his jaw, feeling the stubble against my palm. I felt Ashton's arms tightened their hold around me, having me pressed closer to him.

I then pulled away from the kiss before it would go more further. I pecked Ashton's lips a few more times before saying, "I really wanna do something with you now but I am so tired and sleepy so tomorrow, ok? I promise, I won't let your dick stay calm."

Ashton laughed that laugh that I've grown to love then said, "You really are something, Luke Hemmings."

"Thank you. I try." I responded with an innocent smile.

Ashton laughed again then pecked my lips before pulling me again into his brace, saying, "Sleep now, baby."

"Goodnight, babe..." I whispered as I burried my face into his chest and wrapping my arms around him, tangling our legs.

Ashton kissed the top of head, "Goodnight, baby."

---

Chapter 13, lovelies! 8k plus words. bit of a filler but hope you still enjoyed reading it.

lovey day all of you! 

Credits go to all the owners of the media I used. I just took them form the internet and I don't really know who uploaded them, so...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628 16 33
"He's just a classmate who talked to me. I shouldn't feel anything. But I do." [Started: Feb 20, 2023] [Ended: April 22, 2023]
5.2K 217 19
luke never thought that he could find a bad boy so pretty. top/dom!ash bottom/sub!luke in which ashton is a 'bad' boy, who skates and smokes weed, ha...
20.6K 368 31
[EDITING] Ashton, the drummer for 5 seconds of summer, has a crush on his best friend Luke Hemmings, their lead vocalist. However, Luke already has a...
813K 28.4K 30
"so, is this a thing?" "yeah, we'll be friends.. with benefits" the one where luke and ashton start a secret friends with benefits relationship beh...