The Intelligence Bond

By keyleehargis

Book 4 in 'the bond series' ________________________________________________ He's smarter than most, if not a... More

Before Reading!
Chapter One|| A little threats never hurt nobody
Chapter Two|| Sadistic Smiles
Chapter Three|| Peace
Chapter Four|| Adjusting
Chapter Five|| Bad memories
Chapter Six|| Fights
Chapter Seven|| When the past comes to haunt you
Chapter Eight|| Butterflies
Chapter Nine|| Nightmares
Chapter Ten|| Allen Leigh
Not an Update, but sneak peek!
Chapter Eleven|| Prisoner
Chapter Twelve|| Explanations
Chapter Thirteen|| You are nothing to me
Chapter Fourteen|| unwanted guest
Chapter Fifteen|| I'm here
Chapter Sixteen|| Heat
Chapter Seventeen|| Is this legal?
Chapter Eighteen|| Controlling
Chapter Nineteen|| I can't think straight
Chapter Twenty One|| People Person
Chapter Twenty Two|| Caroline
Chapter Twenty Three|| The Marking
Chapter Twenty Four|| Time To Go Clubbing Pt 1
Chapter Twenty Five|| Time To Go Clubbing pt 2
Chapter Twenty Six|| Reunited
Chapter Twenty Seven|| The Ball
Chapter Twenty Eight|| Paranoid
Chapter Twenty Nine|| Flashbacks
Chapter Thirty|| The Horse Rider
Chapter Thirty One|| Mommy Dearie
Chapter Thirty Two|| Mother-Daughter Bonding
Chapter Thirty Three|| Blessings
Chapter Thirty Four|| Don't Shoot the Messenger
Chapter Thirty Five|| Desire
Chapter Thirty Six|| Preparing
Chapter Thirty Seven|| Presentations
Chapter Thirty Eight|| Confronting
Chapter Thirty Nine|| Assassination?
Chapter Forty|| Long Live the King
Chapter Forty One|| Go to hell
Chapter Forty Two|| I have a proposal
Chapter Forty Three|| The Big Day
Chapter Forty Four|| Love is in the air
Chapter Forty Five|| OH BABY!
Chapter Forty Six|| A New Chapter
EPILOGUE

Chapter Twenty|| Stealing Crowns

66K 3.3K 466
By keyleehargis

{Aurora's POV}

The light beaming through the curtains was how I was woken up. I groaned stretching my arms out grabbing the nearest pillow and pulled it towards me, stuffing my face into it. Jackson's scent swarmed through my nose and a smile tugged onto my face.

It was weird staying in his room, but I liked it...

After debating to get up out of bed, I finally managed to pull myself up. Rubbing my eyes, I let out yet another sigh and threw the covers back climbing out and headed towards the door.

I went next door to my room and took a quick shower.

After, I tied my wet hair up into a messy bun and pulled on some jeans and a shirt and walked downstairs for some breakfast.

As I made my way into the kitchen, I noticed Jackson's beta sat by the bar reading a newspaper.

"Good morning, Luna." He spoke and I cocked an eyebrow as I pulled some orange juice from the fridge.

"Morning." I mumbled and grabbed me a glass starting to pour some.

"Jackson told me that when you wake to notify you that he made it to the War Pack and that he wanted you to watch over training today with me." He said and my brows furrowed.

He wanted me to look over training? Why?

"Uh why?" I asked curiously and grabbed some bacon that was already made and put it onto a plate and went and sat at the kitchen table.

"He says you can help people while he isn't here. Apparently you have a gift like his."

He thinks I'm smart? Like his smart?

"Oh... okay." I trailed off and he nodded standing and looked at his watch.

"Training starts at two. Im going to do a perimeter check with some others." I nodded once more and he turned on his heels heading off.

***

I looked over the people are they sparred. My arms were folded and I sighed.

"You two!" I called out to a pair in the middle and they turned to look at me. "Come here." I spoke and they gave a small head bow and headed over. I wanted to roll my eyes.

"You're keeping your punches. If you loosened your left arm some you will get in a harder punch." I told him and turned to look at the other guy.

"You're too slow with your moves. When he comes for you, you want to make it sharp when you move. Not loose and definitely not slow. Now go redo your spar." I commanded and they nodded and sure enough with the newfound information they were sparring perfectly. I grinned moving onto a new pair.

"You really have a hold on things. You're perfect for the job. Like Jackson himself." Jackson's beta, Zander, said walking up beside me.

I gave him faint smile and turned my attention back towards the field.

"They're good fighters, you know." I replied and he nodded.

"With a little tweaking, they'll be even better." He said and I nodded once more.

My mind drifted to Jackson. I wonder what he was doing now. I felt like a lovesick puppy.

How embarrassing.

Love is for the weak. I was always taught that and here I am falling for him.

What if I lose him too? What if he turns on me? I'd be finished after that. Completely shattered and broken.

I fought away the negative thoughts and turned to look at Zander.

"Where can one get a drink around here?" I asked and he let out a chuckle.

"How bout I show you?" He asked and I nodded.

"Sounds like a plan."

"Everyone dismissed! Back here same time tomorrow!" Zander called out and everyone quickly dispersed happily.

"Lets go." he said motioning for me to follow.

***

We sat in the bar with a bottle of whiskey in front of us.

"So, your sister... why is she so fixed on being with my mate?" I asked taking a shot of the whiskey.

Zander groaned sitting farther back into his seat across from me already many shots down.

"She's a whore." He replied and I nearly choked on the drink I was taking.

"Zander!" He let out a laugh and shrugged.

"Like you weren't thinking it." He replied with a smug look and I laughed.

"Thinking it and saying it are two completely different things." I countered earning another chuckle.

"Well she's slept with almost any guy that had a high status in the pack and she thought with me being beta that she could get with Jackson. He shot her down so many times it's pathetic. Quite sad really. She'd sneak into his room with the intention of seducing him and she'd always get turned down."

"Why'd he turn her down? I mean he now knows he has a mate and wouldn't, but then he had the opportunity because he was a single man... why didn't he?" I asked.

"Well for one he actually has something called class, my sister wouldn't know of that, and two... I told him he'd definitely get a STD." He said and I laughed shaking my head.

I was relaxing with the whiskey seeping through my system.

"Though there is someone I do want to warn you about." He started and I looked at him curiously waiting for him to continue.

"Her name is Caroline. She and Jackson had a thing if you want to call it that. Before you got here, they broke things off maybe a couple weeks before. Though, she left the pack for a while to go visit her family, she'll be back soon. They alway had these break ups and always got back together. Jackson is now truly devoted to you, and he would never do anything to jeopardize that, but she can be a real bitch. Call her Queen B if you want." He joked.

"Lucky for her, I'm good at stealing crowns." I replied with a smirk.

"You're something else." He replied with a chuckle.

"Isn't that what they all say." I said folding my arms and sighed.

"So Jackson never told you about her?" He asked and I shook my head.

"She obviously wasn't that important to talk about. Plus, I'm not one of those girls that gets jealous of an ex. It's over and done and he is with me now, so why should she matter at all?"

"You know... if you weren't mated to Jackson, I'd totally kiss you right now. You're that girlfriend every guy desires." He said and my eyes widened.

"Don't let Jackson know I said that." He said sitting back. "I've had too much to drink." He added closing his eyes and I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"You're a lightweight." I responded and he only groaned in response. I thought he was going to crash asleep right there.

"Lets get you home, bud." I said standing to my feet.

***

After a very long process of having to practically drag Zander to his room and got him somewhat onto his bed, I found myself back in Jackson's room.

I sat in bed reading a book I found of Jackson's. It was interesting, but after awhile my eyes grew heavy and I let out a yawn sitting the book down onto the nightstand and leaned over to turn the light off.

As I got comfortable I closed my eyes only to hear the door open. My eyes quickly opened as I froze in place. I was not hearing things. I heard quiet footsteps and eventually Jackson's scent subtly filled my senses. He's home. His closet light flipped on then a minute later off. After a minute or two I felt the bed dip beside me and his arms wrapped around me pulling me to his chest.

"You're home." I said.

"Im home." He replied and I could practically hear him smile.

"Get some rest, love." He added and with that I closed my eyes mumbling a 'goodnight'.

For the first time in months. I had no bad dreams, and I slept like a baby.

_________________________________________________________________________

AWE THEY'RE GETTING USED TO ONE ANOTHER

Opinions on Zander? 

Caroline? 

What will happen next? 

Will Zander and Aurora be good friends? 

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 73.8K 23
Warning this contains sexual material so please if you offended by that please don't read. Just warning you. This is a adult novel and contains that...
1.5M 76.4K 36
Being the Immaculate Pack, a pack of innocence and freedom, you would never expect a gruesome murder to happen. You would think the people there woul...
1M 42.5K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
141K 4.3K 29
Highest ranking: #532 in werewolf #3 in traitor He wanted a submissive Luna She was the opposite She wanted a kind Alpha He was the opposi...