The Babysitter ≫ lashton

Av goldenstarkey

Ashton can't take care of his own brother, so his parents hire a babysitter. © goldenstarkey | 2014 Mer

WARNING
W A R N I N G 2
urm
one
two
three
four
CRYING
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
epilogue
hi hi
interviews
epilogue 2
BONUS
HIIIIII
2M?????

six

55.9K 2.2K 1.9K
Av goldenstarkey

As it hit one a.m. on the clock I let a yawn fall from my lips. It was the first time I had yawned all night, but I knew I was beyond tired.

Harry had woken up and asked me to lay with him in his bed until he fell asleep again, so we ended up watching Transformers 2 until he passed out.

Harry's door slowly opened and Mrs. Irwin slowly poked her head in, gesturing for me to go to her. I carefully rose from the bed and tiptoed across the room until I was outside and the door was closed.

"Thank you for staying so late. Do you have any idea where Ashton is? He's not in the house." She frowns.

"Uh, yeah. He said he was going to be at a friend's house, so I guess he's sleeping over there." I reply.

She sighs, "alright, thank you. Anthony's downstairs in the kitchen; he'll pay you, then you can leave."

"Thank you, ma'am." I smile, heading down the stairs.

After Mr. Irwin pays me he leads me to the door and locks it after I'm outside. I walk over to my car and pull my keys out of the sweatpants I borrowed from Ashton. I tossed my jeans in the back seat with all my bags and boxes before climbing into my car and starting the engine.

My eyes caught a moving figure and I jumped out of the car to stop Ashton from walking any closer to the house.

"Ash, you can't go home plastered. Your parents with kill you." I whisper.

"My parents are home?" He slurred. "Well, shit. I was out a lot later than promised." He lets out a giggle and I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Okay, um, get in the car." I help him walk over to the passenger side and practically shove him in the car since he's unstable. I buckle his seatbelt for him and quickly shut his door. I jog over to my side and climb in, shutting the door just in time for Ashton to turn up my music. "Stop, Ashton." I groan, turning the music down low, just enough to be heard.

"You like All Time Low?" Ashton slurs. I'm surprised he could even tell who the artist was in his state.

"Yeah," I say bluntly. "Doesn't everyone?"

"Well, my friend Kenny doesn't." He huffs. "But he's foreign, so he doesn't know good music yet."

"How long as he lived here for?" I ask.

"Eight years." He's emotionless as he says that and I try not to laugh.

"Oh." I shake my head lightly and put the car in drive, keeping a firm step on the break. "Where am I taking you? You can't go home like this."

"I have a place where you can stay!" Ashton smiles wide, ignoring my question.

I simply sigh, "where, Ashton?"

"Okay, do you know where the park is?" He asks with a smile bigger than ever.

"Yeah," I nod.

"Go there." He instructs.

"I'm not going to sleep in a park, Ashton." I glare at him.

"Just trust me!" He says.

"That's kind of hard to do." I mutter, pulling out of his driveway. I head in the direction of the park, passing a few drunk people walking down the street at the same time. Ashton sat there pointing every person out; telling me their name and grade. I feel like he's smarter when he's drunk.

Once we arrive to the park, Ashton says to drive down the dirt road in the back and I hesitated for a minute before driving down the deserted road. I was shocked at the other side, seeing a lake and the back of a lake house.

"Who's is this?" I ask, parking in the lake house driveway.

"My grandma's. She stays here when she comes to visit. She loves lake houses, so we had her own personal one built here a few years ago. She never wants to stay with us when she visits, so she gets her own place." Ashton explains, "it's weird, I know. But she hasn't been here in two years because she's been dealing with my grandpa because he's really sick." He frowns. "So, you can stay here." He smiled. "We can stay here."

"Thanks, Ashton." I smile small at him before brushing my fingers through my hair that was now completely dry from my shower earlier.

He shrugs, "it's not a problem, really. I come here all the time even when she's not here. As long as I inform her of your staying she won't care. She never does."

"Okay." I say quietly, climbing out of the car. Ashton pulls his keys out of his pocket and searches for the key for five minutes before finding it. I left all my belongings in the car, only bringing my phone and it's charger in for now.

I walk into the kitchen to get Ashton a glass of water, handing it to him once I had done so. He chugged it down before placing it on the counter and walking to me.

I couldn't step away from him as he placed his arms on either side of me, resting them on the counter. "I had sex with Ashley Nixon earlier tonight."

I rose an eyebrow, "am I supposed to care?"

"Shouldn't you?" He frowns. "I thought about you the whole time it happened." He licks his lips, leaning closer to me. "I wonder what your lips taste like."

I shove him away, "not alcohol." I walk out of the room and into the living room. "I'm going to sleep Ashton. You should sleep yourself." I laid on the couch and buried my face in the couch pillow.

"There's a bedroom down the hall if you want it." Ashton says from behind me and I shake my head, it still in the pillow.

"Nope, I'm good right here." My words were muffled, but Ashton still sighed.

"Okay, I'll be in the bedroom. Feel free to join me whenever. I'll be thinking of all the things I could do to you on that bed." His lips are right next to my ear and I shrink into the couch more, ignoring his drunken state.

He's not going to remember any of this tomorrow.

~~

"Of course," I say into the phone. "That's not a problem."

"Thank you so much! I just got the call an hour ago and I wasn't sure how your mom would feel about you staying here for a whole week." Mrs. Irwin sighs.

I felt a pang in my chest at the thought of my mother. "She doesn't care." I purse my lips, watching as Ashton walked into the kitchen. "What time do you need me to be there?"

"Our flight is in four hours, so how soon could you be here?" She asks.

"Well, Ashton asked me to pick him up and bring him home soon, so is an hour okay?" I ask and Ashton looks over at me with a confused gaze.

"An hour is fine! Thank you so much!" She gushes.

"It's not a problem." I smile before we exchange goodbyes and I hang up the phone.

"What was that about?" Ashton asks, grabbing a bowl from the cabinet. He opens the cupboard and pulls out a box of Cheerios, pouring some into the bowl. He sat down at the counter and began to munch on them, three or four at a time.

"Your mom got called on an important business trip so her and your dad are going to be gone for a week which means I'll be staying at your place for a week." I give him a sarcastic smile and he bites his lip.

"Okay," he shrugs. "Cool."

"I guess." I shrug back, stealing a handful of Cheerios from his bowl.

"Rude." He pouted as he shoved a handful of the cereal into his mouth.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" I ask.

"I know I hit on you a few times." He shrugs.

"We had sex." I stated bluntly, trying not to laugh at my joke. He started to choke on his Cheerios and I burst out laughing. "Oh my god, I'm kidding!"

He glared at me, "you're a douchebag."

I smirk, "so are you."

"I could have died from choking." He coughs and I smirk again.

"That's what she said."

He grabbed a handful of Cheerios and chucked them at me. "You're disgusting."

"You said it!" I held my hands up in defence.

"You know, you're not so bad, Hemmings." He smiles small.

"Neither are you, Irwin." I laugh lightly.

"But I still don't like you." He states and I smirk.

"I don't like you either."

***

So, this week is so freaking hectic because I have to run the floor at work and it's the hardest job in the building (no lie) and it's so stressful. I stayed up super late to get this update done for you guys, so if it sucks a apologise. I'm also posting it really early in the morning because I have school, work, and a lot of studying I have to do, so I most likely won't be on later!

june 2016

AYE i quit that job ^^ hahaha they never paid me and it sucked so i quit and now my anxiety is through the roof and i babysit at home yikes the ending of this is so cute and lowkey the only part of this book that i actually like so far (because i don't even remember the rest of it hahaha i suck (but not for free so its okay))

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

33.5K 1.4K 8
Ashton's always been a loner due to being openly gay, but at his new school he seems to get along well. He makes new friends and gets great marks. Bu...
106K 4.7K 23
In a world where soulmates are the norm and being connected means sharing their partner's deepest emotions, Luke Hemmings knows his soulmate has suff...
25.3K 1.3K 43
Luke Hemmings is 18 years old, famous, confused, and lonely Ashton Irwin is 20, far from home, lonely, and as far as most are concerned, no one too...
121K 5.7K 69
"Have some compassion, will you?" "Shut the fuck up, Hemmings. You're not getting my smokes." Where Luke's fairly certain he can get bad boy Ashton I...