Hidden Heroes || Peter Parker...

Autorstwa prkerweb

"You can't just turn into a bat and fly away when you don't want to deal with things, Parker!" "Watch me!" ... Więcej

Chapter One - Welcome to Queens
Chapter Two - The Spider-man
Chapter Three - Nights Like This
Chapter Four - And We're Off
Chapter Five - Late Night Dips
Chapter Six - Face to Face
Chapter Seven - The Start of it All
Chapter Eight - The New Girl
Chapter Nine - Surprise
Chapter Ten- Atlas
Chapter Eleven - A Dangerous World
Chapter Twelve - No Biggie
Chapter Thirteen - Venom
Chapter Fourteen - Not The Only Ones
Chapter Fifteen - Uneventful
Chapter Sixteen - An Attack
Chapter Eighteen - That Was a Complete Lie
Chapter Nineteen - Late Again
Chapter Twenty - Dreams

Chapter Seventeen - It All Adds Up

2.9K 103 22
Autorstwa prkerweb

I lay in bed, all showered, warm, and clean, replaying the night over and over again in my head. Peter can't be the Spider-Man. It's not possible. I mean, this is Peter Parker we're talking about. He just...can't.

But it all adds up! All of it! Literally!

Even if I told anyone, they wouldn't believe me. But then again, what if Peter really isn't the Spider-Man and I'm just a terrified, paranoid idiot. I close my eyes and think back to the earliest I can remember Peter acting strange and disappearing. I immediately think of the decathlon field trip, but then I remember that one day at the coffee shop. Peter left in a fluster and I decided to be a total creep and follow him, and he was just...gone. And instead of Peter, I got the Spider-Man.

And the decathlon field trip - why else would the Spider-Man be in Washington DC? Peter wasn't present at the competition like he was supposed to be. He disappeared again, and the Spider-Man showed up and saved the day. And saved me.

That one time I saw the Spider-Man slammed into the wall of a building on the news. Peter showed up at school the next day really beat up and hurt. And that other time I called Peter when I was at the park - he sounded out of breath and I heard a crash and somebody scream in the background. What if I called him when he was out saving the city?

I can't jump to conclusions. He wasn't out saving the city. He isn't Spider-Man. Peter. Isn't. The Spider-Man.

I need somebody's else's opinion on this. Like, Ally and Harper's opinion. But they won't believe me, and I know that for a fact.

So I'm going to need evidence.

~~~

The train stops abruptly at the station I get off of every morning and I hop off with a sigh, wanting my bike more than anything right now. Winter had officially begun in New York, and a thin blanket of freshly fallen snow covered the city. The only bright side to taking the subway is that it's somewhat warmer than riding my bike through the streets of New York, but, I would much rather ride my bike through the snow than pack onto a crowded train car.

I exit the train and walk through the crowded station, jogging up the stairs and entering the cold air, walking in the direction of Midtown. I yawn, shoving my hands in the pockets of my maroon jacket, and I listen to the snow crunch quietly beneath my boots. I hear the chatter of pedestrians and the engines of cars as I walk, and I don't think about anything as I finish my walk to school. Which is unusual, because there's a lot to be thinking about.

Once I do arrive at school, my friends are nowhere in sight. I don't think anything of it, I just head straight for my locker and enter my combination in. As I open the metal door, I feel a soft tap on my shoulder.

"Hey." Ally says with a quick smile. I unzip my backpack and grab my binder, shoving the bag into my locker.

"Hi." I sigh. "Last night was nuts."

"Tell me about it," she replies softly.

"Have you seen Peter?" I ask quickly.

"No. I was just about to ask you that. I'm kinda worried." She replies, looking around cautiously.

"What's wrong?" I ask. "You look nervous."

"I just...don't want anyone overhearing, I guess. Nobody would believe us."

"You never know," I sigh. "I'm sure the monster is on the news." I shut my locker and follow Ally slowly down the hallway to meet up with Harper at her locker.

"I swear to god," she mumbles as she enters her combination. Ally and I stand on either side of her tiredly. "if I get this wrong one more damn time..." she tries and fails to open her locker, and she exhales shortly and shuts her eyes.

"What's your combination?" Ally asks, stepping up and beginning to enter it as Harper replies.

"Thirty-five, seven, twenty..." I tune out eventually, since A) Harper is always grumpy in the morning and it's best to leave her be, and B) I have a lot to think about, dealing with one boy in particular.

What if he's hurt? Will he even come to school today? Is he really the Spider-Man? If not, where did he disappear to? Did the monster get him? Is he dead? He can't be. But he didn't answer any of my texts or calls. Why? What is going on with-

"Juniper. Juniper. JUNIPER." Ally says, waving her hand in front of my face.

"W-what? Sorry." I stammer, watching as the hallways slowly clear up.

"C'mon," she continues. "we're gonna be late."

"So he's fine?" I state as Ned takes another bite of his sandwich.

"Yes."

"But his aunt wouldn't let him come to school?" Harper asks.

"No. He said he woke up with a headache and his aunt flipped out when she saw how beat up he was." Ned says.

"So," I start. "Peter got hurt by...something, and was forced to stay home by his aunt."

"Correct."

"So he's not dead?" Harper asks.

"No, Harper, Peter isn't dead." Ned replies flatly.

"What happened to him? Was it the monster?" Ally asks. Ned hesitates before he answers.

"...I don't know."

"Well, this is just great." I sigh, picking through my cheap salad I bought for literally two dollars this morning. "Peter is hurt, by something we don't know of, we were nearly killed by the monster thing, and now we're all sitting around at school like nothing ever happened."

"Whatever, Juniper, you're just being dramatic because your dream guy isn't here." Harper says sarcastically. I freeze for a second and glance at Ned, who is raising an eyebrow at her, and then me, and then back at Harper. Ally elbows Harper hard, and she exclaims 'Ow!' all dramatic-like.

"You like Peter?" Ned asks me with a giant grin.

"Thanks, Harp. Now his best friend knows." I mutter. She rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. Like he'll tell. Besides, he probably likes you back."

"Oh, please. That isn't true." I reply.

"...So you do like him." Ned states.

"Keep up, Ned." Ally half chuckles as she peels an orange. Ned doesn't stop smiling, and he stares at his tray.

"...What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing." He says quickly.

"I told you. He probably likes you back." Harper says.

"Can we just change the subject?" I ask.

"I'd prefer not to. This is kind of entertaining." Ally says, smirking at me. I roll my eyes and take a bite of lettuce. All lettuce. No chicken. Because the salad didn't come with any. I'm not happy.

"I'm really in the mood for Mexican right now," Ned says with a sigh.

"Oh?" Ally replies.

"Yeah. Nachos with chicken and jalapeños, especially."

"Sucks to suck." Harper chirps. I hear something buzz on the table as Ned and Harper keep arguing back and forth, and I glance over at Ned's phone, which lights up with a text message on the lock screen. It's from Peter.

No. Don't you dare.

I never do this. I usually completely respect people's privacy, trust me. But I looked anyways, because I'm an idiot.

What if they know? I literally just disappeared.

My eyes widen slightly as I read the message, and I return my focus back to eating my salad. Oh my god. Oh my god. Peter is totally the Spider-Man.

But what if he isn't?

I sigh and let my head fall onto the table, making a small thump. This is going to be an extremely long week.

Author's Note
OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN LITERALLY FOREVER. I AM ALIVE AND SOMEWHAT WELL. But seriously guys I feel so bad. I literally have not had the time to write and post. But aside that, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please tell me if you catch any mistakes, because I didn't spend much time editing this haha. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

351 1 26
In this beautiful love story... We have Peter Parker and Y/N. Peter Parker is Spiderman and he lives in the Avengers House (Building) and Tony Stark...
1.5K 27 32
A coming of age story of Yn and Peter. They met in 3rd grade and ever since then, they were best friends spending every second together with nothing...
76.1K 1.6K 16
y/n met peter parker one time at the one of the university bus stops & shared a pizza with him in the rain. he seemed like the nicest kid & so when y...
33.5K 937 14
Book 1/3 (Happening during Homecoming) YIN has had a crush on Peter Parker for as long as he can remember, but with Peter's preference for girls see...