The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 40: I Deserve It

2.5K 54 5
By goldendragon225

Your POV

I duck, jump, dodge, and block their first barrage of attacks. I'm able to get out of the circle they had around me. They were about to attack again when I hear the siren, a few seconds later I see a police satomobile appear around the corner followed by 4 others closely behind. The men flee back to the alley they came from. The 5 of them stop in front of me.

Policeman: "Freeze! Put the swords down and your arms above your head!" I drop the swords and raise my hands. They cuff me and throw me in the back of a satomobile. About 20 minutes later the doors open and 5 guards lead me into an interrogation room. I sit there for another 20 minutes with my arms cuffed to the table and my ankles cuffed to the chair. Then I hear two sets of footsteps walk in.

Lin: "Alright, do you want to explain to us what happened?" I recognize the voice as Lin's. I shake my head no while looking down so my hood covered my face. Then I hear a man's voice.

Policeman: "Listen kid, I don't know who the hell you are, but if you think not speaking will make it all better it won't. You're looking at 90 days in the big house right now." I chuckle lightly. "Hey! Is there something funny here?"

You: "Yea, there is actually. If you think a jail cell will hold me, you might be the most idiotic person I've ever met." I hear Lin gasp.

Lin: "It can't be...? M/N?" I look up and she gasps again. "Kid... What happened to you?"

You: "I uh, ran into some people, who, well, let's just say we had different viewpoints." She nods.

Lin: "Do you need anything?" I look down at myself, I notice my sweatshirt is wet and shining from the blood.

You: "I could use a doc. I'm pretty beat up under this." I say referring to my sweatshirt. She nods again.

Policeman: "Wait? So that's it? We're just going to let him go!?" Lin turns to the man.

Lin: "This "kid" has saved your life more times than you know! And he's my nephew! I suggest you watch your tone with him and Me!" The man gulps and nods. I smile at him, I swear you could see the smoke coming out his ears right now.

Policeman: "I'm sorry chief, but we can't just let him go." Lin thinks for a second before turning to me.

Lin: "Why'd you do it? I'm sure you did it for a reason."

You: "I took down that guy last night because he was harassing... Chelsea!" Oh crap! I completely forgot about her! Those men could have got her. I quickly heat up my hands and ankles then melt through the cuffs fairly easily.

Lin: "M/N!? What the hell are you doing!?" I run over the door and take off down the hall. I hear Lin yelling at the men to hold their fire.

You: "Send people to where you found me!" I yell as I run out. I send fire from my feet and take off.

Korra POV

I'm sitting in my room overlooking the city, then I see it. A blur of F/C comes whipping around a building. I jump up and run downstairs, then jump in a boat and waterbend it towards the city. He's back, the real M/N's back.

Your POV

I land in the parking lot and run in. I don't see the receptionist anywhere.

You: "Hello?" A short man with glasses jumps up from behind the desk and fires an arrow at me. It grazes my shoulder. "Ah! Damn! What the hell is your problem?"

Man: "Oh-I, I'm sorry, I thought you were with those men." Oh no.

You: "Where'd they go?" The man points towards Chelsea's room. Shit, they're already here. I run down the hallway and hear her screaming.

Chelsea: "Leave her out of this! You bastards I swear I'll kill you if you touch her!" I get to her room and run in. I see a man holding her and Holly while another 3 are looking out the window, likely watching for cops, and 1 more, the man I'd beaten up in that alley, with a knife in his hand.

Man: "You know, carrying around sharp objects can be dangerous. It'd be a shame, if an accident would occur. Wouldn't it?" I reach behind my back for my swords, but feel nothing. I curse under my breath. But one must have heard me because now his guns aimed at me. I don't have a ton of experience with guns, they are rather new technology after all, but I do know they hurt a hell of a lot less than being stabbed.

Man2: "Boss! He's back!" The main one turns to me.

Man: "So, the scrubs back huh?" I crack my neck.

You: "You truly have no idea who I am, do you?" The man's expression remains unchanged.

Man: "I know just who you are, a kid who thinks he's some kind of hero, well, I hate to break it to ya kid. But those are just stories. Not even the Wolverine could save you now." Oh, this is perfect, except for that I still can't heal... Well, I guess I don't have a choice now. I release my claws slowly, the more they're exposed, the more shocked he looks. I smirk to myself. The pain was nothing, but I hated having my knuckles wrapped up as I knew they would have to be after this. I was about to attack, but the window shatters and I see one of the men fall. A few seconds later more bullets start flying around in the room. I grab Chelsea and Holly then shield them from the onslaught. A moment or two later the firing stops. I stand, but feel a few stings in my back. As I stand I hear footsteps running towards us through the hall. Then I see her... Korra... appear at the door.

Korra: "Are you guys all right?" I look down to Holly and Chelsea, they both nod. I look up and nod to Korra. She sighs in relief.

*TIMESKIP*

Korra POV

He'd been in the room for at least 3 hours now. How hard could it be to remove a few bullets? Another 30 minutes pass before the doctor walks out.

Doctor: "He'll be fine, but he kept muttering something in his sleep... I've never seen anyone do that before, the medicine is extremely strong, it usually keeps people out for 2-3 days." Before I can ask what M/N was muttering, the doors fly open and he walks out, with two distressed nurses behind him.

Nurse: "Mr. L/N! You shouldn't be walking in your condition!" M/N waves a hand up.

You: "I'm fine, where are my clothes?" He asks her.

Nurse: "We cannot allow you to leave until you are healed sir." M/N becomes rather agitated now. He turns around and walks to the desk, then jumps, well, rolls over it and falls on the other side. He stands up a few seconds later, then I hear an alarm sound. "Oh no." She says, rolling her eyes.

Korra: "What?" I ask her, now standing.

Nurse: "He found the possessions room, but, unlike a normal person. I'm guessing he just ripped out the lock which sounded the alarm. Though it only sounds in this part of the hospital because it's not a huge concern, so I guess that's a plus." We walk down, and sure enough, the lock is torn off and lying on the ground. A few minute later M/N walks out in a sweatshirt with a few holes in it here and there, dark gray pants, and black and F/C boots. He walks right by both of us and turns down the hallway. The doc runs up to us.

Doctor: "What happened?!"

Korra: "What was he saying?" I ask him.

Doctor: "What?"

Korra: "What was he muttering in there?" I ask him again, this time with a little more venom in my voice.

Doctor: "Oh, he was saying your name." What? From the way he was acting it seemed like he didn't care about me anymore? I look down the hallway and see him turn the corner. I was about to go after him until I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look back and see Mako with a blank expression on his face.

Mako: "Korra, you've tried, he just needs his space." I look back and see the last of him vanish behind the corner. "Korra, he'll be fine. There's nobody who's strong enough to actually hurt him."

Korra: "No, you're wrong, there is one person who can hurt him..."

Mako: "And Who is that?" He asks me.

Korra: "Himself..." I say looking down. He was gone... and I had a feeling he wasn't coming back...

Your POV

Mom: "He Killed Me!!"

You: "Mom, I'm so so-"

Mom: "You Made Him M/N! He's You! You Killed Us!" I feel the tears begin to sting my eyes.

You: "I'm so sor-"

Evelyn: "Why!? You Already Let Someone Kill Us In Your World! Now You Kill Us Here Too!?"

Dad: "You Are A Disgrace! You Are NOT, My Son... My son... He would have saved us..." The tears begin to roll down my face. Then Laura appears.

Laura: "M/N... I loved you, I cared for you and left the village that took me and Evelyn in but wouldn't take "you" in. Then someone killed us to get at "you." Then "you" literally killed us yourself... I gave up everything to keep "you" safe, but in the end... You've just turned out to be some mindless killing monster... A killer who killed his own family... Who he claims to love..." The tears are flowing freely now...

You: "I'm so sorry... I-I never asked for this... I never wanted it..."

Laura: "Just like how we never wanted you..." They all fade away. I collapse on the ground, crying. Rain and thunder roll in. When I open my eyes again I see a figure in the distance... Korra?

Korra: "Don't leave me M/N... I still love you... And I always will..."

I look around and see the side of a dumpster and a graffitied wall. Oh, right. I throw the old newspapers off me and stretch out then I hear a raspy breathing coming from the other side of the dumpster. I stand up and walk over to see...

You: "Jinora?" She looked flushed, like she had just seen a ghost. "Jinora, it's me, M/N. Is something wrong?" She nods.

Jinora: "What's wrong with you?" What? The way she said that, it seemed, vicious. Then she grabs the neckline of my shirt and pulls me down. "Tell me, why?! Why do you have these dreams!?" I sigh and sit next to her.

You: "Because, I deserve it." I say.

Jinora: "No, you don't, you've saved thousands of lives M/N. People killed your family, you've been through more pain than anyone I know. So tell me. Why are you haunted by these things?"

You: "I told you, because I deserve it... Jinora, I've killed thousands as well. And just because I've save the same number or more... It doesn't forgive what I've done..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4K 86
PLEASE READ. So, this is the story that I mentioned in chapter seventy-two of my first LoK story. Alot of you seemed to like the idea, so here it is...
15.9K 447 9
You are Bolin's twin and the youngest sibling by 13 minutes. Somehow you got the fire bender gene while your twin got the earth bending one. Your bro...
4.8K 298 17
Story contains the Following ships: Aang x Kireina (oc) Katara x Yun (oc) Toph x Ronor (oc) Azula x Ty Lee, gxg WARNING: Occasional curse words, alth...
46.9K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...