The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 39: Chelsea

2.3K 46 2
By goldendragon225

Korra POV

Sick? What does he mean sick?

Korra: "What do you mean you're sick?" He seems to sway a little, he limps over and slides to the ground against a tree.

You: "I don't know, I got ambushed by some people in a forest I was walking through. They shot these arrows at me, next thing I know, I've gotten a dozen arrows throughout my body and can't heal myself. But what was really weird was that they just stopped firing once they saw me stop healing. It was like, that was their goal... Korra, I'm being hunted by somebody."

Korra: "So are you trying to say someone sent these people after you?" He shrugs.

You: "I'm not ruling that out, but I know they definitely had alternate motives other than food or me trespassing on their land. They would have taken me then, but they didn't." I hear two sets of footsteps come up behind us. I turn to see Mako and Wu.

Mako: "Woah, what happened dude?" M/N looks up at him, but just shakes his head and looks back down. I could tell he was exhausted.

Wu: "What in the heck happened to this freak!?" Oh no... I hear M/N shift around and stand.

You: "Who the hell are you calling a freak Pipsqueak?" He says, standing over Wu.

Wu: "Hey! I'm about to be crowned King of The Earth Kingdom! Watch your tone with me." M/N's claws shoot out. I see Wu jump back. "I told you he was a freak!"

You: "Who the hell is this dipshit?" He says looking at me. "There is no way in hell he is going to be the new Earth King." I shrug.

Korra: "He is the great-nephew of Hou-Ting, he's being crowned tomorrow." I see Wu cross his arms and stick his tongue out at M/N. All I see is a blur of gray, the next thing I know M/N's claws are pressed against Wu's throat.

You: "One, never mess with someone who can kill you. Two, if you are going to be king, start acting like it. Three, if you call me freak one more time, I won't hold back. And four, you are an idiot." M/N pulls his claws back and retracts them, I can hear him breathing heavily.

Korra: "You need to rest." He looks at me, then shakes his head.

You: "No, I don't want any of you around when these people find me again, you could get hurt. I'll be fine, it was, nice, to see you guys again." Then he walks off, putting his hood back up in the process.

Mako: "Korra, what's wrong with him?" I watch him walk away.

Korra: "We don't let him leave the city, understand me? Get Lin and make sure we have eyes on him at all times." He nods and walks off with Wu. I watch him turn onto the street and begin walking down it. I notice the sword on his back again. Why would he need a sword?

Your POV

It was around 11 at night when I hear the scream, it sounded like a young woman. I groan but head towards the sound. I turn down an alleyway that intersects another alley about a hundred feet away. When I reach it, I see a girl maybe a few years older than me backed against the wall with a large man in front of her.

Woman: "Leave me alone you freak!"

Man: "Oh, come on baby. You aren't thinkin' straight, why don't I take you home so you can relax and get out of those tight clothes." The woman tries to slap him but he grabs her hand before she can. "Well, I'm sure you can see how this may be a problem."

Woman: "Get away from me!" She tries to pull her hand back.

Man: "Oh, I don't think I can let that happen. You might try and hit me again."

You: "Hey! Leave her alone!" They both turn to me.

Man: "So, is this your "boyfriend" who supposedly treats you so well?" Oh no, I know I did not just get into the middle of a bad break up.

Woman: "Yea! And he's gonna kick your ass if you don't leave me alone from now on!" Oh, greaaaat, just what I needed, to be used as a body guard.

Man: "Well, we'll see just how strong this little pansy ass is." He pulls out a long sword, obviously out of balance. I pull the dual broadswords I had taken from a gang of bandits, Poseidon trained me on how to wield them and I figured they would come in handy if I was ever trying to keep my identity secret. "You think those little things are gonna be able to stop me?" He runs at me and brings his sword above his head then swings down, I cross mine and block his swing, then push his sword to the side and reach my other sword behind his leg and trip him, making him fall on his back. I put the sword to his throat and step on his wrist, making him release his blade. I kick it away and pull the sword back, I put them back together and sheath it... But as I do, I don't notice his hand was reaching into a hidden pocket about halfway down his pantleg. Before I can react, he sinks a small blade into my side. He takes off running as I fall to a knee. I look up and see the woman walking towards me.

Woman: "Are you ok?" I struggle but manage to stand.

You: "I'm fine, I suggest you stay away from this part of town at this hour though. It's not safe." She chuckles.

Woman: "I would if I could, but I can't afford much better." I sigh and look around.

You: "What's your name?"

Woman: "Chelsea Gardner. You?"

You: "M/N." She nods.

Chelsea: "No offense M/N, but you look pretty rough. Do you have a place to stay tonight?"

You: "I'll be fine, you should get home Chelsea, judging by how cocky that guy was I'm guessing he'll be back with some friends soon." I try to walk away, but stumble, that blade was killing me.

Chelsea: "You don't look fine, come on, I'll take you back to my place. You can stay there for the night, it's the least I can do." I hesitate but nod. I put an arm around her shoulder while the other covers my wound as we walk out.

*TIMESKIP*

About 15 minutes later we arrive at a run-down apartment complex. She leads me down a poorly lit hall and stops, room 112. She opens it up and helps me in.

Chelsea: "Sorry, it's not much." One bathroom, one bedroom, a small sofa, a countertop with a microwave on it, and a small fridge. "Here." She helps me sit down on the couch. Then I hear a high-pitched voice from the bedroom. A small girl walks out

???: "Mommy!" She runs over to Chelsea and jumps into a hug. Then she turns to me, she seems scared already. "Mommy, is that one of those people who want to take me?" What? Take her?

Chelsea: "No honey, this man is our guest, he saved mommy from a bad man." She looks at me again, this time smiling. "Holly, meet M/N." I try to smile, but grunt again, my side was killing me. I also see her become scared again.

Holly: "Mommy? Why are his teeth red?" Oh no...

Chelsea: "I'll go run and get some bandages." She puts a coat on and opens the door to walk out.

You: "It's fine."

Chelsea: "What? M/N your bleeding pretty bad." I put my hand up.

You: "I just need the blade out and a paper towel or something."

Chelsea: "Are you sure?" I nod and she closes the door. She walks into the bathroom and comes out with roll of toilet paper. "Will this work?" I nod and try to take off my sweatshirt, but have to stop, I couldn't raise my arm. "Here, I'll help you." She walks over and slides the sweatshirt over my head then down my arm. She does the same with my shirt. Then goes to turn on the lamp next to the couch. Oh crap.

You: "No wai-" Too late, she turns on the light and I see her eyes go wide. Holly runs behind her.

Holly: "Why! What's wrong with his tummy!" I look down and see the blades handle sticking out right under my chest. I also see where the arrowhead was lodged and a few other gashes still wet with blood.

Chelsea: "Your no normal fighter, are you?" I sigh and shake my head.

You: "I would show you, but I can't heal myself so I can't." She gasps.

Chelsea: "You're the-!" I put a finger to my lips. She stops and nods. "Are you the Dual Bender?" I nod. "Wait? No, isn't it the other one that can heal himself?" I nod again. Her jaw drops. "Y-you're the W-Wolverine too?" I nod.

You: "Like I said, I would show you, but the claws cut through my skin, and since I can't heal myself, I'd rather not." She nods.

Chelsea: "Why can't you heal anymore?"

You: "I was poisoned, whenever I get poisoned, depending on how strong it is. It tends to take my healing abilities away, I rarely even heal at a normal pace, like now. These wounds should have stopped bleeding by now, but they're still wet with blood." She nods. "Look away." She raises an eyebrow but turns around. I yank the blade out. "Gyaah!" I cough up droplets of blood.

Chelsea: "What the hell are you thinking?!" She throws me the roll of toilet paper and I push over the wound. About an hour later the bleeding finally slows. Jeez, it was like my body refused to heal. Holly was probably asleep by now. Chelsea heads into the bathroom and comes out about 20 minutes later in and old t-shirt and sweatpants. She walks over and sits next to me. "So, you're some kind of superhero huh?" I chuckle.

You: "I was for a little. I'm mostly just a wanderer and a ring fighter though." She nods.

Chelsea: "I wish I could just fight my way out... I've done a lot of things I wish I hadn't had to do just to give Holly a place to live." Oh no, she wasn't talking about that. Please don't be that. "So, I'm guessing you use those swords to keep your identity a secret?" I nod. "You're really skilled, who taught you?"

You: "The spirit of the sea."

Chelsea: "You know, in most cases I'd be shocked. But I've heard stories about you, so I guess I can believe that."

You: "Why was that guy so mad at you?" She looks away. A few minutes past and she still doesn't speak. "Weeeeell?"

Chelsea: "Jeez! Maybe you should just stop prying where you're not wanted!"

You: "Well, it seemed like you needed me in that alley." She glares at me.

Chelsea: "And it "seemed" like you needed me after." She spits back at me.

You: "Well, one, I would have never needed you if I didn't fight that guy to save you. And two, I didn't need you, I've been through worse." She stays silent for a while.

Chelsea: "I'm sorry, I-I just need some sleep, that's all." She gets off and heads into the bedroom where Holly was. I sit on the couch for a while before drifting off.

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

I wake up and look outside the window. I grunt as I stand, I grab my sweatshirt and walk out. I don't want to be here too long and then have somebody going after them too. I walk into the parking lot, but as soon as I do, 7 or 8 guys come walking out from around the corner, each has some kind of sword or club.

Man: "You're the prick who thought he could get away with taking "my girlfriend" huh?" I see the guys surround me.

You: "So?"

Man2: "Nobody messes with the boss."

Man3: "Yea, ain't nobody ever done gotten away with that." I chuckle, obviously infuriating them.

You: "Well, I think I got away with it."

Man: "Alright that's it you cocky bastard!"

You: "Whoa! Hey, let's watch the language boys." They all run at me, I sigh and pull out my swords. 'Here we go again.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 830 28
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
35.8K 1.4K 15
Water and fire are never to mix. The flames would be extinguished, and the water would be boiled. Either way, it is a dangerous affair to attempt to...
45.2K 1.2K 18
Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. The four elements of the world. There was four nations. Each one named after their element but one nation wanted to be i...
4.8K 298 17
Story contains the Following ships: Aang x Kireina (oc) Katara x Yun (oc) Toph x Ronor (oc) Azula x Ty Lee, gxg WARNING: Occasional curse words, alth...