Family Ties (BOOK V)

By daexstories

secrets, lies, and FAMILY TIES.. More

Cast.
prologue
Question
1.
2.
3.
4
5.
6.
7
8.
9.
10.
11.
12
13
14
15
16
17
18.
19.
20
21
22
Note
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Hey you guys
31
32
33
34
36
37
37.5- flashbacks
flashbacks-2
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
Author Info Challenge 💓
48
49
50.
51
52
🤷🏽‍♀️
53
54
55.
56
57
58
59
60
...
Heeey

35

981 59 22
By daexstories

You killed me mommy. You killed all of us. We all died because of you. It's all your fault. You shouldn't have killed me Mommy, you could have kept my sister and my brother, but you killed me. I had to take them.  It's all your fault. You hurt my daddy. He disappeared because of you.

After calling all the numbers that Dr.Williams gave him, he finally located Damita. She was at an institution called Chesterfield. 

It was about an hour out of town, but he drove there without hesitation.  It was big like a house or a boarding school. It had little to no windows and big white columns surrounding the doors. It was very nice but was still no place for his baby.

He walked in and he could see several patients walking around. Some of them looked normal and others of them were banging their heads against the walls, talking to themselves, scratching and shaking.

"May I help you sir?"A heavy set blonde woman walked up to him.

"I'm looking for my wife."Amaru responded as he eyes scanned the room.

"Ok, let me take you to visitation."She smiled and started to walk in front of him.

"Oh no, I don't want to visit. I want to take her home."Amaru replied. "I don't think she should be here. She's fine and her doctor thinks so too."

"Well, if she's a voluntary patient we need her consent before you're able to take her. She also has to have been here for at least 48 hours before she can leave."The woman explained to him as they continued to walk down the cold hallways.

Some patients doors were open and they just looked crazy. He didn't see her like he saw them. He didn't think she needed to be here, she wasn't like them.

"She's been here 4 days."Amaru replied lowly. It saddened him that he hadn't spoken to her in that long.  He needed to hold her and kiss her.

"Well, if she's good you should be able to take her then. Do you have her psychiatrist's contact number and a Mental evaluation?"The woman asked.

"Yes ma'am.  That's what took me so long to come and get her." Amaru explained.

"What's your wife's name? If you don't mind me asking?"She asked as they continued walking.

"Her name is Damita Shakur."He replied with a small sigh. He was tired of talking about her, he wanted to her in his presence.

"Short, brown skinned and quiet?"She asked and he nodded his head. "Yeah. That's her."

"Maybe you can get her to talk. Since she's been here, she won't talk. All she told me was her name."She replied.

Amaru didn't respond, he didn't have anything to say. 

They started to walk up a small flight of stairs before reaching several open doors. "Alright. This is her room. I'm going to let you talk and visit with her. Since you're her husband, we don't have to supervise the visit. Give me all the documents that you brought and all take them downstairs. I'll be back in a few minutes to tell you what they say."She explained and Amaru nodded once again.

"Thank you."

He walked into her room and she was sitting in a chair writing something. The doctors gave her a journal to document how she's feeling during her stay.

He didn't want to scare her, so he knocked on the metal frame surrounding the door and she turned around.

She looked up at him and gave him a toothless smile. "Hi baby"

"I missed you."Amaru bit down on his lip. He walked towards her and sat down on the bed that stood across from her chair.

"I've missed you too."She smiled and looked down, fidgeting with her hands.

"Then come home with me. I miss you, the kids miss you. The house isn't functioning without you. You have to come home."He sighed, holding on to her hands.

"I can't."Damita sighed and looked away. "I can't leave. I don't want to hurt you baby."She continued as tears began to drop from her eyes.

"Hurt me? How could you ever?"He asked, looking her in the eyes. "You'll get better if I take care of you. You have to come home with me."

"They're after me. They want me to hurt you. They told me."Damita cried on his shoulder. "They're mad at me because I won't do it. You're my baby, I can't hurt you."

"Who? Who's after you baby, I'll beat they ass. Who did it?"Amaru asked, hugging her tightly.

"I can't tell you. They'll get mad at me."Damita sighed and shook her head.

Amaru held her close to him and kissed her on the forehead. "Baby. I'm going to help you. I'll protect you, nobody is going to get you as long as I'm here."

She laid on his shoulder and he continued to hug her tight.

"You have to tell them. You have to tell them to leave me alone."She cried on his shoulder.

"I will, but you have to come with me. They won't come home with us."He responded.

Dr.Williams told him that he had to buy into what she was saying sometimes. No matter how ridiculous it sounded.

"How do you know?"She cried and looked up from his shoulder. Her eyes were stained with fear. She's never needed him more than she needs him now.

The things that her first child told her as she slept made her afraid to be with her husband.  She knew that she was miserable without him, but he convinced her that Amaru was miserable with her.

Amaru was the only person who could pull her out of this. She just didn't know it yet. Her "demons" did. That's why they convinced her to leave.

"I told them that they can't come with us. Just come home with us, I'll protect you from them."Amaru encouraged her.

He grabbed her hand and tried to pull her out of the chair. "Wait."She stopped him before getting up.

"What's wrong?"He asked, letting her take her seat again.

"You have to tell them."Damita sighed and placed her hands over her eyes.

Before he could speak, the nurse from earlier walked into the room.

"According to her mental evaluation, Mrs.Shakur is well enough that she can live life outside of this hospital. I'd recommend that she sees her psychiatrist at least twice a week and stays on top of her medication so that this doesn't happen again."She explained to Amaru.

"I need the both of you to sign this form saying that we released her to you."She instructed, handing Amaru a clipboard. "Damita, here's your medicine for the day."

She handed her a small cup and two pills on a small tray. Damita looked as if she didn't want to take them but she did anyway and handed the woman the tray back.

Amaru then passed the clipboard to Damita so that she could sign her name.

"Thank you. If you're ready you can leave now. Go up to the front desk and get your things."She said before walking out of the room.

"Come on Baby, lets go."Amaru tried to grab Damita's hand, but she didn't come.

"No! You have to tell them to stay here."She raised her voice.

"How about we pray instead."Amaru intervened and she obliged.

Amaru kneeled down in front of Damita and grabbed her hands. The both of them closed their eyes and Amaru started to speak.

"Dear lord, I pray that you rid my wife of this demon that has taken her away from me. I need you to guide her back to happiness and rid of these negative thoughts that she can't shake."He prayed and she started to cry once again.

"Amen."He finished.

"Amen."She replied.

He raised up from the floor and kissed his wife on the lips. "I love you. So much and we're going to get through this. They can't hurt you anymore."

"I love you too."She sniffled and grabbed his hand, allowing him to pull her out of the chair.

"Let's go home."He smiled and picked her up from the floor, making her giggle at him.

He missed her laugh, he hadn't heard it in almost two weeks. He was so ready to take her home.

They had lots of making up to do. 😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 615 37
❝𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙩, 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚.❞ 𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙔: it was a new decade and janet was newly single and during a...
9.9K 618 35
17.3K 1.1K 62
just read and figure out ;)
7K 328 29
❝𝙞 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙, 𝙞 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙚'𝙧�...