The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision

2.4K 53 4
By goldendragon225

Your POV

There she is, lying dead in front of me. Everything turns black, I only see her... Korra, lying motionless, and lifeless, in front of me. I couldn't do anything but scream.

Gaea: 'M/N! You Must Calm Down! It's Not Real M/N! It's Not Real!' No! I feel control slipping away.

???: 'Congratulations... You've released the animal...' I scream again, something was digging in my head. It felt like it was tearing me apart. God, the pain was unbearable. 'Let me take control... I can make you whole again, I can make you strong enough to kill the man who did this.'

Gaea: 'NO! M/N Whatever You Do Don't Listen To Him!' I fought it as long as I could, but eventually came to terms, I couldn't stop whatever was doing this... 'I'm sorry... I can't fight it anymore... It's too much.' Then everything goes black.

Korra POV

Toph: "What was that kid thinking!? He should never have come back to the swamp!" I see him kneeling through some vines.

Korra: "There!" I jump through the vines... I was about to walk up to him, but something was wrong... He had tears on his cheeks. "M/N...?" He raises his head from his hands, then turns it slightly to look at me... "Oh god..." I couldn't even describe what I was seeing... His pupils were glowing F/C... But... The whites of his eyes were now pure black, he also had black circles around his eyes.

You: "Hello... Korra..."

Your POV

What the hell is going on!? She was just dea- Oh no... it was the swamp! Damnit! What the hell is going on!? I have no control, I'm just sitting there... watching...

???: 'Well, this is rather unfortunate.'

You: "Who are you!? What did you do to me!?"

???: 'Remember something, F/N. You will never be "normal." You will always have that animal within you... And one day... I am going to release that animal... And show her.' He says as I see Korra appear in the darkness. 'What you truly are.'

Korra POV

Korra: "M/N? What's going on?"

You: "Korra, I've lied to you, I've never loved you." What?

Korra: "M/N..." I say, feeling tears begin to form.

You: "I was only here to make sure you didn't get hurt, but I've realized something, all these years, you've just held me back. I am not who you think I am Korra. I fight and kill for sport, and I knew you'd have the strongest enemies for me to fight, but now that you're broken down and weak, no one will come to fight you. You are useless to me now." I couldn't stand it anymore, I turn around and walk away, feeling the tears begin to fall.

Your POV

I open my eyes and see Toph standing there.

You: "Where's Korra?"

Toph: "It wasn't you, was it?" What?

You: "What wasn't me?" I ask her.

Toph: "You just told her you didn't love her and that she's been holding you back, and some other stuff, not good stuff either." What?! 'I told you... I will take everything you love away' You... 'When I find you... I swear to god you are going to die, and it "Will Not." Be quick, or painless.' I get up and turn towards Toph.

You: "Where did she go?" She points behind her.

Toph: "Listen kid, I know that wasn't you, but she doesn't, I'm guessing she won't want to see you right now."

You: "I don't care, I'm going to find her." I say as I walk past her.

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

I arrive at a large tree, but see a large bison flying away in the distance, I know Korra's on it.

*TIMESKIP*

I follow the path of the bison, I eventually realize it's heading for Zaofu, but when I get there... There's an army at the door front of the city. I quickly knock out and steal a guard's uniform and infiltrate the base. I sleep in a bunk there overnight, but am awoken by the sounds of sirens. I walk out and see... Oh no... Sue, Wei, and Wing, surrounded. Some woman encloses them in some kind of metal suit. I decide I'd sneak them out later, they'd be heavily guarded tonight.

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

Well, I found out that Korra is going to battle Kuvira today, I'm sure that will go swell. I decide I will make my move to free Sue and her kids right after the fight. I put my mask on and get a spot on the front lines right next to Sue. The fight between Korra and Kuvira begins, although it's obvious that Korra is highly outmatched. All the soldiers around me cheer as Korra is thrown to the ground.

Soldier1: "Some avatar am I right?"

Soldier2: "She's no match for Kuvira."

Soldier3: "Yea! We don't need you anymore "avatar!" I feel myself begin to anger. Then one soldier says something that pushes me over the edge.

Soldier1: "Yea! We don't need you! You worthless piece of trash!" That's it! I walk over to the man and grab him by his neck, then raise him off the ground.

You: "Take it back!"

Soldier: "Wh-what?" He manages to spit out. I tighten my grip on his throat and heat up my hand.

You: "Take Back What You Said About Korra!!" I feel my mask fly off.

Soldier: "I-I'm sorry... I-I take it b-back." I drop him and he begins gasping for air. Then I walk over to where Sue, Wei, and Wing were. I extend my claws and cut off where they're welded then they split into two pieces.

You: "Are you ok?" I ask Sue.

Sue: "Yes, thank you for saving us." Then I turn to Kuvira. "I suggest you leave." She scoffs at me.

Kuvira: "And who do you think you are? I have an army." The soldiers cheer. 'Gaea, let's show them what we've got.'

Gaea: 'Gladly.' I feel the power begin coursing through me.

Jinora POV

His eyes begin to glow much like Korra's do when she enters the avatar state. Then I see him raise his fist, and he punches the ground. I see spears of earth begin tearing through Kuvira's army, but he doesn't stop there. He turns to the mechs, and begins creating pools of lava at their base, then he begins shooting pieces of earth the size of satomobiles at the airships. He was decimating an entire army, I couldn't believe it, and from the look on Korra's face, neither could she.

Your POV

I feel the power begin to fade, the whitish tint goes away and everything returns to normal. 'Thanks.' I say to Gaea.

Gaea: 'My pleasure, this woman has made a mockery of "my" kingdom, I will do anything it takes to restore its honor.' I turn to face Kuvira.

Kuvira: "You are a monster! I'll be back! And next time... I'll have a way to beat you..." She says as she walks away and disappears into her army. I turn back to Korra and offer her a hand up, but she just hits it away and struggles up.

Korra: "I don't want your help. Why are you even here?" Alright, what the hell?

You: "Korra, what's going on?"

Korra: "What do you mean what's going on?! You know what you said! I know what you're actually here for!" What!?

You: "What did I say?!" She looks at me confused, then turns her back to me and limps away. I just stand there, until she enters the city and is out of sight. I turn around and walk away.

Gaea: 'M/N!? What are you doing?' Gaea yells at me. 'I'm leaving, it's obvious that whatever I said, it hurt her... She doesn't want me here anymore.'

Gaea: 'So that's it? You're just going to leave?' I sigh. 'Yes, she doesn't want me near her. If that makes her happy, then I'll leave.'

*TIMESKIP*

3 Days Later

Your POV

Man: "It's time to die Wolverine!" He sends a few rocks flying my way, a slip in between the first two and slide under the third. Then I punch the ground, sending a shockwave at his feet. He stumbles and loses his balance, I jump up and sink my claws into his chest. "What are you?" He says as blood trickles from his mouth. I remove my claws and he falls to the ground.

You: "A man, who's been broken far too many times..." I say as I walk away.

*TIMESKIP*

2 Days Later

Your POV

As I'm walking through a forest I hear a snap. I turn around to see an arrow a few feet away. It sinks into my chest, then I feel another in my back, they just keep coming. After maybe 10 minutes of this they finally stop, but when I pull one out, I see a green substance on the tip. Shit, I don't see the wound heal and I know that whatever this was took my healing away again, or at least it's gone until it's out of my system. I look up to see where they could have come from next, but see nobody.

You: "Who's there?! Come out and fight me if you want a battle I'm all for it!" Nothing, I force myself back to my feet and keep walking... 'You are going back to the way you were before M/N...' Oh my- 'I Don't Care! My life's been a shithole anyways.' I keep walking and wait for a response... 'Not all of it...'

*TIMESKIP*

1 Week Later

Your POV

I reach the top of the mountain I was climbing and see it in the distance, Republic City.

Gaea: 'So you came here to find Korra?' 'No, I came here to make sure she's better, I know she was having flashbacks of Zaheer. I need to make sure they've stopped.' I begin traversing down the mountain side. After about half an hour I decide to take a quicker route, I jump onto a steeply sloped hill and skid down it. I reach the bottom in a few minutes then walk towards the city. Before I enter I put my hood up, I don't want any unneeded trouble or attention.

Gaea: 'It's been a long time since I've seen you like this M/N.' I hear Gaea say. 'Gaea, I'm not going to talk to her. She obviously hates me for whatever I said to her. It must have been worse than what Toph told me.' I walk to a park in the center of the city, I read the sign as I walk in. "Avatar Korra Park." Then I see her, Korra. She was talking to a short, tan boy. He had slicked back dark brown hair. I lean up against the side of a tree and listen in on their conversation.

Wu: "What do ya say Avatar Korra? You, Me. Dinner, tonight, anywhere you'd like."

Korra: "Wu, I told you, I have a boyfriend." What? "And he's standing right over there. I was about to go walk over... Until I see Mako walk up and kiss her. I feel a hole in my stomach, and a pain in my chest... I think I'm gonna be sick. I walk over to the stream and throw up. When I look down, blood... I get up and walk over to a bridge that crosses the river, but before I make it over, I puke again, more blood. I feel the wound in my side begin to sting again.

Gaea: 'You need to take that arrowhead out.' Oh, great. 'I can't heal myself anymore Gaea. It would be idiotic to try right now.' I try and walk again, but have to stop at the other end of the bridge. 'See?' Oh, my- 'Fine!' I slowly begin to metalbend the pointed piece of metal out. I grunt as it exits. I reach under my shirt and grab it, then bring it into the light. I notice a small discoloration on it... Poison, and from the looks of the point, very acidic. I drop it and try to walk away, until I hear her voice...

Korra POV

I pull back from Mako and look over to see someone with a sword sheath on their back in a hooded sweatshirt puking... blood? They were kneeling in front of the river puking blood. They stand up and I'm guessing it's a man by their size. He walks up to the top of the bridge, then begins puking again, more blood. He walks to the other side of the bridge and stops... a few seconds later they reach under their shirt, and I can't tell what it is, but whatever it was, it was sharp. I run over as he begins walking, well, more like limping away. I bend down and pick up the small thing, it looked like an arrowhead... But it was a different color at the tip, I also notice that it's stained with blood.

Korra: "Hey!" I run up to the man, he stops but doesn't turn around. "Are you ok? I saw you puking up blood, then you pulled an arrowhead from your chest." He starts walking again.

You: "I'm fine, I don't need your help." He waves his hand at me, but I see it, 3 scars in between his knuckles... I only know one person who has scars like those...

Korra: "What happened to you?" He stops walking, then turns around to face me. He takes off his hood and looks up... I feel the air leave my lungs. His face was a mess, his lip was cut and swollen, he had a black eye, while the other was must have had a broken blood vessel because there was a large blood stain on the white of it. He has multiple burns, cuts, and bruises all over his cheeks and chin. His forehead had two large slashes across it, which each left a trail of blood streaming down.

You: "Korra... I'm sick..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 830 28
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
16.7K 457 11
(Y/n) (L/n) is your average leaf village Shinobi. He's not from any special clan, has no special abilities, nothing special at all. All he has is his...
45.2K 1.2K 18
Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. The four elements of the world. There was four nations. Each one named after their element but one nation wanted to be i...
7.7K 181 13
WARNING!: If you have not read the previous 2 books (Love is the air) (May the spirits be in our favour), I highly recommend reading those before rea...