Another Wrong Turn?

By bellaPiiink

Victoria Strauss’ life is perfect. She has her adventurous friends, her pain-in-the-butt brother and of cours... More

Another Wrong Turn?
Prologue: My Boyfriend Cheated On Me - Ouch.
Chapter One: Meet Vince Strauss, My Annoying Brother
Chapter Two: The Bubblegum-ish Thing
Chapter Three: The Jones Brothers
Chapter Four: My Brother and Best Friend?!
Chapter Five: Alone with Ian at His House
Chapter Six: My Best Friends Awesome Partners
Chapter Seven: I'm A Love Doctor
Chapter Eight: Friendly Date with Ian
Chapter Nine: Two Guys Fighting For Me... HELP!
Chapter Ten: My Heartbroken Brother
Chapter Eleven: Lance Begged For Me
Chapter Twelve: I'm In A Freaking Play... The Heck?
Chapter Thirteen: Practicing to be Elizabeth Bennet
Chapter Fourteen: Our Very First Kiss - Very Public
Chapter Fifteen: Evan's Warning
Chapter Sixteen: At the Carnival
Chapter Seventeen: Ian's Eighteenth Birthday Party
Chapter Eighteen: Letting Me Go
Chapter Twenty: Mending Another Broken Heart
Chapter Twenty-One: Surprising News
Chapter Twenty-Two: Being Gullible Might Be a Good Thing
Chapter Twenty-Three: Locked Out
Chapter Twenty-Four: Mom's Home... Call 911!
Chapter Twenty-Five: Say You Love Me
Chapter Twenty-Six: Meet Philip Kavanagh
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Taken
Chapter Twenty-Eight: His Perfect Revenge
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Sensation of Burning
Epilogue: A Crazy Happy Ever After
Author's Note

Chapter Nineteen: Diamond Necklace

3.5K 79 3
By bellaPiiink

            “Oh my gosh, what am I going to wear?” Suzanne wailed.

            Miranda smirked. “I never thought I’d see the day that the mighty fashion-lover Suzanne Rodriguez would ever wail what she’s going to wear on a date.”

            I laughed as I watched Suzanne glared at her. “Well, this is the most serious relationship I ever had! Of course I’m going to be careful on what I wear.”

            “I think Vince will like you whatever you’ll wear,” I offered, smiling at her.

            She smiled at me gratefully. “Thanks, Victoria.”

            “Well, he would like you even more if he sees your clothes on his floor,” I said jokingly, making Suzanne blush and Miranda laugh.

            “Ugh, never mind, you guys! You never help me if I have some problems,” Suzanne complained, marching out her room.

            Miranda and I laughed once again and when we stopped, we were breathless.

            It’s Saturday afternoon and Vince and Suzanne were going on a double date with Evan and Miranda later this evening. Vince told me that he’s planning something big tonight and when I told Suzanne this, she got pretty excited and began complaining what to wear. She demanded us to help her so here we are now, trapped inside her room.

            Miranda, however, chose to wear her casual black “bad-girl-type” clothes. She said Evan needs to deal whatever she wears and I will know he won’t complain. He told me yesterday when I called him that he’s going to be pretty serious with Miranda. He said he never felt this way before and I’m happy for him and Miranda.

            I smiled sadly and sighed. My friends already have their happy love lives. Even Miranda seems happy—who I never thought would be stuck with one guy. When would I find someone who I can call mine? When would I find someone like Suzanne’s Vince? When would I find someone like Miranda’s Evan?

            After my talk with Ian last Monday afternoon, we started spending time together again like nothing happened. Sure, I still love him and all but we never spoke about the kiss he gave me that time.

            Sure, I was kissed a lot of times—well, mostly by Lance. But that kiss is so different. So real and so right. The kiss he gave me was his own choice—not because he’s in a play or he’s drunk. It was his own choice and I wanted to believe that he does have feelings for me.

            The door suddenly opened, revealing a happy bouncing Suzanne. “You two—out! I’m changing!” she demanded, still grinning like an idiot.

            “You found something to wear?” Miranda asked, still lying on Suzanne’s bed comfortably.

            She nodded. “Yep! My Mom gave this to me.” Suzanne raised her hand, which was around a pink casual dress. “She said it’s her good luck dress so… I was thinking maybe it’ll give me some luck, too.”           

            I got up from the chair that I was sitting and faked a smile at my two best friends. “Now you have your dress, I think it’s my cue to go now, don’t you think? There’s nothing I could do here anymore.”

            “Oh… yeah. Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow?” Suzanne said, smiling.

            I smirked. “In my brother’s room?”

            Again, she blushed and Miranda laughed. “Well, you said there’s no-sex rule when you two live together!” Suzanne argued.

            “Ah, but I can keep a secret, right?”

            She rolled her eyes at me. “By now, you should really leave my house.”

            I laughed. “Whatever.” And without another word, I left the room.

            “I’m home!” I shouted as I shut the door behind me.

            When no one answered, I shrugged and walked upstairs to my room. Maybe Vince already left or went out to buy some last-minute preparations of his important double date.

            On my fifth step, a hand suddenly tapped my shoulders, making me scream in surprise and trip on my step. Luckily, the one who startled me was strong enough to hold my waist and stop me from falling.

            The grip on my waist loosened so I was able to turn around and face the person behind me. I knew it was Vince—who would be staying inside my house, then? But when I glanced at the person behind me, I gasped, startled. “What are you doing here?”

            Ian shrugged. “I was here since two in the afternoon and I was waiting for three hours. Where were you?”

            “At Suzanne’s. Why didn’t you call me? And who let you in?”

            He laughed. “Take it easy with the questions, Victoria. I did call you but your phone was off. Vince let me in but he already left so he could buy some things for his date tonight. Any more questions?”

            “Yes. Why are you here?”

            He grinned. “Straight to the point, are we? Well, I was thinking that you might be lonely tonight because your best friend and your brother are going out. So I was thinking maybe I can keep you some company?”

            I blinked. “You want to spend time with me?”

            “Sure, why not? Maybe I can sort out my feelings too.”

            A moment of silence passed. Then a smile appeared on my face. “Sure, you can stay here. What do—?”

            “No, I was thinking maybe we could go to my house?”

            I frowned at that. “What? Why would we stay in your house when we’re in my house?”

            “Well, there’s something I wanted to show you.”

            “Then why didn’t you bring it here?”

            He rolled his eyes. “Are you coming or what?”

            I laughed. “Yes, Mr. Impatient.”

            Ian’s hand enveloped to mine and my heart skipped a beat. Sure, he holds my hands a lot of times now but my heart always flutters whenever it happens. I smiled as he dragged me outside my house. When I looked out at my driveway, I frowned. “Where’s your car?”

            “I didn’t bring it.”

            “Why?”

            “Well, I don’t want to.”

            “Remember what Evan said? About bringing a car when you have a girl?”

            He rolled his eyes. “Whatever. You still love me if I don’t have a car.”

            I was so thankful that it was almost six in the evening and it was a little bit dark so he couldn’t see the blush blooming on my cheeks. Of course I’ll still love him without a car.

            I smiled. I’ll love him no matter what happens.

            The cab stopped in front Ian’s house and he pulled out his wallet, paying the driver. The taxi driver grinned as he grabbed the payment and winked at us. “You two use some protection. We don’t want your girlfriend to get pregnant in her teenage years, do we?”

            I blushed so much that I thought my whole body was turning red. Ian just laughed. “Sure, thank you for the reminder. We always use protection. Don’t we, baby?”

            I feigned a gasp and punched his arm softly. “Don’t you give away our secrets!”

            Ian laughed again and waved his hand at the taxi driver. “Thanks for the drive.”

            “Sure. And don’t forget—protection!”

            Ian opened the car door of the cab and the two of us got out. When the taxi left his driveway, I burst out laughing. “You jerk! Why did you say that?”

            He smirked at me. “You never know that something will happen.”

            I rolled my eyes and looked away at him so he couldn’t see the blush on my cheeks. My heart was beating so fast that it hurts. No one but the two of us are going to stay inside the house. Evan is on a date with Miranda… Oh my God, what will happen?

            I slapped my face mentally. Good God, Victoria, pull yourself together! Of course nothing can happen! He’s not even sure what he feels and he’s sober now! There’s no way he’s going to make out with you!

            But one can still hope.

            I suddenly laughed out loud at my perverted thoughts. When did I suddenly start craving someone’s touch and kisses? When I was with Lance, I was never like this. Huh, there’s just something in Ian that makes me turned on.

            “What are you laughing at?” Ian asked, opening the front door.

            I blushed. Crap. “Nothing.”

            “Yeah, right. I suppose you just laughed because you’re bored?”

            I grinned. “Maybe.”

            As I stepped in Ian’s house, my heart beating so fast. What is it that he wants me to see? Would it be a candlelight dinner? Or a bed full of red roses? Or a bathtub with rose petals—?

            I slapped my face mentally again. What the hell? I’m really turning into a pervert. And it’s all Ian’s fault.

            “Come here,” Ian called out as he held my hand, dragging me upstairs to a room I’ve never been before.

            “Whose room is this?” I asked.

            “It was my parents.”

            “Ah.”

            He gently opened the door and I stepped in as he switched on the lights. The room was big and spacious—just like every master’s bedroom. Huh, why do all the parents have the big room?

            “When my brother and I arrived here last January after the fire, we realized that my Mother didn’t bring the diamond necklace to London that my Father gave her when they got married. That diamond necklace was something she cherish and we were deeply troubled why she didn’t bring it to London.”

            “Really?” I said, frowning. Why is he telling me this?

            “Yeah.” Together, we trudged to a desk beside the bed. Ian opened the drawer, revealing a blue jewelry box. He let go of my hand to pick it up with both of his hands. Even though my hand suddenly felt cold and empty, I can’t help admiring the jewelry box.

            Jewelry wasn’t my thing sometimes—maybe because I don’t wear jewelry that much. But when Ian opened the jewelry box, my eyes widened as I saw the diamond necklace lying neatly inside. It was just perfect, so beautiful… Ian picked it up gently and sat on the bed. He looked up at me, smiling, and patted the space beside him.

            I sat beside him, my eyes still on the beautiful diamond necklace on his hand. What is he going to do with it? “Victoria, I wanted you to have this. You made me happy all this time. I never thought I’d be happy again ever since… ever since Patricia died. But you came along and you made me smile.”

            I looked up at him and we locked eyes. I wanted to believe him. I wanted to kiss him so badly. But a voice was screaming inside my head, He just wanted you because you look like her! He doesn’t love you for who you are! You look like Patricia and that’s what he only likes about you!

            But I love him. I love Ian and I trust him.

            “I never thought I’d be happy again, too,” I admitted. “After Lance hurt me, I never thought I’d love again. And now here I am…”

            I stared at him, surprised, when he placed the necklace around my neck. Then he kissed my lips softly. I kissed him back and before I know it, my back was on the bed and he was hovering on top of me.

            I didn’t know how long we stayed there, making out, but when he whispered those next four words, my heart stopped beating and everything just came crashing down.

            He whispered, “I love you, Patricia.”

            Patricia. Not Victoria.

Hey there! :) Sorry for the short chapter, but I wasn't in the mood to write. :( And I'm sorry for the very late update, I was in a vacation and I just arrived at 12 am. xD Hahaha. And I'm sorry for the cliffhanger. Lol, I have a lot to apologize for. :)) Hahaha. Well, anyways, I hope you liked it. :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 701 27
Believe in Me tells the story of Meghan Tyler, a girl in a boy's world. Young, determined, and beautiful Meghan is trying to play the sport she loves...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
7.4M 207K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
88.4K 2.8K 30
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...