Alpha Faye

By Midika

*BOOK EIGHT* (Can be read as standalone) *Mature Content Involved* "Caught between two lovers, but which one... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Twenty One

23.5K 1.6K 652
By Midika

This banner is absolutely stunning, you did a great job ParisCantaPineda I love it, thank you! (:

If you would like to send your banners or fan art drawings for Faye in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Also, a reminder that Alpha Rylan is now available for purchase on Amazon in its published copy!!!

Word Count: 1963

~Faye

I can't explain why, but hearing that hit me right in the chest.

Tayten is plain beautiful. She has the same natural, foreign beauty T has, that has intrigued me the entire time he has been here. When I look at this stranger in front of me, I see her and T being perfect for each other, possibly even being mates. The thought of that, no matter how much I dispute it, has gotten under my skin, and now I can't ignore it.

"We can bring you inside, to see him," I say, my voice shaking slightly, and not from fear of her. I hate myself for feeling this way. T would simply laugh at me for even considering unwanted feelings coming in.

I've fallen right into his plan.

Tayten's dark gaze entwines with mine, and I realise at that moment, she's suspicious. In her position, I would be too, considering how she could only communicate with T through some magically book, which anyone could pick up, including me.

"You're with him, aren't you?" he questions breathily, her expression slightly falling. I instantly acted stunned, but I know exactly what she is referring to. Or, who she is referring to.

"I'm not," I reply carefully. "T and I do not have that kind of relationship."

"It wouldn't surprise me if he fell for you. You are beautiful. If T was here, he would have made a joke about how I'm attracted to both male and females," she says eerily.

Cal and I exchange a glance. "That's okay, Tayten. Just...please, believe me when I say T and I have nothing with each other."

She shakes her head at me, as if my truthful words brush right over her head. T may tease and play around near me, but I know that's his way of using me, getting into my head. I want to explain that to Tayten, but it's as if my mind can't assemble the appropriate words that would make sense to her. It doesn't help that they don't even make sense to myself.

"I can see that you're lying to me," she says, her voice raising slightly. Cal tenses, knowing she might make a move at any second. I can feel the one opportunity slipping out of my fingers already.

"Tayten, listen, we are here to help you. If you tell us who T really is, and why he is here, then we can get him back to you. Alpha Faye is not in a relationship with T, because she is...with me. Please, any information on him would help," Cal says softly, trying to prompt information out of her, without coming off too suspicious.

I send him a burning glare.

"Why wouldn't he tell you? Does he not want to be here? Is he being held captive by you?" she questions, beginning to stand. No, we ruined it.

I take a step forward. "Tayten, you don't understand how important this is. We will let T go, if you are honest with us."

The girl shakes her head, giving us both one last look before she turned, running back down the small hill into the forest. Instantly, Cal follows, with me behind him. He's fast, but so is she. Keeping behind Cal, I try my best to see where Tayten is in front of me. Through the darkness, it's hard to see, but Cal, the expert Huntsman knows exactly what to do.

"Stay back," I hear him say through rushed breath. "Go and get your guards, and I will try lead her back."

At his words, I fall back, knowing that's the best option right now. He doesn't turn back, continuing to run through the forest after the fleeing girl. I don't hesitate, knowing the job that I need to do. So, I weave through the branches as quickly as possible, finding my way back to my guards that are waiting for their orders to approach.

The moment I'm back, I'm send them to guard the edge of the forest, not to go in. I trust that Cal can do this himself. He will hunt her down until she is brought back here ready to answer all or questions about T.

I keep this mentality until I'm sitting on the steps to the garden, cold from the night, waiting for Cal to come back.

When he does, the solemn look on his face looks tells all.

"What happened?" I ask, struggling to my feet. Sitting in the same place for perhaps over an hour on concretes steps has locked all my limbs into place. "Where's Tayten."

Cal doesn't have his bow, or his arrows, meaning he left them in the forest. The sight of that alone makes me increasingly nervous. For all the time that I've known Cal, he hasn't left his bow and arrows anywhere that isn't safe and guarded. Sometimes I believed that while he was my personal guard, he cared more about their safety then mine.

"Something happened," he says solemnly, sweeping his hand back through his slightly too long hair.

"Clearly," I breathe. "But what?"

Cal beckons me to follow him, which I do, apprehensively. My nerves have heightened, and since he hasn't brought Tayten back with him, I already know he did something stupid. Did he kill her? If she is dead, everything is ruined, once again, even for T. It would be a hit to both of our plans if she is in fact, dead.

He leads me quite far into the forest, leaving behind the guards at the edge of the forest, along with all hope that I had left.

We don't stop for a while, traversing through a path Cal clearly created. I brush past broken branches and step over disrupted grass and leaves. Her pursed her through here, clearly, and as he pauses in front of me, I see where it all ended.

Right by a tree, Cal must have made his shot. At least, that's what I assumed happened.

On the ground by our feet, is Ash, spilled everywhere. It sticks to the tree, the bushes and long grass around it. It's everywhere, like dark soot, staining every inch of this place. It's not a mortal occurrence, that's all I know, but T told me himself that she is a time traveller. It doesn't take long for me to put two and two together.

"You shot her," I say, unsure on how to sort all the emotions that are coming at me at high speeds. "Why?"

"I had to, she was going to get away. I targeted her leg, but she exploded into ash. This is the last thing I wanted to do Faye," Cal says, turning to me as if to come off sincerer. I sigh deeply, unable to take my eyes off the ash on the ground.

Everything is gone. Everything.

"We have to take the ash back home. To get it tested, before we can properly lay her to rest," I say softly. Not only is our plan ruined, she's actually dead. Cal took her life from her, and although I don't blame him for this, it clearly hurts the both of us.

"You can't tell T about this," Cal says, picking his bow up off the ground, from where he had left it.

I frown. "He needs to know. If we tell him, he will realise his plan is over. We have no other choice but to tell him."

Cal doesn't like T, that's a given. It's clear to me that neither of them are willing to give up their personal lives and how they know each other. So, while that is the case, I'll be doing as I please, which includes not consulting Cal about my decisions.

"Okay, then, I suggest we get rid of him," Cal mutters, before he brushes past me, walking away.

***

I waited patiently for two days before I approached T's room again.

He fell unconscious due to the poison, which wasn't my intention. He was meant to stay completely aware for twenty-four hours so that he could think over the fact that for once, I played him instead. Now, it's been around twenty-five hours since I poisoned him, so he should be awake.

When I knock on the door, there is no answer, so I unlock it slowly, and wander in.

Shirtless – a normal occurrence for T when he is alone – and in bed, I see the Silent struggle to sit up, his arms shaking slightly as the paralysis wears off.

When he sees me, I expect a moment of pure rage. Instead, he smiles – a soft, tentative smile.

"You got me good, Alpha," he mutters, his voice hoarse. I spy the glass of water one of my guards must have left for him, which looks untouched. I want to tell him to drink it, since his face is withdrawn of colour, and he clearly must be dehydrated after what he went through.

I stop myself, though. I'm not supposed to care for him.

"I did, didn't I?"

For whatever reason, I don't feel as happy as I should be. Tayten is dead. A girl in love with T, who didn't deserve her fate. At least, I don't believe she did. With the smile on T's face, I'm sure I'll be taking that from him for the second time this week.

As I sit on the side of his bed, knowing he isn't going to have enough energy to move, he seems to notice my withdrawn attitude.

"You caught her, didn't you?" he asks. He doesn't seem bothered by this, in a way.

With a deep sigh, I decide to question him about something that has been on my mind. Once I announce her death, T will surely not want to talk about her, so I'm going to use this time to ask what has been bothering.

"She said something to me that I thought you might want to answer for me," I say softly, running my hand across the soft duvet.

T raises his brow breath a fringe of messy curly hair.

"She was waiting for you, because she admitted her love to you," I say nervously, hoping he can't tell that this bothered me slightly, for some unexplainable reason. "Is she your mate?"

I made sure to say is instead of was.

She shakes his head. "No, she is not my mate, Faye."

"She really loved you, I could tell. Do you feel the same way? I mean, that would make sense considering it could be why you summoned her here in the first place..." I say, sounding stupid in my delivery. He doesn't seem to catch on.

"Why would I be in love with Tayten?" he questions, eyebrows furrowing. "When I'm in love with someone else?"

💗••💗

Want more and don't want to wait!? More of Faye is available now on Radish!

Send in some ideas for designs for merchandise, that would be really cool!

Alpha Kaden, Alpha Grayson, Alpha Jasper and Alpha Landon are available for purchase on Amazon now! Send me a picture of you with the book to be featured!

🌷••🌷

The update for Faye for Radish will be up soon.

I'm currently studying for my scholarship History exam, which is why updates are slow at the moment. Damn exams.

Also, I'm writing like 3000 word chapters nowadays, so it takes a tad longer.

Facebook: authormidikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 235 15
Ash Ryder; smart, athletic- and an assassin werewolf. When her twin brother goes missing, she goes to find him and gets bitten by him. She Joins th...
123K 5.1K 46
*Thirteenth Book in the Alpha Series - Can be read as standalone* "Isaiah..." I breathe. He's so close, I can feel his hot breath mingling with mine...
10.5K 303 35
Eve has always been an independent wolf within her pack. She doesn't like much to be defended or treated like she can't take care of herself. It's fo...
426K 9.9K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...