RARE GOLD

By yvnglisha

Rare is a nineteen year old mixed beauty who has had a hard past since her parents got murdered eight years a... More

THE BEGINNING.
i.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
THE END.

ii.

2.4K 105 8
By yvnglisha

RARE LOTUS EGYPT

I didn't expect to tell Trevor so much so soon. For whatever reason I couldnt bring myself to lie to him.

A couple hours after King left so did Trevor. We vibed and played 21 questions (his idea) and got to know eachother better. Hes real chill and I actually like his company. I wouldn't mind keeping him around as a friend, after all I could use one.

I pulled up to where I was suppose to be meeting King at, it was some hookah bar. I had a iffy feeling about coming here but I was already parking. I stepped out my car and locked it behind me before making my way through the doors.

I searched the dimmed lit place for my brother and seen him sitting down with a girl. I couldn't really make out her face because she had her face down in her purse. I made my way to them and King smiled when he seen me, and stood to hug me.

I smiled back and hugged him, I look over at the girl who was now looking at me and it was Tyla. The hell going on here?

"Whats good Rarrie?" King asked as I took a seat across from them,

He called me by the nickname from when we were younger, god I miss those days. I miss my childhood, my old family, I miss my parents.

Im more than positive if they were still here I would have been doing better for myself, than killing people for a couple of hundred thousand dollars.

No sane person can kill people and turn around and act completely normal. Which is why I stayed alone all the time. I have angry issues like a muthafucker and don't tolerate anything close to disrespect. I have a cold ass heart and its been that way for eight years. I'm no good, for anybody, not even King.

I blew out a breath and turned my attention back to King and Tyla.

"I'm good, whatchu doing here?" I answered King's question then asked Ty a question. She seemed nervous and look to King as if she was telling him to talk for her..what's wrong with her?

"Uhh, I just thought it be best if I got this over with as soon as possible." King told me slightly avoiding eye contact.

"Then get it over with!" I push, I really dislike when people beat around the bush.

"Me and Tyla are dating." He spits out. I look at him upside the head then sit back with my arms crossed under my chest.

"King...Thats it?" I look at him with a brow raised.

"Yeah."

"Nigga, I thought it was a serious issue or something, why'd you act all nervous and shit, like i'm moms and you were telling her you got a girl pregnant?" I tell him, Tyla chuckled beside him, loosening up, He cracks a smile as well.

"I thought you'd be mad." He replies.

"For what? I like Tyla, she coo' so I aint trippin'. Just dont do no dumb shit, she is still my hair stylist. I'd have to kick yo ass in the throat if she fuck up my hair because YOU made her upset." I take a pull from the hookah that was sitting in front of us. Tyla starts to laugh real hard and she resembles Trevor when he laughs, well duh Rare they're twins.

"I wouldnt do that Lo." Tyla confirms.

"I think the only person you need to be scared to tell is Trevor." I tell King, Tyla looks nervous again and King blows out a breath.

"I know." King says then stands looking behind me in the direction of the door. I turn in my seat to see Trevor walking through the entrance sliding his RayBan shades to the top of his head.

Damn he looks good, I quickly snap out of my trance and turn back in my seat as King goes over to get him. I see Tyla smirking at me, I furrowed my brows together.

"Whaaat..?" I ask slowly, she looking at me all weird and shit.

"Somebody likes somebody.." She replies in a song-like voice. I smirk knowing who she is talking about, but shes wrong.

"I dont like him." I tell her.

"You don't like who?" King asks walking back to our area with Trevor standing right by his side.

"Nobody." I answer quickly, me and Trevor make eye contact. I slide over on my side of the booth because King and Tyla took up the other side. He sits next to me, as King took his previous seat next to his Tyla.

"Mmm..Well anyways what you up to Trevor?" King asks trying to start a conversation.

"Ionno mane, you tell me..You just had to have yo lil double date shit huh?" Trevor replies, pause I don't do dates.

"What?" I question King before he can reply back to Trevor.

"Nah, I had something to tell you and Rare but you wanna show up all late and shit so now I just have to tell you." King completely ignores me, and talks to Trev, rude much? Least he cleared up the confusion I had.

"Aight, so what is it?" Trev asks, aw shit good luck bro.

"Me and Tyla dating." He cuts straight to it, but with me he wanna act scared and what not. I chuckle at that making everyone look slightly over at me like I was crazy. I shrug them off, if your older brother was, know what nevermind, I just found it funny.

Trevor leans back in his seat and rubs the hair on his chin lightly. But doesnt speak, shit Im just waiting for everything to unfold..Secrets getting told early as shit ain't they?

"Say something.." Tyla whispers to him but we all heard, he looks over to her.

"Say what?" He questions.

"Anything."

"Does it really matter what I say, the shit done now." Although his voice was calm you could tell how much it was bothering him. Tyla blew out a breath, and not a relaxed one. "Im gone man." He storms off before anybody can say anything, both of them look over at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Go calm him down." King says in a duh tone.

"Why? This not my problem, and what makes you think he'll listen to me anywa-" Tyla cuts off my rant.

"Please, before he leaves, at least try Lotus." She begs, I huff as I stand to my feet making sure I have my things before I make my way to the front door then parking lot. They better be thankful.

I catch him just in time, he was about to get in his car. "Trev!" I call to him, he looks up at me and stops. Standing next to his car I made my way to stand in front of him.

"What man?" He ask in a sort of rude tone. I came out here to make a situation better not start a new one. Lucky for him because I was oso close to punching him in the throat.

I take a small step back just to be safe. My arms can no longer reach him if I just so happen to swing.

"Where you going?" I ask. I'm not sure how this shit works, Im used to being alone not helping others with their feelings. He smirks looking down at me leaning back on his car.

"You aren't really good with this are you?" His voice held somewhat of amusement.

"No." I confess, he chuckles.

"It'll grow on you after a while. Being isolated for damn near eight years done gotchu thuggin' out the ass naturally." I laugh shaking my head. "But i'm going home, I just need minute to calm down."

"But didnt you just get out the house?"

"Yeah, I been doing homework."

"So why go back in? I mean I get you upset or whatever, I guess. Go do something else to get yo mind off it, instead of sitting over thinking everything." I suggest, I can come in handy sometimes.

"Maybe you not so bad at giving advice after all." He smirks down at me, I flip my hair dramatically causing him to laugh.

"I know darling, I know." I said with a English accent, he shook his head at me.

"You are something else Rare." I nod agreeing with him, indeed I am. "I guess you're right though, I might go see my moms or something."

"Mmhm, you do that kiddo."

"Im older than you." He fuss.

"By like 6 days, ooh mister senior citizen please pardon my ignorance." I say sarcastically. He starts to laugh again.

"Over dramatic ass!"

"Its the child in me." I shrug. "But I'll let you get to doing what ya need or whatever." I tell him about to make my way back.

"Wait. Im coming back in." I stand by the door and wait for him to catch up and we start making our back to the booth.

"What made you change your mind?" I ask him.

"You helped me calm down." He shrugged, as we take our seats from before. Once we do King and Tyla's head snaps in our direction, I can tell that Tyla was crying and King was trying to calm her down. Awww he must really like her.

I see Trevor look a bit guilty over it he blew out a breath before speaking. "Tyla man, dont cry, Its not that big of a deal."

"Yes it is Kenny." Tyla argues.

"Why? Ain't like you pregnant or getting married or some shit!" Trevor fusses back. I seen Tyla put her head down in disappointment. "Tyla.." He said looking at her like he was reading her wrong but we all knew once she put her head down what was up. King looked shocked. Aw shit.

"Tyla.." King says looking at her hoping he was reading her wrong too.

"I just found out this morning, okay!" She raises her voice a little. Both of the boys look at her with wide eyes, she had more tears falling down her cheeks.

"The fuck man?!" Trevor yelled, catching a few people attention. "Fuck yall looking at?!" He shouts to them, they quickly turn their attention back to what the were doing.

"Yall calm down man, if yall had some shit like this to say yall knew damn well to do it in private. Got black people looking bad, as if they don't already." I tell them in a calm voice they all look at me. I don't do the yelling and shit, I hate yelling and I hate when people act like they ain't got no home training even more. I turned my attention to King, "I'm gone King, good luck or whatever." I throw Trevor a glance letting him know to let me out the booth. He got out and I stood about to walk off when King voice stopped me.

"Why, this a family moment." The word made me cringe, the whole affection thing still needs to grow on me. I turned around to see Trevor sitting back down and they all looked up at me.

I shook my head, "Nah, it ain't got nothing to do with me, I'm not about to stress over a baby yall having." I walked off, what did they expect? They're having a baby good for them, what am I going to do.

I understand them telling me but I don't know what they want from me. I made it outside to my car, as I was backing out the parking spot I got two texts. I let them sit there while I drove home.

As I was pulling into the parking lot of my condo building, I realized I didn't wanna be here. I looked down at my phone as I sat in my parked car. Two texts from King and Trevor, I should have known ain't like I got friends and shit.

King: You gone have to stop acting like that Rare, we family.

Trevor: Meet me somewhere.

I decided to just call Trevor I'm not doing anything else. He answered on the 4th ring.

"I aint think you'd take me up on the offer." He said.

"Yeah well I ain't got nothing else to do. Unless you trying to meet up to talk about this whole situation, I can stay home." I dont want to discuss this whole baby thing at all.

"Nah, just like you don't want to talk about it I don't."

"Cool, so where we meeting up?"

"I'll text you the address."

"Bet." I said then ended the call. A few moments later I got a text from him. I put the address in my gps then made my way there.

I'm now parked in a condo building's parking lot. I pull out a breath and called Trevor back.

"You here?" He answers.

"Yeah."

"Cool, Ima come meet you in the lobby."

"Aight." I then hang up, I get out my car and lock it as I make my way inside to the lobby.

I sit down in one of those chairs, and look around its pretty much the same as mine. Has a door man, chandelier, couches, real fancy like and shit.

"Rare." I snap my head in the direction I heard the voice coming from. I knew it was Trevor. I stood up and walked towards him, he smiled shyly at me.

"You live here?" I ask as we make our way over to the elevator, he nods his head.

"Yeah, I moved here like a few months ago." He says we go up to the 8th floor then to the 3rd door on the right.

He took out some keys and opened the door, stepping aside letting me in first. I walked in and soon after he was in locking the door behind him. We made our way to his living room.

So far his place was surprisingly clean and smelled nice, like him. We sat on two different couches as the silence fell upon us.

"So, whats up?" I ask, I'm not one to talk but this silence was killing me. Plus he was looking at me in a daze of some sort.

"Nothing really, look I know you said you don't want to talk about the whole situation but this shit is really bothering me." I just looked at him as he spoke, he blew out a breath. "You wouldn't understand."

"How would you know?" I challenge.

"You said so yourself you haven't had a family for damn near eight years."

"Yeah but I did have one for 12." I point out. My family was everything to me, so I guess not having them took a huge toll on me.

"Then why don't you act like it?" I looked up at him confused.

"What do you mean?"

"You left when King needed you. I'm not sure if you don't notice or just don't give a fuck but King is really happy you're back in his life. So for you to leave like it was nothing, fucked with him." I blew out a breath, I can see where hes coming from but do they seriously expect for me to act like everything's fine and dandy? Because its not, I just found my brother less than 24 hours ago, whom I thought was dead for eight years. This ain't no damn disney movie. I need time to cope, how do I know something won't happen again and hes taken away from me? I'd rather not get attached so soon.

"What's really the problem?" It was Trevor's turn to look at me crazy.

"What?"

"Why are you so upset? I know its not because of how I acted towards King, so really what's up?" His face shown that he knew what I was talking about. Even if I halved ass cared, the least he could do was talk about it. Listening counts for something, right?

"You said you didn't want to talk about it."

"I don't, but you do. Seeing you brought it up anyways. Speak now or forever hold your peace." I say nonchalantly, he leaned back onto the couch and looked at me.

I sighed and slipped my jordan 10s off my feet and my purse from over my body. I left my purse in the spot I was sitting in and made my way to the couch Trevor was sitting on. I brought my left leg under me as I sat a comfortable distant from him.

"I dont know man. Its just not sitting right with me. I mean yeah she may be considered 'grown' but thats still my little sister. She ain't ready for a kid yet man. Our birthday is in a few days, I was hoping she would at least get married first. I could have took that way better. No disrespect or nothing thats my nigga and all but how I know he won't leave her with a kid when times get hard. This shit just too much." He finished running a hand over his face.

He may have had the intention of bringing me over to take his mind off this situation but we all knew he just wanted to talk about it. So I answered as best as I could and of course its nothing but realness coming from my mouth.

"First off, this isn't really something you need to be stressed over, I understand shes your twin but thats not something for you to worry 'bout. Same thing with King hes my brother but that's between him and Tyla. Not you, not me, not even your parents honestly. They both grown not little kids, they knew what the fuck sex results in so they can't be mad at nobody but themselves, if anything. Secondly, if its one thing I know, I know for sure King will handle his responsibility. Hes never ran from his problems, and for we all know they could possibly have intentions on marrying each other." I finish, he looks at me in some sort of amazement.

He chuckled, "Good advice." I raised my brow at him. I wanted to get happy but something in the back of my mind told me he was kidding.

"Really?" He nodded his head.

"Yeah, really. I shouldn't stress over it."

"Yeah, be happy you're going to have a little niece or nephew." I smile over at him, he returned the smile.

"So are you." Then I thought about it, I will. Wait...

"Would that make us related if they get married?" I asks aloud but more to myself, I looked down at my hand in my lap.

I could hear Trevor chuckle a little from beside me, but I was serious. I don't want to be related to him. I dont even mean it in a bad way, who would want to be relate to their crush? That has to be the worst thing ever.

Trevor isnt even really my crush, hes just really cute and cool and I like his company. So in a way I like him but I'm not sure if you'd even call that a crush. Trevors voice knocked me from my thoughts.

"Yes than no, if you really sit and think about it we'd be in laws but its not even that big of a deal." He said simply, I guess he had a point. I leaned back on the couch relaxed now, I could see him looking at me from the corner of my eye.

"Its rude to stare Trevy." I smirk still looking ahead of me at the tv that was on a basketball game.

"Then let a nigga be rude Rare." I shook my head slightly at him, hes weird.

"What are you doing for your birthday?" I turn my attention back to him, I wasn't really interested in the tv in the first place. I just didnt wanna blush or make a fool of myself somehow. Damn, Im acting like a highschooler.

"Im having a party at the club, since my birthday is Friday I can have my party on the actually day of my birthday." Its Sunday now and I'm working all week. I know he never invited me but I'd still want to be free just in case he does. Well the least I could do is get him something. "You're invited..ya know, if you want to come." He finally says.

"Thanks, I'll come thru if I can." I stand and make my way back over to my stuff. I slip my shoes back on then my purse over my body. "Im about to go though." I tell him, he looks at me confused.

"Why so soon? You just got here and its like 4." He points, out standing as well walking me to the door.

"I know, but I have to go do something before I forget or become too busy to do it later." He nods and pulls me into a hug by my waist. I smile then bite my bottom lip from cheesing too hard as I wrap my arms around his neck hugging him back.

"Keep in touch and be safe." He says we then slowly pull away from the hug. He lightly kisses my forehead. Maybe I do have a crush on him. Because anybody else would have got decked in the jaw for touching my face.

"Aight, see ya around Trevy." I walk back to the elevator and heard his door close as I step on the elevator.

Couple of minutes later I'm in my car backing out the spot I was in and making my way to the mall. I'm not what sure to get him but I can ask for help once I get there.

About 25 minutes later I was pulling walking thru the doors of the mall, first stop Ralph Lauren, what nigga doesnt love polo?

I went to the second level and walked going straight to the men section. Now to find his size and I'll be good. I sent King a quick text to ask him, Im sure he knows they're best friends. A few minutes passed and I got his size along with a question we all knew was coming, 'why?'

I just simply told him for his birthday, which it was but to keep it a surprise.

I bought him a couple shirts, two pj bottoms, and two hats. I took the items to the counter as the lady at the cash register was ringing up my stuff the man in line behind thought it'd be a good idea to try and make a move.

"Hey, what brings you here?" The somewhat tall brown skinned man asked, he was cute but I've seen way better (Trevy, of course). I looked over my shoulder up at him then turned my attention back to my things.

"Buying things for my boyfriend." I say simply, even though Trevor isn't my boyfriend. I'm more then certain he'll leave me alone if he knew I wasnt available.

The lady gave me my total and I pulled out my wallet handing her the money.

Thankfully brown skin man stopped talking to me. Its nothing wrong with him I'm just not interested, I never am.

I grab my change and bags heading out the store and back downstairs, to the parking lot and soon my car.

Within the next two hours I was back home and fresh out the shower tomorrow is back to a long week of money making. I need all the focus I can get. I was soon drifting off to sleep in my comfortable king size bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 302 24
[BOOK TWO IS OUT NOW! HAVE A LOOK AND READ :)] Y/n.... Born in the undercity but raised in plitover until the age was 16, where they ran into a grou...
60.5K 1.1K 27
Y/n is a 14 year old drug addict her mother died when y/n was ten y/n's father abuses her he abused her mother as well but her mother needed a home f...
836 245 46
In the midst of overwhelming sorrow and isolation, Everly, a determined 17-year-old, sets out to rediscover her inner strength and identity. She stri...
461K 13.3K 33
Y/n was just a normal teenage girl. She's is quiet but very intelligent . She didn't have many friends but barely got picked on at school . One day s...