Make a Joke of It All - A One...

By RememberingSomeday

Kate Carter used to believe she loved Zayn Malik. But when he joined One Direction, she met Harry Styles, and... More

Unfaithful
Beautiful Liar
Can't Help But Wait
There Goes My Life
Dirty Little Secret
It's Over This Time
Moments - Part One
Moments - Part Two
Disaster
Moves Like Jagger
I Will Survive
You Know I'm No Good
End of the Line
Lullaby
Papa Don't Preach
Marry You
These Four Walls
Time Bomb
Small Bump - Part One
Small Bump - Part Two

Wish You Were Here

978 8 1
By RememberingSomeday

Wish you were here

Wish you well

If you only share this hell

- - - - - - - - - - -

I watched Zayn storm out of the room with fury. My eyes were dripping with tears as Louis and Ronnie directed me out of the room before Harry could say something to make me even more upset. I cried for what had to be hours in an empty room. I felt more shock than pain, but tears come when your brain knows they should. I couldn't help myself. In the room there was just me, Louis, Ronnie, and a couch. I switched from shoulder to shoulder in the quiet room. At this time sound would let me alone. I could zone out and not think about anything. But quiet just makes me focus on the details and the horrid things such as my betrayl to Zayn. Silence sucks. 

Eventuallly I was brought back to the hotel. I was weak and torn and ready to roll over and die. The hotel was the largest suite I had ever known. The walls were painted a bright cream and the counters in the small kitchen glossed in black colored marble. There was even a mini fridge in the kitchen and a stove with no pots. Useless. The furniture and apolstry was white as well as the soft carpet covering a slick dark-wooden floor. The place gleemed with beauty with four doors each leading to a room. The bathroom was on the left as soon as you walked in, and it matched the scheme of the palace. It was more of an apartment than a hotel.

I was astonished as I walked into the room, as I always am, even though I have seen this place many times. Louis had my arm slung over his shoulder as he basically dragged me into the room. I was like a drunk being taken home personnally instead of letting them drive themselves. At this point, I was as sober and naucus as one. It was too dark to tell if someone was watching the running TV or if it was forgotten. He flipped on the switch and left me hanging by the island in the kitchen. Ronnie followed in after me.

"Louis," I breathed. "Louis, is Zayn in there?"

"No," he sighed. "And it's better that way. We don't need any more tears tonight do we, Sunshine?" He pretended to steal my nose, but I turned away and attempted a giggle. He was trying, so I could too. He directed me into the room he and Harry shared. My heart skipped a beat when I gained closer ground. I didn't want to see Harry. He was probably mad at me, and I was too dizzy and painfully numb to comprehend. It was hell to feel this. 

"No! No! No!" I quietly protested. "I can't see Harry."

"Don't worry," Louis edged. "Niall took him out for a drink and some supper. He won't be back until late." He snickered. "He will probably pass out on the couch out there, drunk, when he comes back." He was laughing at this, but, when he saw me with a solemn face, he killed it.

"Well, then. I will leave you ladies to it." He clapped his hands together gently. "Kate, your bags of clothes are right in that corner." He pointed across the room to three tan suitcases stacked one on top of the other. "Good night, ladies." 

The night appeared to drag on longer than the crying had. Ronnie had brought in a tub of Ben&Jerry's and let me go to work while we watched a marathon of Nicholas Sparks' classics. Seeing other people's misery and joy made my life seem a lot simpler. Except when I finally realized that my life sucked more than the screen and that this was real and their stories were figments of an author's imagination. I was my own author here, and I was doing a pretty crappy job at it. 

Watching these movies made me feel like I had only just been through a break-up. I mean, all these movies face a break-up at some point. But in my life it wasn't just a simple we-break-up-and-eventually-get-back-together break-up. This was worse. I was pregnant. Pregnant. And to make matters worse, I had no idea who the father was. I'm sure plently of girls would love to say they were carrying a member of One Direction's babies, but I didn't. Not at this point in life. I was eighteen and had my whole life ahead of me. I had plans. Plans to go to college. Become a teacher. Educate the future. Make a difference in the world. I can't do all that with a baby at eighteen. Espicially not alone.

I need someone. I need Zayn. Or Harry at least. I need a father in this baby's life. I need the real father, whoever he might be. I'm still waiting to see.

Around 2 a.m., Ronnie fell asleep on the bed next to me, stretched out in my pajamas I had insisted she borrow. I took one look at her and decided I was hungry. So I got up and started for the kitchen. The place was pitch black, so I had to make sure I didn't trip over anything that could possibly be in my way. 

Thud. Damn, that hurt! My shin made contact with a very hard edge of the couch. A few choice words were floating in my head, but I didn't want to wake anyone with this. I rubbed it for a second while I stood there. I decided to move around the couch and then I easily found the kitchen. A figure stood hunched over the mini fridge and made my body jump back a step. My heart was pounding as I stood motionless staring at the intruder. 

I back up to the wall. I had to find something hard to hit them with. I slithered away to the front door with my hands grazing the wall slightly. I came to the umbrella stand and grabbed the biggest umbrella I could find. I slowly tip-toed at the kitchen with the umbrella ready like a hitter about to hit the game winning homerun. I was going for a grandslam.

As I got closer, the intrueder began to slowly close the door. They had something in their hand. A gun? Oh no. I gripped the handle so tight I'm sure my knuckles looked white. I inched closer, and they spun around. I saw a light flash before me, and I swung hard for that grand slam. The perp fell to the ground and dropped the weapon

"What the hell?" I heard a whisper say. "Who is that?" I recognized that Irish accent.

"Niall?" I tried to make out his facial features in the darkness, but it was no use. "Niall? Is that you?"

"Kate?" He sounded suprised. "What are you hitting me for? All I wanted was a snack." He began to pull himself up off the ground using the counter. 

"I'm sorry, Niall. I thought you were intruding."

"In my own hotel room?" he chuckled. "I don't think anyone is going to intrude here with the amount of security we have here."

"'You never know. Crazy female fans." At this moment, I couldn't help but think of Harry.

"What was that anyways?"

"An umbrella."

He laughed. "Yes, and that will stop a criminal who may possibly be carrying a gun."

"Where's Harry?" I spat out. I didn't mean to. This would be a moment where I would throw my hands over my mouth in utter shock, but I'm too tired and hungry to waste that much energy.

"On the couch," Niall said plainly. I looked over in that direction. I bumped into that couch. 

"Oh." I saw a figure move towards the bedroom Ronnie was sleeping in. It must be Harry going to bed. I was going to have to sneak in and take Ronnie out of there with no noise. I sighed.

"Yeah, uh, Kate?" There was a nervous change in tone that made me feel uneasy.

"Yeah?" 

"He loves you, you know that? He hopes it's his baby," Niall confessed. My mouth dropped open. I couldn't believe Harry Styles wanted me to have his baby. 

"What?" I asked flabbergasted.

"He wanted me to tell you. He doesn't think he could talk to you in person without Zayn ripping his head off. Even now with, you know, the whole not being together thing."

"Is he mad?"

Niall sighed. "No, not really. More afraid than anything."

"Afraid of what exactly? The baby or Zayn?"

He chuckled. "Both, I think. He was drunk, so I only caught half of what he said. But he was sober when he told me that all I find out when he's drunk you need to hear."

"Wow." Suddenly I wasn't hungry any more. We stood in silence for a moment. I was done with this conversation. I needed to process these words. 

Niall yawned. "Well, Kate. I'm hitting the sack. See ya in the mornin'." He brushed passed me in the small kitchen. I stood by myself for a second before decideing I needed to wake up Ronnie and tell her. I needed to confide in someone, and I had no idea where Louis could be. 

I started for the room. The door was slightly cracked open. Open wide enough to show an empty side next to Ronnie. Harry wasn't in here. This is odd. I walked over and stood over the bed. I saw a glimmer of light reflect off an object laying on the bed. It was a piece of shiny paper. I stepped over to the light shining in from the window. I unflipped the flap and immediatly didn't believe the words I read:

Kate,

          I need to talk to you tommorrow about our baby.

                                                                                   -Zayn

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

So....for those reading.....what do you think is going to happen? Please comment your thoughts below! I would love to read predictions!

-Hannah:)

P.S. Thanks to whoever is reading this. It means a lot :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 122 18
"I love you Gabrielle." He said as kisses trailed down to my neck. "I love you, forever and always." I whispered. It took one night. It took one test...
128K 1.7K 29
{DONT READ MY FIRST FANFIC AND ITS BAD YOU'LL BE SCARRED FOR LIFE IF YOU READ. PROCEED WITH CAUTION} Have you ever been forced to go somewhere? You r...
401K 6.4K 29
I looked down at the plastic stick in my hand for at least the tenth time this minute. positive. This can't be happening. It was a one night stand. I...
48.9K 580 39
Sarah meets Harry by accident, when she helps him and the other One Direction members escape from the paparazzi. Harry asks her to be his girlfriend...